National league North 2021-22

DarkSithLord

Reaction score
Supports
Alfreton
Twitter
@LiamHenton
Huge run of games coming up for Alfreton now.
We actually go in to a fixture against Spennymoor with some confidence which is rare as we look to get our first win against them at the 8th attempt.
Then another trip to the North East sees go to battle Gateshead and their 100% home record.
If and its a big IF we can be competitive in these games and take 4 points then anything's possible.
Lets see if we can deliver...
Personally we need an experienced commanding centre back first.

Bluandwite

Reaction score
Supports
Chester FC
Massive improvement from us and some noticeable tweaks made by the managers. Boston ended up down to 9 men but we were excellent throughout anyway. Expected a lot more from Boston and to be honest I'd say they're the worst side I've seen this season.

BigDaveCUFC

Reaction score
Supports
Curzon Ashton....and Carlisle
Extremely hard fought win today vs Fylde, didn’t expect it, shows how strong we are this year.

started game well, went at them, scored some weird goal from nothing, a cross that frankly went in but it wasn’t really windy, just some fluke that bobbled in to total delayed cheers as no one expected it.

goal kicked fylde up a notch and then rest of half became about our defending. I have not ever seen a side press up the field as much and as dangerously as them, for most of the first half they frankly ran 2-4-4, I think they play 5-3-2 but their full backs were so far forward they were on edge of our box and even their goalie spent large spells well out of goal.

they dominated first half, they camped out half, they had a lot of the ball…….they created not really even one good chance, half chances but nothing that would cause our goalie issues.

half time came, I expected same from them and thought If they kept this mad high pressed approach an opportunity may be there as left gaping holes at the back if only we could hold.

second half started just wrongly for us, they got a free kick edge of box and smashed it superbly into net for 1-1.

at that moment I expected them to push on after getting that breakthrough, but the goal like ours first half seemed to pick up the other side and we got into the game and pushed them back, and half became very entertaining without any real chances……we did have one where we should have buried a free header at back post but didn’t.

unlike fylde our pressure spell did pay off as we grabbed another goal, again a weird what happened one, a corner played in seemed to cross line and 2-1.

after that it stayed even for large spells the. Fylde whacked up the pressure last 10 minutes bit again just couldn’t create good clear opportunities until really injury time and then it was too late.

got lucky with our goals but we soaked up masses of pressure today and what won us the game was the fact for all Fylde attack play, possession and pressure they simply created next to no real good chances and we got more chances from less.

Last edited:

GEORGE

Bristol Rovers
Reaction score
Supports
bristol rovers
Well done Bradford

eightiesrobin

Reaction score
Supports
Altrincham
Huge run of games coming up for Alfreton now.
We actually go in to a fixture against Spennymoor with some confidence which is rare as we look to get our first win against them at the 8th attempt.
Then another trip to the North East sees go to battle Gateshead and their 100% home record.
If and its a big IF we can be competitive in these games and take 4 points then anything's possible.
Lets see if we can deliver...
Personally we need an experienced commanding centre back first.
I rocked up at Gateshead today to find that Richie Sutton has gone back to Alfreton, I missed that memo. He was sorely missed today tbh

JE93

Reaction score
Supports
Darlington FC
Good 3-1 win away at Kettering today. They're a solid side, not pretty (very Paul Cox) but they'll get plenty of points this season from bullying teams. They bullied us off the pitch for the first 30 minutes. Though probably speaks volumes that we scored all the goals today, thought they were decent enough box to box but they didn't really test Taylor in our goal at all.

Having conceded a comedy own goal after about 6 minutes we were on the back foot, but after 30 minutes the game completely changed, suddenly Lambert and Rivers were running in behind their wing backs and once we were getting at the wider of their 3 CBs we caused them problems, and that let us build the pressure and get the goals that led us to a deserved win.

Highest scorers in the league (albeit having played a game more than anyone else) which suggest if (big if) we can sort our defence out we might be able to have more than just a boring mid table season.

