Welcome back Notts County

Optipez

Reaction score
Supports
Notts County
Yeah, I was there yesterday. Great entertainment for the neutral, but thought the result went the wrong way on the day. Chesterfield play better when there's pace in the game, Notts play a far more considered, patient approach. Chesterfield did well to knock Notts off their stride in the early stages and it could've been 2 or 3-0 at half time with the amount of openings they had in good areas. Dallas was a menace throughout, and with County's high line it was just asking for trouble. Taking off Dallas and Colclough was the turning point for me, it removed a lot of the pace from the front line and as a result Notts were able to step up even higher and started dictating in the latter stages. Bostock was probably Notts best player on the day, and I'm not sure there are many other players on that pitch who would've hit that free-kick so well, regardless of it being a keeper error.

Extra time was a free for all, Nemane running the Chesterfield ragged on the wing, and Dobra finally getting some time and space to score a nice finish.

On a quality level, was it the best game you're likely to see? No, but how many play-off finals are? They're all about the result, who gives a toss how they played. What I would say though is that the standard certainly wasn't 'woeful' (and I notice it's mainly Mansfield fans saying that, who of course have no reason to want to put down either of the sides on display...). It was a cut and thrust game, neither side able to maintain control of it for any reasonable period of time, mainly because the two sides are actually not too far apart in quality, despite the difference in points at the end of the season. Chesterfield's attacking unit certainly made far more impact on the game than Notts, but not quite enough in the end.
Think you're right about the game and the standard. That was the worst we've p!ayed all season, the team is dead on its feet and only grit and belief got them over the line.

Optipez

Reaction score
Supports
Notts County
It's great to be back in the football basement although I've not been unhappy in the scrapheap as we've spent four seasons winning more than !osing.

Reactions: PuB

AdamStag

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield Town
Well done Notts, deserved to come up with us.

Think you and ourselves should be lucky at playoffs atleast next season. Too many good teams to be putting us in the title contenders straight away for me. Keeping Langstaff and Ruben will be key for you. You'll do well to keep Williams too

It’ll be a tough league next season and there won’t be the dog & partridge to play every other week either. However, there’s nothing wrong with having confidence after the season you’ve both just had

Certainly be interesting!, it’ll be more challenging than last season.

Last edited:

jacobncfc

Reaction score
Supports
notts county
It’ll be a tough league next season and there won’t be the dog & partridge to play every other week either. However, there’s nothing wrong with having confidence after the season you’ve both just had

Certainly be interesting!, it’ll be more challenging than last season.

There’s no doubt Wrexham will be title challengers I don’t think, their team now probably would and they’re certain to bring in several big signings.

We’re a bit more of an unknown because we have a couple of big players out of contract we need to sort out, could sell Langstaff, have a style of football that will likely need to be reined in a bit at a higher level, and our recruitment is likely to be young players and from non-league rather than anyone proven.

AdamStag

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield Town
There’s no doubt Wrexham will be title challengers I don’t think, their team now probably would and they’re certain to bring in several big signings.

We’re a bit more of an unknown because we have a couple of big players out of contract we need to sort out, could sell Langstaff, have a style of football that will likely need to be reined in a bit at a higher level, and our recruitment is likely to be young players and from non-league rather than anyone proven.

Jacob you’ve every right to be confident, you finished 2nd with 12 more points than we won it with, chesterfield or not it would’ve been a travesty.

Wrexham probably will just spend their way out of it, who knows, but county will have every reason to look forward, it’s hard to see how the side would need to worry about a relegation battle, and as usually the case you come back up (like we did) in much better shape than when you went down.

It’ll certainly be a competitive league at the top next year

Bianconeri 1862

Reaction score
Supports
Notts County
Looking forward to the games against the Stags again, let's hope you make a bit more noise than last time we played at the San sirrel, very un Mansfield like.
I don't get why you would not like both ourselves and Chesterfield up ? Two local derby's, its great with the Danish bros after the recent basket case owners.

AdamStag

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield Town
Looking forward to the games against the Stags again, let's hope you make a bit more noise than last time we played at the San sirrel, very un Mansfield like.
I don't get why you would not like both ourselves and Chesterfield up ? Two local derby's, its great with the Danish bros after the recent basket case owners.

Well we actually lost a game to notts, i don’t think anyone could quite believe it!

Tbh i think most would like you both back up, but we also remember the laughing and comments when we went down under haslam, it’s nice that both you 2 got to experience non-league yourselves.

Given it was a straight shootout between you and chesterfield it was always going to be notts, chesterfield are our main rivals, mansfield have never had (and probably never will) had the same level of feeling towards county, it’s a decent genuine game without any trouble and a nice local trip down the road

Greenacres

Reaction score
Supports
Forest Green Rovers
I predict that it will be better than league one...we might be more competitive and win a few more games.

Stocky

Reaction score
Supports
Stockport County.
Welcome back to Notts. Always liked them, I like Nottingham and Notts are proper football club. Their fans on here sound awell, good to see them back.

