Your perception of other League 2 teams

joethegill

Reaction score
Supports
Gillingham
Accrington: One of the only places I've been subjected to personal abuse on the way TO a game.

Barnet:
Wish they hadn't left Underhill, and they're a bit of a Gills retirement home.

Bristol Rovers: Candidates for a worse away end than us.

Cambridge: Weird assortment of stands in the ground. Seem inoffensive enough.

Carlisle: Long bloody way to lose 5-0

Crawley Town: Close enough, but not interesting.

Dagenham & Redbridge: Good away end, fairly nondescript otherwise.

Exeter City: Long bloody way to only get a draw.

Hartlepool: Very long bloody way. I went there for an evening game so I've no idea what the town looks like.

Leyton Orient: Good away day.

Luton: Unwelcoming

Mansfield: Never seen them play, therefore no opinion

Morecambe: Preferred the old ground.

Newport: They're still upset Edinburgh left.

Northampton: I have family there so it's my second most visited ground after Priestfield. Weird dragon mascot.

Notts County: Enjoyed sending them down last year, purely for Roy Carroll being a penis.

Oxford: Fine. Build a 4th stand please.

Plymouth: Awesome away day a few years back. Used to like them back when Friio/Wotton were playing

Portsmouth: Twat with a bell.

Stevenage: Irritating upstarts

Wimbledon: I really want to like them, but they're a bit....meh.

Wycombe Wanderers: Boring

Yeovil Town: Good pasties

York City: Top notch city, ramshackle ground.

Habbinalan

Reaction score
Supports
Cambridge United (and reminisces about Barrow AFC)
Twitter
@habbinalan
And finally, Chapter 3, with O-Y:

Oxford United: Irritating away-day. Few redeeming features. At least they have a manager called Appleton, who was apparently better at Rugby League than football as a youngster- can't be all bad.

_65449938_appleton.jpg

colin-appleton-leicester-city-1961.jpg

Team/Manager - See above. Bottlers or blippers? Better than Cobblers up to 18yd box, often as bad as Hartlepool after that.
Fans - Blackbird Leys with a hint of Notts County.
Nourishment - Barely adequate.
Wildlife - Didn't see any Blackbirds.

Plymouth Argyle: Happy memories - First Abbey game back in the league - Josh scores; Away win on a pitch infested with algae - matched the shirts. Cracking away weekend (met a guy who played with Mike Trebilcock); Billy Bingham; Green Army quiet as mice in a quiet graveyard, especially the big away following.
Team/Manager - Need and probably deserve a bit more investment. 11 or 12 good players. Fan of Josh Simpson.
Fans - Sound.
Nourishment - Good Wetherspoons pre-match. Down by harbour for best fish restaurant/café for years, rowdy pubs full of egg chaser fans and hen/stag parties.
Wildlife - Didn't have time to seek out the egrets and ibis..

Portsmouth: I'll confirm after Saturday but we've only beaten them once - back in the 70's, so I'm hoping the "experience" might be enhanced by a decent performance and, perhaps, result. The actual big club down here.

Team/Manager - Seem to have the players, including match-winners, but still haven't found the right manager and blend.
Fans - They deserve better, even the idiots who love a 70's/80's style rumble.
Nourishment - tbc
Wildlife - Devil's Punchbowl (off A3) or Chichester Harbour better options en-route.

Stevenage: When will it end? We're marginally better against them at the Abbey but I wish they'd go away.
Team/Manager - Teddy was a sacking waiting to happen. Finally got coach in tune with players capable of delivering "The Westley Way" of playing without appointing Maamria
Fans - Irritating - like most Spurs and Gunners fans
Nourishment - Decent beers (& perries or ciders) at the Volunteer.
Wildlife - Ground actually has woodland in close proximity - if you dare venture through the discarded drug paraphernalia and detritus of teenage nights of abandon.

Wycombe Wanderers: Decent ground with placement made acceptable by multiple red kite distractions and decent "northern" pub (including meat raffle) at the end of the road. Red Kites are carrion eaters, often attracted by multiple fallen bodies scattered across a field.

Team/Manager - Some quality players well organised by a manager who probably doesn't need to embarrass his fans or ruin the spectacle by his antics/tactics to get the results. Ingram is a cheating c***, even if he's gone (McGeehan is a pratt, now that he's gone from us).
Fans - Surprised at the following they get. seem easily satisfied.
Nourishment - Hourglass does the job.
Wildlife - see above 20+ Kites on last visit.

