Is it time for a 'Managerial Merry go round' thread?

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
Done a great job for you regardless how he comes across. Not sure how much these contracts are worth in all honesty given we were less than a year removed from giving DC 5 years and sacked him at the first sign of trouble.

Our Sentinel reporter saying he gets the feeling from todays press conference our next manager will be Crosby. Underwhelming if so as well as being just downright lazy and it’s not giving me a lot of confidence we will do what we need to do to improve this summer. Hope I’m wrong.
I would be happy with Crosby over a manager who's "done the rounds" a few times.

Does rely on Flickers doing the signings/managing the football side well so he can be head coach though

leedsvaliant

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
Evatt signs new three deal.....Expect to be challenging the Championship play offs the time his next deal comes up
He's done OK ....I wouldn't say brilliant. You've never threatened the automatic spots and you've had some stinkers this season. He's not the sort of guy you'd want to root for either...comes across as a bit of a twat.

I suspect Bolton will be in the top 5 budget wise next season if not top 3, so if they don't go up this time and don't seriously push for the automatic spots next year, you can see the fans turning on him. He's got that petulant, arrogant attitude that might start to rub fans up the wrong way if things aren't going well.

Reactions: SF_

leedsvaliant

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
Done a great job for you regardless how he comes across. Not sure how much these contracts are worth in all honesty given we were less than a year removed from giving DC 5 years and sacked him at the first sign of trouble.

Our Sentinel reporter saying he gets the feeling from todays press conference our next manager will be Crosby. Underwhelming if so as well as being just downright lazy and it’s not giving me a lot of confidence we will do what we need to do to improve this summer. Hope I’m wrong.
I like Crosby and I think he talks really well. My big concern is that he's been part of a stinking run of form and I'm not sure how ruthless he'll be if needed. I don't really want a journeyman manager, but someone like the Fylde manager (whose name escapes me) might work better. Can't help thinking that the whole club needs a fresh pair of eyes. I can see us going the way of FGR if we don't address the serious deficiencies from this season.

masi51

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton
He's done OK ....I wouldn't say brilliant. You've never threatened the automatic spots and you've had some stinkers this season. He's not the sort of guy you'd want to root for either...comes across as a bit of a twat.

I suspect Bolton will be in the top 5 budget wise next season if not top 3, so if they don't go up this time and don't seriously push for the automatic spots next year, you can see the fans turning on him. He's got that petulant, arrogant attitude that might start to rub fans up the wrong way if things aren't going well.
Jesus wept done ok.............Been a manager for just over 5 years.....Got Barrow into the league. Bolton out of div2 first attempt Won the papa Johns trophy and now we are in the play-offs.

You lot are seeking another manager despite every team in this league being crap
Yes he is a Bastard.....They are called Winners
Always had the backing from good owners and between them they are re-building the club

Of course we have had some stinkers we are re-building and we are improving the squad every transfer window
Again i think we will make full use of the loan system next season and our budget will be money generated not by loans like in the dark days of the past

leedsvaliant

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
Jesus wept done ok.............Been a manager for just over 5 years.....Got Barrow into the league. Bolton out of div2 first attempt Won the papa Johns trophy and now we are in the play-offs.

You lot are seeking another manager despite every team in this league being crap
Yes he is a Bastard.....They are called Winners
Always had the backing from good owners and between them they are re-building the club

Of course we have had some stinkers we are re-building and we are improving the squad every transfer window
Again i think we will make full use of the loan system next season and our budget will be money generated not by loans like in the dark days of the past
I'll grant you, getting Barrow up was an achievement, but getting Bolton out of league 2 was something my dead nan could have done....your budget must have dwarfed everyone else in the league. Papa Johns is hardly an achievement...nobody cares about it until the semi final and then it's just a one off game.

