Saturday 2nd October

Stringy

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield
You’ve got to take in to account we played with a striker and a left winger in defence today, but yeah we have zero idea how to defend set-pieces I’ve been tempted to do a tally chart for free headers in our own box it’s embarrassing.

It's very difficult. The defence is so poor. That thing with Elliott Hewitt for example heading it back and the Barrow player pouncing on it to get Rawson sent off can't be solved easily. It's unlucky but mostly a real lack of quality that leads to the goal. However, I must also question what is being coached each week since we don't appear to be improving at all defensively. Those corners were causing way more havoc than they should to any respectable team.

Indian Dan

‘Absolute calamity!’
Reaction score
Supports
Swindon
I’m still at a complete loss as to why we are unable to score in any first half (bar 1) this season, yet in virtually every 2nd half we actually up the tempo, look half decent and create chances. What the fuck Garner’s plan is regards first halves is anyone’s guess.

Weird.

AdamStag

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield Town
It's very difficult. The defence is so poor. That thing with Elliott Hewitt for example heading it back and the Barrow player pouncing on it to get Rawson sent off can't be solved easily. It's unlucky but mostly a real lack of quality that leads to the goal. However, I must also question what is being coached each week since we don't appear to be improving at all defensively. Those corners were causing way more havoc than they should to any respectable team.

but the problem being is why is elliott hewitt there. he’s crap. he’s not a league footballer? he’s been in a side relegated twice in the next 2 years, cut to the chase the lads shit.

Why is he playing? why was he signed? what was seen in him? as if someone watched him and thought he was of a league standard.

The constant chaos when we defend is a massive concern, whereas i admire clough massively i can’t understand how this has been allowed to happen, he’s had 2 transfer windows and if anything we’ve gone backwards.

kieran_vale

Reaction score
Supports
Vale / New England Patriots
Although ultimately I think we were good value for the win I can also see based on the second half why Orient have done so well and nothing changes for them on that score. Big, tough and physical. Sometimes I think they were pushing the boundaries with what were rather similar to rugby tackles but the ref was being quite lenient all game so probably played according to that. Orient will be up there all season.

In the cold light of day I guess DC will be focusing on the fact we should have been out of sight first half. On the positive side the strength off the bench that we have I think measures up as well as anything in this league. After going 2-1 down thinking back to last season there is no way we would have come back into it either so this just speaks to the character of those players signed and the ones who are still here from last season.

Haven’t seen any clip of it but apparently DC was breaking out the knee slide after our winner as he mentioned he’d apologised to Jackett for his celebration.

Last edited:

Gassy

Reaction score
Supports
Bristol Rovers
Well deserved 3-1 win. Rovers were woeful. The worst team we played last season and no better this.

We might have saved Rovers’ season if Barton gets sacked after that. He’s clueless.
Been told he has 100% backing after the game ffs.

Thought the game was even until our goal, after that we were awful and we were completely dominated. I didn’t see the 2nd half as we went out (thank god) but I was listening.

From what I’ve seen/heard though I guess finishing will still be an massive issue for you lot? You scored the 1 goal, the 2nd was a penalty and the third was a fluke fumble from our GK?

If we’d have drawn that, it would have been an absolute steal!

Soz

Reaction score
Supports
PV
We were chanting all game mate, vale fans were silent for 89 minutes.

Right result today though, annoying from our view to lose from being 2-1 up going into injury time, but result aside I thought the vale were embarrassingly quiet.

you were chanting all game?!

i mean if we were quiet what does that say about the away end? couldn't hear you over people unscrewing their flasks

AdamStag

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield Town

Thought the game was even until our goal, after that we were awful and we were completely dominated. I didn’t see the 2nd half as we went out (thank god) but I was listening.

From what I’ve seen/heard though I guess finishing will still be an massive issue for you lot? You scored the 1 goal, the 2nd was a penalty and the third was a fluke fumble from our GK?

He’s never going to have respect of players though is he? he’s a fraud.

