Saturday 2nd October

chipmunx

Reaction score
Supports
Barrow AFC
I mean we do have some excuses, ie playing strikers in defence and a huge injury list but we are pretty shit nevertheless.
we had 3 defenders 3 midfield and 2 strikers missing too...

RLC

Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere Rovers
I thought we were much the better side and deserved to win the game today. Crawley had opportunities on the break, but we generally played the better football and should really have put the game to bed early in the second half, when we missed two or three good chances.

Crawley's equaliser was a bit of a smash and grab, albeit we could have thrown the game away completely a few minutes later, when their striker blazed over from ten yards.

We look a far better side now than three weeks ago: fit, well balanced and a threat down both flanks. We are still too profligate in front of goal, and none of the strikers is scoring regularly, but perhaps that does not matter if the defence remains so solid.

Nest up, Friday night football returns to Prenton Park for the visit of Colchester.

Bone Idle

Reaction score
Supports
Newport County
3-0 but not as easy as it looks! scunthorpe played well for large parts of the game but without really bothering our keeper, went 1 up after 5 mins but huffed and puffed for the rest of the half until telford hit the woodwork in time added on, second half started much the same with scunthorpe bossing the midfield and it took a screamer from baker-richardson to settle us down we were the better team after that and telford made it 3 with a well deserved goal for his all round performance, not a bad game though i enjoyed it.

Conker

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield Town FC
Twitter
@CONKS__
So our one and only centre back available, got sent off today……. we might have two strikers, a left winger and Hewitt for our defence in our next game.

Soup Ladle

Reaction score
Supports
Hartlepool
All our strikers are non league bar Tyler Burey and he's a winger

It is pitiful we wouldn't pay a bit more for the likes of Bennett, Oates, Armstrong yet probably have the combined wages of two with the numbers we have. Two of them wanted to play for us.

At least if you're strikers are shite, do something on set pieces, they are consistently awful but we at least tried a couple of new routines today

Jamie Reid and List took the piss at times out of Byrne and Angol with limited chances. That is the gap in quality between the two leagues. We huff and puff but there's no quality to break sides down. And you can't consistently rely on our back 5 to keep you a clean sheet

Holohan and Burey are huge misses but this is the fault of the chairman and his short-sightedness.

Perspective, 12th in L2, we'd have taken it but the next 8 or 10 games are tough on paper, could be a different look to the table at that point if we're not careful.

Conker

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield Town FC
Twitter
@CONKS__

It is pitiful we wouldn't pay a bit more for the likes of Bennett, Oates, Armstrong yet probably have the combined wages of two with the numbers we have. Two of them wanted to play for us.

At least if you're strikers are shite, do something on set pieces, they are consistently awful but we at least tried a couple of new routines today

Jamie Reid and List took the piss at times out of Byrne and Angol with limited chances. That is the gap in quality between the two leagues. We huff and puff but there's no quality to break sides down. And you can't consistently rely on our back 5 to keep you a clean sheet

Holohan and Burey are huge misses but this is the fault of the chairman and his short-sightedness.

Perspective, 12th in L2, we'd have taken it but the next 8 or 10 games are tough on paper, could be a different look to the table at that point if we're not careful.

Oates is non-league standard, plenty of power and that but his head is always looking at the floor.

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
Just seen the message, dick head. Looks about 12 and should never set foot in Vale Park again, the Shanahans have done wonders to turn this club around into a family club, so much my daughter saw her first win today and dicks like this bring that down.

We won the game, he got his karma for the taunts what was the point in that. Really brain dead.

Good to see Valiants at least apologising to Vigoroux and calling him out. I expect the club won’t tolerate that at all.

AdamStag

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield Town
God were in trouble.

Barrow were absolutely hopeless, they had not one bit of skill about them, a bunch of cloggers who played football from the dark ages.

And they totally deserved their win, we didn’t lay a glove on them, we’ve absolutely nothing about us at all, i can’t try to explain just how bad we are.

We’ve a real chance of going down

AdamStag

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield Town
Oates is non-league standard, plenty of power and that but his head is always looking at the floor.

as it stands we’re going down.

Soup Ladle

Reaction score
Supports
Hartlepool
Thought you were playing him at CAM? Thats the thing with Oates and his record, you do wonder if he'd do it in L2 but I reckon he'd score a few paired up with a poacher type. And he created quite a few goals not only just by running at the defence. Maybe we got the best out of him for a while but he's a miss.

