Saturday 4th September

RiftHouseLad

Reaction score
Supports
Hartlepool
It was the quality of our bench which got us the victory today, which I think was deserved in the end.

It was basically a midfield stalemate for 60 minutes: Hartlepool put a lot of decent balls into our box, but Joe Murphy did not have a save to make in the entire game. Pools lost their attacking threat when Burey went off, whereas we were revitalised by MacManaman and Hawkes in the final twenty minutes. Hartlepool visibly tired and our winner was not a great surprise when it arrived.

I think Mellon knows the 532 does not really suit us, but has played five at the back while we have been struggling for gaols purely to allow us to grind out a result like today's. Hopefully we will turn the corner now, because there is certainly enough quality in the squad to move up the table.
Put those rose tinted glasses back in the case, your going to need a hard hat.

RLC

Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere Rovers
Wasn't deserved at all. Hit the post, cleared off the line, scuffed shots in good positions, balls right across the box time again. In what way deserved? Yes better side last 15 when Hawkes inevitably comes on and clothes lines us but we should've been 2 or 3 up by that time. Completely pissed the points away.
It is a game of opinions.

Your right back hit the post, but how many difficult saves did our keeper have to make ? Zero. Scuffed shots are not efforts on goal.

We put 37 crosses into the box at Scunthorpe last week, some of them very good ones, but we did not deserve anything from the game.

RLC

Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere Rovers
Tranmere were never on top, If certain players decide not to gamble on getting into the 6yard box while the ball is out wide, then they need to take a long hard look at themselves.
Giveing away a needless corner(Led to the goal) in the last minute when the player was facing the corner flag
Is kids football.
Pools by far the better team, A very hard lesson will have been learned today.
We were certainly on top in the last twenty minutes.

Soup Ladle

Reaction score
Supports
Hartlepool
It is a game of opinions.

Your right back hit the post, but how many difficult saves did our keeper have to make ? Zero. Scuffed shots are not efforts on goal.

We put 37 crosses into the box at Scunthorpe last week, some of them very good ones, but we did not deserve anything from the game.

Everyone has their opinion, but yours must be on a different game than the one we saw out there.

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
I don’t really know how to even analyse our game other than it’s a game with basic defending we’d have won, the three goals were absolute howlers to concede and so unlike us this season, Leggey playing we don’t concede the two headers that’s for sure.

First 20 minutes we carried on from the FGR and midweek performance and absolutely took Rochdale apart and should have had 3 or 4, Proctor missing an open goal summed it up.

They score out of nothing and we just stop playing. The superb football from the first twenty turned into a hot potato and we couldn’t keep the ball.

Second half we change it with two subs and go 4-4-2, not sure why, not sure why Jones goes off or Garrity but Rodney comes on has a stinker, we look comfortable though but another cross that’s travelled 40 yards and another howler with a free header from a few yards out.

Push on score the equaliser a few minutes later and think let’s go for it now but DC makes an immediate change and takes Wilson off for a midfielder!

Then we concede arguably the worst of the three simple long ball and their lad is in acres for score.

Hugely disappointing, had a superb service pre game for those who died during the pandemic, raucous atmosphere with a great start and absolutely threw it away, as I say score twice at home you should win, defend like a half decent pub side and you win that.

Not sure changing systems multiple times in the game was ideal with the overhaul this summer and a couple were really off it today, Martin and Rodney especially.

Radio after was a huge inquest into it and can’t argue with much that was said, money spent we expect to be better than that but maybe this is the transition but it’s hard to understand the chalk and cheese performance from last week or even the superb first twenty minutes to the rest.

Only positive is that Proctor at least looks the real deal this season.

Andy Proctor

Reaction score
Supports
port vale
I've come to the conclusion that if you have no support then you piss this league. Whereas if you have half decent support you get relegated and end up in the national league and never come back.

Chief Rocka

Reaction score
Supports
Hartlepool
Ah, that old chestnut......

Come on, a deserved win though? You were on top after the Hawkes sub absolutely but offered nothing before then, it was because of our failings in front of your goal that you won, we've had quality balls roll along your 6 yard box that none of our lot had the ability or positional nous to get on the end of, we're playing a winger and a kid with 5 EFL games under his belt, an experienced poacher today would've had us out of sight and your goal would've been a consolation, it wasn't to be though, well done on the three points, a kick in the nuts for us and hopefully a lesson learned sooner rather than later.

Andy Proctor

Reaction score
Supports
port vale
I don’t really know how to even analyse our game other than it’s a game with basic defending we’d have won, the three goals were absolute howlers to concede and so unlike us this season, Leggey playing we don’t concede the two headers that’s for sure.

First 20 minutes we carried on from the FGR and midweek performance and absolutely took Rochdale apart and should have had 3 or 4, Proctor missing an open goal summed it up.