Mansfield are in bother we we can’t get rid of clough it would be a disaster, you’d be better off to fuck him off while you’re still in touch, you’ve every chance to catch up

The Terminator

Reaction score
Supports
Leyton Orient
Ultimately got punished for the first half today, granted Port Vale did play well but we didn't match them in that first half and really had they taken their chances we'd have been playing for pride second half.

I was pleased with our response second half though which was enough IMO not to be too downhearted about the end result, we punished Port Vale for not taking their chances. The introduction of Paul Smyth caused Port Vale alot of problems down their right side. So very nearly stole another win there, but Dan Happe who had a poor game I thought was barged off the ball too easily for the Vale second goal rather than just playing it safe. Once that went in you could sense another could follow which it ultimately did.

The loss of Alex Mitchell on the right side of our back 3 had too much of impact on our overall game IMO - We played a left footed played in Shad Ogie on the right and he struggled at times with the balance. Tom James played well for us too - amazed he wasn't banned after a mix up with yellow cards, he's banned next week now!

Indian Dan

‘Absolute calamity!’
Reaction score
Supports
Swindon

Thought Wael would/should have jumped at the chance to get rid of him with no compo to pay. There’s seemed no game plan from you at all. At least we know what to expect from our lot - I’m not that keen on it as it seems to suck the life out of games.

I know a lot of Gasheads are predicting relegation, but I don’t think it will get that bad - just another meh season. We’re on Sky next Saturday v FGR with 4/5 players missing through international call ups. Can’t call it off apparently. Needed their approval but, understandably, they declined.

AdamStag

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield Town
Thought Wael would/should have jumped at the chance to get rid of him with no compo to pay. There’s seemed no game plan from you at all. At least we know what to expect from our lot - I’m not that keen on it as it seems to suck the life out of games.

I know a lot of Gasheads are predicting relegation, but I don’t think it will get that bad - just another meh season. We’re on Sky next Saturday v FGR with 4/5 players missing through international call ups. Can’t call it off apparently. Needed their approval but, understandably, they declined.

why would that club do that.

I do love how when vince came to mansfield we served him and the FG board a meat only menu, and continue to do so when they come here.

I wholeheartedly agree with the approach

Indian Dan

‘Absolute calamity!’
Reaction score
Supports
Swindon
Apparently we asked the EFL andFGR if we could call it off but FGR declined. Sky screw clubs down when they are picked for live TV but I think we only get £10,000 next week.

Hardly seems worth it.

AdamStag

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield Town
Apparently we asked the EFL andFGR if we could call it off but FGR declined. Sky screw clubs down when they are picked for live TV but I think we only get £10,000 next week.

Hardly seems worth it.

We got picked against oldham when we were going for promotion when flitcroft was in the throes of fucking it up (shock horror) as paul scholes was the manager and they were having a right wank over it, all of a sudden scholes got wind that oldham was a bag egg and fucked off - sky had no game to promote and we couldn’t have been any less of an inconvenience if we tried.

Andy Proctor

Reaction score
Supports
port vale
Vale were the better side today should have been 2 or 3 up at half time. Missing chances could be what costs us promotion. I think garrity going off injured for Taylor is what made us struggle second half as Taylor won't tackle. When he came on at Scunthorpe we played crap as well. I'm glad we won and makes a change we scored late goals instead of them being against us. I think both sides will finish top 7 but doubt either will make top 3.

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
Although ultimately I think we were good value for the win I can also see based on the second half why Orient have done so well and nothing changes for them on that score. Big, tough and physical. Sometimes I think they were pushing the boundaries with what were rather similar to rugby tackles but the ref was being quite lenient all game so probably played according to that. Orient will be up there all season.

In the cold light of day I guess DC will be focusing on the fact we should have been out of sight first half. On the positive side the strength off the bench that we have I think measures up as well as anything in this league. After going 2-1 down thinking back to last season there is no way we would have come back into it either so this just speaks to the character of those players signed and the ones who are still here from last season.

Haven’t seen any clip of it but apparently DC was breaking out the knee slide after our winner as he mentioned he’d apologised to Jackett for his celebration.

Love the Dazzler. He’s passion but grounded… we could be 50 points clear and he’d tell us to stay grounded!

