League 1 General Chat Thread

FGR Stroud

Reaction score
Supports
Forest Green Rovers FC
We might not piss the league, but we will sort your piss when you visit: https://stroudtimes.com/visiting-forest-green-rovers-urine-for-a-treat/ :D
The world’s first vegan football team Forest Green Rovers is used to getting a regular beefing from visiting fans.

In fact, the ‘dirty vegans’ insult hurled from the away stand has become a badge of honour for the team – after coming top of League Two and bagging trophy gold, FGR is warning all League One fans planning a visit to Nailsworth that they’d better like hummus.

Since Dale Vince took the team under his wing in 2010, he’s pioneered FGR as the first to play on an organic pitch inside a stadium sustained by green energy.

But Vince’s latest innovation might leave away fans feeling perhaps a little teased when they turn up at the team’s Nailsworth, Glos, venue this coming season…

Every time visitors spend a penny, their efforts will be turned into clean water and fertiliser!

The drain brainwave is provided in a new partnership between FGR and Nijhuis Saur Industries ahead of the 2022/23 season – using tech trialled in space.

“Their space mission-inspired closed loop technology will convert fans’ urine into clean water and a concentrated fertiliser product, both of which can be used to keep the pitch in top condition,” a team spokesman told Stroud Times.

“The award-winning modular units will treat wastewater from the urinals through on-site physical treatment. The modules also have the potential for further treatment options of wastewater from the toilets and handwashing facilities to produce compost and flush water.”

Among fans of the team, the move is going down a treat. Follower Adrian Cutler said the idea was a “new twist on extracting the urine”.

Says Henry Staelens, CEO, FGR: “The Away Fan Zone is a major focus for us over the summer as we head towards League One, where we will see a sizeable increase of fans at The New Lawn – we’re very pleased to have Nijhuis on board as part of that”.

The concept behind the system is space-based technology, where three separate wastewater streams – grey, yellow and black from handwashing, urinals and toilets respectively – are converted into flush water, irrigation water, fertiliser, and compost.

This process can also be configured for biogas and electricity. The result is a system that closes the loop between water treatment and water supply, to provide three of the basic necessities for life: water, food, and good sanitation.

PuB

Reaction score
Supports
Gillingham
The world’s first vegan football team Forest Green Rovers is used to getting a regular beefing from visiting fans.

In fact, the ‘dirty vegans’ insult hurled from the away stand has become a badge of honour for the team – after coming top of League Two and bagging trophy gold, FGR is warning all League One fans planning a visit to Nailsworth that they’d better like hummus.

Since Dale Vince took the team under his wing in 2010, he’s pioneered FGR as the first to play on an organic pitch inside a stadium sustained by green energy.

But Vince’s latest innovation might leave away fans feeling perhaps a little teased when they turn up at the team’s Nailsworth, Glos, venue this coming season…

Every time visitors spend a penny, their efforts will be turned into clean water and fertiliser!

The drain brainwave is provided in a new partnership between FGR and Nijhuis Saur Industries ahead of the 2022/23 season – using tech trialled in space.

“Their space mission-inspired closed loop technology will convert fans’ urine into clean water and a concentrated fertiliser product, both of which can be used to keep the pitch in top condition,” a team spokesman told Stroud Times.

“The award-winning modular units will treat wastewater from the urinals through on-site physical treatment. The modules also have the potential for further treatment options of wastewater from the toilets and handwashing facilities to produce compost and flush water.”

Among fans of the team, the move is going down a treat. Follower Adrian Cutler said the idea was a “new twist on extracting the urine”.

Says Henry Staelens, CEO, FGR: “The Away Fan Zone is a major focus for us over the summer as we head towards League One, where we will see a sizeable increase of fans at The New Lawn – we’re very pleased to have Nijhuis on board as part of that”.

The concept behind the system is space-based technology, where three separate wastewater streams – grey, yellow and black from handwashing, urinals and toilets respectively – are converted into flush water, irrigation water, fertiliser, and compost.

This process can also be configured for biogas and electricity. The result is a system that closes the loop between water treatment and water supply, to provide three of the basic necessities for life: water, food, and good sanitation.
Takes the piss.

Edit: hadn’t seen the same joke posted above, oh well.

BarrieOwl

Reaction score
Supports
Sheffield Wednesday
Fucking weird club

Chris FGR

Reaction score
Supports
Forest Green
Yeah I mean don’t see a problem with it. Seems pretty economical if it works and definitely could be a useful system in countries that don’t get a lot of rain for a start.

