Tuesday 7 Feb/Saturday 11 Feb

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
Yep. Something needs doing about it, it's ruining football. I don't go to watch players throw themselves on the floor and waste time just to try and get something out of a game. I bet the ball was active for about a third of that game tonight. The money involved means that teams are trying to get points at all costs but it offers zero value for money. There seems to be a number of teams in this league that play the dark arts.
That tonight was far beyond the dark arts.

Soz

Reaction score
Supports
PV
Do Port Vale fans ever not complain?

What do you expect Accrington to do? They are massively short on numbers and scrapping for every point they can.
fuck off clown, I don't expect what Accrington did tonight and neither should any self respecting football fan. There's gamesmanship and then there's cheating from minute zero. I've seen one team worse than that tonight, swindon about 10 years ago. I've never seen a worse referee.

We were all saying this at 0-0 by the way, this isn't a reaction to not winning. That was anti-football in the extreme and that referee should be finished if the league had any integrity at all.

Can't wait for the josh pvfc montage. You know it's bad when you can remember the 3 decisions he didn't give to accrington when they asked for something as opposed to the ones he actually trumped up.

kieran_vale

Reaction score
Supports
Vale / New England Patriots
Just to add outside of the referee's performance Mal Benning is an utter shambles at LWB at the moment. Weak in defence and in attack is constantly turning it over. I thought he was a very good player in L2 for both us and Mansfield but you can see why he's never made it higher. Maybe he's a product of having no competition at the position unless Donnelly can play there.

Positively I thought Conlon was decent tonight, got minutes in Proctors legs and Garrity did well too.

YEO YEO YEO

Reaction score
Supports
Lincoln City
fuck off clown, I don't expect what Accrington did tonight and neither should any self respecting football fan. There's gamesmanship and then there's cheating from minute zero. I've seen one team worse than that tonight, swindon about 10 years ago. I've never seen a worse referee.

We were all saying this at 0-0 by the way, this isn't a reaction to not winning. That was anti-football in the extreme and that referee should be finished if the league had any integrity at all.

Can't wait for the josh pvfc montage. You know it's bad when you can remember the 3 decisions he didn't give to accrington when they asked for something as opposed to the ones he actually trumped up.
Why am I a clown? I appreciate its frustrating, and I may react the same if happened to us, but Accrington and Colman have been known to do it for years. This year they are massively in the shit, I do think they'll do well to stay up, they are short on numbers (6 central defenders out), they've got to do what they can do.

Or would you rather me just agree and feel sorry for Port Vale?

Laker

Reaction score
Supports
Cambridge United
I think every club who has spent most of their life in League 1 and 2 should spend a couple of seasons in the conference. Nearly all of our home games were like this. It conditions you well.

kieran_vale

Reaction score
Supports
I think every club who has spent most of their life in League 1 and 2 should spend a couple of seasons in the conference. Nearly all of our home games were like this. It conditions you well.

Shit happens, things are always a little raw immediately after a game. Will admit though I was somewhat pining for good old days of the Trevor Kettle show.

codaplenty

Reaction score
Supports
Fleetwood
Marvellous result for Fleetwood who deservedly brought an end to Sheffield Wednesday's long unbeaten run. Great performances all over the park, the Owls brought on some 'big guns ' in the second half but truth be told it didn't make much difference
All this counts for nothing if they don't improve their league position !!!

Sydney Posse

Reaction score
Supports
Exeter
We score ref instead gives a pen sends their lad off and we miss! Only Vale!
I had a Vale win as the last result needed in an accumulator. I cashed out when it was 1-1. Turned out to be correct !

Fuzzyvalefan

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
Not a great performance from Vale but with even a half competent referee we would have won it. Their penalty was a joke and as for the Vale penalty fiasco, that is Sunday league refereeing. When the ball is pinging around like pinball you just need to give yourself a couple of seconds to see how things play out before you blow the whistle.

Even before that incident the ref was an embarrassment to his profession. I don't think I have ever seen more inept performance in my life. After a while it became almost comical, he got so much wrong. I was half expecting Jeremy Beadle to come on the pitch and announce the whole thing was a wind up. He should not be allowed to referee in the football league ever again and I hope Vale put in an official complaint.

