Saturday 24th October

Bobbin'

Reaction score
Supports
Charlton
I’d love to meet an educated brick wall.

dannyc5

Reaction score
Supports
Crewe
Well if one does exist, it certainly wouldn’t be posting on here.

This article is a decent starting point in people’s quest to educate themselves. Research done on behalf of the Dutch FA.

Marked Ox

Reaction score
Supports
Oxford United
Well if one does exist, it certainly wouldn’t be posting on here.

This article is a decent starting point in people’s quest to educate themselves. Research done on behalf of the Dutch FA.

And yet plenty of footballers seem to be getting it. And that article talks about social distancing within the actual game, how is that going exactly?

Marked Ox

Reaction score
Supports
Oxford United
What is annoying me is the inconsistency of what is happening from one game to the other. The FL should have had this sorted from the start so everybody knew exactly where they stood but the rules (if there are actually any) seem so unclear that the same situation results in different responses.

dannyc5

Reaction score
Supports
Crewe
And yet plenty of footballers seem to be getting it. And that article talks about social distancing within the actual game, how is that going exactly?
Oh for gods sake, stop being so disingenuous. That article says the only POTENTIAL problem area is if one team gets a number of corners consecutively. Which happens very rarely. You not even going to acknowledge any of the stuff (from experts btw, not me) which proves that Steve Evans was, in fact, talking absolute shite? That data was gathered by a data analysis company that followed guidelines by epidemiologists and scientists, and has been used not just by the Dutch FA but by governments and Football associations all over the World.

And yes, a minority of footballers are getting the disease. But they aren’t getting it during a match. And it is also very encouraging, as I pointed out yesterday, that most cases at clubs seem to be pretty isolated and don’t effect whole squads eg Crewe, Wigan, Swindon. Which shows clubs must be adhering to social distancing.

Marked Ox

Reaction score
Supports
Oxford United
Oh for gods sake, stop being so disingenuous. That article says the only POTENTIAL problem area is if one team gets a number of corners consecutively. Which happens very rarely. You not even going to acknowledge any of the stuff (from experts btw, not me) which proves that Steve Evans was, in fact, talking absolute shite? That data was gathered by a data analysis company that followed guidelines by epidemiologists and scientists, and has been used not just by the Dutch FA but by governments and Football associations all over the World.

And yes, a minority of footballers are getting the disease. But they aren’t getting it during a match. And it is also very encouraging, as I pointed out yesterday, that most cases at clubs seem to be pretty isolated and don’t effect whole squads eg Crewe, Wigan, Swindon. Which shows clubs must be adhering to social distancing.

There is a lot of "suggests" and other such wording in that article as well. You don't know they aren't getting it during a match, even your article doesn't rule it out.

dannyc5

Reaction score
Supports
Crewe
Hahahahahahahahahaha. Absolutely pathetic. I go out and present you with evidence and you still talk out of your arse.

I for one am absolutely delighted that we are playing football and using our common sense. Just wish the needless PPs stop now.

Marked Ox

Reaction score
Supports
Oxford United
Hahahahahahahahahaha. Absolutely pathetic. I go out and present you with evidence and you still talk out of your arse.

I for one am absolutely delighted that we are playing football and using our common sense. Just wish the needless PPs stop now.

I'm delighted football is being played, I just want safe as possible, consistent procedures for players/officials/clubs (ie. if an opponent from the preceding game tests positive then your team automatically tests)*. And consistent procedures/protocols on whether a game is played or not. Players/management do have family etc after all who may be vulnerable. We have had a coach leave the club due to the risk this week as his son has a heart problem.

*Or better would be automatic weekly testing for all clubs if the funding can be found.

eric read

Reaction score
Supports
Oxford United
What the actual fuck is it with you Crewe fans? A thread about yesterday's L1 games is mostly full of you lot whining about the Oxford v Swindon non game. Are you all going to be this tedious all season?

There's a fucking pandemic. It's not made up. It can harm and kill people. The world at large, and in particular football, is learning to try to live with it and minimise exposure and potential harm. What is so difficult to understand about that? It's still a learning curve, so it's sensible to be cautious where possible.

But according to the experts from Crewe, it's all a load of bollocks and we're being wimps, it's impossible to catch it by playing football, Karl Robinson invented it, Dave Artell is an advisor to the WHO, PHE, and the EFL, and everything is a conspiracy designed to scupper Crewe Alexandria as they're such a great footballing force that none of us can stop them any other way.

Life and football is shit enough as it is at the moment without football forums being full of all this crap posted by a bunch of myopic retards.

dannyc5

Reaction score
Supports
Crewe
What the actual fuck is it with you Crewe fans? A thread about yesterday's L1 games is mostly full of you lot whining about the Oxford v Swindon non game. Are you all going to be this tedious all season?

