League 2 General Chat Thread

Indian Dan

‘Absolute calamity!’
Reaction score
Supports
Swindon
What’s in it for them, though? Bradford I could understand but Crawley - no offence - where on earth do they think they can go with that.

Alain

Reaction score
Supports
Crawley
The main reason is - can they take a club from the lower division up through the leagues - as they have said the higher they go the harder it gets and the costs will be so much greater, the stadium will need redevelopment for a larger capacity or possibly move to somewhere else in Crawley - they have already stated that the name of the club won’t change or would move outside the limits of the town - which were worries of the supporters at the first fans forum. They are talking about a 10/15 year project - but who knows it’s all a pipe dream at the moment for us supporters - let’s see how this season ends up - we are fully aware of all those sceptics who think it will go belly up - but we are going along for the ride - may be bumpy at times but what the hell, let’s enjoy the moment.

Indian Dan

‘Absolute calamity!’
Reaction score
Supports
Swindon
With all respect, I’d imagine there’s a ceiling for how many fans would support Crawley - no matter what league they are in. Who owns the ground?

Casey

Reaction score
Supports
Creepy
The ground is owned by the local council. We had a 99 year lease (?) On our old Town Mead ground so when the council wanted to redevelop the area (it's a cinema/restaurant complex now) they provided The Broadfield Stadium.

We have improved it (honest) since with the Gazebo down the East side but it's obviously not fit for a much higher level.

I think the council owning it saved us during the Majid era.

Casey

Soup Ladle

Reaction score
Supports
Hartlepool
Pools fans in BEEF with each other again

Kit about half delivered to the new club shop. People on pre orders not got theirs but there's stock on site. Some upset about that.

We're still 300 seats down in the away end despite them saying it'd be sorted by the first game

The millhouse still not open with the new seats

Complete mess getting tickets allegedly

CEO comes out on twitter saying he could move on tomorrow to a bigger job and everyone should be grateful

NWC and HOOC groups blame trust members for doing the club down.

Some fans blow smoke up the arse of the club no matter what

Some fans unhappy with the signings we've made.

As I'm not based in the town its hard to know where I stand on this, but this is why I hope we never go pop as I doubt we'd make any success of a phoenix.

All I can say is the club is not professional in terms of comms with fans from an outsider looking in. But seems that Hobin has done more as CEO than previous incumbents. Where do other Poolies stand on this?

Who Needs Mourinho

Reaction score
Supports
Stockport County
Kit about half delivered to the new club shop. People on pre orders not got theirs but there's stock on site. Some upset about that.

We're still 300 seats down in the away end despite them saying it'd be sorted by the first game

CEO comes out on twitter saying he could move on tomorrow to a bigger job and everyone should be grateful

As I'm not based in the town its hard to know where I stand on this, but this is why I hope we never go pop as I doubt we'd make any success of a phoenix.

All I can say is the club is not professional in terms of comms with fans from an outsider looking in. But seems that Hobin has done more as CEO than previous incumbents. Where do other Poolies stand on this?
Remember when I dared to say in your current state Hartlepool was similar job to Halifax in the division above and all your fans on here went loco about it?

Well it turns out I was wrong you’re seemingly a lot more tinpot.

Stocky

Reaction score
Supports
Stockport County.

Remember when I dared to say in your current state Hartlepool was similar job to Halifax in the division above and all your fans on here went loco about it?

Well it turns out I was wrong you’re seemingly a lot more tinpot.
Wow. Shots have been fired here big time in the direction of County Durham. Hartlepool fans ducking for cover.

They are a small club compared to us but tinpot is harsh IMO.

WilsdenBantam

Reaction score
Supports
Bradford City

Do you think the seats will be done for our game on the 20th?

Sestonpoolie

Reaction score
Supports
Hartlepool

Several other clubs have problems with shirt supplies this season ,even the mighty Stockport are having issues apparently.
Hobin has brought a lot of sponsorship money in,but,he needs to keep his big mouth shut,instead of making statements that make him look like a amateur when they don’t happen.
The ticketing is an absolute fiasco.
I went to the open day Saturday & thought I’d be able to get a ticket for tonight,but no,they didn’t go on sale until 12pm today,rank stupidity.
I popped out from work around 3pm to get one & the queue was massive,so decided to give it a miss.
It started pissing down,so they opened certain turnstiles to quicken things up,one lad took 2.5 hours & a soaking to get sorted,the idiot.
It doesn’t seem to matter who our CEO,it’s a fecking farce every season.

RiftHouseLad

Reaction score
Supports
Hartlepool
Several other clubs have problems with shirt supplies this season ,even the mighty Stockport are having issues apparently.
Hobin has brought a lot of sponsorship money in,but,he needs to keep his big mouth shut,instead of making statements that make him look like a amateur when they don’t happen.
I went to the open day Saturday & thought I’d be able to get a ticket for tonight,but no,they didn’t go on sale until 12pm today,rank stupidity.
I popped out from work around 3pm to get one & the queue was massive,so decided to give it a miss.
It started pissing down,so they opened certain turnstiles to quicken things up,one lad took 2.5 hours & a soaking to get sorted,the idiot.
And if you are a casual /drop in supporter you won,t get ticket.
Because nobody told you you have to be registered.

Chief Rocka

Reaction score
Supports
Hartlepool
Do you think the seats will be done for our game on the 20th?

God knows, the communication coming out the club is sporadic at best these days, good luck trying to get a ticket in the home end as well, people who live in the town have to jump through hoops just to get in.

Soup Ladle

Reaction score
Supports
Hartlepool
I wanted a shirt this year but don't think I'll bother with it.

Hobin is very thin skinned and if you promise stuff you should try to deliver and if you can't, be humble rather than lash out at paying customers.

Don't see what's wrong with just rocking up to pay, we have a lot of casual fans and they'll be put off if you piss them about.

Either way the ground is progressing, let's hope they get everything sorted as we'll miss out on loads of revenue.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abol987