Yeovil Town: Like the colours; Fan of the Johnsons; Saw them stuff Histon in the FA Cup before our neighbours got ideas above their station.

Team/Manager - Blame the board.
Fans - Sound
Nourishment - Excellent potential
Wildlife - tbc

York City: Only positive memories and feelings for club, ground, city, pubs and most of their players and ex-players - even Brodie, who's goals revived Barrow's 2008/2009 season during a 1 month loan. Open terraces are fine if you dress for them.

Team/Manager - Can't defend for toffee, easily bullied earlier in the season. Helpful keepers. Jackie may be too little too late but I hope not.
Fans - Conference Forum representatives less than impressive - those on here seem more in tune with today's world. I spoke to more Barnsley, Leeds and Harrogate fans in the pubs than York over the years - at least they wouldn't admit to supporting York.
Nourishment - Excellent chippies, plenty of good pubs, good pasties and pints on the station if in a rush. Pity the new ground is going to knock the shine off that part of the day.
Wildlife - Lots of scope post-match, from Hornsea to Spurn or even Fairburn Ings en route. Heading for a few days around Bempton Cliffs and environs in May without the draw of a match.

Grecian O'Grecian

Reaction score
Supports
Exeter City
Love these type of threads.

Accrington:
Perform miracles on what must be a pretty non existent playing budget, nice little pub near the ground, fair play to them.

Barnet:
Probably always going to be going up and down from here to the conference. Not a fan of their ground but a London away day so a thumbs up from me.

Bristol Rovers: Fans on here in the majority are decent. In person, not so much. In time, they'll be in the Championship.

Cambridge:
Good fans. Beat them at Wembley. Have to walk through a bunch of cows to get to the ground. Not the best away day.

Carlisle: Don't like the club. No real reason why, probably because I went up there and saw us lose 4-1 and we were subsequently relegated. They sound quite odd up there as well.

Crawley Town: Never actually been to Crawley, might go this season if our form picks up a little. Very little opinion on them.

Dagenham & Redbridge: Really like Dagenham. Their fans are probably amongst the better posters on here. They know they're small time which is quite endearing. Been a few times, yet to see us lose. Hope they stay up.

Hartlepool: Find the town/city (not sure which) quite grim. Have a massive boat outside. Wouldn't really mind seeing them drop purely for distance.

Leyton Orient:
Got flats in each corner of the ground which is pretty, different. Nice club though; a good away day too.

Luton: Absolute horrible town, at least near the football ground. I'd be surprised if there are many worse places in the country. Stadium is old-school but I like that. Last season at their place was one of my favourite City matches.

Mansfield: When I think of them I just recall that video of the fat bloke in the chippy going on about how they're a bigger club than Forest. Rubbish away day. Weird, nothing stand to the left of the away end. Think there was a sports retail shop I went into to kill time a couple seasons back.

Morecambe: Surprised they compete as well as they do. Got some shitty Harvester outside the ground. Boring generic ground. Doubt I'll ever go again unless for an important match.

Newport: Fairly close to here which is nice. Weird locals, weird ground. Stewarding has always been pretty shit and we normally seem to draw with them. Got a couple decent pubs though.

Northampton: Shit location. Fans to the left of the away end are quite strange. Play applause for substitutions over the tannoy which is one of the most tinpot and surreal things I've ever experienced. They're dicking this league though and with their off-field issues, so fair play to them.

Notts County:
Again never been. Was going to go this season but doubt I'll bother now. Nottingham is a nice City though. Like that their fans already hate their new manager.

Oxford: Meh. Shocking place to put a football ground. Don't especially like the colour yellow. Not a lot more to say.

Plymouth: Massive delusions of grandeur. Think they're bigger than they are and some of the excuses they come out with are embarrassing. Won't find a bigger set of mongs than the 'green army'.

Portsmouth: Big club for this level. Made a nice change having them down here. Got some weirdo with a bell and the away end is falling apart but hey, when they leave they won't be back so may as well soak it in.

Stevenage: Been once, doubt I'll go again.

Wimbledon: Should be a good away day but it just isn't. Terrible away end where all you can hear is their squeaky bollocked manager screeching at his team to hoof it up the field and play longer balls.

Wycombe Wanderers: Horrible little club. From Ainsworth to his play acting players. No decent pubs without going on a walk away from the industrial site and away supporters not allowed in their supporters bar which seems very un-trust like.

Yeovil Town: Massive soft spot for Yeovil. Their fans are good guys and they have Artur Krysiak so I just like them. Ground is nowheer near the train station(s) or any pubs which is pretty shit but it's close which is a novelty down here.

