Saturday 27th Jan Fixtures

leedsvaliant

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
Come back to me when you've got a first class degree and your own business. How's your SATS revision going?

Pompeyblueboy

Reaction score
Supports
Portsmouth
Come back to me when you've got a first class degree and your own business. How's your SATS revision going?
You are so funny. Don't forget last time when you stepped over the line

Just accept that you got beaten fairly and squarely against a better side today. Get over it,it happens

Carver

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle Utd
It’s getting to the stage now where I think we should just forfeit all our remaining games to save the embarrassment.

Worst team in the league by a mile. I’d be astounded if there’s ever been a worse football team at this level than this shower of shit we currently put out.

Getting worse by the week. But some of our deluded fans still actually think we might stay up :lol:

Being terrible this season and very likely to get relegated is a consequence of us getting promoted too soon with a poor budget.

The only hope I have left for this season is that our new players manage to gel and we put some positive results together before the end so we go into next season on the back of wins not defeats.

This season has at least been a huge reality check in terms of where we need to be as a club to survive, establish and compete at L1 level.

YEO YEO YEO

Reaction score
Supports
Lincoln City
You've got to think about refs position too. Why give the ref a decision to make in that situation. If I were a Port Vale fan, I'd be mad at the number 4(?) who seemed to just let the ball pass him by.

leedsvaliant

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
You've got to think about refs position too. Why give the ref a decision to make in that situation. If I were a Port Vale fan, I'd be mad at the number 4(?) who seemed to just let the ball pass him by.
That's a fair point tbf. There was a few performances like that today. However, a referee never 'needs' to make a decision. If he gives a corner there, no-one blinks an eye lid and he doesn't wind up the entire crowd.

leedsvaliant

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
You are so funny. Don't forget last time when you stepped over the line

Just accept that you got beaten fairly and squarely against a better side today. Get over it,it happens
I never stepped over the line. You accused me of something heinous (you'll need to look that word up) and then sloped off when I called you out for it. Beaten today by the being awful on the day...agreed. We still should have come away with a point, despite being awful.

Pompeyblueboy

Reaction score
Supports
Portsmouth
That's a fair point tbf. There was a few performances like that today. However, a referee never 'needs' to make a decision. If he gives a corner there, no-one blinks an eye lid and he doesn't wind up the entire crowd.
Why should he give a corner thou? It was a penalty end of.

He can't not give a penalty just because you have a moron amongst your crowd that is going to run on the pitch and try and attack the ref.

leedsvaliant

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
Why should he give a corner thou? It was a penalty end of.

He can't not give a penalty just because you have a moron amongst your crowd that is going to run on the pitch and try and attack the ref.
If you can't see that our player touched the ball (it moved direction) then there really is no hope. That same player tried it twice in the first half and was told to get up....he tried it again and got lucky.

codaplenty

Reaction score
Supports
Fleetwood
A real bummer today, we had a very good first half and then on the stroke of half time Omchere gets sent off. Always going to be an uphill battle in the second but full credit to Fleetwood, at least it's stopped a losing sequence of too many games. We'll see if this is a one off but hope springs eternal......

Pompeyblueboy

Reaction score
Supports
Portsmouth
If you can't see that our player touched the ball (it moved direction) then there really is no hope. That same player tried it twice in the first half and was told to get up....he tried it again and got lucky.
Beaten one nil and it should have been 4 or 5. As I said thanks for the 6 points this season.

hellogregory

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle United
Being terrible this season and very likely to get relegated is a consequence of us getting promoted too soon with a poor budget.

The only hope I have left for this season is that our new players manage to gel and we put some positive results together before the end so we go into next season on the back of wins not defeats.

This season has at least been a huge reality check in terms of where we need to be as a club to survive, establish and compete at L1 level.
I’ll never say we were promoted too soon. You take promotion whenever they come.

The budget thing yeah. Leaving us a national league budget squad to compete in league 1 was a fitting parting gift from the three pensioners.

I’m glad promotion happened, the jubilation at Wembley was worth it, but I want this season over now. It’s been shit, not enjoyable at all, but it will stand us in good stead for having a good go at hopefully coming back up fairly quickly and better prepared.

CTFCfan99

Reaction score
Supports
Cheltenham
Anyone seeing the ITV highlights show tonight will wonder how the ref has missed our penalty shout.

When the opposition manager says your team should have had a pen, then you know it's a bad decision.

Still, another apology letter will be just what we need to help us get out of the relegation zone!!
It's as stonewall as it gets, I just cannot comprehend how someone with eyes can see that and not give a foul. And then compounds it 2 minutes later by giving the softest fk you'll ever see leading to their goal. It really is soul destroying and will be a big part of why we go down.

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
Beaten one nil and it should have been 4 or 5. As I said thanks for the 6 points this season.
Don’t thank us mate thank the man in the middle.