Chief Rocka

Reaction score
Supports
Hartlepool

We've been fucked over with the extremely late finish to the National League as we all know, I'd imagine every target that DC wanted to play upfront this season went elsewhere, it's why we've had to panic buy our forward line, Cullen was signed after half a pre season game in which he went off injured, Olomola on the back of scoring five past a jumpers for goalposts team, Goodwin is just a kid but his confidence in front of goal is shot to pieces, Fondop is just a mental c***, overhead kicks one week and poleaxing keepers WWE style the next, I don't even think that Cook exists.

AdamStag

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield Town
Thought you were playing him at CAM? Thats the thing with Oates and his record, you do wonder if he'd do it in L2 but I reckon he'd score a few paired up with a poacher type. And he created quite a few goals not only just by running at the defence. Maybe we got the best out of him for a while but he's a miss.

The problem being is with clough is for all the “pedigree” he’s got, he’s signed terrible players, he plays players out of position and his subs are terrible/non existent

Conker

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield Town FC
Twitter
@CONKS__

He’s been given the chance to play upfront too, alongside Bowery today and Danny Johnson. His head is always down, it’s a shame because he’s got good physical attributes. He actually nearly scored today purely by chasing the goalkeeper down, but overall he’s lacking quality when it matters.

Soup Ladle

Reaction score
Supports
Hartlepool
We've been fucked over with the extremely late finish to the National League as we all know, I'd imagine every target that DC wanted to play upfront this season went elsewhere, it's why we've had to panic buy our forward line, Cullen was signed after half a pre season game in which he went off injured, Olomola on the back of scoring five past a jumpers for goalposts team, Goodwin is just a kid but his confidence in front of goal is shot to pieces, Fondop is just a mental c***, overhead kicks one week and poleaxing keepers WWE style the next, I don't even think that Cook exists.
Fondop isn't very good but you know what I'd give him another chance. Molyneux is not gonna work, you need more of a box player to pair him off. He hasn't had a single shot since his Higuita moment and that isn't what you want mind. Goodwin I think is a decent player but possibly loaned out a level too high.

You're right about the lack of time but i don't totally buy it- you've got three forwards there who showed desire to stay/come, all better than the barrel scrapers we have, club riding a crest of the wave, atmosphere around the club best possibly ever, take advantage of that, spend a bit more, more season tickets, more people will come. You're getting a million just from being here. That would've been known well before Ashton Gate.

We did the same thing last year, get cheap forwards then rectify in Jan. Hopefully history repeats itself. We might need it.

Soz

Reaction score
Supports
PV
Somehow it's 3-2 vale, first I've heard the vale fans sing all day.
somehow?

should have been about 3-0 at half time.

you had one shot. it would have been a travesty at 1-1 nevermind 1-2.

Sucks for you to be winning in the 90th minute at lose, but you got exactly what you deserved today, depsite the refs help too.

Chief Rocka

Reaction score
Supports
Hartlepool
Fondop isn't very good but you know what I'd give him another chance. Molyneux is not gonna work, you need more of a box player to pair him off. He hasn't had a single shot since his Higuita moment and that isn't what you want mind. Goodwin I think is a decent player but possibly loaned out a level too high.

You're right about the lack of time but i don't totally buy it- you've got three forwards there who showed desire to stay/come, all better than the barrel scrapers we have, club riding a crest of the wave, atmosphere around the club best possibly ever, take advantage of that, spend a bit more, more season tickets, more people will come. You're getting a million just from being here. That would've been known well before Ashton Gate.

We did the same thing last year, get cheap forwards then rectify in Jan. Hopefully history repeats itself. We might need it.

I don't think Armstrong was ever going to happen personally, despite what he may of said during his loan spell, he was on mega wages and Salford were due a fee, the type only Betty's Team Room could afford.

I do think we probably tried to underpay Richie Bennett who after having his Stockport contract terminated before the season had finished, looked like an absolute certainty to sign for us.

We're gonna have dips in form and our home form won't last forever, third bottom is the still the aim, just survive and rebuild next season.

AdamStag

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield Town
He’s been given the chance to play upfront too, alongside Bowery today and Danny Johnson. His head is always down, it’s a shame because he’s got good physical attributes. He actually nearly scored today purely by chasing the goalkeeper down, but overall he’s lacking quality when it matters.

we’re going down.

AdamStag

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield Town
I don’t think it’s that bad yet, but I do suspect we are in for a long season again.

Fair.

the only benefit we’ve got is an amazing keeper, barrow should have been out of sight before halftime,

Why would we keep getting beaten at the far post time in time out though? why does this keep happening? what’s going on in training?

The defence is weak as piss and prone to a complete disaster, the midfield is as weak as the french army and crosses going in without no-one there as the only one who’d score them is playing in defence.

It’s so ridiculous it’s hard to believe

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
Finally home, still buzzing and what a game that was.

