the Migrant Crisis

blade1889

sir
Reaction score
Supports
Sheffield United
Twitter
@blade1889
If you do Twitter blade have a look at edl news . It's a anti fascist organisation and a good place to spot the pond life on Twitter .

I have twitter but don't really use it, will have a look now though.

Feel like I cant argue directly with the person on my fb but really want to entice them in to an argument with some of my more reasonable friends. Would be comedy gold, especially as she's an illiterate ####

SALTIRE

Slàinte mhath!
Reaction score
Supports
A guid dram

Aber gas

Reaction score
Supports
Bristol rovers
I have twitter but don't really use it, will have a look now though.

Feel like I cant argue directly with the person on my fb but really want to entice them in to an argument with some of my more reasonable friends. Would be comedy gold, especially as she's an illiterate ####
When I engage with these people I always work with rule of " you can't educate pork , especially thick pork " the only thing they understand is a half brick ( metaphoricaly of course )

Aber gas

Reaction score
Supports
Bristol rovers
Absolutely and now they want to force us to feel sorry for them after portraying them as vermin not last week. What is happening is tragic of course, but shouldn't the blame be put at Syria and ISIS doorsteps rather than ours?
What , so because it's not happening to Britain it shouldn't concern us ? I'm not too bothered about blame at the mo . It's a awful situation that needs to be dealt with by society's that have the means to do so .

Reactions: Red

SALTIRE

Slàinte mhath!
Reaction score
Supports
A guid dram
What , so because it's not happening to Britain it shouldn't concern us ? I'm not too bothered about blame at the mo . It's a awful situation that needs to be dealt with by society's that have the means to do so .
It seems to me that all we are doing is dealing with the effects of war without actually trying to sort out the root of the problem and that is dealing with Syria itself.

Aber gas

Reaction score
Supports
Bristol rovers
It seems to me that all we are doing is dealing with the effects of war without actually trying to sort out the root of the problem and that is dealing with Syria itself.
You're right , this isn't about dealing with the root problem . But these are the cards that have now been dealt and we need to respond to the situation accordingly . Our politicians and " leaders " arguing the toss about who's to blame and what has gone wrong in Syria now takes second place to dealing with the current humanitarian issues .

SALTIRE

Slàinte mhath!
Reaction score
Supports
A guid dram
You're right , this isn't about dealing with the root problem . But these are the cards that have now been dealt and we need to respond to the situation accordingly . Our politicians and " leaders " arguing the toss about who's to blame and what has gone wrong in Syria now takes second place to dealing with the current humanitarian issues .
Yeah I agree about that and we of course must do what we can for them, but until the politicians get their fingers out of their arses potentially millions more could be on the way to Europe and I'm not sure we could all cope with the influx.

Aber gas

Reaction score
Supports
Bristol rovers
Yeah I agree about that and we of course must do what we can for them, but until the politicians get their fingers out of their arses potentially millions more could be on the way to Europe and I'm not sure we could all cope with the influx.
We can cope . The nightmare scenario of overloaded infrastructure and a swamping of our culture is a nonsense . I've heard the same thing spouted about West Indians in my youth , South Asians as a young man and Eastern Europeans as an adult , the arguments remain the same its just the " bogeyman " that changes . Syria and the entire region does need sorting but that song has been played for decades .

Red

Reaction score
Supports
Opposing the pedestrianisation of Norwich city centre!!!!
'You think this thing you never said you think, why do you think this thing you never said you think? Don't be such a fucking cretin.'
Same old bollocks EG. You said the people fleeing Syria are the ones we should be least concerned about. I'll try and ask you a third time with little hope of you addressing it and instead responding with bullshit. Have you any first hand understanding of what these people are going through? Are you a Syrian over there?

I don't know if you've heard the news but Britain will be admitting thousands of refugees. Sorry to have to break it to you. We're also donating £100 million.
Just heard on the radio that Farage is saying most of the Syrian people coming here are economic migrants. No surprise there then. He needs to be careful because at the moment a lot of people in Britain who otherwise wouldn't be are welcoming people from other countries.

Last edited:

Ebeneezer Goode

Reaction score
Supports
England
Same old bollocks EG.

I agree, very tedious. Maybe you should stop clogging threads up with this shit and make a dedicated one for yourself to obsess over me and the things you think I think in.

Red

Reaction score
Supports
I agree, very tedious. Maybe you should stop clogging threads up with this shit and make a dedicated one for yourself to obsess over me and the things you think I think in.

Devastating argument ;-)
What a surprise. You won't answer because you know fuck all about what the people who are fleeing Syria are experiencing on a daily basis. Consequently your value judgments about them are pathetic. The extent of your concern goes only as far as you being troubled that some will be coming here.