Should have but wasn’t because your strike force was woeful, as bad as ours hence why you’ll likely fall out the auto race to Derby/Posh and Bolton as it stands.

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
There is a still of it on twitter Grant gets the ball first, actually quite cleanly before Kamara who goes down as he did first half twice.

Hence why Grant reacted as he did at full time. As I said everytime we play these it’s the same. Not sure if they are like it most weeks but that 2-2 they were screaming all game for penalties. Today they did it. Piss weak refereeing.

leedsvaliant

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
There is a still of it on twitter Grant gets the ball first, actually quite cleanly before Kamara who goes down as he did first half twice.

Hence why Grant reacted as he did at full time. As I said everytime we play these it’s the same. Not sure if they are like it most weeks but that 2-2 they were screaming all game for penalties. Today they did it. Piss weak refereeing.
That was clearly out of desperation as they'd ran out of ideas. Arblaster commented about Morrel that he never shuts up. He basically refs the game and tells the referee when there should be a foul. Colby Bishop never shuts up...another cock who thinks he's better than he is. You're a 3rd division player mate. Finally, the keeper winding fans up at the end....they're like 7 year olds. Why do talented footballers have to be such penises?

They got a really soft penalty at their place after we'd outplayed them. I went to the 2-2 game and Marlon Pack I think it was started refereeing the game. They got so many soft free kicks etc.

Southern fannies isn't it?

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
That was clearly out of desperation as they'd ran out of ideas. Arblaster commented about Morrel that he never shuts up. He basically refs the game and tells the referee when there should be a foul. Colby Bishop never shuts up...another cock who thinks he's better than he is. You're a 3rd division player mate. Finally, the keeper winding fans up at the end....they're like 7 year olds. Why do talented footballers have to be such penises?

They got a really soft penalty at their place after we'd outplayed them. I went to the 2-2 game and Marlon Pack I think it was started refereeing the game. They got so many soft free kicks etc.

Southern fannies isn't it?
The one at theirs this season was when Balmer was shoved over and as he fell took their man out. Ridiculous but at that point we were already 1-0 down. At their place last season there was the one that was correct when Ellis took their man out but every single corner Bishop was moaning for a penalty until the referee eventually gave him one.

Imagine they probably have the most in the league given. When your manager played for Graham Westley though I guess you’re going to pick the dark arts up!

Arblaster did mention it when asked if it ever happens, that said imagine Smudge is just as bad with his pinching, smiling and talking he even does it in training!

They got desperate though. They weren’t scoring otherwise and got lucky, we will file the letter with the others and move on. Big game next week against Fleetwood and lose that we are in a spot of bother. Positive is we can be wildly inconsistent so for all the Portsmouth, Carlisle and Barnsley stinkers we’ve usually had a Blackpool, Wigan or Charlton in between.

Expect we will get a big fine though for the pitch invader. If he’d sat in the centre circle instead we could have replayed it! Apparently the fella is in his 60’s! Fair pace on him, should give him a shirt and put him in at Left Wing Back! Bit silly though and he won’t be watching us for a long while, everyone was going ballistic but you have to control yourself there. After all the good PR with the Reading stuff (which oddly Pompey fans online seem unhappy about, not sure why they have an issue with Reading considering their own issues) it’s let us down.

91SPP

Reaction score
Supports
Derby County
Another win, but another extremely poor performance from us. Snapshots of quality won us the game, but the team look like strangers - we seem to be getting worse game-by-game. Unless something drastic happens I'm fairly sure we won't be bothering the automatic places. The play-offs are a lottery and I have no faith that we'll be up to much even if we get there.

A lot can happen, but just don't understand how we are so bad at the moment.

Brox

Reaction score
Supports
Stevenage
Good win for us at Wigan. Showed a lot of heart to twice come back from a goal behind to win the game.

Have to admit I wasn’t too confident going into the game, we’ve struggled this season away against the much bigger clubs, so was definitely pleasing that we showed the character to win when it’d have been easy for heads to drop.

I thought we played quite well, particularly in the second half as well as short spell in the first.

Some interesting personnel changes, no Taye or TVC. A start for White. Thought White and the new guys looked half decent so promising enough.

Arbury

Reaction score
Supports
Cambridge united
0-0 with burton which was probably fair in the end, we didn’t create enough to win it and burton defended really well at times with 10 men, some Wycombe like behaviour though which surprised me especially from a side as physical as burton, the keeper being the biggest culprit.

Thought seddon being sent off was harsh although stupid at the same time, he didn’t need to make the challenge.

Think Harris was trying to make a point to the board with his non substitutions, bringing may on isn’t going to change a thing as he’s just not good enough, kachunga(who runs around a lot but does very little else) for njoku was the obvious choice to everyone bar Harris.

It’s going to be a long end to the season!!

