Reaction score
Supports
Southend
Our centre midfield is fucking atrocious

B2TF

Reaction score
Supports
THE MIGHTY SHAYMEN
To be fair, Grimsby demonstrated a quality we resoundingly lack, the ability to see out a game having gone in front, no matter how long is left on the clock, indeed we will generally concede within 5 minutes or less of having taken a lead. That said, we ARE ready and will be challenging strongly for the title in the new year. There. I've said it. Anyone else got the balls to back their team like that? :bdick:

John Still

Reaction score
Supports
Dagenham
Our centre midfield is fucking atrocious
Ogogo is more than capable of doing a job at this level, he showed that in his loan spell for us last season but you could put peak Paul Scholes alongside Dunne and even he would look crap. Stealing a leaving for years no matter what club he’s been at.

pontoonlew

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby
Weird game last night, we weren’t particularly great but weren’t too bad either. Certainly still lacking a certain spark which I think McAtee will give us (unless you’ve never seen him play therefore he’s garbage and we’re all wrong) and push Fox back into his best position. Giles Coke is a passenger IMO.

I’d like to see more of Bapaga, he looked excellent at Alty and certainly has more end product in his locker.

Southend looked junk.

Kim Mitten

Reaction score
Supports
Southend United
Southend have scored TWO goals in 8 away matches this season. Fucking hell.

Yet still I keep going! Our team is slower and has less skill than the cargo ships I saw docked on the way into Grimsby.

Have to say though the away end was fun, saw some faces I haven't seen for years, some of the best singing in ages, broke out some old favourites and we've got the great new chant: 'you're shit, but we're fucking worse, you're shit but we're fucking worse.'
Oh and we also started singing twist and shout for some reason, no variation of lyrics, just singing the song.
Good times, if only the football was as enjoyable.

Posh Harry

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
First half was ok, second half junk. Commentators showing once again they haven’t got a clue about football by picking Sousa as mom. Taylor was clearly that, leading the line superbly last night and bringing others into the game. Commentators also banging on about how Southend can get something but to be honest they offered very little threat.

If Murphy spent as much time playing football as he did moaning at the ref, he would be a decent player, bloody embarrassing!

We were very low on confidence so delighted to get 3 scruffy points.

UTFM

Kim Mitten

Reaction score
Supports
Southend United
First half was ok, second half junk. Commentators showing once again they haven’t got a clue about football by picking Sousa as mom. Taylor was clearly that, leading the line superbly last night and bringing others into the game. Commentators also banging on about how Southend can get something but to be honest they offered very little threat.

If Murphy spent as much time playing football as he did moaning at the ref, he would be a decent player, bloody embarrassing!

We were very low on confidence so delighted to get 3 scruffy points.

UTFM

He is so frustrating. Somehow he's scored goals in this team, yet he spends so much time trying to win freekicks and penalties he forgets to fucking play. Last night he was offside more then Gary Hooper as well, which I didn't think was possible.
He's not even good at it, just stay on your feet and shoot more! There were a number of our fans screaming abuse at him at the full time whistle for his usual antics last night.

OneDecentLester

Reaction score
Supports
Chesterfield FC
Certainly still lacking a certain spark which I think McAtee will give us (unless you’ve never seen him play therefore he’s garbage and we’re all wrong)
Christ, let it go:lol: No one has called him garbage have they?

Are we gonna get those same fucking sarcastic brackets every time you mention his name from now on!?

Already just the 3 times you’ve wrote it now on the same thread :conf:

pontoonlew

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby
Christ, let it go:lol: No one has called him garbage have they?

Are we gonna get those same fucking sarcastic brackets every time you mention his name from now on!?

Already just the 3 times you’ve wrote it now on the same thread :conf:
I’m going to be insufferable about it until the end of the season so I’d strap in, if he scores on the 11th there’ll be a MELTDOWN

Gladders

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
Twitter
@Gladders1980
Well three points is three points but I thought it was a garbage game and both sides looked limited going forward.

Apart from a few hopeful strikes from outside the box most of our attacks came down the left with Sousa with little end product unfortunately. Don't get me wrong I don't think anyone had a bad game and we looked solid defensively all be it against a poor Southend but we lacked ideas and urgency going forward.

If we weren't playing Southend and we played like that I reckon the result would be different, we need to improve a lot going forward if we are still going to be up there come end of Jan given the very bad run of next 10 or so games we have.

Listening to Hurst on Grant and Scannell post match not sure what the point of them is to be honest, sounds like both are fit and training but not match fit because they have missed so much training and he wants them to play 11v11 or a reserve game first. Reading between the lines I don't think he trusts either to be on the pitch and not go off injured after 10 minutes.

Limerick Mariner

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
Well three points is three points but I thought it was a garbage game and both sides looked limited going forward.

Apart from a few hopeful strikes from outside the box most of our attacks came down the left with Sousa with little end product unfortunately. Don't get me wrong I don't think anyone had a bad game and we looked solid defensively all be it against a poor Southend but we lacked ideas and urgency going forward.