I thin they'll go well generally. I've seen them a couple of times, their defence may get punished more in L2 than NL, more teams will be able to exploit that high line. But generally, the league isn't loads stronger. They'll still have more possession etc but the league is an improvement in both boxes.

Wrexham and Notts will both go well. I don't think we've improved loads from our NL team and still find ourselves in the Play-Offs, without massive injuries I think we'd have gone back to back. And I think Wrexham and Notts are stronger than our 21-22 team.

Last edited:

jacobncfc

Reaction score
Supports
notts county
Welcome back to Notts. Always liked them, I like Nottingham and Notts are proper football club. Their fans on here sound awell, good to see them back.

I thin they'll go well generally. I've seen them a couple of times, their defence may get punished more in L2 than NL, more teams will be able to exploit that high line. But generally, the league isn't loads stronger. They'll still have more possession etc but the league is an improvement in both boxes.

Wrexham and Notts will both go well. I don't think we've improved loads from our NL team and still find ourselves in the Play-Offs, without massive injuries I think we'd have gone back to back. And I think Wrexham and Notts are stronger than our 21-22 team.

Hope you lads can turn it around and win the play-offs. Nothing against Bradford or Carlisle, but you seem to get a bit of a bond with the similar clubs you end up in the NL with. Was a shame to see Pools go back down.

Season you’ve had should definitely give us confidence. Same with Wootton, looks like he’s dealt with the step up well which bodes well for the Gateshead boys who are both much more natural goalscorers.

As long as Williams is still here we’ll be fine anyway. Never had so much belief in a manager.

Stocky

Reaction score
Supports
Stockport County.
Hope you lads can turn it around and win the play-offs. Nothing against Bradford or Carlisle, but you seem to get a bit of a bond with the similar clubs you end up in the NL with. Was a shame to see Pools go back down.

Season you’ve had should definitely give us confidence. Same with Wootton, looks like he’s dealt with the step up well which bodes well for the Gateshead boys who are both much more natural goalscorers.

As long as Williams is still here we’ll be fine anyway. Never had so much belief in a manager.
Can't see it with us mate, Our three top scorers all out for the play offs (Madden, Collar and Wootton). Injuries all over the shop- we had 9 out yesterday. Unfortunate but I do think we'd really struggle in L1 next season if we did it, so that's consolation.

Agree re: fellow NL sides, it's also a really entertaining league, I've followed the NL scores all season. Your battle with Wrexham was great to follow.

Wootton's been great for us, we miss him badly, did his meniscus in April. Wasn't sure on him at first but he's won me round.

Burchnall held you back, bit of a blagger he was, won't get a job in the FL again after his spell at Forest Green and Williams has shown him how it should have been done.

Son of Cod

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
It was a bit school playground but highly entertaining, both keepers horrendous, Chesterfields had two saves to make and they both went in, Notts play with this ridiculous high line and kept getting caught out with the same ball over the top onto a quick striker, easy playing that way against the also rans of National League but I think they’ll find things tougher playing like that a league up.
Yep said as much on the other forum, Notts will need to change that defensive outlook in L2. However, it obviously hasn't hindered them at NL level. Welcome back to them though, top tier away day at this level and they fully deserve their promotion. Will be interesting to see which of their current squad is released/retained/leaves of their own accord. The general consensus seemed to be throughout the season that Langstaff and Rodrigues are both going, is that still the case? Cameron is out of contract as well, I believe?
Burchnall held you back, bit of a blagger he was, won't get a job in the FL again after his spell at Forest Green and Williams has shown him how it should have been done.
Yep, the main criticism under Burchnall was that soft core and perhaps a little bit of a lack of tenacity. From the bits I've seen this season (admittedly not loads), Williams has instilled that into them.

Luke Imp

Reaction score
Supports
Lincoln City
Well done, Notts. As said, not a great final with little quality and full of errors, but at that stage of the season everyone is knackered and it's all about results.

Interesting to see how Langstaff steps up, I've only seen him on TV three or four times and he doesn't seem to get too involved in general build-up and he'll probably have to do that more at L2 level.

Difficult to gauge Williams as well, he's had two hugely contrasting managerial jobs.

jacobncfc

Reaction score
Supports
notts county
Yep said as much on the other forum, Notts will need to change that defensive outlook in L2. However, it obviously hasn't hindered them at NL level. Welcome back to them though, top tier away day at this level and they fully deserve their promotion. Will be interesting to see which of their current squad is released/retained/leaves of their own accord. The general consensus seemed to be throughout the season that Langstaff and Rodrigues are both going, is that still the case? Cameron is out of contract as well, I believe?

We might have to rein it in a bit, but I’d be surprised if we changed much. We’ll be great fun to watch again I imagine.

I’d still expect Rodrigues to move abroad, but you never know, at least gives us a chance of keep him. Langstaff I think will probably stay, just depends if anyone offers us enough to think it’s worth selling. Cameron and Nemane are the other key players out of contract but I’d expect both to stay, realistically both should be okay with the step up but aren’t going to be interesting clubs any higher.

Padge

Reaction score
Supports
Wrexham
Notts are a very impressive outfit under Williams. As an outsider can see Ruben and Macauley staying with them.