I know other fans will just read this as sour grapes but honestly it was unreal. I have never witnessed anything quite like it. I thought we had a bad ref on Saturday but he looked like Collina compared to this pillock.

Super_horns

Reaction score
Supports
WATFORD
I'm not sure what the law is on situations like this but surely you should just play advantage? If it says otherwise fair enough but it does feel like we got fucked over a bit. Once it was a penalty I have to admit I didn't for one second think Butterworth was going to score it.

One more point then we had at the start of the night which is something, should really have been three. On to Shrewsbury.
Yes anyone should expect the advantage to be play within reason.

The ref obviously blew up too quickly.

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
Having seen their penalty back as well… not sure on that one either!

Apparently the ball was in play 18 minutes and 50 seconds second half. We played 6 minutes additional time.

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
Really so why didn't he just give it?
That is the million dollar question.

He was referee when we panned them 5-1 in the FA Cup last year and sent their lad off which Coleman bemoaned. Felt like he was out to make up for it all game.

Booked us every tackle yet allowed their keeper to timewaste to the extreme from minute 1. Identical foul on the break didn’t book them.

Fouls on us free kick, any header Proctor made foul.

He’s the ref McKirdy went in and trashed his room when sent off, he was dire. Absolutely dire.

How DC gets through that interview with relative calm is beyond me. Although did chuckle at his “il watch my words” followed by “I’m not wasting my Oxygen on him”

Ref was crap Saturday but this was another level. Wycombe we’re into the dark arts but Accrington made them look like Brazil 1970!

That said although better tonight we should have buried them with the chances we had and pressure but we are crying out for our strikers back. Hopefully at the weekend we will have at least Matty Taylor and with Procs getting more in the tank we may start to come through the slumber.

Fuzzyvalefan

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
That referee should never be allowed to have another football league match in his life. He was an absolute disgrace.

K-Win

Reaction score
Supports
Portsmouth
Apparently the ball was in play 18 minutes and 50 seconds second half. We played 6 minutes additional time.
That is ridiculous. I get Accrington's plight at the moment but something has to be done to stop this. Two 30-minute halves. Clock is stopped for injuries and whenever the ball is out of play. I doubt the will is there with the football authorities.

Super_horns

Reaction score
Supports
WATFORD
That is ridiculous. I get Accrington's plight at the moment but something has to be done to stop this. Two 30-minute halves. Clock is stopped for injuries and whenever the ball is out of play. I doubt the will is there with the football authorities.
Need to add on the injury time like we saw at the World Cup which might be a start even if at the top level the broadcasters won’t like it holding up their advertising!

Andy Proctor

Reaction score
Supports
port vale
That goal should have been given for vale last night instead of the penalty and red card. A similar incident happened at Northampton away a few years ago where Northampton scored of the attack and mccombe clattered Nichols the striker and he broke his leg and was out for the season. The ref sent mccombe off and still allowed the Northampton goal so this vale goal should have stood last night. We will probably just end up with the normal crap apology letter in the post in 2 weeks time. If vale give this ref a rating of 4 and Accrington give him a 8 then it will average out as a 6 and the fa will think he's had a decent enough game. The only decision that I can think of that the ref got right was the benning booking. The goalkeeper basically timewasted from minute 1 with goal kicks and faked injury twice in the game. When Accrington got a corner the taker of it just casually strolled up to take it. Every throw in they had they take an age to take and try gained 10 yards on each throw. When they made there subs they strolled off the pitch and didn't leave the pitch at the nearest point. There was only 3 mins Injury time first half when there should have been 6. In the second half there was 6 mins and there should have been 10 mins.

stevowanderer

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton
Having seen their penalty back as well… not sure on that one either!

