22. Colchester
——————
23. Wimbledon
24. Crawley

Alain

Reaction score
Supports
Crawley
Just hope all those who have put us bottom of the league have not put a lot of money on it - think we are going to surprise quite a few people - you are relegating us on our owners mistakes and failures- not giving credit to Scott Lindsey to get these new signings playing. All will want to prove themselves and not fail - it’s their big chance to make it in the professional game.

ForzaCounty

Massive Member
Reaction score
Supports
Stockport Culture Club
If anybody's interested, and I know you're all secretly agog, I thought the eve of the new season would be a good time to create an overall table based on the average of everyone's predictions (average in parentheses)

1 Stockport (2.83)
2 Wrexham (3.36)
3 Gillingham (4.91)
4 Bradford (5.38)
5 Milton Keynes (6.58)
6 Mansfield (6.62)
7 Salford (6.81)
8 Notts County (7.13)
9 Doncaster (8.42)
10 Grimsby (9.85)
11 Swindon (11.47)
12 Barrow (13.64)
13 Walsall (13.83)
14 Tranmere (14.15)
15 Wimbledon (16.00)
16 Accrington (16.19)
17 Crewe (16.28)
18 Sutton (16.70)
19 Colchester (17.32)
20 Forest Green (18.09)
21 Newport (19.19)
22 Harrogate (19.77)
23 Morecambe (22.19)
24 Crawley (23.28)

Gi Dalor

Reaction score
Supports
Bradford City
Just hope all those who have put us bottom of the league have not put a lot of money on it - think we are going to surprise quite a few people - you are relegating us on our owners mistakes and failures- not giving credit to Scott Lindsey to get these new signings playing. All will want to prove themselves and not fail - it’s their big chance to make it in the professional game.
I'm about to predict you bottom, but I would not bet on it. Your players are as yet untested, but I definitely noticed the win against Bromley last week.
On the other hand, Betway are offering odds of 3/1 for you to be relegated. I do think you stand more than a 25% chance of being relegated. Realistically there's less than 8 clubs I think could potentially be in danger, and you're one of them. But Betway are an outlier, although my predator of choice aren't far behind with 11/4. I already have a bet on 2 clubs to be relegated. If I do Crawley at those odds, I'd be shocked if I didn't at least make a tiny profit).

Last edited:

Gi Dalor

Reaction score
Supports
Bradford City
1 Stockport
2 Notts County
3 Wrexham
4 Bradford
5 Salford
6 Mansfield
7 Gillingham
8 Grimsby
9 MK Dons
10 Doncaster
11 Barrow
12 Swindon
13 Tranmere
14 Forest Green
15 Walsall
16 Colchester
17 AFC Wimbledon
18 Crewe
19 Harrogate
20 Accrington
21 Sutton
22 Morecambe
23 Newport
24 Crawley

Alfie

Reaction score
Supports
England
If anybody's interested, and I know you're all secretly agog, I thought the eve of the new season would be a good time to create an overall table based on the average of everyone's predictions (average in parentheses)

1 Stockport (2.83)
2 Wrexham (3.36)
3 Gillingham (4.91)
4 Bradford (5.38)
5 Milton Keynes (6.58)
6 Mansfield (6.62)
7 Salford (6.81)
8 Notts County (7.13)
9 Doncaster (8.42)
10 Grimsby (9.85)
11 Swindon (11.47)
12 Barrow (13.64)
13 Walsall (13.83)
14 Tranmere (14.15)
15 Wimbledon (16.00)
16 Accrington (16.19)
17 Crewe (16.28)
18 Sutton (16.70)
19 Colchester (17.32)
20 Forest Green (18.09)
21 Newport (19.19)
22 Harrogate (19.77)
23 Morecambe (22.19)
24 Crawley (23.28)
Excellent work - well done. :2thumb:
Hopefully your % and my actual votes are equal :pond:
Votes for auto promotion
1691224516242.png

Votes for Promotion Playoff
1691224553606.png

Votes for Top Half of Mid-Table
1691224588921.png

Votes for Bottom half of mid-table
1691224435869.png

Votes for Auto-Relegation
1691224469897.png

Last edited:

Gi Dalor

Reaction score
Supports
Bradford City

Gi Dalor

Reaction score
Supports
Bradford City
Yep, if you're going do it this late, you might as well wait until every team has played 45 games.
Fair enough. I promise to make my guesses (more or less) straight away next season as penance, (which will probably result in my being more accurate). I wonder what I changed from the start of the thread. I didn't write everything down at that point, but I know for sure I wouldn't have had Newport in 23rd.