Darlo On Tour

Reaction score
Supports
Darlington
Saturday 6 November 2021 National League North results

Att. 635 - Blyth Spartans 0 Leamington 2
Att. 333 - Bradford (Park Avenue) 3 AFC Telford United 2
Att. 1,438 - Chester 4 Boston United 0
Att. 250 - Curzon Ashton 2 AFC Fylde 1
Att. n/a - Farsley Celtic 0 Brackley Town 0
Att. 1,756 - Hereford 1 Chorley 0
Att. 835 - Kettering Town 1 Darlington 3
Att. 1,344 - Spennymoor Town 0 Alfreton Town 2

Darlo On Tour

Reaction score
Supports
Darlington
Good 3-1 win away at Kettering today. They're a solid side, not pretty (very Paul Cox) but they'll get plenty of points this season from bullying teams. They bullied us off the pitch for the first 30 minutes. Though probably speaks volumes that we scored all the goals today, thought they were decent enough box to box but they didn't really test Taylor in our goal at all.

Having conceded a comedy own goal after about 6 minutes we were on the back foot, but after 30 minutes the game completely changed, suddenly Lambert and Rivers were running in behind their wing backs and once we were getting at the wider of their 3 CBs we caused them problems, and that let us build the pressure and get the goals that led us to a deserved win.

Highest scorers in the league (albeit having played a game more than anyone else) which suggest if (big if) we can sort our defence out we might be able to have more than just a boring mid table season.

Indeed I totally agree we absolutely outclassed a decent Kettering side that for me were well in control of the game up until about 6 or 8 minutes before the interval, a well crafted free kick that Hatfield left alone for the impressive Lambert to curl round the keeper and in of the post. At last a bit of luck on our behalf rather than bouncing back into the keeper's arms. Although up until that equaliser Taylor was never really tested they still looked comfortable. I thought Cassidy was unfortunate in not putting us 2-1 up before the interval.

Now that Lambert had woken up and changed a few gears we were dominant and he was a delight to watch!
In the second half they couldn't live with us simple as that we were on fire and rampant.

I think on our second half display alone we'd have matched anybody, million dollar question is can we have more of the same against Chester? Who also had a cracking win today!!

I think all the lads put in a good shift today apart from a minor blip from Cooper who soon made amends with a neat little header to put us 2-1 up in the second half. And he absolutely loved it with his celebration with the fans. Great celebrations after the final whistle from Hatfield and the players and even a fist in the air from AA!

Kenneth Dodd

Reaction score
Supports
Chester
Indeed I totally agree we absolutely outclassed a decent Kettering side that for me were well in control of the game up until about 6 or 8 minutes before the interval, a well crafted free kick that Hatfield left alone for the impressive Lambert to curl round the keeper and in of the post. At last a bit of luck on our behalf rather than bouncing back into the keeper's arms. Although up until that equaliser Taylor was never really tested they still looked comfortable. I thought Cassidy was unfortunate in not putting us 2-1 up before the interval.

Now that Lambert had woken up and changed a few gears we were dominant and he was a delight to watch!
In the second half they couldn't live with us simple as that we were on fire and rampant.

I think on our second half display alone we'd have matched anybody, million dollar question is can we have more of the same against Chester? Who also had a cracking win today!!

I think all the lads put in a good shift today apart from a minor blip from Cooper who soon made amends with a neat little header to put us 2-1 up in the second half. And he absolutely loved it with his celebration with the fans. Great celebrations after the final whistle from Hatfield and the players and even a fist in the air from AA!
Should be an interesting game next week as we also had a return to form beating Boston 4-0, that’s four wins in a row at home but I won’t get carried away just yet.

DarkSithLord

Reaction score
Supports
Alfreton
Twitter
@LiamHenton
I rocked up at Gateshead today to find that Richie Sutton has gone back to Alfreton, I missed that memo. He was sorely missed today tbh
We have wanted him back for a while.
The whole team were frankly pretty much faultless yesterday.

Stunning goal from Yusifu Ceesay good to win any game at any level.
Bailey Hobson is the best young player in the whole division bar none
Loved the away day yesterday.
Bring on Gateshead. We should fear nobody. Win there and everything's possible

Prodigal

Reaction score
Supports
Chorley
Unsurprisingly, to me at any rate, we lost our 10 game unbeaten run away at Hereford. We are definitely in a false position but sadly too many at Chorley just cant see it, they overlook the fact most of our goals came in 2 games (Gloucester and Chester) and we are boring folk to death with draws.
Still see us as mid table at best.

