Grimsby 0 Covid 19

Huntsman94

Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere Rovers
It’s ridiculous that nothing was put in place prior to the season starting but then again, this is the EFL we’re on about. Given the league was cancelled last season due to a global pandemic, you’d have thought the grounds for starting the new season would involve protocols for these scenarios!

Unfortunately we’re in one of the current Covid hotspots in the country and therefore more likely to get a positive result (as our other clubs in Covid hotspots) in comparison to other. One of our players got notified that he had to self isolate via the track and trace system for example. It seems harsh that the EFL say you have to fulfil the fixture regardless of how thin your squad may be or risk a 15 point penalty. It will be very interesting to see what they do with the Grimsby case as that will no doubt set the precedent to come.

Robshep

Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere Rovers
It’s ridiculous that nothing was put in place prior to the season starting but then again, this is the EFL we’re on about. Given the league was cancelled last season due to a global pandemic, you’d have thought the grounds for starting the new season would involve protocols for these scenarios!

Unfortunately we’re in one of the current Covid hotspots in the country and therefore more likely to get a positive result (as our other clubs in Covid hotspots) in comparison to other. One of our players got notified that he had to self isolate via the track and trace system for example. It seems harsh that the EFL say you have to fulfil the fixture regardless of how thin your squad may be or risk a 15 point penalty. It will be very interesting to see what they do with the Grimsby case as that will no doubt set the precedent to come.
Club statement is spot on.

pontoonlew

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby
Fair play to Tranmere today, playing at Salford despite some players testing positive. Very good point for them, well done.

Grimsby are an embarrassment compared to Tranmere and Stevenage. Holloway, unsurprisingly, lost the plot with his bizarre rant this week.
Out of interest, what will happen if Tranmere have infected the Salford squad as a result of sending their team to the game without knowing for sure that nobody else has it? You don’t know the answer to that because there’s no protocols in place to answer it.

We gave you a weeks notice, yet you lot (led by that pillock nobody Sparks) are STILL crying about it.

Holloway thinks it’s set us back months of fitness, yet poor old Bradford are the ones supposedly suffering.

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
Out of interest, what will happen if Tranmere have infected the Salford squad as a result of sending their team to the game without knowing for sure that nobody else has it? You don’t know the answer to that because there’s no protocols in place to answer it.

We gave you a weeks notice, yet you lot (led by that pillock nobody Sparks) are STILL crying about it.

Holloway thinks it’s set us back months of fitness, yet poor old Bradford are the ones supposedly suffering.

It’s a mess, look at Crewe last week rolling up and it all kicking off there. There just doesn’t seem any clarification on what is the correct protocol from the EFL, Grimsby slated for not playing, Crewe slated for trying to play, Tranmere threatened with deductions if they don’t play! You couldn’t make it up.

Huntsman94

Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere Rovers

We tested the whole squad and those that played returned negative results.

Kauto Star

Reaction score
Supports
Bradford City

I was just about to reply to you but Huntsman just beat me to it.

The issue Ryan Sparks and our football club had with Grimsby, is how they found out about it. Your chairman was telling the media that he had postponed the game against us without having the decency to inform our club first. Not only that, your club should have approached the EFL first so they could confirm it to us. But no, it was a few days after you had told the media it was off, before we got confirmation from the EFL. Ryan Sparks was spot on with what he was saying to our local radio station two days before it was officially postponed by the EFL.

Gladders

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
Twitter
@Gladders1980

It doesn't matter that they tested negative yesterday, they could be positive tomorrow.

That's why government guidelines are to isolate for 14 days negative test or not. Look at the Republic of Ireland squad today, a player tested negative on Monday has now tested positive.

As for the shite EFL who knows what is going on with them, they couldn't run a piss up in a brewery nevermind a football league. The only difference looking at Tranmere's statement and ours is Tranmere said they didn't have any medical advice to isolate whereas we did, maybe that's why they were threatened with a points deduction? But knowing the EFL they just want games played regardless of the entire league eventually testing positive.

All this is doing is forcing clubs to hide positive tests and symptoms in order to play games no matter what.

loz

Reaction score
Supports
Citeh
All this is doing is forcing clubs to hide positive tests and symptoms in order to play games no matter what.
Surely that's a criminal offence. Don't the guidelines say "you can return to work following a negetive test"? Perhaps we should ask Boris.

