Sat 2nd Jan 2021

Brox

Reaction score
Supports
Stevenage
Massive result for us, 3-1 win. Wasn't a great spectacle, fell behind after 5 minutes, poor defending from our point of view but the response to the goal was good. Carter struck twice in 10 minutes, first a free header into the far corner after some decent build up play down out left side, the second he collected a loose clearance, cut inside and curled the ball into the top corner to give us the lead.

After that we didn't really create too much, it felt like Scunthorpe had more of the ball, pressured us without actually working the goalkeeper, a lot nearly moments, blocked shots etc which made for a tense watch until Oteh made it 3-1 in stoppage time. Can't say we deserved the third, poor indecisive defending saw Oteh muscle his way through on goal, keeper got a hand to the effort but couldn't stop it from going in.

On another day that game is 0-0, all the goals were avoidable and there wasn't a lot of goalmouth action aside from the goals. 7 points from 9, out of the relegation zone, happy with that.

devilofajob

Reaction score
Supports
Crawley Town
He just clattered into your player....Greenidge is raw, but he would have been better sticking to cricket
You was the better team up until you scored then we over run you without having that killer touch.
Your club lacks ambition though waters will get you at least to the play offs and maybe promotion.
Keep him he is worth double next season.
As for Bolton i dont ex[pect at least 4 of them to be seen in a Bolton strip again
I'd agree with the first part of what you said.
Not quite sure how you didn't score.
Strangely, since we've been a league club, we've tended to do better against northern clubs. We've won today, at Preston, at Sheffield United and other good results.
Hopefully fans will be back when we're in the play-offs.

kieran_vale

Reaction score
Supports
Vale / New England Patriots
He always sounds like that! He should do the right thing after that today. It was as bad as anything Brown and Aspin served up. These hadn’t won in nearly a year at home! Stevenage had won 3 in 43 or something stupid!

It’s clear from today and Boxing Day many have stopped playing for him now.

Granted injuries have killed us but he signed most of the back up options!

Sending off killed us? Maybe from a chance of a fight back but it was the first half that killed us!

That line about "strange things going on" got me to be honest. If something behind the scenes is going on presumably with some of the squad then just call them out publicly on it as otherwise this will cost him his job (and probably still will). I don't see any turnaround on this now sadly.

Would also note that a couple of bad eggs or whatever is not an explanation for the complete capitulation we have seen lately. Cole and Sheringham back in the day despised each other but could still play well together for the team and its because they didn't dare cross Ferguson. I don't see that fear with ours.

The Terminator

Reaction score
Supports
Leyton Orient
Delighted with that win against Salford in a very tight game with fine margins, decided by a moment of magic from Danny Johnson's left boot.

Salfords Asante missed a sitter from 3 yards out before we scored - Easily miss of the season and that little bit of luck you sometimes need.

Second half we had to dig deep, both sides had chances to score and Lawrence Vigouroux had to pull off a good save from a one v one with Ian Henderson.

Thats best we've managed a game under Ross Embleton, every player put a good shift in.

Salford certainly a slowly improving side under Wellens, played a passing game until the last 15 minutes when they went long brining Tom Elliott on - They have alot of options, I'd still expect them to be there or thereabouts.

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
Askeys interview also clearly backs what’s been rumoured for a few weeks now that something is going on behind the scenes at Port Vale.

CTFC - Devils

Reaction score
Supports
Crawley town
He just clattered into your player....Greenidge is raw, but he would have been better sticking to cricket
You was the better team up until you scored then we over run you without having that killer touch.
Your club lacks ambition though waters will get you at least to the play offs and maybe promotion.
Keep him he is worth double next season.
As for Bolton i dont ex[pect at least 4 of them to be seen in a Bolton strip again
Not sure we lack ambition...? We're deemed by the EFL as the 2nd smallest club and we have an outside chance of promotion. Today was very much a game of two halves . Difference is we've finally learnt how to defend with Morris pulling out some worldie saves towards the end. 3 away wins on the bounce doesn't feel real...not sure we've ever done that. We seem to have something special going on at the moment and that's two wins without watters who I'm convinced is on his way out. Fortunately it gets easier next week against Leeds.

shoddycollins

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle United
Christ that was easy.

I honestly think we’ve played much better recently, yet Stevenage aside that was as easy a win as we’ve had in a while. Walsall offered nothing. We played reasonably well considering the number of players we had missing.

Top of League 2. I can’t believe this is happening to me.
The squad players have stepped up really well, Charters and Armer were excellent today, Dean Furman always puts in a steady performance when we need him to. McDonald was good today and previously we've seen that Devine and Riley can step up and challenge for a starting spot when they've been out for a bit.

