Neil Young resigns

Who Needs Mourinho

Reaction score
Supports
Stockport County
Fair play to the man for not looking to make a buck out of his own ineptitude, can't question his effort but he looked out of his depth with a big budget he had at Chester.

New manager to be announced shortly, which no doubt means the cheap option in Mike Flynn.

SamScfc

Reaction score
Supports
Stockport
Twitter
@samcharnock94
Not gonna lie I did want him to stay, simply because I think a bit of stability would have done us no harm, let him learn from his mistakes and see where we end up. We're not going to tempt another manager out of a job and pay compo, we'll get Mike Flynn in, slump into mid table, and we'll be back to square one in the summer.

I know Chester fans love him but he made SO many mistakes in such a short space of time.

Alty Pieman

Reaction score
Supports
Alty
Really feel for County fans, you so dont deserve this, loyalty knows no bounds. On the face of it he was a one of the better appointments your useless board made but sometimes it doesnt work out and maybe that's the case.

Sooner or later you will find the right man.

Mark kavanagh

Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere
Dave jones was willing to work at tranmere last season in an advisory role, although its 2 divisions lower his strong county links may make it worth while making a cheeky approach to see if he will help out by mentoring who ever you take on

DarkSithLord

Reaction score
Supports
Alfreton
Twitter
@LiamHenton
Really hope County make the right decision from here and get on to an upward trajectory

With the shocking standard of the North this year and their Crowds they should be in the play-offs as a bare minimum

Who Needs Mourinho

Reaction score
Supports
Stockport County
Dave jones was willing to work at tranmere last season in an advisory role, although its 2 divisions lower his strong county links may make it worth while making a cheeky approach to see if he will help out by mentoring who ever you take on
Well it's going to be our first team coach and playing legend Mike Flynn till the end of the season most probably so he will need some kind of experience alongside him.
90% of the fans want Gannon back so appointing another legend means no one will get on his back.

Who Needs Mourinho

Reaction score
Supports
Stockport County
Really hope County make the right decision from here and get on to an upward trajectory

With the shocking standard of the North this year and their Crowds they should be in the play-offs as a bare minimum
I disagree with you on the standard of the division, I mean it is awful but the way Young has failed this time compared to record breaking winner last time around makes me think it's of better quality. I t certainly has loads of bank rolled teams.

Ellis

Reaction score
Supports
Stockport County
Fair play for Young to resign, but it's fair to say his reign here has been an abject failure on and off the pitch.

Don't know where we go from here, I am at a loss to who can actually get us out of this fucking division.

DarkSithLord

Reaction score
Supports
Alfreton
Twitter
@LiamHenton
I disagree with you on the standard of the division, I mean it is awful but the way Young has failed this time compared to record breaking winner last time around makes me think it's of better quality. I t certainly has loads of bank rolled teams.
You could be right. Might be worth asking a Chester Fan who has also managed to see a recent Conference North game. Anyone? No way should we be 11th for a start and from all that CFC4LIFE has been posting it seems Chorley are fortunate to be 8th. As for Tamworth they are woeful. The top 6 are in a different Universe to everyone else.

Who Needs Mourinho

Reaction score
Supports
Stockport County
Fair play for Young to resign, but it's fair to say his reign here has been an abject failure on and off the pitch.

Don't know where we go from here, I am at a loss to who can actually get us out of this fucking division.
Gannon but it won't happen.

Looking with hindsight we should have got in ahead of Nuneaton for Wilson, a manager who develops and works with young talent and would have fitted in perfectly and married well with Lord and new youth set-up he is trying to create.

Who Needs Mourinho

Reaction score
Supports
Stockport County
You could be right. Might be worth asking a Chester Fan who has also managed to see a recent Conference North game. Anyone? Now way should we be 11th for a start and from all that CFC4LIFE has been posting it seems Chorley are fortunate to be 8th. As for Tamworth they are woeful. The top 6 are in a different Universe to everyone else.
Anybody can be anybody whereas a few years back there used to be a team or a couple of teams every year that were marooned at the bottom and got thrashed every week. I definitely think it's more competitive just look at the two relegated teams in Telford and yourselves.

Ellis

Reaction score
Supports
Stockport County
Gannon but it won't happen.

Looking with hindsight we should have got in ahead of Nuneaton for Wilson, a manager who develops and works with young talent and would have fitted in perfectly and married well with Lord and new youth set-up he is trying to create.

Yes, as far as I am aware we can forget about Gannon. Even if the board were willing to appoint him from what I've heard he won't come back here out of principle until its a completely clean slate.

