League 2 General Chat Thread

Indian Dan

‘Absolute calamity!’
Reaction score
Supports
Swindon
What’s in it for them, though? Bradford I could understand but Crawley - no offence - where on earth do they think they can go with that.

Alain

Reaction score
Supports
Crawley
The main reason is - can they take a club from the lower division up through the leagues - as they have said the higher they go the harder it gets and the costs will be so much greater, the stadium will need redevelopment for a larger capacity or possibly move to somewhere else in Crawley - they have already stated that the name of the club won’t change or would move outside the limits of the town - which were worries of the supporters at the first fans forum. They are talking about a 10/15 year project - but who knows it’s all a pipe dream at the moment for us supporters - let’s see how this season ends up - we are fully aware of all those sceptics who think it will go belly up - but we are going along for the ride - may be bumpy at times but what the hell, let’s enjoy the moment.

Indian Dan

‘Absolute calamity!’
Reaction score
Supports
Swindon
With all respect, I’d imagine there’s a ceiling for how many fans would support Crawley - no matter what league they are in. Who owns the ground?

Casey

Reaction score
Supports
Creepy
The ground is owned by the local council. We had a 99 year lease (?) On our old Town Mead ground so when the council wanted to redevelop the area (it's a cinema/restaurant complex now) they provided The Broadfield Stadium.

We have improved it (honest) since with the Gazebo down the East side but it's obviously not fit for a much higher level.

I think the council owning it saved us during the Majid era.

Casey

Soup Ladle

Reaction score
Supports
Hartlepool
Pools fans in BEEF with each other again

Kit about half delivered to the new club shop. People on pre orders not got theirs but there's stock on site. Some upset about that.

We're still 300 seats down in the away end despite them saying it'd be sorted by the first game

The millhouse still not open with the new seats

Complete mess getting tickets allegedly

CEO comes out on twitter saying he could move on tomorrow to a bigger job and everyone should be grateful

NWC and HOOC groups blame trust members for doing the club down.

Some fans blow smoke up the arse of the club no matter what

Some fans unhappy with the signings we've made.

As I'm not based in the town its hard to know where I stand on this, but this is why I hope we never go pop as I doubt we'd make any success of a phoenix.

All I can say is the club is not professional in terms of comms with fans from an outsider looking in. But seems that Hobin has done more as CEO than previous incumbents. Where do other Poolies stand on this?

Who Needs Mourinho

Reaction score
Supports
Stockport County
Kit about half delivered to the new club shop. People on pre orders not got theirs but there's stock on site. Some upset about that.

We're still 300 seats down in the away end despite them saying it'd be sorted by the first game

CEO comes out on twitter saying he could move on tomorrow to a bigger job and everyone should be grateful

As I'm not based in the town its hard to know where I stand on this, but this is why I hope we never go pop as I doubt we'd make any success of a phoenix.

All I can say is the club is not professional in terms of comms with fans from an outsider looking in. But seems that Hobin has done more as CEO than previous incumbents. Where do other Poolies stand on this?
Remember when I dared to say in your current state Hartlepool was similar job to Halifax in the division above and all your fans on here went loco about it?

Well it turns out I was wrong you’re seemingly a lot more tinpot.

Stocky

Reaction score
Supports
Stockport County.

Remember when I dared to say in your current state Hartlepool was similar job to Halifax in the division above and all your fans on here went loco about it?

Well it turns out I was wrong you’re seemingly a lot more tinpot.
Wow. Shots have been fired here big time in the direction of County Durham. Hartlepool fans ducking for cover.

They are a small club compared to us but tinpot is harsh IMO.

WilsdenBantam

Reaction score
Supports
Bradford City

Do you think the seats will be done for our game on the 20th?

Sestonpoolie

Reaction score
Supports
Hartlepool

Several other clubs have problems with shirt supplies this season ,even the mighty Stockport are having issues apparently.
Hobin has brought a lot of sponsorship money in,but,he needs to keep his big mouth shut,instead of making statements that make him look like a amateur when they don’t happen.
The ticketing is an absolute fiasco.
I went to the open day Saturday & thought I’d be able to get a ticket for tonight,but no,they didn’t go on sale until 12pm today,rank stupidity.
I popped out from work around 3pm to get one & the queue was massive,so decided to give it a miss.
It started pissing down,so they opened certain turnstiles to quicken things up,one lad took 2.5 hours & a soaking to get sorted,the idiot.
It doesn’t seem to matter who our CEO,it’s a fecking farce every season.