Vale on Trent

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
That was a joke of a performance. There’s no bottle or character in any of them. I’m sick of watching that every week and saying the same things.

Regardless of whatever is going on or has gone on behind the scenes I’m afraid Askey has to go now. It’s a results business at the end of the day. We’ve been on a horrendous run since November and Askey has proved that he can’t stop the slide.

The players also have to take big responsibility. Some of them have gone from being outstanding last season to non-league standard this season.

Conker

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield Town FC
Twitter
@CONKS__
He always sounds like that! He should do the right thing after that today. It was as bad as anything Brown and Aspin served up. These hadn’t won in nearly a year at home! Stevenage had won 3 in 43 or something stupid!

It’s clear from today and Boxing Day many have stopped playing for him now.

Granted injuries have killed us but he signed most of the back up options!

Sending off killed us? Maybe from a chance of a fight back but it was the first half that killed us!

Whats the right thing to do? Because resigning isn’t - if the owners want rid they need to grow a pair and do it.

E10rifle

Reaction score
Supports
Orient
Delighted with that win against Salford in a very tight game with fine margins, decided by a moment of magic from Danny Johnson's left boot.

Salfords Asante missed a sitter from 3 yards out before we scored - Easily miss of the season and that little bit of luck you sometimes need.

Second half we had to dig deep, both sides had chances to score and Lawrence Vigouroux had to pull off a good save from a one v one with Ian Henderson.

Thats best we've managed a game under Ross Embleton, every player put a good shift in.

Salford certainly a slowly improving side under Wellens, played a passing game until the last 15 minutes when they went long brining Tom Elliott on - They have alot of options, I'd still expect them to be there or thereabouts.

‘Game management’ definitely the watchwords of the day for us. Complete contrast to those poor defeats around Xmas where we failed to see games out for a point or better.

Salford played into our hands in the first half by keeping the game low-tempo and not overly physical. Hilarious miss from Asante (one for all to savour on Quest tonight), but we were the better side and deserved the lead. Goal is a proper good one as well; real Barcaleyton stuff.

Second half they upped the tempo and we had a lot more to do defensively, but we did everything asked of us and should have grabbed a clincher on the counter early on. Don’t think old GNev will be popping any champagne tonight...

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
Whats the right thing to do? Because resigning isn’t - if the owners want rid they need to grow a pair and do it.
He won’t walk he’s said that. He was owed 175k by Macc so will want paying off. Probably end up getting Frank Sinclair in charge (links to rumours)

Got to sort it fast. Two of the last three performances have been relegation level.

Boz

Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere Rovers
Statement on today's postponement: Update on Postponement

Our COVID issues began this week when Callum Harriot tested positive. I called Tranmere yesterday, (Friday), out of courtesy to make them aware of our situation.

At that point, we accepted we had a slightly weakened squad but we were happy to go ahead and play the game.

This morning, (Saturday), I received a call from Tranmere’s club secretary, Tim Roberts, to warn us that several Tranmere players had woken up showing symptoms of COVID-19.

The Tranmere players have yet to be tested and when they are they might be all negative, but we have to assume some will be positive.
Our terse club statement suggested TWO rather than several players had covid symptoms. Get the impression that those in charge are not entirely happy with the Colchester chairman’s action. I don’t know if we travelled down today or an overnight stay. Though as already highlighted the real issue is the lack of clear guidance from the EFL leading to this make it up as you go along approach. I’d agree with an earlier poster that at this time of year they should also be adopting an approach similar to the NL and having more local fixtures on the calendar.

pontoonlew

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby
There was enough in our performance to be confident that Hurst will keep us up, however it’s mad how much shite is in our side. Would name them but it’s most of them, Matt Green and Kyle Bennett are the best examples, total shite and embarrassing that they’re experienced pros.

Andy Proctor

Reaction score
Supports
port vale
Think I will watch babestation next Saturday instead of vale so I can have a wank instead of watching a load of wank.

Spanishstag

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield town
Listened to Askey on his interview there he sounds defeated to me. I really feel for him as these players have let him down but it’s clear a change needs to happen.
Too much money spent on saving the world ,

Luke Imp

Reaction score
Supports
Lincoln City
It doesn't seem to be perfect as I see Accrington have had their game called off. Maybe before Andy Holt moans about having games called off he might have thought this a wise investment
They used theirs but they only work down to a certain temperature to be fair. It was initially brought in because the EFL were seeing quite a few games being called off when temperatures weren't dropping *that* low. They're not effective/as effective with heavier frosts as their has been over the last few days.