There's a fucking pandemic. It's not made up. It can harm and kill people. The world at large, and in particular football, is learning to try to live with it and minimise exposure and potential harm. What is so difficult to understand about that? It's still a learning curve, so it's sensible to be cautious where possible.

But according to the experts from Crewe, it's all a load of bollocks and we're being wimps, it's impossible to catch it by playing football, Karl Robinson invented it, Dave Artell is an advisor to the WHO, PHE, and the EFL, and everything is a conspiracy designed to scupper Crewe Alexandria as they're such a great footballing force that none of us can stop them any other way.

Life and football is shit enough as it is at the moment without football forums being full of all this crap posted by a bunch of myopic retards.
Nice rational response lol.

Once again, I’m actually providing facts. I can back up what I say with verifiable evidence from people that are actually experts in the field, unlike Steve Evans and Karl Robinson. I have educated myself on the guidance and the protocols, unlike most responders on here. I literally linked an article, yet people ignore it and go off on rambling, nonsensical posts that have no semblance to reality. People make out all you have to do to catch Covid is walk past someone. IT. DOES. NOT. WORK. LIKE. THAT. You can do things without catching the disease you know!

People need to chill the FUCK out, and just enjoy watching the Football. Unless, obviously, you are an Oxford fan. Who are clearly absolute garbage.

eric read

Reaction score
Supports
Oxford United
Nice rational response lol.

Once again, I’m actually providing facts. I can back up what I say with verifiable evidence from people that are actually experts in the field, unlike Steve Evans and Karl Robinson. I have educated myself on the guidance and the protocols, unlike most responders on here. I literally linked an article, yet people ignore it and go off on rambling, nonsensical posts that have no semblance to reality. People make out all you have to do to catch Covid is walk past someone. IT. DOES. NOT. WORK. LIKE. THAT. You can do things without catching the disease you know!

People need to chill the FUCK out, and just enjoy watching the Football. Unless, obviously, you are an Oxford fan. Who are clearly absolute garbage.

I said Crewe fans, plural, but knew you'd be the one to respond, as you seem to be the de facto spokesperson for Crewe. Although the more I read the more I think you actually are Dave Artell.

You're clearly a bit of a loner, judging by the amount of time you spend on the internet, and looking for a bite by your last comment. Now I don't know whether to call you Dave or Billy..............

dannyc5

Reaction score
Supports
Crewe
I said Crewe fans, plural, but knew you'd be the one to respond, as you seem to be the de facto spokesperson for Crewe. Although the more I read the more I think you actually are Dave Artell.

You're clearly a bit of a loner, judging by the amount of time you spend on the internet, and looking for a bite by your last comment. Now I don't know whether to call you Dave or Billy..............
Yes I am a loner. I’m a loner who is right. Unless you can provide evidence to back up what Steve Evans said? Evidence that directly contradicts the evidence I provided?

eric read

Reaction score
Supports
Oxford United
Yes I am a loner. I’m a loner who is right. Unless you can provide evidence to back up what Steve Evans said? Evidence that directly contradicts the evidence I provided?

OK, Billy it is. Boring Billy.

Gassy

Reaction score
Supports
Bristol Rovers
So what is it exactly that Evans said that is so incorrect? Apart from the slight exaggeration, “Everyone was at risk in this stadium today.”

I read your report online and found it interesting, I work in life sciences and wasn’t aware the transmission was so low in sport.

dannyc5

Reaction score
Supports
Crewe
So what is it exactly that Evans said that is so incorrect? Apart from the slight exaggeration, “Everyone was at risk in this stadium today.”

I read your report online and found it interesting, I work in life sciences and wasn’t aware the transmission was so low in sport.
His assumption that Fleetwood were riddled with Covid just because they played Accrington. Saying people on the EFL board need to resign when his players come down with Covid. Essentially accusing Fleetwood of a dereliction of duty. Trying to get the game called off.

Shows that he, like many people, has a complete lack of understanding of the transmission of this disease. The EFL medical advisors deemed the game safe to go ahead, almost certainly based on the reasons outlined in the report I linked. So what is he spouting off for? They will have told him the reasons why it was safe. So he has just chosen to completely ignore that.

To reiterate. Match day is very safe, what with all the protocols in place around changing rooms and tunnel use etc, and the fact transmission rate is so low on the pitch itself.

PS. That Evans article isn’t actually that clear. It makes out he is saying they need testing because they came from a tier 3 area. He does say that, but his main gripe was Fleetwood not testing after Accrington.

Last edited:

Indian Dan

‘Absolute calamity!’
Reaction score
Supports
Swindon
Being honest here, I reckon we should have played Saturday. Player wise it made no difference. The only real problem was Wellens, Assistant Manager Hunt and Tommy Wright had to be isolated which would have left nobody from the management team on the bench.