Love the scenes of the celebrations after the third! Harry Smith chasing Covolan as he legs the length of the pitch to celebrate is funny. Think he got some stick of the lads for his celebrations after their second too!

I guess whilst I’m frustrated we didn’t take chances and be 3 or 4 up at half time Yates made a point after the game on the radio that this will probably do us far more good, the buzz and the fact we’ve had to dig out a result through character than if we’d gone in well ahead and cruised out a comfortable win. That said we can’t rely on digging ourselves out like that and we lost to Rochdale after similar domination early in the game where we paid for missed chances.

Only negative is Garrity as he’s been outstanding so hopefully not a long lay off. Not sure what their players were moaning about when he’s clearly done his hammy!

Orient did well second half without creating a lot but did go over the top with the physicality, the referee gave them loads second half when we tried to wrestle back especially against Procs, and their lad on a yellow was very very lucky first half not to get another when Wilson robbed him and was taken down as he was about to go through. Some off the ball stuff which he missed a bit (although got one poleaxe right eventually).

We are clinical finishing away from a promotion outfit. Can we find it? Have to see although Wilson and Proctor seem to be gelling.

denzel ecfc

Reaction score
Supports
Exeter City

Hardly seems worth it.
I thought the rule was 3?

Seems ridiculous that

Back in the DHSS

Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere Rovers
I thought we were much the better side and deserved to win the game today. Crawley had opportunities on the break, but we generally played the better football and should really have put the game to bed early in the second half, when we missed two or three good chances.

Crawley's equaliser was a bit of a smash and grab, albeit we could have thrown the game away completely a few minutes later, when their striker blazed over from ten yards.

We look a far better side now than three weeks ago: fit, well balanced and a threat down both flanks. We are still too profligate in front of goal, and none of the strikers is scoring regularly, but perhaps that does not matter if the defence remains so solid.

Nest up, Friday night football returns to Prenton Park for the visit of Colchester.

I agree, I thought we looked the better team. But the result could of been so much different with the scores at 1-1, Crawley go and miss an absolute sitter.
Kieron Morris’s feet were on fire today, could of had 3 or 4 assists to his name. Unlucky not to get MOM.
Slowly but steadily Tranmere are improving and the team has a good shape about it. Onwards and upwards.

Greenacres

Reaction score
Supports
Forest Green Rovers
why would that club do that.

I do love how when vince came to mansfield we served him and the FG board a meat only menu, and continue to do so when they come here.

I wholeheartedly agree with the approach
Funny isn't it, whenever I invite people round for dinner I ask them if there is anything they can't or don't eat, then make sure that I don't include anything they mentioned in whatever I cook for them...I consider that to be something a good host should do, but maybe that is just me, I want visitors to have an enjoyable evening and feel they have been made welcome in my home.

Gassy

Reaction score
Supports
Bristol Rovers
He’s never going to have respect of players though is he? he’s a fraud.

Mansfield are in bother we we can’t get rid of clough it would be a disaster, you’d be better off to fuck him off while you’re still in touch, you’ve every chance to catch up
Well he signed 80% of them, so I assume they like him? A few worked with him already too. There is a good squad in there, I do believe it - but it’s 1 good game and 3 shite ones.

I have to say, I really thought Clough would have pushed you on this year to finally go up. Any ideas what’s going on?

Barton said today to Wael (apparently) that if he doesn’t think he’s the man then he’ll leave - comp free (according to Barton). Which is where Wael said he’s fully behind him.

I feel like Barton is benefiting from us sacking so many managers in recent years, which is understandable. I think you said not too long ago, ‘at some point you’ll have to stick by someone’. But how long do you wait?

I don’t think we’ll go down tbf, but I said that last season at Christmas so you never know. We do seem to beat the teams worse than us though, which at least suggests we’re not relegation fodder - yet.

Trapdoor

Reaction score
Supports
Exeter
Wael is a cnut for not sacking him off months ago.

saddler78

Reaction score
Supports
walsall
That game should have been over by half time the amount of chances we missed when we decided to wake up and play that said would have took a point before the game Miller has been good for us so far 4 goals in a month since joining i know some on here said he was crap when we signed him but he always looks a threat.

