Reaction score
Supports
Bernie
That's seriously horrible to hear.

pinknblue

Reaction score
Supports
Dulwich Hamlet
So sorry to hear about Junior Dian. My condolences to family, friends and and supporters.

pinknblue

Reaction score
Supports
Dulwich Hamlet
Dulwich 2 - Peterborough United 3

An excellent game of footy at the Hamlet last night against the Posh first team. In the first half we looked the better side and played some lovely football despite missing several players who will probably be regular starters. Second half, the younger players were on and we were almost completely overrun, but Phil Wilson had a great game in goal and kept the score down. Lots of new players/trialists/youth players on show and plenty of food for thought. Josh Hernandez, one of our youth players looked areal handful up front in the second half, solid performances by Jacob Erskine and Danny Waldren in the first half. Also, a number of ex league players and a half from Damian Scannell. It'll be interesting to see who Gavin keeps.

pinknblue

Reaction score
Supports
Dulwich Hamlet
So... these are our confirmed new signings and outgoings:

Danny Waldren (Bromley) - looks an excellent player and will add a bit of grit to our midfield.
Steve Sutherland (Met. Police) -Didn't play last night but an excellent addition in my view.
Jacob Erskine (Maidenhead) - had a good run-out last night and looks very useful.
Mitchell Nelson (Margate) - Looked very solid 1st half last night
Charlie Penny (Welling) - Didn't play last night, so I can't comment

Out:
Xavier Vidal (Welling) - he'll be hard to replace. I'll miss his 30 yard screamers!
Terrell Forbes (Hemel Hempstead) - A good player, but we now have 3 very good centre backs.
Luke Wanadio (Staines) - Brilliant on his day especially when he first arrived at Dulwich, but somewhat inconsistent
Kershaney Samuels (Merstham) - A useful holding midfielder, but Danny Waldren looks much better!!
Michael Abnett (Merstham) - A very useful attacking right back

I really hope we hang on to Harry Ottaway. I'd love to see him have a full injury free season. Looks as if Frazer Shaw might sign for Leyton Orient. He's a classy left-back and will be sorely missed if he goes.

The Paranoid Pineapple

Reaction score
Supports
mighty, mighty Ks
Fixtures are out. And utterly ridiculous they are too. Playing a load of teams twice in each half of the season, sometime just a couple of weeks later (eg Hendon (H) on 28th September and (A) on 12th October)! What a tinpot league.

I note that we've got Dulwich at home on August bank holiday and away on Boxing day which isn't bad.

Aberstone

Reaction score
Supports
Wealdstone
Fixtures are out. And utterly ridiculous they are too. Playing a load of teams twice in each half of the season, sometime just a couple of weeks later (eg Hendon (H) on 28th September and (A) on 12th October)! What a tinpot league.

I note that we've got Dulwich at home on August bank holiday and away on Boxing day which isn't bad.

You do realise the Conference (sorry National League) is even worse for this right PP? We were scheduled to play Hemel twice in 6 days over January last year...

Paddy

Reaction score
Supports
Kingstonian
Fuck me it's mid July & the fixtures are out already... well done Isthmian League this is a new record of promptness.

Starting the season on 8th August away at some team a million miles away, as per usual. Nice to have the Hamlet at home on a bank holiday... hopefully the hipster movement comes in full force to boost our finances a little bit. We're also at home on non league day on 10th October against Bill & Ricay.

Tidy end to the season for us as well... We should already be crowned champions by the time we get to the run of Hampton (h), basket case (a), Lewes (h), Relegation fodder (a), Staines (h) & other relegation fodder (a).

Paddy

Reaction score
Supports
Kingstonian
Forgot to add...

Wed 28 Oct - A vs. Leatherhead
Sat 31 Oct - A vs. Leatherhead (FA Trophy)

Fetcham Grove double header! Love it!

The Paranoid Pineapple

Reaction score
Supports
mighty, mighty Ks
You do realise the Conference (sorry National League) is even worse for this right PP? We were scheduled to play Hemel twice in 6 days over January last year...

That's pretty ridic, though I suppose Jan is at least mid-season. Even at non league level I wouldn't have thought it was beyond the capabilities of the powers that be to cobble together a half decent fixture list.

In other news I see we've now got a proper Ks fan on the council. The co-owner of Banquet Records (independent record shop in town and long-time Ks sponsor), Jon Tolley, has been elected as a Lib Dem Councillor in a by-election for Grove ward.

Paddy

Reaction score
Supports
Kingstonian
In other news I see we've now got a proper Ks fan on the council. The co-owner of Banquet Records (independent record shop in town and long-time Ks sponsor), Jon Tolley, has been elected as a Lib Dem Councillor in a by-election for Grove ward.

So chuffed for Jon. He does a hell of a lot for the town in terms of putting on good gigs, I've seen Reel Big Fish play twice in Kingston because of him & Banquet Records. Not to mention Banquet are also long time sponsors of K's too.