York City: Good away day even if it is a million miles away. Probably is potential for them to do better. My mate got told off by one of their stewards for trying to nick his fluorescent jacket a couple years back.

Glasshalffullpools

Reaction score
Supports
Hartlepool
Strange one persons perception of Hartlepool ....apart from Carlisle , everyone else will enter through the south of the town driving through a decent area then the road will swung you Unnecceserraly past the Marina ....granted over shoot the away end by 100 yards it may not look pretty ....Anyone coming by train can have no complaints at what they see ..... well worth an overnight if your far away ...forget Newcastle unless you like paying £6 for a pint

AtaturkOzgutson

Reaction score
Supports
Neutral
Hate you? Since when? I know a few Cambridge supporters and you're my favourite other L2 club.

I meant generally online, as Vanni says, there seems to be a 'rubbed 'em the wrong way' kinda vibe. Hate is the wrong word, and in person I've always found Wimbledon to be a delightful bunch (even you ;))!

I think you're referring to Confguide, which sadly no longer appears to be regularly updated.

Forgot that was a Yeovil thing, but that was invaluable in the 'dark days'.

Maybe it was ciderspace or something along those lines, but we're talking about way back when any kind of informative lower-league site was rare as hens teeth.

It's funny what you remember, way down the line. I'll never be able to seperate Yeovil from the scoreline 3-5. Any game that finishes like that (admittedly not a weekly hinderance) always makes me think of cider and green hoops.

well worth an overnight if your far away ...forget Newcastle unless you like paying £6 for a pint

£6????

What a bargain! We're all Southern here remember!

ThisTinpotLeague

Reaction score
Supports
Oxford
Strange one persons perception of Hartlepool ....apart from Carlisle , everyone else will enter through the south of the town driving through a decent area then the road will swung you Unnecceserraly past the Marina ....granted over shoot the away end by 100 yards it may not look pretty ....Anyone coming by train can have no complaints at what they see ..... well worth an overnight if your far away ...forget Newcastle unless you like paying £6 for a pint

Most northern post I have ever seen.

Not sure when Oxford pissed on so many peoples chips. A lot of whining babies here tbh.

NolansOrient

Reaction score
Supports
Orient
Most northern post I have ever seen.

Not sure when Oxford pissed on so many peoples chips. A lot of whining babies here tbh.
Well, objectively speaking, nearly all of the Oxford fans I've met haven't been very nice. Either I, and most of this forum, have met a disproportionately bad sample of your fans....or you're mostly below average human beings.

THE LAST WALTZ

Reaction score
Supports
GILLINGHAM
Oxford hate Swindon.
Oxford are good.

Meadow

Not a lad
Reaction score
Supports
AFC Wimbledon
I meant generally online, as Vanni says, there seems to be a 'rubbed 'em the wrong way' kinda vibe. Hate is the wrong word, and in person I've always found Wimbledon to be a delightful bunch (even you ;))!

We've met? I'm intrigued.

oakroader

Reaction score
Supports
Luton Town
oh ok,so ericsabin has lit the fuse,
and everyone wants to give us abuse.
for most lutoners this aint new news,
we have always heard your groans,whines and boos.
it always helps of course when luton lose,
which is happening more regularly and is encouraging me to booze.
admittedly this season isn't going the way that one would choose,
but you can all go and fuck yourselves whilst i listen to the blues!!
i thank you ...:fing:

Ninety Per Cent

Reaction score
Supports
Scunthorpe United
Here goes...
Accrington : Managed by some Scouse thug who's ruined every other club he's managed. Ground looks like it's falling down. Fans friendly enough.

AFC Wimbledon: Football visionaries, Supporting the values of the Real Fan, or Fans who walked out on their club mixed in with People who only discovered football from 1992 onwards, and have the money run this made up club. You decide.

Barnet: They don't get much support and they moan like f*** about it. Least they don't employ the same idiots as Stewards as they do at Underhill(Although this was for a London Broncos game i was at).

Bristol Rovers: Can't fault the Gas, Reasonable ground for this level and well supported. had no problems going there when we beat them.

Cambridge: Decent manager in Shaun Derry. Supporters seem to have a decent sense of humour. Good Drinking City.

Carlisle: Always bloody cold when we go there. Decent Drinking City. Very Friendly too.

Crawley Town: Never been, no real opinion but Wimbledon hate them, which is amusing.

Dagenham and Redbridge: Another ground where you have no problems. Dagenham's a hole though. Was at the game where we went 3-0 up, massive rainstorm and we let in 3 goals straight after.