Harrier94

Reaction score
Supports
Kidderminster Harriers
Unsurprisingly, to me at any rate, we lost our 10 game unbeaten run away at Hereford. We are definitely in a false position but sadly too many at Chorley just cant see it, they overlook the fact most of our goals came in 2 games (Gloucester and Chester) and we are boring folk to death with draws.
Still see us as mid table at best.

I thought it was odd your twitter was celebrating extending your unbeaten run against us. At home against a team that was down to 10 for basically the whole second half a draw didn't seem like a positive for you guys.

Wooderson

Reaction score
Supports
Notts County
We have wanted him back for a while.
The whole team were frankly pretty much faultless yesterday.

Stunning goal from Yusifu Ceesay good to win any game at any level.
Bailey Hobson is the best young player in the whole division bar none
Loved the away day yesterday.
Bring on Gateshead. We should fear nobody. Win there and everything's possible

Hobson sounds decent DSL, think he could cut it at NL level?

Prodigal

Reaction score
Supports
Chorley
I thought it was odd your twitter was celebrating extending your unbeaten run against us. At home against a team that was down to 10 for basically the whole second half a draw didn't seem like a positive for you guys.
Totally agree, that was 2 points lost not a point gained unfortunately our Manager wont change to a more attacking formation most of the time, it was crying out fir us to go for it when you went down to 10, but no, we hang on for a point.

Fyldefan

Reaction score
Supports
Afc fylde
Extremely hard fought win today vs Fylde, didn’t expect it, shows how strong we are this year.

started game well, went at them, scored some weird goal from nothing, a cross that frankly went in but it wasn’t really windy, just some fluke that bobbled in to total delayed cheers as no one expected it.

goal kicked fylde up a notch and then rest of half became about our defending. I have not ever seen a side press up the field as much and as dangerously as them, for most of the first half they frankly ran 2-4-4, I think they play 5-3-2 but their full backs were so far forward they were on edge of our box and even their goalie spent large spells well out of goal.

they dominated first half, they camped out half, they had a lot of the ball…….they created not really even one good chance, half chances but nothing that would cause our goalie issues.

half time came, I expected same from them and thought If they kept this mad high pressed approach an opportunity may be there as left gaping holes at the back if only we could hold.

second half started just wrongly for us, they got a free kick edge of box and smashed it superbly into net for 1-1.

at that moment I expected them to push on after getting that breakthrough, but the goal like ours first half seemed to pick up the other side and we got into the game and pushed them back, and half became very entertaining without any real chances……we did have one where we should have buried a free header at back post but didn’t.

unlike fylde our pressure spell did pay off as we grabbed another goal, again a weird what happened one, a corner played in seemed to cross line and 2-1.

after that it stayed even for large spells the. Fylde whacked up the pressure last 10 minutes bit again just couldn’t create good clear opportunities until really injury time and then it was too late.

got lucky with our goals but we soaked up masses of pressure today and what won us the game was the fact for all Fylde attack play, possession and pressure they simply created next to no real good chances and we got more chances from less.

Good write up that. Cheers. I was at a family do this wkd and was hoping you’d have done a write up. Still recovering now. Not the result we wanted of course but we’ve still started well. You fancy your boys for play offs then this term?

BigDaveCUFC

Reaction score
Supports
Not sure really, but this is a weird season so far.

current team has a good chance, it can win well and also dig out wins, can also comeback in games, all factors you need to push promotion.

harsh reality though is we hit our 2-3 killer months others won’t get……..can we keep all our players. Curzon usually get poached over the next couple of month. May come from other conf north sides may come from Buxton or FcUM below us.

plus I am unsure how many get into playoffs is it top 5 or 7????

I expect certainly Fylde, Blackley and Boston will end up there who are already there they have good teams and a lot of experience to do it. Then you have some strong other sides up near top currently some will hold, some won’t.

then you also have York and Chester who should be doing better if they sorted out their act……….very very tough to keep pace with them all.

but Curzon will have one advantage on everyone, not one team will take them that seriously or raise their game or treat it like a big game.

seem it numerous times in lower leagues that this can be a major advantage to sides who get ‘raised games’ every so often.

