Tue 4th & Saturday 8th January

Chris FGR

Reaction score
Supports
Forest Green
FGR are clearly the best team in the league if everyone is available. Probably wouldn’t say that for their squad overall but results don’t lie and after half the season and so far clear it’s not a fluke.

I’ve always thought just based on games where we have played them and often had some success they look vulnerable to teams who can press high and break quickly on them once getting the ball. Obviously it’s never as simple as that as every team would do it against them and beat them if that were so but it’s usually been the difference when we have played them.

Strangely it’s Oldham that seemed to have worked that out the best so far, they absolutely annihilated our defence doing that. Didn’t help we were missing Moore-Taylor that day, who holds things together, but there are definitely gaps teams can exploit. Probably explains why our keeper has had to make so many top quality saves over the season, we do offer teams chances.

Devon_Lad

Reaction score
Supports
Exeter City / Rangers
Twitter
@MoggMentum
I can’t think of many better ways of deciding who the better team is then looking at the league table. How else do you judge it.

Kane Wilson will be very hard to hang onto I reckon, been outstanding and still only 21. Can definitely play 1 or 2 leagues higher.
Well you judge it at the end of the season when everyone has played everyone home and away, not halfway through.

Chris FGR

Reaction score
Supports
Forest Green
Well you judge it at the end of the season when everyone has played everyone home and away, not halfway through.

I don’t see our fans claiming we’re nailed on to win it by any stretch. All we’re saying is up till now we’ve been the best team. A couple of off days doesn’t change that. Exeter will have to go some to close that 14+ point gap, if you do I’ll concede that you’re the better side.

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
If you have an off day but still get a point (as we did at Mansfield for example) then its a sign of a good side likely to be up there...

If you play well but dont win then I would consider that more of a concern.

Greenacres

Reaction score
Supports
Forest Green Rovers
I don’t see our fans claiming we’re nailed on to win it by any stretch. All we’re saying is up till now we’ve been the best team. A couple of off days doesn’t change that. Exeter will have to go some to close that 14+ point gap, if you do I’ll concede that you’re the better side.
I think the opposite is the case...apart from a few in the South Stand who have recently started singing "Division One, we're on our way!"...most people I associate with at the club are really worried we will conspire to throw a promotion challenge away. That said, this is easily the best squad I can remember us having since I started following the team and playing football that is easier on the eye than anything we have seen since Jim Harvey was manager. I'm just enjoying watching the team play and cheering them on...trying not to get too carried away with myself...looking forward to reaching 50 points, then 60...and who knows how many more!

The Jovial Forester

Reaction score
Supports
Forest Green Rovers
Exactly, we're clearly a good side well managed with some real talent, but we're also a basement team with a new boy in his first job at the helm at the same time, it's not going to be a flawless march to a hundred points and we've had some right flaps and shockers but also some of the best football any FGR side has ever produced and in with a great shout, what's not to like? Of course it could all go tits up, that's the nature of the beast but the notion that we've fluked our way to an above two points a game average and stonking GD is comical.

Devon_Lad

Reaction score
Supports
Exeter City / Rangers
Twitter
@MoggMentum
WTF? have you looked at your forum, they're already posting about playing Derby next season!!!

You probably will go up, don't get me wrong - But I still think, based on the 3 games I've seen this season, you look perhaps slightly above average. I get the impression maybe those happen to be the 3 games where you've had 'off-days', but you certainly are not the best side in the league despite what the league table currently shows, and it gives the impression. You come across based on the last 4 or 5 years as a side fighting for the final play off place, and I think nobody should be scared to play you, which normally would be the case with a side leading by 8 points. Teams should normally be scared of that sort of side, but there is no way you'll be 8 points clear come May, I'd put a lot of money on that. It does go to show what dogshite standard it is this year though in the league, and if you do go up, you'll finish in league 1 with less than 10 points unless you invest heavily - which I'm fully aware you can.

Last edited:

Greenacres

Reaction score
Supports
Forest Green Rovers
WTF? have you looked at your forum, they're already posting about playing Derby next season!!!
There is one person who starts threads like that...they also have beef with our former manager and keep stirring the pot on that one too...I think they mainly do it to get a reaction.

Gatekeeper

Reaction score
Supports
Sutton United
However, someone who knows far more about football than me once said that the sign of a good team is to get something from a game when they deserve nothing...I guess that means we have a good team.
We have done that all season!!

Conker

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield Town FC
Twitter
@CONKS__
Always seem to be a risk FGR may tail off post Christmas, but they’ll definitely go up this time.

Boz

Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere Rovers
Caprice also had a really good game against Wilson at SJP earlier this season. Seems like he knows what to do to keep Wilson quiet. Kane is a great player though and will make it to a decent level.
Perhaps Jake was able to suss Kane out when he came on loan to Tranmere.