Exeter City: Credit to them for sticking by Paul Tisdale. They've not got a great deal of money and they use it well.

Hartlepool: Better then their old ways of scraping the bottom of the league. Good Drinking Town.

Leyton Orient: We used to always play Orient, lost count of the times i've been to Brisbane Road. like us ditched a stable owner, who wouldn't spend, for someone who will but is a bit odd.

Luton: Got stitched up by the Football League years back. now they're back up they come over as Arrogant.

Mansfield: Mansfield's great. They don't give a f*** up there. been to a couple of games recently, fantastic bar in the stand. Shame they have a Meglomaniac owner and it's Field Mill, not the One C*** Stadium.

Morecambe: New ground is nice. Seem comfortable in this league.

Northampton: Fourth tier Regulars like us apart from a couple of promotions. Decent Town, Decent Fans.

Notts County: The Fourth tier version of what Manchester City used to be like, i.e. they always cock things up. shame they play in Black and White Stripes. Well Supported.

Newport: Cheer up Warren Feeney, oh what can it mean, to a sad Linfield B*****d with a S*** football team.

Oxford: Will they ever get promoted? Seemed to lose it after we beat them away couple of seasons back.

Plymouth: Used to always beat them at home and lose away. Take good support considering how far they have to go.

Portsmouth: Hope they come up, a night out in Portsmouth/Southsea is always good. Have a fair few mates who support them.

Stevenage: I don't think anyone would notice if they got Relegated.

Wycombe: Fairly inoffensive club, think their Fans own it?

Yeovil: Beat us to the League Title a few years ago. the hardest ground to get to unless you're driving. They play in Celtic Strips. Ugh.

York: Got Wilcox on the rebound from us. Which didn't work out well. Now have Jackie "Who do you want to buy next Celtic" McNamara in charge. So they're getting some attention from the Scottish Press. Good away end and Social Club under it. Feels like a Derby game even though it isn't.

Last edited:

Tom_CUFC

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Supports
Cambridge United
MASSIVE: Portsmouth, Luton
Should be MASSIVE but just below their level: Notts County, Plymouth, Oxford, Bristol Rovers
Probably at their level: Leyton Orient, Northampton, Carlisle
Definitely at their level: Cambridge, Exeter, York
Get a new stadium and we'll talk: Wimbledon
Oh, forgot you were here: Mansfield, Hartlepool, Newport
Blend in with the furniture: Wycombe, Yeovil
Like that family member you quite like seeing once every few Christmas' but not every fucking year: Barnet, Stevenage
Pure non-league filth: Accrington, Dagenham, Morecambe, Crawley

barnet_pls

Reaction score
Supports
Barnet
Accrington - Doing fantastically for a team even smaller than us. dont think it's a candidate to stay over in tho.

AFC Wimbledon - Done brilliantly since getting into the League, again small club, but clearly got some potential is they move back to PL.

Bristol Rovers - Considering the size of the city, very badly supported with an attitude that they should be premier league. Why though ?

Cambridge - Always a tough team and they also think they're bigger than they are. Have they done anything since John Beck left ?

Crawley - Bankrolled team, who punch above their weight - a typical non-league team [that's saying something from a Barnet supporter].with no history.

Dagenham & Redbridge - Don't really know how they've ever survived with Orient + Westham so close. terrible place to visit, 2nd only to South London or Luton. will suffer even more when Westham move to Stratford.

Exeter - I suppose there's not much else to do in Exeter, so they'll always go between L1 + L2, but could easily do a 'Torquay'.

Hartlepool - typical league team, re-elected for years and years and think they have a right to be in the League. Fully expect them to expire and go the way of Darlington . . .

Orient - See Dagendham and Redbridge [only smaller] - well they will be when their fans defect to Westham. think they're bigger / better than they are even though they've never even been as good Brentford or Millwall

Luton - I suppose they look on at Watford enviously, but fully expect them to be caught up by Boreham Wood.

Mansfield - just Northerners - nothing bad to say at all.

Morecambe - See Mansfield.

Newport - See Mansfield [plus the sheep].

Northampton - am amazed how they've kept it together this season despite their difficulties. Dont like the minority who were pleased we were relegated a few years ago.

Notts County - should also be far higher than L2 - but must be very badly run over the years to still be here.

Oxford - A bit like Cambridge only nothing that nice to go + visit. don't know why they think they're big.