EnglishRed

Reaction score
Supports
Wrexham

1 Stockport (2.83)
2 Wrexham (3.36)
3 Gillingham (4.91)
4 Bradford (5.38)
5 Milton Keynes (6.58)
6 Mansfield (6.62)
7 Salford (6.81)
8 Notts County (7.13)
9 Doncaster (8.42)
10 Grimsby (9.85)
11 Swindon (11.47)
12 Barrow (13.64)
13 Walsall (13.83)
14 Tranmere (14.15)
15 Wimbledon (16.00)
16 Accrington (16.19)
17 Crewe (16.28)
18 Sutton (16.70)
19 Colchester (17.32)
20 Forest Green (18.09)
21 Newport (19.19)
22 Harrogate (19.77)
23 Morecambe (22.19)
24 Crawley (23.28)

That actually looks pretty reasonable. Democracy in action!

Conker

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield Town FC
Twitter
@CONKS__
Not had a year of the stag since we shared a league with Wrexham who’s fans were mocking us at Christmas time for being shit.

Spanishstag

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield town
Not had a year of the stag since we shared a league with Wrexham who’s fans were mocking us at Christmas time for being shit.
They wont be mocking us ever again same wif nutts pissed a poor leaugue reallity hits hard

クレイグ

Reaction score
Supports
Bradford City
Think my prediction of us finishing 14th was generous. Bottom six. Hughes out.

TrinidadsNumberOne

Gizza job?
Reaction score
Supports
Crewe
1. Stockport
2 MK Dons
3. Gillingham
4. Mansfield
5. Wrexham
6. Salford (P)
7. Doncaster
8. Notts County
9. Bradford
10. Grimsby
11. Tranmere
12. Sutton
13. Harrogate
14. Barrow
15. Crewe
16. Walsall
17. Swindon
18. Accrington
19. Colchester
20. Morecambe
21. AFC Wimbledon
22. Newport
23. Crawley
24. Forest Green

Stockport will be up there. Excellent manager and very strong squad. However, will Challinor leave if a big League One club comes in for him? Maybe.

MK Dons have a manager who knows how to compete at the top end of leagues and they'll be up there. Squad is strong for L2 and mismanagement and ripping up their 21-22 squad last year the main reasons they were relegated.

If Gillingham improve their away form, they'll be promoted. Priestfield will be a fortress this season and Harris will finally have the squad he wants. He's an excellent manager and I believe he'll deliver promotion for the Gills as his recent signings are a massive upgrade on dross like Mandron and Kashket last year.

Mansfield will do better than last seasons injury ravaged team they had. But I just can't see them getting promoted. They're probably the most League Two team in this division and you just know its sods law the moment they ever make it to League One they'll end up straight back down like the last two times they did that. I think if they don't go up, Clough will be sacked, so the pressure is on.

Wrexham reek of a side that'll have a disastrous first 10 games and then it'll all click. I think there's a huge air of complacency about them and I think they'll underestimate this division. No more signing players outside of transfer windows for them too. The pressure to get recruitment spot on this Summer is huge. Still a very good squad but I think next season will be their season to win the league at this level.

Salford my tip for promotion. Neil Wood and his entertaining brand of football often slips under the radar because the club is just lifeless. But they have some excellent players. Wood will go onto bigger and better things eventually, but if Salford keep him for the season then they can genuinely go up.

Doncaster's squad doesn't exactly set the World alight but I rate Grant McCann and he'll get them moving in the right direction. A good manager is priceless at this level. Just look at how Evans and Simpson transformed Stevenage and Carlisle respectively.