When he was with us, the attacking side of Kane’s game was strong but sometimes he looked a little flaky defensively. Has he improved in that aspect FGR fans, or perhaps used less as an orthodox full-back now?

Haven’t seen enough of Forest Green to assess if the table is a fair reflection of their apparent superiority. Maybe not at their best in the home 0-0 game with Rovers either. No question I’d rather we were in their position heading into the second half of the season though.

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
FGR are around 1/16 for promotion now, would be a massive ball up to blow a 10 point lead, they could probably afford to lose 6-7 games and still be fine.

Obviously if they lost any key players in January it could hamstring them but they are in a position where 35 points more would probably be enough.

FGR Stroud

Reaction score
Supports
Forest Green Rovers FC
Chris FGR. who is Andy Wilcox? and why are Cheltenham interested?
Saw you mention his name on their forum.

Chris FGR

Reaction score
Supports
Forest Green
Chris FGR. who is Andy Wilcox? and why are Cheltenham interested?
Saw you mention his name on their forum.

Former Cheltenham chairman, owns LCI rail. Been in our directors box a few times this season, rumours he’s joining our board.

FGR Stroud

Reaction score
Supports
Forest Green Rovers FC
Former Cheltenham chairman, owns LCI rail. Been in our directors box a few times this season, rumours he’s joining our board.
Thanks Chris, that would be one in the eye for Cheltenham if he did invest at FGR.
They named a stand after LCI Rail a few years ago.
Therefore gobsmacked that he is watching FGR , even if it only because he is a football fan. FGR & Cheltenham play home games on alternate Saturdays.

Devon_Lad

Reaction score
Supports
Exeter City / Rangers
Twitter
@MoggMentum
Fecking hell, there isn't a lot of FGR fans, but the ones they do have all seem to be totally moronic with little exceptions. I suppose that goes without saying given the ethos and hypocrisy of the club.

Heaven forbid a song about....bacon

Trapdoor

Reaction score
Supports
Exeter
To be fair, if we had only 1800 people at a home game we would be upset about having to listen to the opposition drown us out for 90 minutes.

Cant remember FGR ever singing a song about anything, distasteful or not. The song in question about "getting ones tits out" was aimed at a fat bloke. Is that misogynistic?

Devon_Lad

Reaction score
Supports
Exeter City / Rangers
Twitter
@MoggMentum
To be fair, if we had only 1800 people at a home game we would be upset about having to listen to the opposition drown us out for 90 minutes.

Cant remember FGR ever singing a song about anything, distasteful or not. The song in question about "getting ones tits out" was aimed at a fat bloke. Is that misogynistic?
And imagine going to a football game and crying about the opposition fans giving one of your players abuse after he left the oppos club in such a disrespectful manner. Talking about filming videos of fans saying the 'C' word and handing it into the authorities. Lord give me strength. We're at a football match, not at a local council meeting, you cucumber* sandwich gobbling numpties.

A village filled with perpetually offended snowflakes. You can see why Vince wants to turn them into a testosterone-less cess pit of grass eating hippies, but Vince, I think your goal is already achieved.

*I'd say prawn but I'd probably be shot.

Indian Dan

‘Absolute calamity!’
Reaction score
Supports
Swindon

You probably will go up, don't get me wrong - But I still think, based on the 3 games I've seen this season, you look perhaps slightly above average. I get the impression maybe those happen to be the 3 games where you've had 'off-days', but you certainly are not the best side in the league despite what the league table currently shows
So who do you think are the best team in the league so far. And why.

Devon_Lad

Reaction score
Supports
Exeter City / Rangers
Twitter
@MoggMentum
So who do you think are the best team in the league so far. And why.
I wouldn't like to say as we haven't played you or Port Vale yet, but looking at the squads both of you would be my guess and when I did watch you on TV you looked the part, but it is just one game. I'll reserve my right to answer this question until I've at least seen everyone play once, not that it's a good way to judge on such a little sample, but my decision is obviously going to swayed if I have seen some play and not others.

denzel ecfc

Reaction score
Supports
Exeter City

Are you in the right forum Trapdoor ;-)

Chris FGR

Reaction score
Supports
Forest Green
That’s one over sensitive fan tbf, he’s complained about our own fans a few times as well. Think the chants aimed at Moore-Taylor were the ones a few thought were a bit off.

Get your tits out was just the usual banter, heard some of our fans singing that at female stewards at a couple of away games which I thought was worse then doing to a fat bloke.

Last edited:

Chris FGR

Reaction score
Supports
Forest Green
And imagine going to a football game and crying about the opposition fans giving one of your players abuse after he left the oppos club in such a disrespectful manner. Talking about filming videos of fans saying the 'C' word and handing it into the authorities. Lord give me strength. We're at a football match, not at a local council meeting, you cucumber* sandwich gobbling numpties.