DarkSithLord

Reaction score
Supports
Alfreton
Twitter
@LiamHenton
Not sure really, but this is a weird season so far.

current team has a good chance, it can win well and also dig out wins, can also comeback in games, all factors you need to push promotion.

harsh reality though is we hit our 2-3 killer months others won’t get……..can we keep all our players. Curzon usually get poached over the next couple of month. May come from other conf north sides may come from Buxton or FcUM below us.

plus I am unsure how many get into playoffs is it top 5 or 7????

I expect certainly Fylde, Blackley and Boston will end up there who are already there they have good teams and a lot of experience to do it. Then you have some strong other sides up near top currently some will hold, some won’t.

then you also have York and Chester who should be doing better if they sorted out their act……….very very tough to keep pace with them all.

but Curzon will have one advantage on everyone, not one team will take them that seriously or raise their game or treat it like a big game.

seem it numerous times in lower leagues that this can be a major advantage to sides who get ‘raised games’ every so often.
Its top 7

BigDaveCUFC

Reaction score
Supports
Ah then we have a chance.

how long has the York manager got is expected him ousted by now

Darlo On Tour

Reaction score
Supports
Darlington
Tuesday 9 November 2021 National League North results

Att. 371 - Brackley Town 2 Spennymoor Town 0
Att. n/a - Leamington 2 York City 0

Darlo On Tour

Reaction score
Supports
Darlington
Should be an interesting game next week as we also had a return to form beating Boston 4-0, that’s four wins in a row at home but I won’t get carried away just yet.

Yeah it should be a very interesting game especially if both teams produce the same displays like they did on Saturday. At least we don't have to deal with the presence of Asante! :)): That's fortress form four wins at home...

Darlo On Tour

Reaction score
Supports
Darlington
I see everything seems to be falling apart with #PrideOfCountyDurham who have now lost four consecutive games without scoring.

A fascinating league this season with AFC Fylde and Brackley heading the pack with a 7 point lead and also the two of them lock horns on Saturday.

Minstermen central

Reaction score
Supports
York City
Ah then we have a chance.

how long has the York manager got is expected him ousted by now
Last 3 managers have been sacked after losing to Curzon and got them away Saturday.lost every game against them.
He is actually doing a good job under the circumstances.Assistant manager Micky Cummings has been suspended due to betting plus centre half.
Also we are down to 12 fit players and played all season with 2 fit defenders.
Funny enough Saturday should be first time we can name 4 defenders,Centre back King ban for betting is up this Friday.
Still have Duckworth,Burrow,Dyson,Woods out till middle of December.If Flyde had main players they would be struggling.
John Askey has just come in to help Watson.
Main problem is supporters stance on chairman atmosphere is toxic.

BigDaveCUFC

Reaction score
Supports
How on earth do you have budget you have and be in such a mess player wise, sheer bad luck injury wise or numerous bad appointments?

Minstermen central

Reaction score
Supports
York City
How on earth do you have budget you have and be in such a mess player wise, sheer bad luck injury wise or numerous bad appointments?
Certainly had back luck.
King centre back got injured pre season and then received a ban for stupidly betting on football matches,First game back after ban this weekend.
Burrow left back did Achilles pre season back mid December.
Duckworth right back is quality but has a terrible injury record,seems to pull hamstring every 6 games and out till mid December,so stupid signing.
Newton not been injured in 5 years been here fractures his knee cap playing on 3G pitch at Gloucester in August just started playing but not match fit.
Only fit player is Matty Brown who has still missed 5 games good job he is a rock because been playing 2 central midfielder in back 4 all season.
When we played Gloucester in 2 nd half didn’t have 1 defender on pitch,that is just bad luck.
Woods and Dyson best midfielders got injured in last week.Woods Achilles out till mid December.
Watson can be blamed for using most of budget on 4 strikers, Beck,Willoughby,Gilchrist and Donaldson who haven’t been injured but playing out of position.
Funny thing for Saturday all fans expect to lose,not like every other time we have played and lost to you.
Been to every game for over 4 years but last night at leamington has pushed me over the the edge and not going.

BigDaveCUFC

Reaction score
Supports
I see we today try to carry on our mission to sign Stockport’s title winning side and hope it works for us.

signed on loan nyal bell from Kidderminster……not worked well with them his move but he has afew players here he played with before.

it seems an ironic twist than for a few years Stockport just took everything Curzon now Curzon just take everything with Stockport links.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
feby2112
Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!