Hopefully he can have a say in stopping the town centre becoming a characterless consumer driven heap of shite.

The Paranoid Pineapple

Reaction score
Supports
mighty, mighty Ks
Yep, absolutely echo that sentiment. Really pleased that there still just about seems be a place for businesses like Banquet, as it's the sort of venture that Kingston town centre's largely lost. Was a landslide victory as well - he received well over half the vote in a five way contest, which is fantastic.

pinknblue

Reaction score
Supports
Dulwich Hamlet
Fuck me it's mid July & the fixtures are out already... well done Isthmian League this is a new record of promptness.

Starting the season on 8th August away at some team a million miles away, as per usual. Nice to have the Hamlet at home on a bank holiday... hopefully the hipster movement comes in full force to boost our finances a little bit. We're also at home on non league day on 10th October against Bill & Ricay.

I agree Paddy! Nice to play a derby match on Boxing Day for a change! We've also got Tonbrige on 2nd jan and Easter Monday, so quite good bank Holiday fixtures for us.

pinknblue

Reaction score
Supports
Dulwich Hamlet
Dulwich 2 - Charlton X1 3
Another good performance by Dulwich against a Charlton side which included nearly half it's first team. This followed an excellent 2-1 victory against the Dagenham and Redbridge first team. I have to say we look very good all over the pitch at the moment and I can't wait for the season to start in earnest. A couple of cracking free kicks from Ashley Carew in pre-season for anyone who fancies checking them out on football exclusives.

pinknblue

Reaction score
Supports
Dulwich Hamlet
Forgot to add...

Wed 28 Oct - A vs. Leatherhead
Sat 31 Oct - A vs. Leatherhead (FA Trophy)

Fetcham Grove double header! Love it!

Make sure you don't lean too hard on any walls at Leatherhead .')

Paddy

Reaction score
Supports
Kingstonian
Make sure you don't lean too hard on any walls at Leatherhead .')

I'm sure the Fetcham Grove walls can accommodate the 10 K's fans in attendance :)

Drew 0:0 with Hastings in Saturday, so that's 3 PSF's down... scored none, conceded 1.

Whyteleafe 0:0 K's
K's 0:1 Chelsea XI
Hastings United 0:0 K's

Riverside64

Reaction score
Supports
Hornchurch
Twitter
@Madaboutflags
Third friendly completed, all against same/lower level opposition.

Ilford: W4-0
Barking: W2-1
Ramsgate: W2-1

Good to see Purcell (3 goals) and Knight (1) on the scoresheet.

5 to go .. Billericay (H), Canvey (A), Luton XI (H), Whitstable (A), West Ham XI (H)

Reaction score
Supports
Maidstone United
Hastings have signed Zac Attwood. Massive signing for them, was impressive in notching 20+ in the premier with us before (understandably) chasing the money to sign for Margate. Surprised he has dropped a level to be honest.

Raymondo316

Reaction score
Supports
Maidstone United
Hastings have signed Zac Attwood. Massive signing for them, was impressive in notching 20+ in the premier with us before (understandably) chasing the money to sign for Margate. Surprised he has dropped a level to be honest.
If he's motivated & gets the service hes a shoo-in for 25-30 goals

It didnt work out for him at Margate, but hes far to good for Ryman South.....Heck i would of been happy if we re-signed him

Paddy

Reaction score
Supports
Kingstonian
The Alan Turvey Trophy. Seriously? Is that what we are calling the League Cup that no one really cares about anyway? Ok. Whatever...

We've been drawn away at Enfield in the 90 minutes then straight to penalties bullshitathon 1st Round.

Paddy

Reaction score
Supports
Kingstonian
I think we're facing Harrow? :conf: Not that anyone should really care one way or the other!

You are correct, I meant to type Harrow... not sure why I said Enfield.

You are also correct that no one really cares. Changing the name of the competition to the 'Alan Turvey Memorial Pot Coz He Was Such A Good Guy' only serves the old phrase that you can't polish a turd.

Paddy

Reaction score
Supports
Kingstonian
Pre season update...

Whyteleafe 0:0 K's
K's 0:1 Chelsea XI
Hastings United 0:0 K's
K's 2:1 Millwall XI
K's 1:1 AFC Wimbledon (Rob Tolfrey testimonial)

Only got Redhill left to play today & our local amateur buddies Corinthian-Casuals on Monday then it's down to the real deal next weekend when we take on Leiston in our opening Isthmian Premier game

Reaction score
Supports
The 'ornchurch
Right - Arsenal-Chelsea on TV so I guess football can be discussed again (especially as I had top notch tickets WITH PRIVATE BAR for the 4th day at Edgbaston and am therefore FINISHED with all that willow-on-leather nonsense... at least until the next Test ;)

Anyways, Barkingside away for us in the TWATT (The Wonderful Alan Turvey Trophy). This would normally be a journey into the abyss, but now we're (back) in the same bloody division I guess we just have to get on with it. And then win it.