I feel your pain… against Cheltenham at the weekend the ball was in play for 35 minutes and 27 seconds for the whole game. With around 10 minutes added on between the 2 halves. Absolutely ridiculous. We actually ended up wasting a bit of time at the end once we had the lead to throw it back at them after they’d done it for 80 minutes. The refs need to clamp down on it… it ruins the game for the fans. It happens nearly every game at our place because it’s the only way some teams feel they can compete. When we scored in the 80th minute they started to sprint for every ball at set pieces/goal kicks etc….

kieran_vale

Reaction score
Supports

Yeah, wouldn’t be against that. I suppose the other thing is just to enforce the existing rules. I’ve said before if I was a ref I’d go into both teams dressing rooms and tell them in advance I’d be enforcing the six second rule on keepers and will blow for it at the first time of exceeding it and if it’s an outfield player will book them in the first instance without any warning. Bet the game quickens up then.

Anyway can’t change the result from last night so no point going on about it. Shrewsbury on Saturday, I assume their pitch actually resembles a proper playing surface unlike ours. They’ve been in strong form and we haven’t for a bit, hopefully with some players due back we can put in a decent showing regardless of that. We’re more than capable of going there and winning.

Last edited:

Andy Proctor

Reaction score
Supports
port vale
Having watched the highlights back just I don't think that Accrington penalty should have been given either. We also should have had 2 other penalties which the ref would have given if they had been up the other end of the pitch. Basically he is a cheat referree and clearly didn't want vale winning last night. He was trying to give everything to Accrington basically because he was the same ref when we beat Accrington 5 1 in the cup last season and he sent one of there players off. Coleman was basically in the 4th officials ear all night saying that's a foul that's offside ect. Clarke summed it up perfectly in his interview by saying I won't even bother wasting my oxygen in my lungs on him. He shouldn't be allowed ref another match ever again.

Soz

Reaction score
Supports
PV
Why am I a clown? I appreciate its frustrating, and I may react the same if happened to us, but Accrington and Colman have been known to do it for years. This year they are massively in the shit, I do think they'll do well to stay up, they are short on numbers (6 central defenders out), they've got to do what they can do.

Or would you rather me just agree and feel sorry for Port Vale?
its the bullshit you are spouting. Accrington have not been doing that for years at all. they might have been bad for years but last night was not bad, it was a downright disgrace and you excused it and had a go at vale fans for daring to "moan" about it and that we should have expected it

you've already changed your tune from their injury crisis/relegation battle to "they've done it for years" which is it?

there were about 5 game changing decisions last night, ref got every single one wrong and every single one went in accringtons favour as much as it possibly could have - short of him not actually taking any action against their defender using both hands above his head to tip a ball onto the bar. They conceded a pen and had a red card and still the ref managed to fuck us over by disallowing a goal we scored whilst the play was still going.

i'd already called it before half time (0-0) last night that this might have been the worst referee I'd ever seen. The second half was so bad it's difficult to put into words. He was 3 innocuous half way line nothing freekicks away from giving them every possible decision he could have even imagined. if that was a premier league referee I genuinely don't think he'd have a job this morning, but he'll be back on saturday and will probably ref us again in the near future no doubt because there is no recourse.

So yeah, I think you were being clown when you said we should have expected it and that we always moan. If you accept those things then more fool you, you'll get the football you deserve. I'm not watching it if that's the kind of thing we should expect and accept without moaning.

Soz

Reaction score
Supports
PV
Yeah, wouldn’t be against that. I suppose the other thing is just to enforce the existing rules. I’ve said before if I was a ref I’d go into both teams dressing rooms and tell them in advance I’d be enforcing the six second rule on keepers and will blow for it at the first time of exceeding it and if it’s an outfield player will book them in the first instance without any warning. Bet the game quickens up then.