They score out of nothing and we just stop playing. The superb football from the first twenty turned into a hot potato and we couldn’t keep the ball.

Second half we change it with two subs and go 4-4-2, not sure why, not sure why Jones goes off or Garrity but Rodney comes on has a stinker, we look comfortable though but another cross that’s travelled 40 yards and another howler with a free header from a few yards out.

Push on score the equaliser a few minutes later and think let’s go for it now but DC makes an immediate change and takes Wilson off for a midfielder!

Then we concede arguably the worst of the three simple long ball and their lad is in acres for score.

Hugely disappointing, had a superb service pre game for those who died during the pandemic, raucous atmosphere with a great start and absolutely threw it away, as I say score twice at home you should win, defend like a half decent pub side and you win that.

Not sure changing systems multiple times in the game was ideal with the overhaul this summer and a couple were really off it today, Martin and Rodney especially.

Radio after was a huge inquest into it and can’t argue with much that was said, money spent we expect to be better than that but maybe this is the transition but it’s hard to understand the chalk and cheese performance from last week or even the superb first twenty minutes to the rest.

Clarke is at fault for the game there was no need to make the 2 changes at half time. Rodney is a cart horse I wouldnt even have him run the line. Give it a month and it will be Clarke out.

RLC

Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere Rovers
Come on, a deserved win though? You were on top after the Hawkes sub absolutely but offered nothing before then, it was because of our failings in front of your goal that you won, we've had quality balls roll along your 6 yard box that none of our lot had the ability or positional nous to get on the end of, we're playing a winger and a kid with 5 EFL games under his belt, an experienced poacher today would've had us out of sight and your goal would've been a consolation, it wasn't to be though, well done on the three points, a kick in the nuts for us and hopefully a lesson learned sooner rather than later.
But your failings in front of goal are all part of your performance are not they, and arguably why you did not deserve to win ? The same as ours were at Scunthorpe last week. A ball rolling across the box without an attacking player within thirty yards of it, is not a genuine chance in my book.

I honestly thought it was a fifty-fifty game which neither side deserved to win, prior to the last twenty minutes

Attila the hun

Reaction score
Supports
Oldham
I didn't think we looked a poor side by any stretch - no team would have had to look good to beat you today.
Absolutely Bara we are up shit creek without a paddle we missed a good chance at 0-0 fresh air shot. Then 2 good saves by your keeper before half time so for us to create 3 chances you must be poor did you go ? Thought your fans were good today made plenty of noise all game Sorry if I sound bitter but I’ve had enough after 53 yrs going I won’t be setting foot in the place while those two own the club away games only for me now

Sestonpoolie

Reaction score
Supports
Hartlepool
But your failings in front of goal are all part of your performance are not they, and arguably why you did not deserve to win ? The same as ours were at Scunthorpe last week. A ball rolling across the box without an attacking player within thirty yards of it, is not a genuine chance in my book.

I honestly thought it was a fifty-fifty game which neither side deserved to win, prior to the last twenty minutes
You were on top for the last ten minutes & fair play,you scored with your only chance p,we didn’t.
But if you think the first half was 50/50, your in cloud cuckoo land.

Chief Rocka

Reaction score
Supports
Hartlepool

So you honestly thought the first 70 minutes of that game were even?

Agombar stool

Reaction score
Supports
Swindon Town
Another 90 minutes of, mainly, tippy tappy nonsense. 95th min pen got us a deserved point, though. We are creating very little despite passing the ball around for what seems little purpose.

The new lad from Brentford could be the answer - Gilbert.
We were toying with Stevenage first half and were miles better than them. Second half we were sloppy and Gladwin dawdled in the box for their opener and then cleared one off the line. We huffed and puffed and never looked like scoring until the 95th minute penalty scored by Jack Payne. Gilbert looked good to be honest but we do look toothless despite being generally very good on the ball.

Our yoof today were out in force. Broken seats and advertising hoarding, abused stewards, flares on the pitch. And that was before we equalised!!

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
Clarke is at fault for the game there was no need to make the 2 changes at half time. Rodney is a cart horse I wouldnt even have him run the line. Give it a month and it will be Clarke out.

Rodney has been off it all season… not sure what the point of singing Politic is if we don’t use him!

Andy Proctor

Reaction score
Supports
port vale
Rodney has been off it all season… not sure what the point of singing Politic is if we don’t use him!
Loan signings are pointless for me. The only reason why cass came on today in my opinion is because Newcastle were moaning about him not playing games.

BarraMatt

Reaction score
Supports
Barrow AFC
Absolutely Bara we are up shit creek without a paddle we missed a good chance at 0-0 fresh air shot. Then 2 good saves by your keeper before half time so for us to create 3 chances you must be poor did you go ? Thought your fans were good today made plenty of noise all game Sorry if I sound bitter but I’ve had enough after 53 yrs going I won’t be setting foot in the place while those two own the club away games only for me now

I didn't go no but watched on iFollow, we had a makeshift defence so I expected a few chances to fall your way. I was hopeful of a win but never expected it to be as comfortable as it was.