Last edited:

Ebeneezer Goode

Reaction score
Supports
England
I haven't answered because I don't have the patience to explain to someone who is too thick to realise how thick they are quite how stupid those questions are. The fact that you think my knowledge of their suffering is even relevant to the rationale I used is fucking tragic. It's boring, frankly, to have to explain to you what sentences mean over and over again because you're either unwilling or incapable of understanding, especially when you're not actually interested in ideas, you're interested in obsessing over me being a secret xenophobe like a fucking weirdo.

Red

Reaction score
Supports
I haven't answered because I don't have the patience to explain to someone who is too thick to realise how thick they are quite how stupid those questions are. The fact that you think my knowledge of their suffering is even relevant to the rationale I used is fucking tragic. It's boring, frankly, to have to explain to you what sentences mean over and over again because you're either unwilling or incapable of understanding, especially when you're not actually interested in ideas, you're interested in obsessing over me being a secret xenophobe like a fucking weirdo.
I don't think you're a secret xenophobic at all. I think you're openly xenophobic sometimes . What the fuck is wrong with you? I'm simply asking you why you say that we should be more concerned with the people who are staying in Syria than those fleeing? Making a value judgment about them? It's not an unreasonable question is it? Why can't you just answer it instead adopting your default position of going on an amusing rant about me? Go on give it a go, try it, answer the question sugar tits, take a break from the ridiculous exasperated dummy spit and give it a try.

It's always the same Eg. I ask you a reasonable question and you respond by calling me thick or stupid because you don't want to answer .

Last edited:

Ebeneezer Goode

Reaction score
Supports
England
I'm simply asking you what gives you the right to make value judgments about these people, to say that we should be more concerned with the people who are staying in Syria than those fleeing? It's not an unreasonable question is it?

No, nor is it the question you actually asked me until now. We should help the Syrians still in Syria because those are the Syrians that will actually have a hand in ending the civil war that is causing this crisis in the first place. The migration issue is just the symptom not the illness.

It's always the same Eg. I ask you a reasonable question and you respond by calling me thick or stupid because you don't want to answer .

No, you ask me an unreasonable/irrelevant question based on a misrepresentation or (deliberate?) misunderstanding of what I've said, which is usually followed by a few pages of me explaining what I said/meant (precisely because I am normally prepared (stupid enough) to answer) while you try to falsify those claims for no apparent reason. Usually topped off with 'I bet you vote BNP' or 'you're openly xenophobic' or some other ad hominem bile at the point at which your argument becomes indefensible. In future you can work your way toward a reasonable question on your own, the bullshit will just be ignored. If you think that's me trying to dodge the question then I will just have be content for you to remain ignorant on that score.

A

Alty

Without going over the entire contents of the thread...it looks like we've arrived at a sensible decision, does it not? We're taking in around 10,000 people, all of whom will be genuine refugees from camps surrounding Syria. We're also providing more aid.

The policy towards people who've journeyed across Europe to Calais is the same. Sorry...we're not admitting you if you come that way.

pontoonlew

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby
No, nor is it the question you actually asked me until now. We should help the Syrians still in Syria because those are the Syrians that will actually have a hand in ending the civil war that is causing this crisis in the first place. The migration issue is just the symptom not the illness.

No, you ask me an unreasonable/irrelevant question based on a misrepresentation or (deliberate?) misunderstanding of what I've said, which is usually followed by a few pages of me explaining what I said/meant (precisely because I am normally prepared (stupid enough) to answer) while you try to falsify those claims for no apparent reason. Usually topped off with 'I bet you vote BNP' or 'you're openly xenophobic' or some other ad hominem bile at the point at which your argument becomes indefensible. In future you can work your way toward a reasonable question on your own, the bullshit will just be ignored. If you think that's me trying to dodge the question then I will just have be content for you to remain ignorant on that score.
Not in this thread but I hear ya EG!

spireite

Reaction score
Supports
Chesterfield
This is a step in the right direction - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-34155501

You can't help but feel that us and the Yanks would make short shrift of ISIS with not that much effort, we've just not really tried. Any decent modern airforce and mechanized force would handle it - the problem would be needing a presence for long while after. At least we could TRY and fix this mess and make the country safe for those refugees who wish to be repatriated and those poor souls still stuck in that hellhole.

Last edited:
A

Alty

This is a step in the right direction - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-34155501

You can't help but feel that us and the Yanks would make short shrift of ISIS with not that much effort, we've just not really tried. Any decent modern airforce and mechanized force would handle it - the problem would be needing a presence for long while after. At least we could TRY and fix this mess and make the country safe for those refugees who wish to be repatriated.
It's an extremely complicated situation, though. ISIS, the Assad regime (+ loyalists and supported by Iran/Russia) and the progressive opposition all hate each other.