The season just gone was like no other. A draw felt like a loss because of how relentless Notts were.

Congrats Notts, into the breach together ; )

Conker

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield Town FC
Twitter
@CONKS__
Notts County should bin Langstaff and sign the great Danny Johnson.

Master D

Reaction score
Supports
The Natural Order
Williams is a bit of a strange bloke but you can see why the players like him, he clearly thinks about football 24/7. A total obsessive who loves talking about football, his pre-match interviews are about 3 hours long usually.

They will be minimum playoffs, if not challenging for top 3 IMO. He's done a coaching job for the ages there.

jacobncfc

Reaction score
Supports
notts county
Williams is a bit of a strange bloke but you can see why the players like him, he clearly thinks about football 24/7. A total obsessive who loves talking about football, his pre-match interviews are about 3 hours long usually.

They will be minimum playoffs, if not challenging for top 3 IMO. He's done a coaching job for the ages there.

Was slightly surprised to see the vid of him zooming around the centre of Nottingham on an e-scooter singing ‘we are going up’ at midnight last night. :lol:

hellogregory

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle United
Is Ravenbish still around?

Posh Harry

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
We might have to rein it in a bit, but I’d be surprised if we changed much. We’ll be great fun to watch again I imagine.

I’d still expect Rodrigues to move abroad, but you never know, at least gives us a chance of keep him. Langstaff I think will probably stay, just depends if anyone offers us enough to think it’s worth selling. Cameron and Nemane are the other key players out of contract but I’d expect both to stay, realistically both should be okay with the step up but aren’t going to be interesting clubs any higher.

Thought nemane looked a real threat, tricky, speedy and good quality quick crosses in the first half. Not sure why they swapped wings with jones as thought he was nowhere near as effective when on the left cutting in.

jacobncfc

Reaction score
Supports
notts county
Thought nemane looked a real threat, tricky, speedy and good quality quick crosses in the first half. Not sure why they swapped wings with jones as thought he was nowhere near as effective when on the left cutting in.

He’s not, but Jones is miles more effective cutting in onto his left, so was just to give him a go at their dodgy left back as well I think.

Carver

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle Utd
No it won’t, it will be as dull as it always is.

For you it will be yes as you'll no doubt be shit again and calling off games as early as August.

Son of Cod

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
Yeah I forgot all about him to be fair, he played at BP in our promotion season but then I don't think he played in the league game at Meadow Lane and he definitely didn't play in the playoffs. You'd think he might have had a say in one of those two fixtures considering the sheer amount of running we did.

joethegill

Reaction score
Supports
Gillingham

From the Notts games I've seen this season, Nemane has been the most consistent threat they've got. I like that he's quite one-dimensional as for a winger I think that works - he gets the ball, tries to beat his man and gets a ball into the box. Doesn't fanny around with it trying multiple step overs, just gets the ball and tries to deliver - so much easier as a centre forward to time your run when you can almost guarantee when the ball is going to be delivered.

Soup Ladle

Reaction score
Supports
Hartlepool
From the Notts games I've seen this season, Nemane has been the most consistent threat they've got. I like that he's quite one-dimensional as for a winger I think that works - he gets the ball, tries to beat his man and gets a ball into the box. Doesn't fanny around with it trying multiple step overs, just gets the ball and tries to deliver - so much easier as a centre forward to time your run when you can almost guarantee when the ball is going to be delivered.
Complete opposite of Wes McDonald then.

I'll be interested to see where he ends up this summer.

TheEndIsNigh

Reaction score
Supports
Notts County
Chuffed I’ve still got the bookmark for this after all these years. I see Mansfield are still here, refusing to leave like the scruffy looking drunk at closing time.

We didn’t turn up for yet another Wembley playoff final on Saturday. Luckily for us and unlike Bradford and Harrogate, Chesterfield had Ross Fitzsimons in goal performing his usual heroics for the opposition.

Hope our players have sobered up in time for August.

Reactions: PuB

THE LAST WALTZ

Reaction score
Supports
GILLINGHAM
Notts County second favourites to win league 2 next year with Sky Bet, behind only Wrexham

AdamStag

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield Town
Chuffed I’ve still got the bookmark for this after all these years. I see Mansfield are still here, refusing to leave like the scruffy looking drunk at closing time.

We didn’t turn up for yet another Wembley playoff final on Saturday. Luckily for us and unlike Bradford and Harrogate, Chesterfield had Ross Fitzsimons in goal performing his usual heroics for the opposition.

Hope our players have sobered up in time for August.

Welcome back. Your record was unreal and you deserved it. As is usually the case sides come up much healthier off the field than when they go down, and this is certainly the case here.

You know you miss the scruffy dog really :lol: :P1:

Bet you can’t wait for another trip down the a60 for no points

Last edited:

Conker

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield Town FC
Twitter
@CONKS__
Welcome back.

You know you miss the scruffy dog really :lol: :P1:

Bet you can’t wait for another trip down the a60 for no points

They don’t travel down the a60 going off previous fixtures :lol:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yellowman
Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!