A village filled with perpetually offended snowflakes. You can see why Vince wants to turn them into a testosterone-less cess pit of grass eating hippies, but Vince, I think your goal is already achieved.

*I'd say prawn but I'd probably be shot.

We do have some fans like that, as you’d expect in rural Gloucestershire. But a lot of us are nothing of the sort, so don’t generalise based on a few posts on a forum hardly any of our fans uses. I’m working class and proud of it, as are a lot of my FGR mates.

You’d get a better idea of our fanbase’s opinions on the FGR Chat Facebook page.

Valeite

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
I thought FGR were supposed to have money? Maybe they should invest in proper flood flights rather than players. I've seen better lighting down the local park
Are they solar powered?

The Jovial Forester

Reaction score
Supports
Forest Green Rovers
We do have some fans like that, as you’d expect in rural Gloucestershire. But a lot of us are nothing of the sort, so don’t generalise based on a few posts on a forum hardly any of our fans uses. I’m working class and proud of it, as are a lot of my FGR mates.

You’d get a better idea of our fanbase’s opinions on the FGR Chat Facebook page.
The reason we have a football club at all is Stroud and Nailsworth were working class mill towns, fair bit different from your really rural Cotswolds and not at all posh until the wave of Londoners in the seventies.

denzel ecfc

Reaction score
Supports
Exeter City
That’s one over sensitive fan tbf, he’s complained about our own fans a few times as well. Think the chants aimed at Moore-Taylor were the ones a few thought were a bit off.

Get your tits out was just the usual banter, heard some of our fans singing that at female stewards at a couple of away games which I thought was worse then doing to a fat bloke.
I wasn't at the game and couldn't hear too much on ifollow, but I've heard them before at the home game and they aren't nice or necessary.
And seeing as he hasn't conceded in either game I don't think they are effective either.
Time for us to move on

Devon_Lad

Reaction score
Supports
Exeter City / Rangers
Twitter
@MoggMentum
Are they solar powered?
It would explain why they're utterly useless if they are and show why the club are in such a state. Then again, the advertising boards on the way to the ground trying to brainwash someone into the ethos of the hypocritical club were slightly taken aback by the numerous car fumes that engulfs that ground due to it being in the arse end of nowhere with piss poor public transport. Ah, the FGR irony strikes yet again.

Devon_Lad

Reaction score
Supports
Exeter City / Rangers
Twitter
@MoggMentum

The idiocy of your fans forum echos a few of your posters on here, which echos the moron-icy of those I spoke to on the day which again echos those idealism's that your club plaster everywhere. A left wing, shambolic, tin pot, ill-educated vegan loving, cucumber gobbling, waste of space that should have been relegated from the national league on more than one occasion, submitted to the basement before vanishing into thin air through liquidation. A stain on the working class, football and common sense. A true embarrassment. I'd rather Salford succeeded in the EFL than the basket case that is FGR.

Devon_Lad

Reaction score
Supports
Exeter City / Rangers
Twitter
@MoggMentum
I wasn't at the game and couldn't hear too much on ifollow, but I've heard them before at the home game and they aren't nice or necessary.
And seeing as he hasn't conceded in either game I don't think they are effective either.
Time for us to move on
They haven't been effective because he's simply a good defender. It's not Luke McCormick ffs, he isn't going to have a bad game because we're hurling abuse, rightly so, at him. So what? It doesn't mean we shouldn't call him what he is. Judas & a Count. Because that's what he is. And we'll continue to do so until he retires. We don't do it to 'put him off', we do it because we're angry at how he treated us as a club.

...Isn't nice or necessary. Diddums. I'll pass you some Kattan tissues to wipe those tears away. Jesus Christ.

Chris FGR

Reaction score
Supports
Forest Green
The idiocy of your fans forum echos a few of your posters on here, which echos the moron-icy of those I spoke to on the day which again echos those idealism's that your club plaster everywhere. A left wing, shambolic, tin pot, ill-educated vegan loving, cucumber gobbling, waste of space that should have been relegated from the national league on more than one occasion, submitted to the basement before vanishing into thin air through liquidation. A stain on the working class, football and common sense. A true embarrassment. I'd rather Salford succeeded in the EFL than the basket case that is FGR.

I can’t believe anyone spoke to you tbh.

I’m not left wing by any stretch but even I find most of your political views pathetic. Bit rich to use terms like ill educated or lackIng common sense looking at some of the utter bollocks you regurgitate.

And talking of a stain/insult to the working class, what about that utter cretin JRM and the like that you fanboy over. True men of the people they are, laughing at us all.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bantamshell
Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!