First half we were absolutely dominant and watching the chances back on the highlights it’s crazy we were not out of sight. Procs should of had a hatrick! We tore Orient apart down their left hand side and got loads of joy down there.

Second half credit to Orient they improved without really threatening us too much and their equaliser felt a real sucker punch, lucky own goal off a cross.

We probed again and Amoo came on and caused them problems but a long range daisy cutter found it’s way through and looked like we had lost it late on. Vigoroux starting giving the paddock stick and apparently Harry Smith was giving verbals to the Lorne Street which led to some unsavoury scenes, but that seemed to fire us up.

Politic came on but it was Amoo with a lovely cut back in injury time for him to drill home, take a point but frustrating that we hadn’t won it only for Wozza to not give up on a lost cause and Procs fires home probably the hardest chance he’d had all game!

Pandemonium in the stands, not had mentals like that in a long time and felt a fully deserved win.

Got to be honest I thought the atmosphere was ok, especially with the rain and couldn’t hear their fans so maybe the conditions affected the noise.

Felt like the ghost of the Tranmere game was put to bed after being on the receiving end of that last season which we never ever recovered from.

We’ve now beaten the other four teams in the top 5 and looked in fairness better in each game so it bodes well but wary of excitement after last season (we actually had a point more at this stage) but we do look a better side than last year, with a good manager that is fighting for each other so can be optimistic.

A kinder run of fixtures now which is traditional banana skin time for Vale so will learn a lot over the coming weeks.

Pleasing though that we can bring on players of the calibre of Politic, Benning, Rodney and Amoo who can barely get a sniff at a start at the moment.

Stringy

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield
God were in trouble.

Barrow were absolutely hopeless, they had not one bit of skill about them, a bunch of cloggers who played football from the dark ages.

And they totally deserved their win, we didn’t lay a glove on them, we’ve absolutely nothing about us at all, i can’t try to explain just how bad we are.

We’ve a real chance of going down

I reckon you're doing Barrow a disservice there. While we were crap and dark arts indeed, they could play too.

AdamStag

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield Town
I reckon you're doing Barrow a disservice there. While we were crap and dark arts indeed, they could play too.

That’s also fair, the movement had they uptop was much better than the lumbering movement we had which was tired and predictable.

As said in the original post, they should have been 2 up at half time.

Randolph Haggerty

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
We were chanting all game mate, vale fans were silent for 89 minutes.

Right result today though, annoying from our view to lose from being 2-1 up going into injury time, but result aside I thought the vale were embarrassingly quiet.
Mate....
I was in the boxes right next to you lot, aside from when you equalised you were quiet.
The bizarre reasoning for sticking the away fans right in that corner is not a help, the noise may not carry down there but I thought atmosphere was fantastic.
I brought a stoke fan with me today and even he was surprised.
On the game, we smashed 1st 45, should’ve been 2/3 up.
You did us 2nd 45...and were good value for your lead.
That final 5 minutes will live long in the memory, tremendous.
I’m writing this from A&E as I think I’ve fractured my arm celebrating the winner.
Told the wife I’m staying out for a few, eessshh, I’m really old enough to know better

Boz

Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere Rovers
Another injury to a centre half!

Not at the game so no comment but a half fit Tony Craig comes on in the 13th minute and we concede two headed goals!

This season us beginning to annoy me.

Casey
Our first goal created by some great skill from Morris, then inviting cross and glancing header. Unsure that it was an easy goal to defend.

After your equaliser which showed up some defensive frailties of our own, there might be more questions about the Rovers winner. Point blank header from a corner well-saved by the keeper but comes back to Clarke who didn’t seem to be challenged as he headed home.

Mostly agree with RLCs assessment though I saw it as a closer game and not a great gulf between the sides. Rovers are definitely improving though.

LS Bantam

Reaction score
Supports
Bradford City
The definition of League 2 today, plenty of effort zero quality - the finishing in the game was laughable. Both sides had their moments where they should’ve scored but didn’t. Stops the rot for us at least but much improvement needed.

Conker

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield Town FC
Twitter
@CONKS__
Fair.

the only benefit we’ve got is an amazing keeper, barrow should have been out of sight before halftime,

Why would we keep getting beaten at the far post time in time out though? why does this keep happening? what’s going on in training?

The defence is weak as piss and prone to a complete disaster, the midfield is as weak as the french army and crosses going in without no-one there as the only one who’d score them is playing in defence.

It’s so ridiculous it’s hard to believe

You’ve got to take in to account we played with a striker and a left winger in defence today, but yeah we have zero idea how to defend set-pieces I’ve been tempted to do a tally chart for free headers in our own box it’s embarrassing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ben192
Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!