As I said, he's about level par. If he takes you up this season or next then that's great and he can be classed to have done a very good job. If you don't however, I can see him going into real twat mode and the fans turning. Seen it happen loads.

masi51

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton
I'll grant you, getting Barrow up was an achievement, but getting Bolton out of league 2 was something my dead nan could have done....your budget must have dwarfed everyone else in the league. Papa Johns is hardly an achievement...nobody cares about it until the semi final and then it's just a one off game.

As I said, he's about level par. If he takes you up this season or next then that's great and he can be classed to have done a very good job. If you don't however, I can see him going into real twat mode and the fans turning. Seen it happen loads.
So summing it up he did well getting Barrow up...........Everything else is pretty expected
You was in the same league when we went up from lge 2...........Just out of Administration complete re build under a strict embargo..........Christmas that season we was 16/17th in the league.
Papa johns is the ONLY cup any team in lge1/2 can win.
Play-offs again means we are improving year on year......Yes he can get into that mode it is what makes him a winner

I think other clubs will come in for him and we may lose him that way rather than sack him

masi51

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton
Got it in one Poirot
In the time Evatt been with us 30 months..........You have had 4 managers
Hence why he has got a better CV than any manager you have had since the war.....[ civil]

At least put some fucking bait on your fishing rod !!!

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
In the time Evatt been with us 30 months..........You have had 4 managers
Hence why he has got a better CV than any manager you have had since the war.....[ civil]

At least put some fucking bait on your fishing rod !!!
Not fit enough to lace John Rudges boots for a few years yet, let alone Michael Adams.

kieran_vale

Reaction score
Supports
Vale / New England Patriots
Sorry but his CV is already better than Rudges......Stats dont lie

Thats right up there with your £10m players. Let me know when Evatt has Bolton competing regularly in the Championship like Rudgey did. Quite frankly and not to decry his record as it’s good but in terms of promotions won Evatt barely stacks up against Darrell Clarke.

leedsvaliant

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
Sorry but his CV is already better than Rudges......Stats dont lie
Are you pissed? Rudge got a small team with a used car salesman as chairman on to the brink of the playoffs for the Premier League, regularly beating Wolves, Man City and West Brom.

I could have got Bolton promoted from League 2 with their resources. The guy has done nothing in relative terms and isn't half the man that Rudge is. Rudge showed humility and respect to teams...in fact Evatt could learn a thing or two about being a decent human being.

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
Are you pissed? Rudge got a small team with a used car salesman as chairman on to the brink of the playoffs for the Premier League, regularly beating Wolves, Man City and West Brom.

I could have got Bolton promoted from League 2 with their resources. The guy has done nothing in relative terms and isn't half the man that Rudge is. Rudge showed humility and respect to teams...in fact Evatt could learn a thing or two about being a decent human being.
Going to say, Rudge had us with a small budget a solid second tier side, multiple giant killings and the EFL trophy (and a European final ;)). His autobiography is out soon. Can’t see Evatt getting a statue cast any time soon. JR was on a different planet what he achieved with limited tools to have us sniffing around the play offs for the Premier League and signing gems like Steve Guppy, Ainsworth, Foyle and Naylor (selling many for a huge profit). He’s to us what Clough is to Forest or Fergie to United. 16 glorious years that we wish we could get back to.

Micky Adams managed in the Premier League, won multiple promotions including taking us up despite having no kit and 5 players signed on the weekend before the season after the buy out fell through.

DC. 5 promotions in 10 seasons, 2 of which are out of League Two with smaller clubs than Bolton.

Brian Horton - managed in the Premier League, won promotion won the EFL trophy with us.

But yeah none of our managers have the record of the conference, pizza cup and getting promoted from the lowly 4th tier with a former Premier League side.

Dan Phillips

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
Evatt better than Rudge?

HAHAHAHAHAHA! Fuck me.

masi51

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton
Seem i have opened the hornets nest but the fact is he has a better cv in 5 years as a manager than Rudge
Yes i get that he took you to the edge of lge1/premier league. And ran the club on a budget........Yes he may well be a humble and nice man, i can get all that. Yes Evatt is a Bastard and gets a decent budget for the league he is in now but others get more and he had nothing at Barrow or the first season with us.