TimeyWimey

Sustainable
Reaction score
Supports
Crewe Alexandra

you ok mate?

Agombar stool

Reaction score
Supports
Swindon Town
Being honest here, I reckon we should have played Saturday. Player wise it made no difference. The only real problem was Wellens, Assistant Manager Hunt and Tommy Wright had to be isolated which would have left nobody from the management team on the bench.

Could have put Rockin Robin on the bench!

codaplenty

Reaction score
Supports
Fleetwood
His assumption that Fleetwood were riddled with Covid just because they played Accrington. Saying people on the EFL board need to resign when his players come down with Covid. Essentially accusing Fleetwood of a dereliction of duty. Trying to get the game called off.

Shows that he, like many people, has a complete lack of understanding of the transmission of this disease. The EFL medical advisors deemed the game safe to go ahead, almost certainly based on the reasons outlined in the report I linked. So what is he spouting off for? They will have told him the reasons why it was safe. So he has just chosen to completely ignore that.

To reiterate. Match day is very safe, what with all the protocols in place around changing rooms and tunnel use etc, and the fact transmission rate is so low on the pitch itself.

PS. That Evans article isn’t actually that clear. It makes out he is saying they need testing because they came from a tier 3 area. He does say that, but his main gripe was Fleetwood not testing after Accrington.
The key point here is that the EFL medical advisors deemed the game safe to go ahead. I understand players are tested weekly but dont hold me to that, as clearly there is a cost implication
There is some humour around within the Fleetwood camp, arriving at the ground the players were made to change in the Gills club shop and after the game no showers were available for the players. Ched Evans and a few others chose to have an ice bath, so they must be bonkers. Barton, his assistant and other staff were made to move away from the normal dug out, obviously to keep them away from that lovable rogue Evans !

Marked Ox

Reaction score
Supports
Oxford United
The key point here is that the EFL medical advisors deemed the game safe to go ahead. I understand players are tested weekly but dont hold me to that, as clearly there is a cost implication
There is some humour around within the Fleetwood camp, arriving at the ground the players were made to change in the Gills club shop and after the game no showers were available for the players. Ched Evans and a few others chose to have an ice bath, so they must be bonkers. Barton, his assistant and other staff were made to move away from the normal dug out, obviously to keep them away from that lovable rogue Evans !

The changing facilities for away teams are like that I assume for all away teams as it was the same for us. We changed in the stand concourse and no showers when playing there. Somebody actually recorded part of the halftime team talk standing outside the stand.

Guernica

Reaction score
Supports
Lincoln City
Has Steve Evans spilled the beans yet on the EFL?

dannyc5

Reaction score
Supports
Crewe
No, it’s almost like he made up that an EFL board member said that money is more important than health.....

Guernica

Reaction score
Supports
Lincoln City
No, it’s almost like he made up that an EFL board member said that money is more important than health.....

Are you questioning the honesty and integrity of Mr Steve Evans?

Indian Dan

‘Absolute calamity!’
Reaction score
Supports
Swindon
Why are games called off due to Covid ‘suspended’ and not ‘postponed’? Just semantics?

Curious.

Boletus Edulis

Reaction score
Supports
Argyle (and West Ham)
We had a virtual Fans Forum last night and our CEO answered the question re the rules on Covid and postponing games. He said that there is no actual rules/guidelines, that it has been left to individual clubs to decide, but that the EFL reserve the right to investigate and punish with sanctions (unamed). Indeed, he said the EFL are actively investigating some clubs now, but that it could take months for any decision/action.

Argo have decided while they have a big enough squad to play unless the circumstances get extraordinary. We had four missing on Saturday and today, but decided to use the squad.

The schedule is tight, at the moment we are playing Tues, Sat, Tues, he said it could very quickly become Tues, Thurs, Sat, Tues, Thurs, something they want to avoid.

Robie

Reaction score
Supports
Oxford United
Why are games called off due to Covid ‘suspended’ and not ‘postponed’? Just semantics?

Curious.
Both Crewe games were "Postponed" which does raise questions as to why our game was Suspended.

Agombar stool

Reaction score
Supports
Swindon Town
Karl Robinson in the Oxford Mail has said he is refusing to accept a rearranged date and that Oxford should get the points. He is citing the example of Barrow playing earlier in the season when their manager and assistant were missing with Covid and they put a defender and a development coach in charge.

I completely understand Robinson’s frustrations as to what happened and really think the EFL should have put some proper rules in place before the season kicked off. These sort of scenarios are only going to get worse as Covid cases are rising and tens/scores of games are going to be off and there will be a horrific backlog of games.

The season was always likely to be a huge mess and it’s proving just that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
feby2112

Latest posts

Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!