RiftHouseLad

Reaction score
Supports
Hartlepool
Several other clubs have problems with shirt supplies this season ,even the mighty Stockport are having issues apparently.
Hobin has brought a lot of sponsorship money in,but,he needs to keep his big mouth shut,instead of making statements that make him look like a amateur when they don’t happen.
I went to the open day Saturday & thought I’d be able to get a ticket for tonight,but no,they didn’t go on sale until 12pm today,rank stupidity.
I popped out from work around 3pm to get one & the queue was massive,so decided to give it a miss.
It started pissing down,so they opened certain turnstiles to quicken things up,one lad took 2.5 hours & a soaking to get sorted,the idiot.
And if you are a casual /drop in supporter you won,t get ticket.
Because nobody told you you have to be registered.

Chief Rocka

Reaction score
Supports
Hartlepool
Do you think the seats will be done for our game on the 20th?

God knows, the communication coming out the club is sporadic at best these days, good luck trying to get a ticket in the home end as well, people who live in the town have to jump through hoops just to get in.

Soup Ladle

Reaction score
Supports
Hartlepool
I wanted a shirt this year but don't think I'll bother with it.

Hobin is very thin skinned and if you promise stuff you should try to deliver and if you can't, be humble rather than lash out at paying customers.

Don't see what's wrong with just rocking up to pay, we have a lot of casual fans and they'll be put off if you piss them about.

Either way the ground is progressing, let's hope they get everything sorted as we'll miss out on loads of revenue.

Cas

Reaction score
Supports
Bradford City
Anything that makes it harder for Notts County to get back into the league is fine by me. Also notice one of their best players is the worst ever left back to play for Bradford City. Qualiteeeeh.

Chief Rocka

Reaction score
Supports
Hartlepool
Wrexham pushing for the title wouldn't be beyond the realms of possibility with their blank cheque outlook to signings but it's just more braindead waffle from social media kids, they'd all do perfectly fine in this league I don't doubt it but the underestimation of the step up is pretty crazy.

The only hard games they have in a season is when they play each other.

shoddycollins

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle United
I reference Stockport's performance so far this season and state that there's no better time than now to raise the drawbridge. Suggesting they are comfortable L2 playoff sides is an insult to all members of the Great 92.

I agree with that. I've heard the opinion that Stockport's main issue is that rather than building a team that could fit the FFP regulations of the EFL they built a team to win the Conference with no need to moderate their spending and then hoped that they could jettison a few of their higher earners when promoted and the remaining players would gel nicely.

Wrexham might have a similar issue if they're also viewing FFP as a bridge to be crossed when they come to it rather than a future restriction to plan for. As for the others, not a chance they're all comfortable playoff sides.

Conker

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield Town FC
Twitter
@CONKS__
FFP is not really worth being concerned about.

The gap is way bigger than many think, we always go through a stage where a lot of naive people let it fool them but it’s nonsense.

Casey

Reaction score
Supports
Creepy
After a promotion every team expects to do well. Nothing wrong with that but there are very few clubs who get promoted two season in a row and they are rightly celebrated.

With the National league I hope for the day when a team can come out of there, get relegated straight back down and it's not used as a stick to beat every other team in the league. Just as if a team gets relegated from the champ or league 1 it doesn't mean every team in the respective division is crap.

Casey

ForzaCounty

Massive Member
Reaction score
Supports
Stockport Culture Club
Presuming our struggles must be down to a gulf in standard is a knee-jerk simplification, that also requires you to ignore Grimsby being comfortably mid-table whilst their star striker is injured.

County are struggling because of poor recruitment & even worse performances by players that are a shadow of themselves from last season, if we were anywhere near as good as we were 7 or 8 months ago we'd easily be much higher up.