Notts' defence will be their undoing. It looked shaky in the league below but they have the firepower to be fighting for playoffs. I think Bradford will sack Hughes but an over-reliance on Andy Cook will cost them dearly. I also think Paul Hurst's Grimsby will also be in the playoff race but will ultimately fall short.

11th-17th are solid mid-table sides that won't trouble the Top 7 yet won't be in the relegation scrap. Although, if Crewe don't win a game in October for the third straight season, I'll be reconsidering our position.

18th-24th will be relegation fodder. Think Coleman will guide Accrington through a turbulent period of squad turnover and a significant budget cut. Funny how motormouth Andy Holt has been much quieter in 2023 on social media isn't it? Colchester look to be sleepwalking to non league every year but think their squad is good enough to avoid the bottom two. Derek Adams will keep Morecambe up but it won't be a walk in the park given their off-field issues. Wimbledon will eventually sack Johnnie Jackson but their form since December has been alarming and God knows how he's still in charge. Newport probably have the smallest budget in the division and keep losing their best players to mid table League Two clubs. But they'll put up a fight and won't go down with a whimper.

I think Crawley are doomed. Unless a significant pay rise was involved, why Scott Lindsey left Swindon for those basket cases I'll never know. Lots of unproven signings, happy to fuck their player of the season off on a free to us, binned more experienced players off. It'll be a miracle if they survive.

Forest Green have disaster written all over them. 1 win in 2023. Vince seems less vocal and less willing to invest time and money into the club than he once was. You could argue apathy has set in. Unproven manager appointed at a critical time and the recruitment looks pretty poor on paper too. There's a massive losing culture at the club. Gates looked down yesterday and when you have a season as bad as they did last year, then they're automatically in for a struggle this season. I think if they were to go down again, that'll be it for them as an EFL club and Vince really will lose interest then. A very uncertain future for them awaits...

chipmunx

Reaction score
Supports
Barrow AFC
1. Stockport
2 MK Dons
3. Gillingham
4. Mansfield
5. Wrexham
6. Salford (P)
7. Doncaster
8. Notts County
9. Bradford
10. Grimsby
11. Tranmere
12. Sutton
13. Harrogate
14. Barrow
15. Crewe
16. Walsall
17. Swindon
18. Accrington
19. Colchester
20. Morecambe
21. AFC Wimbledon
22. Newport
23. Crawley
24. Forest Green

Stockport will be up there. Excellent manager and very strong squad. However, will Challinor leave if a big League One club comes in for him? Maybe.

MK Dons have a manager who knows how to compete at the top end of leagues and they'll be up there. Squad is strong for L2 and mismanagement and ripping up their 21-22 squad last year the main reasons they were relegated.

If Gillingham improve their away form, they'll be promoted. Priestfield will be a fortress this season and Harris will finally have the squad he wants. He's an excellent manager and I believe he'll deliver promotion for the Gills as his recent signings are a massive upgrade on dross like Mandron and Kashket last year.

Mansfield will do better than last seasons injury ravaged team they had. But I just can't see them getting promoted. They're probably the most League Two team in this division and you just know its sods law the moment they ever make it to League One they'll end up straight back down like the last two times they did that. I think if they don't go up, Clough will be sacked, so the pressure is on.

Wrexham reek of a side that'll have a disastrous first 10 games and then it'll all click. I think there's a huge air of complacency about them and I think they'll underestimate this division. No more signing players outside of transfer windows for them too. The pressure to get recruitment spot on this Summer is huge. Still a very good squad but I think next season will be their season to win the league at this level.

Salford my tip for promotion. Neil Wood and his entertaining brand of football often slips under the radar because the club is just lifeless. But they have some excellent players. Wood will go onto bigger and better things eventually, but if Salford keep him for the season then they can genuinely go up.

Doncaster's squad doesn't exactly set the World alight but I rate Grant McCann and he'll get them moving in the right direction. A good manager is priceless at this level. Just look at how Evans and Simpson transformed Stevenage and Carlisle respectively.

Notts' defence will be their undoing. It looked shaky in the league below but they have the firepower to be fighting for playoffs. I think Bradford will sack Hughes but an over-reliance on Andy Cook will cost them dearly. I also think Paul Hurst's Grimsby will also be in the playoff race but will ultimately fall short.