KTF

Arbury

Reaction score
Supports
Cambridge united
Just a neutral here but it looks like the Pompey player gets to the ball with his left leg 1st with your player then taking him out, given where the ref is I can see why he gave it.

KTF

SVH

Reaction score
Supports
Cambridge United
Looking at that I’ve got to say it looks like the Pompey forward gets the touch to take it away from the defender.

The forward definitely bought that penalty though.

YEO YEO YEO

Reaction score
Supports
Lincoln City
Agree with the above, don't think it's as dodgy penalty as the Port Vale fans are banging on about, and not enough to run on the pitch for.

Certain teams it my feel get the rub of the green, but its football. You win some, you lose some. As long as Carlisle, Fleetwood and Co keep losing we all should be fine.

Anyway, it's a new day, meant to be a dry day, get outside and forget about it. Have a good Sunday all.

FarehamPompey

Reaction score
Supports
Portsmouth

It changes direction because Kamara gets his left foot to the ball, and then the Vale player kicks his foot = Penalty

leedsvaliant

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
Just a neutral here but it looks like the Pompey player gets to the ball with his left leg 1st with your player then taking him out, given where the ref is I can see why he gave it.

KTF

It changes direction because Kamara gets his left foot to the ball, and then the Vale player kicks his foot = Penalty
We'll have to agree to disagree on this one
I've seen it from another angle and Grant clearly gets the ball and then the lad throws himself over (which he'd done twice already in the first half, so the ref should have been conscious of that). It wasn't just that decision in isolation....9 out of 10 refs give the foul on Chislett (not sure whether that was a foul to be honest but you can't get away with challenges like that anymore). There was also numerous times when Morrel and Bishop were trying to referee the game. Again, it's happened before with Portsmouth. Decent enough team, full of bell ends though. What was your keeper doing at the end? I don't think he had a save to make all game and then he's giving it the big un. After someone had already come on to try and lamp the ref he does that? As I said, talented enough team but full of bell ends. We're too nice in general....we should be getting in the refs ear, throwing ourselves down at every opportunity, winding up opposition fans but we won't.

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
Agree with the above, don't think it's as dodgy penalty as the Port Vale fans are banging on about, and not enough to run on the pitch for.

Certain teams it my feel get the rub of the green, but its football. You win some, you lose some. As long as Carlisle, Fleetwood and Co keep losing we all should be fine.

Anyway, it's a new day, meant to be a dry day, get outside and forget about it. Have a good Sunday all.
The main anger in the stadium was for the tackle on Chislett first (I didn’t see back the penalty incident at the time which is soft to poor at best, the still from behind shows Grant gets a touch on the ball) and their lad had been diving all game.

The tackle is one of those that in today’s game even though he gets the ball he goes through Chislett on the follow through, in the first half he booked Nathan Smith for an identical tackle. So again where is the consistency? If you give one give the other? There’s far more contact on Chislett than their is Kamara seconds later.

Add to the fact no free kick was given for one of our players having his season ended by being hauled to the floor with his arm in a way it’s completely took it out the shoulder socket and it just sumed up his day.

That said it shouldn’t derail from the fact that yet again Crosby has got it completely wrong by setting us up so negatively against a side in poor form at home and left us asking for trouble which in itself was completely avoidable. It was embarrassing levels of negativity again, it was Portsmouth not Man City, we’d had more of a go at them at their place and it’s driving the fan base away as it’s boring.

We don’t deserve to be in league one if we don’t fancy going toe to toe.

Last edited:

AmberAndy

Reaction score
Supports
Cambridge United
Tight game as expected against Burton. Cambridge played the football, but the Brewers were resolute in defence and we didn’t have the guile to unlock them, despite overwhelming possession. Seddon’s sending off was stupid and deserved and some of Burton’s ‘tactics’ were very Wycombe-sequel. Their keeper was something else and should have been sent off for his outrageous play acting and to add to the annoyance he made a match winning save deep into injury time. Point is a point, but that was definitely 2 dropped by us.

Luke Imp

Reaction score
Supports
Lincoln City
Anyone seeing the ITV highlights show tonight will wonder how the ref has missed our penalty shout.

When the opposition manager says your team should have had a pen, then you know it's a bad decision.

Still, another apology letter will be just what we need to help us get out of the relegation zone!!
We've had Warne and Ferguson in consecutive weeks and it won't surprise you that we've had two different takes from very similar games.

Warne - we were poor, didn't do enough but Lincoln caused us problems and deserved at least a point.
Ferguson - our worst performance of the season, terrible, Lincoln celebrated like they'd won the Cup.

:lol:

Luke Imp

Reaction score
Supports
Lincoln City
I'm also struggling to see Vale's issue with the penalty or the challenge before that.

The attacker has slowed his run down to make sure he gets caught but it's a penalty and there's doesn't look anything wrong with the challenge beforehand either and seems a clean tackle from the camera angle.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hudders

Latest posts

Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!