Conker

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield Town FC
Twitter
@CONKS__
He won’t walk he’s said that. He was owed 175k by Macc so will want paying off. Probably end up getting Frank Sinclair in charge (links to rumours)

Got to sort it fast. Two of the last three performances have been relegation level.

nothing wrong with wanting paid off considering he’s under contract.

shoddycollins

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle United

I never understand when fans call on the manager to resign. No manager in a job is ever going to willingly walk away.

GEORGE

Bristol Rovers
Reaction score
Supports
bristol rovers
Not sure we lack ambition...? We're deemed by the EFL as the 2nd smallest club and we have an outside chance of promotion. Today was very much a game of two halves . Difference is we've finally learnt how to defend with Morris pulling out some worldie saves towards the end. 3 away wins on the bounce doesn't feel real...not sure we've ever done that. We seem to have something special going on at the moment and that's two wins without watters who I'm convinced is on his way out. Fortunately it gets easier next week against Leeds.
Maybe as a club we have helped you in letting you have "Millwall Tone " Matthews & Nicholls. Anyway good luck to you.

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
I never understand when fans call on the manager to resign. No manager in a job is ever going to willingly walk away.
Micky did as did Aspin. Only one we’ve sacked sort of is Brown.

Its become clear there is huge problems behind the scenes, rumours for weeks, the Clark, McKirdy and Robinson being dumped and now tonight’s interview suggesting there’s further players involved and talk that some where signed by Sinclair, Askey loves a tight dressing room so why sign McKirdy?!?!

Fact is this has been going on for weeks and Askey has shown he isn’t strong enough to sort this mess out. The club has gone from Automatic Promotion contenders in mid November to relegation fodder in a matter of 7 weeks. (1.9PPG first 10 to 0.5PPG last 12)

Today is the accumulation of a few factors but all boil down to one problem... the manager.

Injuries and Covid have killed us... but Askey signed the back ups playing now! (The core best XI is pretty much 90% inherited)

Problems in the dressing room... sort it! Speak out rather than hinting name them?!

Sinclair/other outside involvement... speak out and deal with it.

It needs a strong character coming in now... a Micky Adams type (not necessarily the Messiah himself but someone strong)

I can’t see how we will get the 22-25 points needed if these issues are allowed to continue. If we sort it fast and get back to how we can perform then we will rattle out a solid finish still but the longer and deeper the rot sets in the tougher it becomes.

It’s a huge week for the club, transfers, manager and then a huge huge must win game next weekend. Either way it all needs sorting, fans have backed the club, 4000 plus season ticket holders with no prospect of going; people like me who’ve paid for a ten gamer with no prospect of going, most fans refused refunds last season, huge sales in the shirts, ifollow (I myself have spent over £200 on that on top of the £180 10 gamer, three shirts at £50 with printing each, got a few bits for Xmas to help them out such as training gear.

Fans have backed them massively and they need to do the right thing to repay that loyalty now.

TommoCUFC

Reaction score
Supports
Cambridge United
Definitely didn't deserve to lose that one. Cambridge very much a long ball outfit it seems, which has surprised me. I think Hoolahan only got on the ball a few times, because they were launching it over the midfield so much. Has that been a feature of your poor run, Cambridge fans? Feel like you rode your luck at the end there and your first goal was a lucky deflection. Quality finish from Mullin for the second and you created a few other chances in the first half but other than that we were the better team there for me. James Hanson wins that one if he's fit, as it was your CBs did their job well because we didn't really threaten them until Matt Green had gone off.
We aren’t really, it wasn’t just aimless long balls either we’d very clearly identified that we could hurt Grimsby by getting the ball towards whoever your left back was. It worked too, two goals and 2/3 further decent chances all from pressuring that area of the pitch

Aside from a little bit of late pressure which is to be expected a very comfortable away victory

kieran_vale

Reaction score
Supports
Micky did as did Aspin. Only one we’ve sacked sort of is Brown.

Its become clear there is huge problems behind the scenes, rumours for weeks, the Clark, McKirdy and Robinson being dumped and now tonight’s interview suggesting there’s further players involved and talk that some where signed by Sinclair, Askey loves a tight dressing room so why sign McKirdy?!?!

Fact is this has been going on for weeks and Askey has shown he isn’t strong enough to sort this mess out. The club has gone from Automatic Promotion contenders in mid November to relegation fodder in a matter of 7 weeks. (1.9PPG first 10 to 0.5PPG last 12)

Today is the accumulation of a few factors but all boil down to one problem... the manager.