Pablosammy

Soowhyarmy
Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere
Tranmere were never on top, If certain players decide not to gamble on getting into the 6yard box while the ball is out wide, then they need to take a long hard look at themselves.
Giveing away a needless corner(Led to the goal) in the last minute when the player was facing the corner flag
Is kids football.
Pools by far the better team, A very hard lesson will have been learned today.
You were the better team, no doubt, but there were certainly periods where we were on top, especially towards the end. I wouldn't say you were by far the better team though, the game was largely a stalemate. It wasn't exactly backs against the wall stuff.

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
Loan signings are pointless for me. The only reason why cass came on today in my opinion is because Newcastle were moaning about him not playing games.

In fairness Cass looks quality but they are pointless if you don’t play them.

Yeah expect our usual battering at Swindon… they could be shit and us like Brazil and we’d still get pumped there.

kieran_vale

Reaction score
Supports
Vale / New England Patriots

Been racking my brains all through the drive home and can only come up with two conclusions. Firstly Rochdale won a couple of key individual battles especially Beesley against Martin and our inability to stop their number 18 for a while too. So to a degree well done to them and do better Vale.

It certainly wasn’t lack of effort or whatever as we wouldn’t have started the way we did otherwise but the equaliser out of nowhere stunned us a bit.

DC as much as I support him I don’t get the double sub at half time. Felt very un-necessary. This was made worse by Rodney being stone useless. If it had been Amoo I’d have thought that was more effective.

Oh yeah one other thing some of our fans need to stop being dicks and having a go at Wilson. If anyone thought he was the problem today then I don’t know what they are watching.

Monkey Tennis

Reaction score
Supports
Bluebirds
Went to the Oldham game, and it's not often we come away from an away game disappointed it wasn't more than 3! The third goal and protest killed it off completely.

Didn't think Oldham were totally dreadful - Fage looks a great player going forwards - and Farman kept out a couple of great shots. Hope was hopeless (sorry) and Jason Taylor had the easiest game he's ever had at centre back. Can see them being in a relegation battle.

Thought our fans were a bit stupid to mock Oldham's banner ("Support the team, not the regime") and chant about their shit support - we were getting 500 fans a few years back and most of those singing couldn't have given a toss then. Oldham's kids didn't help themselves getting on the pitch only to run to the Barrow end and goad the fans - clearly haven't got a clue what they're protesting for.

Hearing comments on the way out about the goals being terrible and "Barrow are a poor side" etc is ridiculous. Every one of our players had a good game, and the addition of Gotts and Stevens has made me a lot more optimistic for the season. Just need some of our injured players to come back so we can fill a bench.

MadJohn

Reaction score
Supports
Hartlepool
Twitter
@ITMCHufc
A couple of stats from today's Tranmere v Pools match...

1) Goalkeeper Joe Murphy has now played against us nine times. He's been on the winning side eight times with one draw. Only Chris Sedgwick (10-1-0) and Eddie May (9-1-0) have a better unbeaten record against us. He's also been an unused sub twice, and his side won both of those as well. His league record is 7-0-0

2) Of the 7300 match lineups for which I have full date-of-birth information (that's 3821 Pools lineups and 3479 opposition lineups), today's Tranmere starting eleven is the oldest to ever take the field, at an average age of 32.12 years

Conker

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield Town FC
Twitter
@CONKS__
Mansfield were miles off the team that played against Colchester and Bradford, we managed to get Ollie Clarke and Stephen Quinn sent off at the same time and for the first time this season I honestly say we were clear and obvious second best against Harrogate.

I don’t know how we can solve our defensive problems without buying a new one, our full-backs are actually wingers, so we essentially started today with two defensive players on the entire pitch in CB and neither were up to much. I do trust Clough but he must see that we cannot afford to have such a attacking line up with how things are at the minute.

So not only is our defence a shambles now we’ve gotta carry on without our captain and probably our best midfielder in Quinn. Great times.

Don’t get me wrong before today we’ve been really unfortunate in our last three games but today was almost Graham Coughlan era bad. We desperately need Perch back on the pitch.

Soup Ladle

Reaction score
Supports
Hartlepool

I think he's the only one out the 6 or 7000 who were there who believes that.

Besides the point anyways. We weren't good enough to put the ball in the net and we should have. 2 or 3 times.

RLC

Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere Rovers
Yes, in terms of possession and efforts on target, and the statistics bear me out.

You had looked slightly the more threatening of the two sides when you got in behind our full backs, but you certainly were not 'by far the better team'.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
feby2112

Latest posts

Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!