FGR Stroud

Reaction score
Supports
Forest Green Rovers FC
Yeah I mean don’t see a problem with it. Seems pretty economical if it works and definitely could be a useful system in countries that don’t get a lot of rain for a start. Especially as announced on radio this morning that the British Isles will probably have a drought later in year.

FGR Stroud

Reaction score
Supports
Forest Green Rovers FC
Interesting times ahead for both Gloucestershire teams with both teams under new management at season start. Michael Duff’s [Cheltenham] regular moan during season was that the club had little money. However they are financially well run with no debts and a bigger average crowd than FGR.

In fact Cheltenham have for decades been the top team in County and it is only in last decade that FGR have challenged them for that position. And in fairness to Cheltenham they have won two Conference titles, one League 2 title and FA Trophy Cup. And this is the third period that Cheltenham have played in EFL1.

Whereas FGR have always played catch up with just one League 2 title and have never previously competed in EFL1.
BUT FGR did win EFL2 with more points than Cheltenham achieved in their Covid adjusted points title winning season. :woo:

The bookies have both teams amongst those doomed for relegation. Should that happen then only local pride will be at risk which will add hangman’s humour to next season's banter between the two sets of supporters.

FGR have a slight advantage in that their new manager, Ian Burchnall will have a couple of weeks extra to sign new players. However FGR’s title winning team has all but moved from club. That could be to Burchnall’s advantage in that he can create a new team in his own image but there again ......

Cheltenham don’t appear to have had that many changes and those remaining are experienced EFL1 players.
Last season Cheltenham achieved their highest ever position in football league [15th] and the club are apparently pleased with that achievement whereas Chairman Dale Vince expects FGR to be playing in Championship within a few years.

I hope and expect FGR to finish 2022-23 season above Cheltenham Town.

Si Robin

Reaction score
Supports
Cheltenham Town
Interesting times ahead for both Gloucestershire teams with both teams under new management at season start. Michael Duff’s [Cheltenham] regular moan during season was that the club had little money. However they are financially well run with no debts and a bigger average crowd than FGR.

In fact Cheltenham have for decades been the top team in County and it is only in last decade that FGR have challenged them for that position. And in fairness to Cheltenham they have won two Conference titles, one League 2 title and FA Trophy Cup. And this is the third period that Cheltenham have played in EFL1.

Whereas FGR have always played catch up with just one League 2 title and have never previously competed in EFL1.
BUT FGR did win EFL2 with more points than Cheltenham achieved in their Covid adjusted points title winning season. :woo:

The bookies have both teams amongst those doomed for relegation. Should that happen then only local pride will be at risk which will add hangman’s humour to next season's banter between the two sets of supporters.

FGR have a slight advantage in that their new manager, Ian Burchnall will have a couple of weeks extra to sign new players. However FGR’s title winning team has all but moved from club. That could be to Burchnall’s advantage in that he can create a new team in his own image but there again ......

Cheltenham don’t appear to have had that many changes and those remaining are experienced EFL1 players.
Last season Cheltenham achieved their highest ever position in football league [15th] and the club are apparently pleased with that achievement whereas Chairman Dale Vince expects FGR to be playing in Championship within a few years.

Do you just make shit up to rile me?

Points were not adjusted in the 2020/21 season. It was a full season that happened to be played behind closed doors.

One season above Cheltenham in nearly 30 years does not constitute challenging for the top team in Gloucestershire either.

cookiemonster

Reaction score
Supports
FGR

Hijacking one thread with the Gloucestershire stuff is more than enough surely.

FGR Stroud

Reaction score
Supports
Forest Green Rovers FC
One season above Cheltenham in nearly 30 years does not constitute challenging for the top team in Gloucestershire either.
You'll notice I gave Cheltenham Town full credit as top Gloucestershire team for decades.
But I also said FGR outperformed them last season while winning EFL2 title compared to CTFC's success a year earlier.
That bodes well for the Vegans, who unlike Cheltenham have never been relegated.

Si Robin

Reaction score
Supports
Cheltenham Town
Why does everything you post about Forest Green have to compare to Cheltenham? They are completely different entities. The only similarity is that both have a Gloucestershire postcode.

It's just weird.

BarrieOwl

Reaction score
Supports
Sheffield Wednesday
You'll notice I gave Cheltenham Town full credit as top Gloucestershire team for decades.
But I also said FGR outperformed them last season while winning EFL2 title compared to CTFC's success a year earlier.
That bodes well for the Vegans, who unlike Cheltenham have never been relegated.
Keep posting pal.