Razzmachaz

Reaction score
Supports
Leyton Orient
Can't remember highs and lows occurring in quick succession like that in a long while. Seemingly an 87th minute winner and what would have been a very impressive away result followed by two goals against in the 91st and 93rd minute. That defeat stung today. Still, I think we are capable of moving on quickly from this and I still fancy us for a good haul of points against Barrow and home to Hartlepool.

AdamStag

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield Town
Funny isn't it, whenever I invite people round for dinner I ask them if there is anything they can't or don't eat, then make sure that I don't include anything they mentioned in whatever I cook for them...I consider that to be something a good host should do, but maybe that is just me, I want visitors to have an enjoyable evening and feel they have been made welcome in my home.

well have you have people round for “tea” (the only time you have dinner is on a sunday) you allow them to make a decision rather than forcing it on them, but as your chairman follows that veggie crap and doesn’t give a meat option to fans or the board it was only right the pleasantries were returned.

Though if you wish to post your to your chairman please feel free to do so

AdamStag

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield Town
Well he signed 80% of them, so I assume they like him? A few worked with him already too. There is a good squad in there, I do believe it - but it’s 1 good game and 3 shite ones.

I have to say, I really thought Clough would have pushed you on this year to finally go up. Any ideas what’s going on?

Barton said today to Wael (apparently) that if he doesn’t think he’s the man then he’ll leave - comp free (according to Barton). Which is where Wael said he’s fully behind him.

I feel like Barton is benefiting from us sacking so many managers in recent years, which is understandable. I think you said not too long ago, ‘at some point you’ll have to stick by someone’. But how long do you wait?

I don’t think we’ll go down tbf, but I said that last season at Christmas so you never know. We do seem to beat the teams worse than us though, which at least suggests we’re not relegation fodder - yet.

fuck knows, on the face of it neither of us should be where we are, but yet we are.

Having an entire defence out isn’t helping us much.

Trapdoor

Reaction score
Supports
Exeter
Point of order - tea is a drink. Or if used in context of "high tea" can mean afternoon sandwiches and cakes accompanied by tea.

Dinner is the main evening meal, I will also accept "supper" if its after 8:30pm and you are poor.

Boz

Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere Rovers
I agree, I thought we looked the better team. But the result could of been so much different with the scores at 1-1, Crawley go and miss an absolute sitter.
Kieron Morris’s feet were on fire today, could of had 3 or 4 assists to his name. Unlucky not to get MOM.
Slowly but steadily Tranmere are improving and the team has a good shape about it. Onwards and upwards.
Totally agree regarding Morris. Kieron's a confidence player and it's great that he's back under a manager he trusts in Micky after being a bit-part player last season. Does much better in a more advanced role than wing-back too.

AdamStag

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield Town
Point of order - tea is a drink. Or if used in context of "high tea" can mean afternoon sandwiches and cakes accompanied by tea.

Dinner is the main evening meal, I will also accept "supper" if its after 8:30pm and you are poor.

i guess everyone’s different (or wrong)

I’m quite happy to have breakfast lunch and tea.

Dinner is on a sunday.

also i’d have a sausage cob for breakfast.

In the grand scheme things if the food is served is decent i couldn’t give a flying fuck, if the food was belting they could call it a dog shut sandwich for all i care

AdamStag

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield Town
F**king northerners. Speak English man!

love you too haha.

If my mother ever thought i’d turned soft or southern she’d have give me a slap bless her

Last edited:

Sydney Posse

Reaction score
Supports
Exeter
That game should have been over by half time the amount of chances we missed when we decided to wake up and play that said would have took a point before the game Miller has been good for us so far 4 goals in a month since joining i know some on here said he was crap when we signed him but he always looks a threat.
You guys were very unlucky today. Definitely deserved to win. We weren’t at the races for large periods of the game. Your position in the table did not reflect how you played today

The Terminator

Reaction score
Supports
Leyton Orient
Is Conor Wilkinson injured already? He's one of those players that has got to stay fit to find any sort of decent form.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bantamshell
Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!