Injuries and Covid have killed us... but Askey signed the back ups playing now! (The core best XI is pretty much 90% inherited)

Problems in the dressing room... sort it! Speak out rather than hinting name them?!

Sinclair/other outside involvement... speak out and deal with it.

It needs a strong character coming in now... a Micky Adams type (not necessarily the Messiah himself but someone strong)

I can’t see how we will get the 22-25 points needed if these issues are allowed to continue. If we sort it fast and get back to how we can perform then we will rattle out a solid finish still but the longer and deeper the rot sets in the tougher it becomes.

It’s a huge week for the club, transfers, manager and then a huge huge must win game next weekend. Either way it all needs sorting, fans have backed the club, 4000 plus season ticket holders with no prospect of going; people like me who’ve paid for a ten gamer with no prospect of going, most fans refused refunds last season, huge sales in the shirts, ifollow (I myself have spent over £200 on that on top of the £180 10 gamer, three shirts at £50 with printing each, got a few bits for Xmas to help them out such as training gear.

Fans have backed them massively and they need to do the right thing to repay that loyalty now.

You seen the rumours now on Twitter about Busgate2? I suspect its bollocks or exaggerated but was hoping the days of this at Vale were over with. We are in deep trouble.

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
Rumours now it’s all kicked off on the coach back from Mansfield apparently. FFS. If true it’s like Gannon all over again when the Horse tried to nail him.

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
You seen the rumours now on Twitter about Busgate2? I suspect its bollocks or exaggerated but was hoping the days of this at Vale were over with. We are in deep trouble.
Yep, imagine the interview post match hasn’t gone down very well. Wish they’d shown that passion on the pitch! It’s got to come to a head at least now and thus have to be sorted one way or the other be it with Askey gone or the rotten core causing the problems.

kieran_vale

Reaction score
Supports
Yep, imagine the interview post match hasn’t gone down very well. Wish they’d shown that passion on the pitch! It’s got to come to a head at least now and thus have to be sorted one way or the other be it with Askey gone or the rotten core causing the problems.

I hope it hasn't gone down well as it would be the first sign of them giving a shit all day. Right now I don't think it's a case of either/or I choose both to go. Truthfully am at the point that save for Brown, Gibbons, Conlon, Worrall, Hurst and Rodney the rest of the squad can all piss off as far as I'm concerned. They have been an utter disgrace and the management team for allowing this to fester can go with them.

After the second Mansfield goal I think it was Brown really lost his rag with the defence and was laying into them big time. Really looked like he had had enough of the ineptitude from those in front of him. Something Askey should have been doing weeks ago.

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
I hope it hasn't gone down well as it would be the first sign of them giving a shit all day. Right now I don't think it's a case of either/or I choose both to go. Truthfully am at the point that save for Brown, Gibbons, Conlon, Worrall, Hurst and Rodney the rest of the squad can all piss off as far as I'm concerned. They have been an utter disgrace and the management team for allowing this to fester can go with them.

After the second Mansfield goal I think it was Brown really lost his rag with the defence and was laying into them big time. Really looked like he had had enough of the ineptitude from those in front of him. Something Askey should have been doing weeks ago.
Mr Nice Guy Brown got a booking for losing his shit with them as well... granted the ball ended up in the Peak District somewhere!

Too many don’t give a shit, far from last season efforts do not sure what’s gone down. Smith has gone from being a miracle that we held on to him to looking like a baby foal, Burgess looks like what we expected him to be like, Legge I don’t know, captaincy playing on him? Age? Possibly too many games for him this season with how congested it is.

Talk is Pope is trying to sort the problems out when Askey should be, you had Legge trying to bark instructions against Barrow when Askey should be.

It’s what’s angered me most, if we are done by quality or by a team playing very well fair enough as long as we’ve had a real go but Jesus some of these performances we don’t look bothered, in first gear... Mansfield’s first their bloke walks past Amoo into his scoring position, second two or three missed the chance to clear it, third is a lazy tackle that wasn’t needed, Legges red was a lazy pass that left him in trouble, forth another where we gave the ball away being careless in possession. Add to that the efforts against Barrow and Stevenage. It’s the polar opposite to last season or the start of this.

We are best with the high press... we haven’t done it for weeks?

I was pleased Yates on IFollow commentary, an employee of Carol was calling them out during the game, brutally honest the lack of effort and attitudes. He cares and knows what it takes, basically suggested too many are being unprofessional and should realise they are now playing for their careers.

GTFCfish

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
1609623654210.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yellowman
Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!