We've played half the division now and I've yet to see where this gulf in standard is; No'ton were a hair's breadth from promotion last season, are 2nd now, yet they looked nothing special at all yesterday (if we were capable of playing more than 45 minutes of football, County would have extended the lead and taken all the points home). Stevenage 3rd? That pile of rubbish we'd have beaten away if it weren't for our suicidal last few minutes? Mansfield just behind them, who did nothing aside from that five-minute spell?

If they help make up L2's top seven then I can comfortably agree with the suggestion Wrexham, Cheaterfield and Notts would make it. Either everybody coincidentally saves their worst performances for when I'm watching and you all somehow play like Holland '74 the rest of the time, or you lot with no experience of last season's NL are massively overestimating any difference between the two divisions, based largely on our team that has severely regressed.

hellogregory

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle United
It will be a sad sad day if/when it becomes 3 up 3 down between the EFL and non league.

The hell hole should be a narrow hell hole that feels worse than anything else in football. 3 up 3 down would make it like a standard relegation/promotion.

DearneValleyRover

Reaction score
Supports
Doncaster Rovers, Sporting Leyland
I think the fact you state, none of the teams that you’ve played who are in the top spots are any good, but they all beat you, says it all to me. Obviously they were all playing as well as they can but yourselves were crap for the majority of the game, it’s more likely that you were made to look crap because you are an ordinary side that had huge expectations before the season started

Chief Rocka

Reaction score
Supports
Hartlepool
I think the fact you state, none of the teams that you’ve played who are in the top spots are any good, but they all beat you, says it all to me. Obviously they were all playing as well as they can but yourselves were crap for the majority of the game, it’s more likely that you were made to look crap because you are an ordinary side that had huge expectations before the season started

Nah they just had a suicidal few minutes and the players decided to be crap for some reason after coming up a league, not sure why though?

Some serious copium in that Stockport post.

Soup Ladle

Reaction score
Supports
Hartlepool
That's spot on to be honest, teams are simply stronger and harder to beat. Banging in your fives and sixes at Barnet and King's Lynn is a totally different ball game.

JaredSUFC

Reaction score
Supports
Sutton United FC
Twitter
@suttonjared
It will be a sad sad day if/when it becomes 3 up 3 down between the EFL and non league.

The hell hole should be a narrow hell hole that feels worse than anything else in football. 3 up 3 down would make it like a standard relegation/promotion.
Getting promoted to the Football League is monumental. All 3 of our promotions in the last 12 years have been special, but there was something extra special about getting promoted to the EFL. Maybe it was the arbitrary status symbol but promotion here in 2021 is the club’s greatest achievement.

Increasing it to 3 up/ 3 down lessens that IMO - I also think 2 up/ 2 down was a mistake in hindsight.

It just seems that some of the ex-EFL clubs in the National League are miffed that clubs such as Sutton, Harrogate and Barrow have all gone up in the last few years.

If we go to 3 up/ 3 down how long before 4 up/ 4 down as a club the size of Wrexham, Chesterfield or Notts County can’t hack missing out on promotion to a smaller club with a significantly smaller budget?

Ninety Per Cent

Reaction score
Supports
Scunthorpe United
I’m guessing that tweet was from a County Fan, how many more do they want to go up and they still bottle it.

Stocky

Reaction score
Supports
Stockport County.
Barrow finished 22nd last season. Couple of results either way and they swap with Oldham who are a manager down and struggling to hit mid table in NL. Barrow are now right up there in L2. Fine margins.

This division is a step up but we are doing genuinely terribly and everything that could have gone wrong in our opening 10 has. And we're still like 16th or 17th

We finished 17 points ahead of Grimsby last season and they're on the tip of the play-offs.

10 games in and I can confirm League Two is a step up but not as much as people on here claimed.

BarraMatt

Reaction score
Supports
Barrow AFC
The irony of it is, none of these clubs would be screaming for it if they were languishing in 22nd in League Two, that post wouldn't have been made if Solihull were sat in 2nd. The point it hints at is that those three clubs deserve League football because of who they are, rather than their records so far this season. As said above anyone can smash Dorking 6-0, we even had similar wins in our promotion season. Football is a sport where you end up where you deserve to be based off a club's performance on and off the pitch and it's their own fault they're currently in a difficult league to get out of.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
feby2112
Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!