11th-17th are solid mid-table sides that won't trouble the Top 7 yet won't be in the relegation scrap. Although, if Crewe don't win a game in October for the third straight season, I'll be reconsidering our position.

18th-24th will be relegation fodder. Think Coleman will guide Accrington through a turbulent period of squad turnover and a significant budget cut. Funny how motormouth Andy Holt has been much quieter in 2023 on social media isn't it? Colchester look to be sleepwalking to non league every year but think their squad is good enough to avoid the bottom two. Derek Adams will keep Morecambe up but it won't be a walk in the park given their off-field issues. Wimbledon will eventually sack Johnnie Jackson but their form since December has been alarming and God knows how he's still in charge. Newport probably have the smallest budget in the division and keep losing their best players to mid table League Two clubs. But they'll put up a fight and won't go down with a whimper.

I think Crawley are doomed. Unless a significant pay rise was involved, why Scott Lindsey left Swindon for those basket cases I'll never know. Lots of unproven signings, happy to fuck their player of the season off on a free to us, binned more experienced players off. It'll be a miracle if they survive.

Forest Green have disaster written all over them. 1 win in 2023. Vince seems less vocal and less willing to invest time and money into the club than he once was. You could argue apathy has set in. Unproven manager appointed at a critical time and the recruitment looks pretty poor on paper too. There's a massive losing culture at the club. Gates looked down yesterday and when you have a season as bad as they did last year, then they're automatically in for a struggle this season. I think if they were to go down again, that'll be it for them as an EFL club and Vince really will lose interest then. A very uncertain future for them awaits...
Had to be submitted before the season started.

Alfie

Reaction score
Supports
England
Had to be submitted before the season started.
Let's be honest Trinidad's post was a good read despite being submitted after start of season.
I've extracted all forecasts to spreadsheet so able to pinpoint best predictors at season end.
Two minds whether to add Trinidad's forecast to spreadsheet. Advice please. :pond:

lordofthepies

A shit Martino
Reaction score
Supports
Crewe Alexandra
Twitter
@aitchyrobinson
Let's be honest Trinidad's post was a good read despite being submitted after start of season.
I've extracted all forecasts to spreadsheet so able to pinpoint best predictors at season end.
Two minds whether to add Trinidad's forecast to spreadsheet. Advice please. :pond:
He's at least a month too late. Sorry, TNO.

Alain

Reaction score
Supports
Crawley
I'm about to predict you bottom, but I would not bet on it. Your players are as yet untested, but I definitely noticed the win against Bromley last week.
On the other hand, Betway are offering odds of 3/1 for you to be relegated. I do think you stand more than a 25% chance of being relegated. Realistically there's less than 8 clubs I think could potentially be in danger, and you're one of them. But Betway are an outlier, although my predator of choice aren't far behind with 11/4. I already have a bet on 2 clubs to be relegated. If I do Crawley at those odds, I'd be shocked if I didn't at least make a tiny profit).
Have you changed your mind now

Gi Dalor

Reaction score
Supports
Bradford City
Have you changed your mind now
You weren't the only team to exceed expectations, and 2 will be relegated. Maybe it's simple and Newport and Forest Green will just sink like a stone, but I doubt it's that simple.
But I'm not anti-Crawley. I think Lindsey is an excellent coach and developing into a fantastic manager. I never thought you were miles worse than everyone else. If you get anything away to Salford, I'll certainly change my mind about either them or you.
With all the noise around WAGMI Utd, (which don't get me wrong, is entertaining if it's not your club), it's good that Crawley town finally got their chance to do their talking on the pitch. Not good for my club of course.
Anyway, to answer your question, I'd put you in 23rd and Newport 24th, but that's without having seen the Newport match.

Indian Dan

‘Absolute calamity!’
Reaction score
Supports
Swindon
Lindsey? Fantastic manager? Fuck sake!

chipmunx

Reaction score
Supports
Barrow AFC
As it was a good read allow it with a 2 point penalty?

• Haha
Reactions: Boz

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hudders
Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!