Anyway can’t change the result from last night so no point going on about it. Shrewsbury on Saturday, I assume their pitch actually resembles a proper playing surface unlike ours. They’ve been in strong form and we haven’t for a bit, hopefully with some players due back we can put in a decent showing regardless of that. We’re more than capable of going there and winning.
thats the frustration with football for me at the minute, we have so many laws which are just not enforced for whatever reason. ive only ever seen one freekick given for the 6 second rule and that was a preseason friendly against sheff wed about 3 years ago.

refs have the authority to stop people stealing yards, to stop timewasting, to stop kicking the ball away, to stop people preventing quick freekicks. if its a yellow card offence then book the player, they'll soon stop it when they're down to 10 men every game.

it is easy to police with zero tolerance for the incidents which are a matter of fact rather than interpretation like diving or intent if you catch someone with an elbow etc.

and for those who might thing im overly biased - i probably am, but i will say that we do a lot more of the dark arts now, especially timewasting, and i hate it as much as when the opposition do it.

kieran_vale

Reaction score
Supports
thats the frustration with football for me at the minute, we have so many laws which are just not enforced for whatever reason. ive only ever seen one freekick given for the 6 second rule and that was a preseason friendly against sheff wed about 3 years ago.

refs have the authority to stop people stealing yards, to stop timewasting, to stop kicking the ball away, to stop people preventing quick freekicks. if its a yellow card offence then book the player, they'll soon stop it when they're down to 10 men every game.

it is easy to police with zero tolerance for the incidents which are a matter of fact rather than interpretation like diving or intent if you catch someone with an elbow etc.

and for those who might thing im overly biased - i probably am, but i will say that we do a lot more of the dark arts now, especially timewasting, and i hate it as much as when the opposition do it.

It is and I absolutely think the FA/EFL should make the refs feel empowered to do it. With that said I will say I do depart from other Vale fans in blaming Accy too much. It’s a dogfight and you’ve got to do what you’ve got to do even if it is egregiously bad which it was last night. I’d expect us to do similar in the same situation and would be annoyed if we didn’t so I can’t criticise them.

It did make me laugh looking back at the handball on the goal line their lad even then was trying to protest his innocence. As I say though nothings going to change from this whether the result or whatever so best just to move on.

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale

The keeper was ridiculous from minute 1 with time wasting, he lectured him first half so why not book him then he can't do it? Simple. Proctor had to do more running getting the ball and putting it on the spot for the keeper than in the game (Considering we played 18 minutes second half!)

Oddly their sub comes on, time wastes for a throw and gets booked straight away. Book the keeper, it was bonkers he kept running out to "bollock people" to waste time getting the ball.

Wycombe were their usual notoriously gamesmanship level on Saturday and the referee was poor but there was an air of "professionalism" about it, this was a completely different level, even Westley would have cringed at it.

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
It is and I absolutely think the FA/EFL should make the refs feel empowered to do it. With that said I will say I do depart from other Vale fans in blaming Accy too much. It’s a dogfight and you’ve got to do what you’ve got to do even if it is egregiously bad which it was last night. I’d expect us to do similar in the same situation and would be annoyed if we didn’t so I can’t criticise them.

It did make me laugh looking back at the handball on the goal line their lad even then was trying to protest his innocence. As I say though nothings going to change from this whether the result or whatever so best just to move on.
Did chuckle, and all their players claiming he didn't touch it, was a fantastic save in fairness, if they lose all their keepers to injury/red card I can guess who's in the nets!

BarrieOwl

Reaction score
Supports
Sheffield Wednesday
The keeper was ridiculous from minute 1 with time wasting, he lectured him first half so why not book him then he can't do it? Simple. Proctor had to do more running getting the ball and putting it on the spot for the keeper than in the game (Considering we played 18 minutes second half!)

Oddly their sub comes on, time wastes for a throw and gets booked straight away. Book the keeper, it was bonkers he kept running out to "bollock people" to waste time getting the ball.

Wycombe were their usual notoriously gamesmanship level on Saturday and the referee was poor but there was an air of "professionalism" about it, this was a completely different level, even Westley would have cringed at it.
That's what needs enforcing more, booking the keepers when they start time-wasting early doors, would soon stop their antics the moment the first red is issued for it.

Fuzzyvalefan

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
Having seen the behind the goal view on Twitter it is quite obvious that the ball is in the net well before the ref blows his whistle, which makes it even more farcical.

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
Having seen the behind the goal view on Twitter it is quite obvious that the ball is in the net well before the ref blows his whistle, which makes it even more farcical.
Yeah answers that question on the goal cam.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bantamshell

Latest posts

Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!