Everyone seems to have forgotten that not that long ago we were talking about arming the rebels as being the best option. Madness.

Whatever assistance we can offer to the progressive opposition, fine. But I don't think our military involvement is likely to be particularly helpful in this situation.

Stringy

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield
We risk complicating it even further, too. I'm happy for us to do our part in averting a humanitarian disaster but I'm not sure this is ours or America's fight.

Red

Reaction score
Supports
Tbh Red, asking EG if he's a Syrian from Syria is pretty far fetched.

Yes, I really didn't know if he was a Syrian refugee that's why I needed to ask him.
I know full well he's not a Syrian I was asking him as a joke to illustrate the fact that despite judging them he knows nothing of what they're experiencing, but then you really knew that didn't you? It got you a few likes though so good work.

Last edited:

Red

Reaction score
Supports

You know full well what I was asking you, why pretend that you think I was seriously asking you if you're Syrian? We both know that I know you're not Syrian, that it was a rhetorical question, that I said it to illustrate how despite saying you think we should focus more on the Syrians that are staying there you don't really know what life is like for the refugees. You know what I was asking you, but as always you play your juvenile games. If you'd just addresed it like you now finally have we would have got here sooner.
By the way I wasn't asking why we shouldn't help the Syrians over there, we should, I was asking why you thought we should be more concerned about them than the refugees.

C

Captain Scumbag

Come on, level with me here, Red. Are you trolling? Are you just lonely and these inane, circular spats with Ebbe are your only form of social nourishment? Or are you really just monumentally and irrevocably thick?

Either way, he seems to bring out the worst in you, so let me take his place and answer instead. There is nothing particularly difficult or controversial about his view, or at least there shouldn't be for someone who has more than a gram of grey matter between their ears. As far as I can see, it's based on two simple premises, which I'll lay out for you below:

(1) Syria is a unpredictable, violent, war-torn hellhole in which ordinary people are in mortal danger; therefore, the Syrians who are STILL IN Syria are in greater danger than the Syrians who have LEFT and are now in Turkey, Lebanon or South East Europe.

(2) Greater concern and compassion should be afforded to those who are most vulnerable or in the most danger.

He's not saying refugees have it easy. He's saying refugees who have successfully exited Syria are at lower risk (by virtue of no longer being at the epicentre of a violent war) than the poor bastards who ARE still there. Now, here's the challenge: without calling anyone racist, xenophobic or islamaphobic, explain why that basic argument is wrong.

The Paranoid Pineapple

Reaction score
Supports
mighty, mighty Ks
I suggest he'd get an easier ride if he ever seemed capable of expressing a modicum of empathy or compassion. His opening gambit was to question the wisdom of admitting refugees because we'd all be better off if they were back at home fighting ISIS. It's occasionally difficult to know how to respond to that kind of fuckwittery...

Reactions: Red

Red

Reaction score
Supports
I suggest he'd get an easier ride if he ever seemed capable of expressing a modicum of empathy or compassion. His opening gambit was to question the wisdom of admitting refugees because we'd all be better off if they were back at home fighting ISIS. It's occasionally difficult to know how to respond to that kind of fuckwittery...

Come on, level with me here, Red. Are you trolling? Are you just lonely and these inane, circular spats with Ebbe are your only form of social nourishment? Or are you really just monumentally and irrevocably thick?

Either way, he seems to bring out the worst in you, so let me take his place and answer instead. There is nothing particularly difficult or controversial about his view, or at least there shouldn't be for someone who has more than a gram of grey matter between their ears. As far as I can see, it's based on two simple premises, which I'll lay out for you below:

(1) Syria is a unpredictable, violent, war-torn hellhole in which ordinary people are in mortal danger; therefore, the Syrians who are STILL IN Syria are in greater danger than the Syrians who have LEFT and are now in Turkey, Lebanon or South East Europe.

(2) Greater concern and compassion should be afforded to those who are most vulnerable or in the most danger.

He's not saying refugees have it easy. He's saying refugees who have successfully exited Syria are at lower risk (by virtue of no longer being at the epicentre of a violent war) than the poor bastards who ARE still there. Now, here's the challenge: without calling anyone racist, xenophobic or islamaphobic, explain why that basic argument is wrong.

I can't, I just can't do it captain Scumbag, I simply cannot do it without calling him a neo Nazi. It's because I'm so thick and stupid.
I can't articulate myself as well as paranoid pineapple who has basically pointed out what I clumsily tried to. The difference between pp and myself is that he can remain and calm and rational when debating with eg, but I see the red mist and envisage him in a SS uniform whilst beating Muslims with rolled up newspaper. I'm sorry for letting you down captain

Red

Reaction score
Supports
It would be nice to see her living amongst the cockroaches

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anshsuwus
Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!