Who Needs Mourinho

Reaction score
Supports
Stockport County
Yes, as far as I am aware we can forget about Gannon. Even if the board were willing to appoint him from what I've heard he won't come back here out of principle until its a completely clean slate.
But then he is involved in coaching our youngsters so if he would do that surely he would do the same first team wise?

Bluandwite

Reaction score
Supports
Chester FC
I genuinely think the side we won the Conference North with, for the level, was exceptional. It’s just a shame that it fell apart the way it did and didn’t really even have a crack at the Conference Premier. We were victims of our own success somewhat and ended up having to sign over the hill dross to replace it. It didn’t break all of those records by fluke, we had moneybags teams to contend with as well and a Halifax side just in receipt of a Vardy windfall, who then finished in the Conference Play-offs a year later.

He had positive momentum here (created by himself mind you) and then just made the right signings. Our midfield of Danny Williams, Antoni Sarcevic, Scott Brown and for a short time time Craig Curran, was far too good for that level but we had them at the right time. You only need to see where they are now to see that, Sarcevic in League 1, Williams and Curran in the SPL and Brown at Grimsby (for now). It was just too good, 107 points a record for the league, 30 game unbeaten run and only three defeats all season, two of which were after we’d already wrapped it up.

It’s a shame that it hasn’t worked out, I’d have liked it to but the door has been revolving with players coming and going. When he was with us, those signings worked out, they haven’t at Stockport.

Last edited:

Ellis

Reaction score
Supports
Stockport County
But then he is involved in coaching our youngsters so if he would do that surely he would do the same first team wise?

Coaching Alan Lord's academy who share our facilities. It's not directly Stockport County and not under control or party to our current board in doing that.

Ellis

Reaction score
Supports
Stockport County
I genuinely think the side we won the Conference North with, for the level, was exceptional. It’s just a shame that it fell apart the way it did and didn’t really even have a crack at the Conference Premier. We were victims of our own success somewhat and ended up having to sign over the hill dross to replace it. It didn’t break all of those records by fluke, we had moneybags teams to contend with as well and a Halifax side just in receipt of a Vardy windfall, the foundations of that side then finished in the Conference Play-offs a year later.

He had positive momentum here (created by himself mind you) and then just made the right signings. Our midfield of Danny Williams, Antoni Sarcevic, Scott Brown and for a short time time Craig Curran, was far too good for that level but we had them at the right time. You only need to see where they are now to see that, Sarcevic in League 1, Williams and Curran in the SPL and Brown at Grimsby (for now). It was just too good, 107 points a record for the league, 30 game unbeaten run and only three defeats all season, two of which were after we’d already wrapped it up.

It’s a shame that it hasn’t worked out, I’d have liked it to but the door has been revolving with players coming and going. When he was with us, those signings worked out, they haven’t at Stockport.

The difference I felt with Chester's "revolving door" was that he was bringing in the same sort of players he was bringing in for us in pre-season, players on paper who had good pedigree and background.

Here it was just 18 year old kids on loan for a month from clubs or players who were barely impressing 3-4 divisions lower. The writing was on the wall before they even touched the football that they were signings of a manager who was just rolling the dice repeatedly albeit this time with no budget left due to it already been spent. He couldn't coach or tactically think his way out of the hole we fell into.

I'd honestly go as far to say that he was probably the worst manager I've seen here. Every decision he made was the wrong one.

He's not a football manager and I think he will have realised that after his tenure here.

Who Needs Mourinho

Reaction score
Supports
Stockport County
Coaching Alan Lord's academy who share our facilities. It's not directly Stockport County and not under control or party to our current board in doing that.
Our current board had nothing to do with demise last time - Snape, Fearn and McKnight all gone but I understand where you are coming from. Is this one of your ITK posts Ellis?

CFC2010

Reaction score
Supports
Chester
The difference I felt with Chester's "revolving door" was that he was bringing in the same sort of players he was bringing in for us in pre-season, players on paper who had good pedigree and background.

Here it was just 18 year old kids on loan for a month from clubs or players who were barely impressing 3-4 divisions lower. The writing was on the wall before they even touched the football that they were signings of a manager who was just rolling the dice repeatedly albeit this time with no budget left due to it already been spent. He couldn't coach or tactically think his way out of the hole we fell into.

I'd honestly go as far to say that he was probably the worst manager I've seen here. Every decision he made was the wrong one.

He's not a football manager and I think he will have realised that after his tenure here.

Hahahahahahahahahaha.

Massive shame it didn't work out. Would have loved to see Youngy have a proper crack at the conference prem and the sooner Stockport are back up here the better.