To all the others who went on about pretty run of the mill managers that you have had in the past.....Dont go there.

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
Seem i have opened the hornets nest but the fact is he has a better cv in 5 years as a manager than Rudge
Yes i get that he took you to the edge of lge1/premier league. And ran the club on a budget........Yes he may well be a humble and nice man, i can get all that. Yes Evatt is a Bastard and gets a decent budget for the league he is in now but others get more and he had nothing at Barrow or the first season with us.

To all the others who went on about pretty run of the mill managers that you have had in the past.....Dont go there.
How can he have a better CV than JR with one non league promotion a pizza cup and one league two promotion on a bigger budget than everyone else? Behave!

He got us out this league alone twice, and made the play off final, Evatt hasn’t even managed that once!

masi51

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton
How can he have a better CV than JR with one non league promotion a pizza cup and one league two promotion on a bigger budget than everyone else? Behave!

He got us out this league alone twice, and made the play off final, Evatt hasn’t even managed that once!
To get out of the same league twice you need to be relegated.......Evatt never finished lower than 9th

Even your wiki page is fiddled....................Says you got promoted in second place in 92/93
Maybe that is why you all think he is better than what you think

For you lot who need educating League 3 92/93
Ist Stoke
2nd Bolton
3rd and play off winners Port Vale

Last edited:

Super_horns

Reaction score
Supports
WATFORD
Sorry to tell you your judgements cloudy........He got you out of this league once

Even your wiki page is fiddled....................Says you got promoted in second place in 92/93

Ist Stoke
2nd Bolton
Port Vale lost to WBA in the 1993 play off final.

Sorry for the reminder guys!

This page says Port Vale got 2nd the next season behind Reading .

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
Sorry to tell you your judgements cloudy........He got you out of this league once

Ist Stoke
2nd Bolton
er 1989?

1994 we finished second.

masi51

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton
er 1989?

1994 we finished second.
not got a clue about your wins/promotions looking through wikki

Cracking manager for you but i think Evatt is just a little special

Its about opinions nothing more

leedsvaliant

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
not got a clue about your wins/promotions looking through wikki

Cracking manager for you but i think Evatt is just a little special

Its about opinions nothing more
It is all about opinions but let's just agree that Evatt has been nowhere near Rudge yet. Rudge got us promoted twice to the Championship, beat the FA Cup holders, beat Spurs, took one of the great Arsenal teams to penalties, won the Autoglass trophy when it was a meaningful competition...all on a budget that's probably a tenth of Evatt's. It really doesn't take a wonder coach to have Bolton in the playoffs in this league. In fact, you should be pushing for the autos.

Again, I could have got Bolton promoted from league 2 and also he hasn't had the opportunity to be relegated yet. Bolton as they lie today are unlikely to be relegated from league 1...let's see how he gets on in the championship if you get there.

I admire your defence of your club Masi but on this you're talking bollocks.

masi51

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton
It is all about opinions but let's just agree that Evatt has been nowhere near Rudge yet. Rudge got us promoted twice to the Championship, beat the FA Cup holders, beat Spurs, took one of the great Arsenal teams to penalties, won the Autoglass trophy when it was a meaningful competition...all on a budget that's probably a tenth of Evatt's. It really doesn't take a wonder coach to have Bolton in the playoffs in this league. In fact, you should be pushing for the autos.

Again, I could have got Bolton promoted from league 2 and also he hasn't had the opportunity to be relegated yet. Bolton as they lie today are unlikely to be relegated from league 1...let's see how he gets on in the championship if you get there.