Son of Cod

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
It doesn't matter that they tested negative yesterday, they could be positive tomorrow.

That's why government guidelines are to isolate for 14 days negative test or not. Look at the Republic of Ireland squad today, a player tested negative on Monday has now tested positive.
Mate. Don't your waste your time on this. This thread is full of people who don't have a grasp of the basics of COVID and the government guidelines.

Son of Cod

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
Surely that's a criminal offence. Don't the guidelines say "you can return to work following a negetive test"? Perhaps we should ask Boris.
Hahahaha, prime example of what I'm talking about posted at exactly the same time as my last post.

Huntsman94

Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere Rovers

As for the shite EFL who knows what is going on with them, they couldn't run a piss up in a brewery nevermind a football league. The only difference looking at Tranmere's statement and ours is Tranmere said they didn't have any medical advice to isolate whereas we did, maybe that's why they were threatened with a points deduction? But knowing the EFL they just want games played regardless of the entire league eventually testing positive.

Players who came into close contact with the two that have tested positive for Covid are doing the 2 weeks of isolating... Think it has something to do with how they get to the training ground or who is in the same changing room at the training ground regarding who is isolating and who doesn’t have to.

From everything that has been said, we’ve followed the letter of the law to a tee. I just don’t get why the EFL would say to some clubs that they can play on whereas others aren’t able to. They’re an absolute farce from top to bottom.

pontoonlew

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby
But that’s against government guidelines, so how on earth can the EFL or some fat jumped up prick from Bradford chastise us for it?

Robshep

Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere Rovers
Hahahaha, prime example of what I'm talking about posted at exactly the same time as my last post.
If the government cannot give clear guidelines how can anybody know what they are supposed to do. Its a failure of leadership.

pontoonlew

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby
I was just about to reply to you but Huntsman just beat me to it.

The issue Ryan Sparks and our football club had with Grimsby, is how they found out about it. Your chairman was telling the media that he had postponed the game against us without having the decency to inform our club first. Not only that, your club should have approached the EFL first so they could confirm it to us. But no, it was a few days after you had told the media it was off, before we got confirmation from the EFL. Ryan Sparks was spot on with what he was saying to our local radio station two days before it was officially postponed by the EFL.
Bradford are banging on like it was hours before, it was eight days before ffs. We did approach the EFL.

What Bradford are actually bothered about is the fact we cancelled what you hoped would be an easy 3 points. Apparently we had ‘loads of injuries and no players’ we had 2 injuries and signed 11 players before that so that weird theory is out of the window. You just wanted to bully us into playing the game and threw your toys out of the pram, the way you found out had nothing to do with it.

Son of Cod

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
Want to be any more of a condescending prick to everyone else or are you done for the day?
Definitely not done for the day.
Players who came into close contact with the two that have tested positive for Covid are doing the 2 weeks of isolating... Think it has something to do with how they get to the training ground or who is in the same changing room at the training ground regarding who is isolating and who doesn’t have to.

From everything that has been said, we’ve followed the letter of the law to a tee. I just don’t get why the EFL would say to some clubs that they can play on whereas others aren’t able to. They’re an absolute farce from top to bottom.
Anyone who has come into close contact with someone who tested positive has to do 14 days of self isolation. Testing is irrelevant, you can come into close contact with someone and if you don't have symptoms you still have to isolate and you aren't supposed to do a test. You only do a test if you have symptoms. If you do a test and it's negative you still isolate, I know this because I'm on day 11 of a 2 week isolation.
If the government cannot give clear guidelines how can anybody know what they are supposed to do. Its a failure of leadership.
They have given clear guidelines. They're online. I'm not one to defend the government and the system is a joke but the rules are there to read for people that can be bothered. I agree they haven't conveyed these rules effectively to people that expect them to be dripfed to them via some other means of not reading though.

Huntsman94

Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere Rovers
But that’s against government guidelines, so how on earth can the EFL or some fat jumped up prick from Bradford chastise us for it?