Ellis

Reaction score
Supports
Stockport County
Hahahahahahahahahaha.

I know it must hard to take when someone sleights your love in for a legend, we get tetchy when people question Gannon etc but with Young it's categorically the truth.

There was no redeeming factor from his reign here whatsoever, and the fact in he has already said he is now going to look for other roles in football says as much.

CFC2010

Reaction score
Supports
Chester
I know it must hard to take when someone sleights your love in for a legend, we get tetchy when people question Gannon etc but with Young it's categorically the truth.

There was no redeeming factor from his reign here whatsoever, and the fact in he has already said he is now going to look for other roles in football says as much.

Chester legend or not his CV is exceptionally strong and it seems ridiculous to categorically say he is not a football manager based on half a season.

Ellis

Reaction score
Supports
Stockport County
Chester legend or not his CV is exceptionally strong and it seems ridiculous to categorically say he is not a football manager based on half a season.

Taking the biggest club in the non-league pyramid below the Conference up through the leagues isn't ridiculously impressive with the exception of his Conference North performance which was why I was optimistic. However given the recent stuff I've seen coming out about your approach to budgeting in that season and how when the belt got tightened the wheels seemed to fall off (and that his revolving door policy hit a bit of a brick wall in the National) I think his shortcomings are becoming more obvious than his positives.

He probably has enough about him to be a good manager below the Conference North but that's it. It's not misfortune which has been his downfall at Stockport, most of it he orchestrated or was partly responsible for it.

On the evidence I just don't think he knows how to manage a football club in an orthodox way beyond the Conference North. I am a complete loss though who can actually come in and get us out of this division. Neil Young to be fair was probably our best option after other better options turned us down - I don't see who else could actually do it excluding the candidate all the fans want.

As WNM said, we should have got Wilson (assuming he wanted it) when we had the chance.

Last edited:

Monkey Tennis

Reaction score
Supports
Bluebirds
You could be right. Might be worth asking a Chester Fan who has also managed to see a recent Conference North game. Anyone? No way should we be 11th for a start and from all that CFC4LIFE has been posting it seems Chorley are fortunate to be 8th. As for Tamworth they are woeful. The top 6 are in a different Universe to everyone else.

Going off our two seasons in Conference North, the standard is pretty terrible. We won the league whilst still being pretty crap, and the only team that really gave us much bother overall was Fylde and maybe Guiseley. The gulf between that league and the National League seems bigger now than a few years ago.

SamScfc

Reaction score
Supports
Stockport
Twitter
@samcharnock94
I do think can Young can be a success elsewhere but he had noone to blame but himself with us.

At the start of the season we were great but he just messed with the team far too much.

Who Needs Mourinho

Reaction score
Supports
Stockport County
I do think can Young can be a success elsewhere but he had noone to blame but himself with us.

At the start of the season we were great but he just messed with the team far too much.
Well going of his comments in recent weeks and what he said on COWS about his resignation he clearly doesn't believe that. Also we were never great just solid defensively for the first few months.

Who Needs Mourinho

Reaction score
Supports
Stockport County
Going off our two seasons in Conference North, the standard is pretty terrible. We won the league whilst still being pretty crap, and the only team that really gave us much bother overall was Fylde and maybe Guiseley. The gulf between that league and the National League seems bigger now than a few years ago.
You were very lucky to go up, I think it was obvious to most that Fylde were the superior side but you ground out results and won the title. You still had to spend big money to get out of the league. When he had an average budget and before your change of manager and subsequent investor came in you were closer to the bottom of the league than top just like Alfreton and Telford following their relegation.

Last edited:

Pliny Harris

Frightened Inmate #2
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Supports
The Provisional Brotherhood
and a Halifax side just in receipt of a Vardy windfall, who then finished in the Conference Play-offs a year later.

Even in last season's financial statement we hadn't received a lot of that windfall. In our first Conference season a director announced we had budgeted for an average crowd of 1,600 and reached that number on the final game of the season. We're simply well managed.

Felt like it would all end in tears at Edgeley Park in our friendly before this season, with all the Movement posters that filled the fans with expectation of a promotion. It's not worth putting that on wherever you are and I'll be very pleased when County finally turn this around.

B2TF

Reaction score
Supports
THE MIGHTY SHAYMEN
Sorry, but if Tamworth are one of the better sides the general standard must be abysmal. :shut:

B2TF

Reaction score
Supports
THE MIGHTY SHAYMEN
North fucking Ferriby? Solihull? AFC Fylde? A different universe to Stockport? FC United? Telford? That right there is everything that is going wrong with football. This nonsense has to be stopped! :sna:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
feby2112
Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!