I admire your defence of your club Masi but on this you're talking bollocks.
Not going to agree about Evatt and Rudge....One had a decentish career one is a Winner
Going back to when Rudge was this all conquering Manager in the late 80s early 90s....We was also in the league with you....Again with a shite stadium and not a pot to piss in

Yet we also won the Freight trophy when it was a meaningful trophy....Beat the Fa cup winners Liverpool at Anfield Everton at goodison and Hammered that great Arsenal team at Highbury 3-1 even having a good kelly free kick disallowed that should have made it 4-1
Got to Wembley in a major final and won the old division one title.

Ohh did i forget to mention pipping vale to promotion in 92/93.......So let us expand this debate and say Rudge could not lace Riochs boots
History says i dont actually talk Bollocks!!

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
Not going to agree about Evatt and Rudge....One had a decentish career one is a Winner
Going back to when Rudge was this all conquering Manager in the late 80s early 90s....We was also in the league with you....Again with a shite stadium and not a pot to piss in

Yet we also won the Freight trophy when it was a meaningful trophy....Beat the Fa cup winners Liverpool at Anfield Everton at goodison and Hammered that great Arsenal team at Highbury 3-1 even having a good kelly free kick disallowed that should have made it 4-1
Got to Wembley in a major final and won the old division one title.

Ohh did i forget to mention pipping vale to promotion in 92/93.......So let us expand this debate and say Rudge could not lace Riochs boots
History says i dont actually talk Bollocks!!
Evatt isn’t fit to lace Rudge’s boots… not to say he won’t be but needs another decade of success far higher than league one to be comparable.

Plus let’s not forget Evatt failed last year with the best squad in the league!

masi51

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton
Evatt isn’t fit to lace Rudge’s boots… not to say he won’t be but needs another decade of success far higher than league one to be comparable.

Plus let’s not forget Evatt failed last year with the best squad in the league!
Evatt did not fail last season.....We cam up in 3rd place the season before....We then finished higher than the champions Cheltenham, Runners up Cambridge and play off winners Morecambe.....A feat sadly, Vale could not match this season....Only finishing above the basket case fgr out of the promoted teams......Despite there being no decent teams in league 1
PS kicked on past those clubs by matching it again this season

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
Evatt did not fail last season.....We cam up in 3rd place the season before....We then finished higher than the champions Cheltenham, Runners up Cambridge and play off winners Morecambe.....A feat sadly, Vale could not match this season....Only finishing above the basket case fgr out of the promoted teams......Despite there being no decent teams in league 1
PS kicked on past those clubs by matching it again this season
But if Evatt by his own claim had the best squad in league one failure to go close last season was a failure…

We have a fraction of the budget of Bolton.

masi51

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton
But if Evatt by his own claim had the best squad in league one failure to go close last season was a failure…

We have a fraction of the budget of Bolton.
personal failure perhaps....he sets a high bar, but not in my eyes. We are improving year on year
Its only this past 12 months that we have paid fees for players...Not overspending so i guess it is not a fraction

The players we can make money on have come from reserve team or non league football..ie Dapo Santos, Toal Johnston and Morley.
Picked those 5 up for about 250k

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
personal failure perhaps....he sets a high bar, but not in my eyes. We are improving year on year
Its only this past 12 months that we have paid fees for players...Not overspending so i guess it is not a fraction

The players we can make money on have come from reserve team or non league football..ie Dapo Santos, Toal Johnston and Morley.
Picked those 5 up for about 250k
Give you £50 for Santos!

masi51

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton
Give you £50 for Santos!
Do you want any change......Back today since he picked up a trophy at Wembley and was named in the EFL Team of the season for the 3 year running.......Been like shelling peas with the vale vans this morning.....quite entertaining

Off to the club now to watch the match

Have a good one against hopefully the Champions later

Luke Imp

Reaction score
Supports
Lincoln City
Cotterill sounded like he's leaving Shrewsbury to me, he didn't seem too chuffed about the restructure going on above him and knew nothing about 5the approach for Cheltenham's DoF until he read it in the paper.

Just sounded very pissed off with everything.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
feby2112

Latest posts

Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!