Because I think it was to do with those that shared changing rooms or the way they share transport to the training ground rather than training as a whole squad. Those directly affected are isolating but we chose to get the whole squad tested too as a precaution. That’s the only way I can see that it differs from the other clubs.

loz

Reaction score
Supports
Citeh
Perhaps YOU should read the guidelines. I had to because of a personal situation. Bradford only moaned about the way it was done. It's you condescending pricks from Grimsby whose brains are in your fishtails who are banging on about it.

Son of Cod

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
Perhaps YOU should read the guidelines. I had to because of a personal situation. Bradford only moaned about the way it was done. It's you condescending pricks from Grimsby whose brains are in your fishtails who are banging on about it.
I've read the guidelines loads of times, as mentioned further up I'm self isolating right now so I know what they are. What exactly have I said that makes you think I haven't read them?

Last edited:

loz

Reaction score
Supports
Citeh
I've read the guidelines loads of times, as mentioned further up I'm self isolating right now so I know what they are. What exactly have I said that makes you think I haven't read them?
Have you read the bit that says you should return to work if possible following a negative test? Us Arguing the toss of Grimsby not playing is futile. I don't have an opinion of it for I don't fully know what their situation was. However, the efl have explained where they stand to Mark Palios so it stands to reason that there will be lengthy discussions between the efl and Grimsby and should it turn out that clubs are governed by different rulings, I'm sure that the Palios voice will be the loudest.

pontoonlew

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby
Have you read the bit that says you should return to work if possible following a negative test? Us Arguing the toss of Grimsby not playing is futile. I don't have an opinion of it for I don't fully know what their situation was. However, the efl have explained where they stand to Mark Palios so it stands to reason that there will be lengthy discussions between the efl and Grimsby and should it turn out that clubs are governed by different rulings, I'm sure that the Palios voice will be the loudest.
By the sounds of the latest EFL statement it would appear that Palios was talking shit, again.

Son of Cod

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
In order to do that you need have had symptoms though, if you haven't had symptoms you're not supposed to do the test. It is a totally ridiculous system, I'm not defending it. I said I had symptoms to have a test when I didn't, because someone in my house tested positive but if you're going the government guidelines to a tee then you'd have to carry on isolating.

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
In order to do that you need have had symptoms though, if you haven't had symptoms you're not supposed to do the test. It is a totally ridiculous system, I'm not defending it. I said I had symptoms to have a test when I didn't, because someone in my house tested positive but if you're going the government guidelines to a tee then you'd have to carry on isolating.

Last week they reckoned 86% of those who tested positive had no symptoms so means a lot are going with no symptoms!

Luke Imp

Reaction score
Supports
Lincoln City
It’s a mess, look at Crewe last week rolling up and it all kicking off there. There just doesn’t seem any clarification on what is the correct protocol from the EFL, Grimsby slated for not playing, Crewe slated for trying to play, Tranmere threatened with deductions if they don’t play! You couldn’t make it up.
Tbf, that was Beckles fault.

He took a test of his own back, didn't tell Crewe and got the results on the morning of the game when he and Crewe were already in Oxford after having an overnighter.

Artell then wanted to play the game, which they obviously couldn't do and turned up at the Stadium.

Robshep

Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere Rovers
Tbf, that was Beckles fault.

He took a test of his own back, didn't tell Crewe and got the results on the morning of the game when he and Crewe were already in Oxford after having an overnighter.

Artell then wanted to play the game, which they obviously couldn't do and turned up at the Stadium.
The Welsh Assembly has barred any travel from tier 3 virus areas. Tranmere Rovers are due to play Newport County away on saturday. No idea what idiotic response the EFL will have to that one.

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
The Welsh Assembly has barred any travel from tier 3 virus areas. Tranmere Rovers are due to play Newport County away on saturday. No idea what idiotic response the EFL will have to that one.

Are Tranmere in tier 3 being over the Mersey?

masi51

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton
We will likely be in tier 3 from Friday but as we are playing Oldham who will also be in tier 3 we will be all right i think

masi51

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton
That will mean Newport will not complete this seasons fixtures
Merseyside,Gt Manchester, Lancashite,Cumbria and Exeter and part of the Midlands expected to join tier 3 this week

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bantamshell

Latest posts

Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!