If we weren't playing Southend and we played like that I reckon the result would be different, we need to improve a lot going forward if we are still going to be up there come end of Jan given the very bad run of next 10 or so games we have.

Listening to Hurst on Grant and Scannell post match not sure what the point of them is to be honest, sounds like both are fit and training but not match fit because they have missed so much training and he wants them to play 11v11 or a reserve game first. Reading between the lines I don't think he trusts either to be on the pitch and not go off injured after 10 minutes.
At the moment, "as pointless as teaching a woman the value of a good forward defensive stroke"

OneDecentLester

Reaction score
Supports
Chesterfield FC
I’m going to be insufferable about it until the end of the season so I’d strap in, if he scores on the 11th there’ll be a MELTDOWN
Ahhhh right okay so you’re about 12 years of age then yeah? It all makes sense now

I’ll leave you to look forward to your personal cup final in peace Lew, got the date saved and everything! Countdown app set on your phone as well I’m guessing? Bet you’ve even decided what you’re wearing that day too (Absolutely no doubt Mcatee shirt over a hoody)!

Son of Cod

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
Giles Coke is a passenger IMO.
Yet again another I called in pre-season...
Giles Coke - Get rid for me, I'd rather have Clifton. His passing is crap and he can only really play in one position as far as I know.
...Matete carried him last season. I still think he does a decent enough job of breaking up play and he's obviously a good egg and decent leader but is that enough in a small squad when we've got Clifton and Fox that essentially do what he does better and have more strings to their bows?

Gladders

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
Twitter
@Gladders1980

...Matete carried him last season. I still think he does a decent enough job of breaking up play and he's obviously a good egg and decent leader but is that enough in a small squad when we've got Clifton and Fox that essentially do what he does better and have more strings to their bows?

Clifton for me is undoubtedly one of our best players, if not the best and even though has been very good out wide and covering multiple other positions is wasted in them all except CM.

Hopefully McAtee is back now so we can back to Fox and Hunt in the middle and Clifton on the left with Sousa on the right in front of Efete.

Son of Cod

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
Clifton for me is undoubtedly one of our best player, if not the best and even though has been very good out wide and covering multiple other positions is wasted in them all except CM.

Hopefully McAtee is back now so we can back to Fox and Hunt in the middle and Clifton on the left with Sousa on the right in front of Efete.
Yeah I'd say after McAtee, Clifton and Towler have been our best players this season. I'm made up for Clifton, if anyone deserves a good season it's him. He's starting to show the kind of consistency that I think all Town fans doubted he had. I've said in the past that it pissed me off when he shoots and tries long balls as they rarely come off but he's somehow got them in his locker now. He's a genuine goal threat this season and I find myself urging him to have a dig now when he's got the goal in his sights. Definitely agree we need him in the middle though. There's a bite and energy that's missing when he's in there and so many teams at this level go into matches trying to overrun you in the middle of the park that he's kind of vital there.

pontoonlew

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby

I think between us there’s quite a growing list of ‘called it’ moments.

Dead right about Matete, carried Danny Rose who looked no worse than Coke at the end of last season IMO. It’s a big shame Hurst doesn’t seem to rate Spokes either because I think he’d be a real asset at this level. Fingers crossed he does a Vernam and comes back a different beast.

OneDecentLester

Reaction score
Supports
Chesterfield FC
Right I’m gonna have a crack at our starting XI today then now that all the press conferences have been done…

3-4-2-1
Loach
Williams - Grimes - Croll
King - Kellerman - Weston - Whittle
Mandeville - Khan
Tshimanga

Subs:
Minter
Kerr
McCourt
Payne
Tyson

Still missing Carline, Hollis, Gunning, Maguire, Miller, Denton, Clarke, Rowley Asante, Rowe and now Oyeleke (In case anyone wasn’t aware we still had a couple out.. ;))

Danger men for Solihull from what I’ve seen are definitely Sbarra who I rate very highly, and Adam Rooney who is always going to be a threat at this level. Am I right in thinking notorious moaning/diving bellend Osborne (not a fan if you hadn’t guessed) is back in the fold for them aswell after an injury lay off? Bet he’d bloody love to ruin our day!

Going confident and predicting a 0-2 away win with Khan and Tshimanga getting the goals. Fully expect it to be an extremely cagey stop start game but just hopeful those two’s added quality will see us over the line!

jacobncfc

Reaction score
Supports
notts county
Don’t think Rooney ever starts for them, his career seems to have gone completely off the rails. Weird that they don’t start Hudlin as well. Their threat is Dallas probably who is quick and has good movement in behind, then Sbarra and Osborne playing just behind him.

We just denied them the ball and that pretty much killed their threat. Knowing Ardley, he’ll set up for a point at home to you, if you’re positive you will probably beat them.