I'm saving them all and they'll help cure my insomnia

kieran_vale

Reaction score
Supports
Vale / New England Patriots

Haven’t you just lost a load of your best players? I’ll plead ignorance as don’t know if the same happened to Cheltenham last summer as was just focused on L2 matters at that point but not sure how what happened last season bodes well or otherwise for anything next time.

Si Robin

Reaction score
Supports
Cheltenham Town
We kept most of our team, only big loss was Ben Tozer just before transfer deadline day, but he was replaced with a better defender.

We also made some more changes in January when we realised some of the team weren't quite up to the step up.

Topher

Reaction score
Supports
vale
We also made some more changes in January when we realised some of the team weren't quite up to the step up.
rest assured Hussey wasn't quite up to it at L2 either

Si Robin

Reaction score
Supports
Cheltenham Town
He was ok in the first half of the season, but he seems to have lost what pace he had overnight. There was concern when we let him go, but Ben Williams was a step above in his first game and we knew immediately that it made sense.

kieran_vale

Reaction score
Supports
He was ok in the first half of the season, but he seems to have lost what pace he had overnight. There was concern when we let him go, but Ben Williams was a step above in his first game and we knew immediately that it made sense.

Yeah his lack of pace was very noticeable. Still got great set piece delivery and his defending apart from one game was ok but the difference in us in open play when Benning was on the pitch rather than him was very stark. Wouldn’t surprise me if we let him move on to be honest.

FGR Stroud

Reaction score
Supports
Forest Green Rovers FC
Why does everything you post about Forest Green have to compare to Cheltenham? They are completely different entities. The only similarity is that both have a Gloucestershire postcode.

It's just weird.
Wait until ElGlosico and I will unload a lot more than I've already done.
That will be fun, believe me. :wave:

Agombar stool

Reaction score
Supports
Swindon Town
The season hasn't officially ticked over yet and I already miss how quiet it was here last season
of the teams that went up from league 2 most of them have decent representation on here and are pretty sound. There are a couple of well known members that come across as 'members', certainly one of the FGR fans seems to have applied to join that elusive club going on recent posts, most of the FGR crowd are amiable in general though and i got on well with the Vale folk although they must be bored attempting to have a willy waving competition with Wycombe Wanderers!

Si Robin

Reaction score
Supports
Cheltenham Town
Bang on - Stroud seems to be channeling his inner Masi for some reason. Desperate to make up something that isn't there.

I haven't used the block user function yet (Masi pushed me close in League 2, but he's reined it in now) but I'm genuinely considering it for Stroud at the moment.

FGR Stroud

Reaction score
Supports
Forest Green Rovers FC
of the teams that went up from league 2 most of them have decent representation on here and are pretty sound. There are a couple of well known members that come across as 'members', certainly one of the FGR fans seems to have applied to join that elusive club going on recent posts, most of the FGR crowd are amiable in general though and i got on well with the Vale folk although they must be bored attempting to have a willy waving competition with Wycombe Wanderers!
I agree I have a bee in my bonnet concerning Cheltenham Town FC.
A few of their masked fans [they were all wearing balaclavas] ambushed a group of young teenage FGR supporters and bashed them up.
It was an unprovoked attack and the victims are my friends. All they were doing was walking towards ground to watch an ElGlosico match at Whaddon Road.
But they had the last laugh because FGR won game.

YEO YEO YEO

Reaction score
Supports
Lincoln City
I agree I have a bee in my bonnet concerning Cheltenham Town FC.
A few of their masked fans [they were all wearing balaclavas] ambushed a group of young teenage FGR supporters and bashed them up.
It was an unprovoked attack and the victims are my friends. All they were doing was walking towards ground to watch an ElGlosico match at Whaddon Road.
But they had the last laugh because FGR won game.
I, of course, am not condoning violence, but masked Cheltenham fans hahahaha!

kieran_vale

Reaction score
Supports
This sounds increasingly like the Rome derby or River-Boca the more you hear about it from Stroud. Be having to move it to an early midweek kickoff at this rate if that’s the behaviour you get from Cheltenham’s ultras.

Chris FGR

Reaction score
Supports
Forest Green
This sounds increasingly like the Rome derby or River-Boca the more you hear about it from Stroud. Be having to move it to an early midweek kickoff at this rate if that’s the behaviour you get from Cheltenham’s ultras.

It’s honestly nothing, just a few kids embarrassing themselves. These articles are hilarious though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ROB WALKER

Latest posts

Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!