Meanwhile we seem to be doing OK pre-season and playing some more attractive football (cue guffaws of "it couldnt get much worse" from you supercilious footballing academies), so maybe a good season beckons. We are 5/2 favourites which is frankly ridiculous when we have no cash compared with rumours of various money-laundering escapades elsewhere - not that we are in a position to criticise on that front.

Finally - I quite like that 1FF challenge thread which the Conference boys are running and it could be good to repeat in the Isthmian - albeit there's only about 6 posters left and half o us are in Div 1 North! (and Tilbury makes 3). Have a read of the thread if you haven't.

So I'm offering the following:
AFCH to finish 10 points or more ahead of Tilbury (£5)
AFCH to get further OR EQUAL where your Ryman Prem team finishes in the Alan Turvey (Equal as we are div 1N minnows but I'll negotiate if you are crap). (£5)
Up the Urchins and here's to an enjoyable season for all 1FFers

pinknblue

Reaction score
Supports
Dulwich Hamlet
Right - Arsenal-Chelsea on TV so I guess football can be discussed again (especially as I had top notch tickets WITH PRIVATE BAR for the 4th day at Edgbaston and am therefore FINISHED with all that willow-on-leather nonsense... at least until the next Test ;)

Anyways, Barkingside away for us in the TWATT (The Wonderful Alan Turvey Trophy). This would normally be a journey into the abyss, but now we're (back) in the same bloody division I guess we just have to get on with it. And then win it.

Meanwhile we seem to be doing OK pre-season and playing some more attractive football (cue guffaws of "it couldnt get much worse" from you supercilious footballing academies), so maybe a good season beckons. We are 5/2 favourites which is frankly ridiculous when we have no cash compared with rumours of various money-laundering escapades elsewhere - not that we are in a position to criticise on that front.

Finally - I quite like that 1FF challenge thread which the Conference boys are running and it could be good to repeat in the Isthmian - albeit there's only about 6 posters left and half o us are in Div 1 North! (and Tilbury makes 3). Have a read of the thread if you haven't.

AFCH to get further OR EQUAL where your Ryman Prem team finishes in the Alan Turvey (Equal as we are div 1N minnows but I'll negotiate if you are crap). (£5)

I'd expect you to be firm favourites for D1N with Purcell and Knight up front. I'm not sure that playing in front of less than 100 fans nearly every game will be much fun though! I've never understood why the crowds are so much smaller in D1N than in D1S. Goopd luck for the season ahead!

pinknblue

Reaction score
Supports
Dulwich Hamlet
Premier Division odds make Dulwich, Hendon and Staines favourites at 6/1. I'm not sure Hendon will over perform again this season and I don't really fancy them. Grays at 16/1 and Enfield at 20/1 look a decent each way bet and you can never rule out Kingstonian (16/1) either. Bognor ant 40/1 and Tonbridge 33/1 could be the dark horses?

I think this could be our year! Looking very strong all over the pitch and much stronger physically up front this year. It's important we start the season well while the pitches are in good nick as we always have a sticky patch when the pitches have sticky patches!

Cardsfan

Reaction score
Supports
Woking

Feel free to post them in the other thread if you want, it was intended for all non-league bets :) I can then help keep track of who's bet who etc.

Aberstone

Reaction score
Supports
Wealdstone
Hornchurch's front line on paper should tear that division apart, but David Knight was a bit of an unknown before his goalscoring antics at W&F last year. Possible one season wonder?

I agree pinknblue, Hendon will overachieve whilst Staines will underachieve (on a decent budget). For once I've not put a bet on this year having been right the past two seasons but I think one of three South London sides will win it (Dulwich, Hampton or K's). The latter would be more surprising than the first two.

Rocky 11

Reaction score
Supports
East Thurrock United
So Farnborough are in such a mess they have called off their opening two league games. (Not that you'd know it from checking the wonderful official Ryman League website).

Might also have been a nice gesture if the club had offered apologies in the statement on their own club website to the two clubs they should have been playing, but no.

Thrown two clubs plans into chaos due to their own innefficiancy but apologise, not them.

Raymondo316

Reaction score
Supports
Maidstone United
So Farnborough are in such a mess they have called off their opening two league games. (Not that you'd know it from checking the wonderful official Ryman League website).

Might also have been a nice gesture if the club had offered apologies in the statement on their own club website to the two clubs they should have been playing, but no.

Thrown two clubs plans into chaos due to their own innefficiancy but apologise, not them.
The whole Farnborough situation is a complete farce thats been going on for far to long now

Sadly even if they go belly up & start again i doubt they will learn.......give it 6-7 years & i bet we see another Farnborough team in the exact same mess :ffs:

JaredSUFC

Reaction score
Supports
Sutton United FC
Twitter
@suttonjared

That's what they did 2 years ago. Mess of a club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
feby2112

Latest posts

Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!