Wooderson

Reaction score
Supports
Notts County
Right I’m gonna have a crack at our starting XI today then now that all the press conferences have been done…

3-4-2-1
Loach
Mandeville - Khan
Tshimanga

Subs:
Minter
Kerr
McCourt
Payne
Tyson

Still missing Carline, Hollis, Gunning, Maguire, Miller, Denton, Clarke, Rowley Asante, Rowe and now Oyeleke (In case anyone wasn’t aware we still had a couple out.. ;))

Danger men for Solihull from what I’ve seen are definitely Sbarra who I rate very highly, and Adam Rooney who is always going to be a threat at this level. Am I right in thinking notorious moaning/diving bellend Osborne (not a fan if you hadn’t guessed) is back in the fold for them aswell after an injury lay off? Bet he’d bloody love to ruin our day!

Going confident and predicting a 0-2 away win with Khan and Tshimanga getting the goals. Fully expect it to be an extremely cagey stop start game but just hopeful those two’s added quality will see us over the line!

Yes he is. Did us a favour last week. Atmos was a bit flat until two mins after half time when Osborne got into a flare up with Kelly-Evans, and that lit the proverbial touch paper, as it were. He then got subbed off five minutes later to huge laughing jeers.

Son of Cod

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
I think between us there’s quite a growing list of ‘called it’ moments.

Dead right about Matete, carried Danny Rose who looked no worse than Coke at the end of last season IMO. It’s a big shame Hurst doesn’t seem to rate Spokes either because I think he’d be a real asset at this level. Fingers crossed he does a Vernam and comes back a different beast.
Haha yeah, we need to be documenting all these calls. Unrelated, I'm guessing you've listened to it but I only just got round to listening to the second Paul Linwood I Had Trials Once podcast. Or at least someone else will have mentioned to you your personal name drop by him? Rent free in your head. :lol:

Took me a while to get on the Spokes train, but he grew on me as last season went on so yeah I think it's also a shame he's not really featured much. Was hoping his next loan would have been a month, not a three month one. Hurst definitely seems to rate Khouri more. Perhaps it's a case of there only being room for one of them for the time being?

3-4-2-1
Loach
Mandeville - Khan
Tshimanga

Subs:
Minter
Kerr
McCourt
Payne
Tyson

Yep, Osborne came on against Wigan for them midweek mate. Just in time for us as well. Guaranteed to score against us. Maybe you can tire them out a bit for us. Loads of injury time please. Just don't go spanking them like Wrexham did with Aldershot.

OneDecentLester

Reaction score
Supports
Chesterfield FC
Yes he is. Did us a favour last week. Atmos was a bit flat until two mins after half time when Osborne got into a flare up with Kelly-Evans, and that lit the proverbial touch paper, as it were. He then got subbed off five minutes later to huge laughing jeers.
He honestly just can’t help himself. Hopefully Grimes understands assignment and flattens him early doors so that we don’t have to put up with his bullshit for any longer than we have to in the game.

Yep, Osborne came on against Wigan for them midweek mate. Just in time for us as well. Guaranteed to score against us. Maybe you can tire them out a bit for us. Loads of injury time please. Just don't go spanking them like Wrexham did with Aldershot.
We’re hoping to take advantage of some tired legs in their camp aswell after the FA Cup replay they had in midweek, so in theory by the time they come round to playing you they should be absolutely bollocksed!

pontoonlew

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby
Haha yeah, we need to be documenting all these calls. Unrelated, I'm guessing you've listened to it but I only just got round to listening to the second Paul Linwood I Had Trials Once podcast. Or at least someone else will have mentioned to you your personal name drop by him? Rent free in your head. :lol:

Took me a while to get on the Spokes train, but he grew on me as last season went on so yeah I think it's also a shame he's not really featured much. Was hoping his next loan would have been a month, not a three month one. Hurst definitely seems to rate Khouri more. Perhaps it's a case of there only being room for one of them for the time being?

Haha yes I heard it, he called me ‘good looking and funny’ too which took my hatred for him to a mild dislike. I’ve since followed him and we’ve exchanged some messages, he’s actually a decent guy now dare I say it.

Son of Cod

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
Haha yes I heard it, he called me ‘good looking and funny’ too which took my hatred for him to a mild dislike. I’ve since followed him and we’ve exchanged some messages, he’s actually a decent guy now dare I say it.
Yeah that whole bit about his Town days still enrages me but it's hard to let go as that was that team that went down the first time but the rest of the podcast is decent and he does come across pretty well in it.

EnglishRed

Reaction score
Supports
Wrexham
Good to see Lainton back in goal and Hyde returning on the bench. Otherwise the same team that put 6 past Kings Lynn.

No idea what to expect from Wealdstone. They have lost a lot but not by big margins, and they obviously beat Grimsby recently.
FB_IMG_1637417444588.jpg

Who Needs Mourinho

Reaction score
Supports
Stockport County
Two changes for us with Rooney replacing Collar and Hinchliffe back in goal.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bantamshell
Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!