Plymouth - very far away - should be consigned to a league with Exeter, Torquay, Yeovil, Carlisle and Hartlepool.

Portsmouth - Must be very hard to visit such lowly places as Barnet and still not win. It's not the number of fans that wins you matches - and also luckily for you it's also not the loudness of fans either. The quietest 1,800 fans I've ever heard. Even Luton sounded loud to you lot.

Stevenage - Not so much fun now Westley has gone - but he'll be back. another team that makes even Portsmouth supporters seem loud. See Exeter re: how little there is to do in Stevenage except pushing prams if you're under 18.

Wycombe - Never had a problem with Wycombe, great rivalary in the past. A good model that we've never quite aspired to.

Yeovil - Did brilliantly to get into the Championship - if they can , anyone can. gives us all hope - even Luton.

York - Nice town to visit, but see Hartlepool ref re-elections. The chickens will come home to roost this year.

Bar Carousel

Reaction score
Supports
Portsmouth
Portsmouth - Must be very hard to visit such lowly places as Barnet and still not win. It's not the number of fans that wins you matches - and also luckily for you it's also not the loudness of fans either. The quietest 1,800 fans I've ever heard. Even Luton sounded loud to you lot./QUOTE]

We were very quiet. Seems that our fans are more interested in arguing with each other or berating our own players to bother about singing songs at the moment. A disbelief has set in as our season starts to unravel (again) after what appeared to be a very promising start. It'll all end in tears - everyone warned us it took Bradford 7 years to adapt.

Certainly don't begrudge visiting places like Barnet. The more we stay down here, the more i'm growing to love the place. After losing interest during our premier league days, being in div 4 feels like a proper football place.

Deepcut Cobbler

Reaction score
Supports
The Cobblers and Gladbach
It is, but a club your size should be expecting more? The majority of the rest of us believe that you are massively underachieving.

Vanni

Reaction score
Supports
Cambridge United
Cambridge - Always a tough team and they also think they're bigger than they are. Have they done anything since John Beck left ?

:lol: ......................................:ffs:

BeesKnees

Reaction score
Supports
Barnet FC
Accrington - punching above they weight, most non-league ground in the league
Wimbledon - moneymen behind the scenes making dreams come true, possibly at others expense
Barnet - Morphed into Harrow Bees
Bristol Rovers - Great atmosphere at their ground despite having a cricket pavillion and showjumping marquee
Cambridge - Old ground, with a walk to the entrance you dont forget.
Carlisle - Finish above them and I'll have a glass of champagne, below it'll be a cup of tea.
Crawley - Turn right at Gatwick
Dagenham - time to say farewall, for now. Just a bunch of old fashioned football clubs
Exeter - Big terrace, lucky buggers getting cup and transfer money
Hartlepool - In decline, been dodging the bullet for a while
Orient - Block of flats opposite Olympic Park, run by crooks for years.
Luton - Past history, beach huts and swimming pool
Mansfield - Surrounded by bigger clubs but can at least look down on Alfreton
Morecambe - the most awful seaside town on the planet, sorry guys.
Newport - Exiles that arent exiled, I don't get it
Northampton - Glad they didn't go pop, but have little love for them.
Notts County - Big ego, high expectations.
Oxford - Christ gettting out of that car park is a bloody pain, they should park buses behind the goal and sell tickets
Plymouth - Nice looking stadium, seem to be well run
Portsmouth - Sad to see a genuinely historic club in such a state, sooner or later it will click, shame about some of their fans on Tuesday.
Stevenage - Young upstarts from a colour coded town, enjoying the opportunity to look down at them for a change.
Wycombe - Nearly bust until saved by ice cream. Have shared a few historic moments in both clubs history, first\ last competitive games at old\ new grounds, record attendances.
Yeovil - West country backwater,
York - just another league 2 club.

Meadow

Not a lad
Reaction score
Supports
AFC Wimbledon
OK, I'll bite. WTF are you talking about?

There's a perception amongst supporters of other clubs that we have a sugerdaddy pumping money into the club.

To clarify for others, we have a rich supporter (Mike Richardson) who matches or exceeds what the supporters put into the 'We are Wimbledon' fund. Last summer he put in about £100k to the supporter's £70k or so. Mike is a Vice President of the club as is Iain McNay of Cherry Red Records. They both put in a certain sum each season - I can't remember how much but it's somewhere between £80k & £150K.

So, taking the higher figures, that's £400k a season plus about £70k from the supporters as a group. Not a lot in the grand scheme of things, is it?

Aber gas

Reaction score
Supports
Bristol rovers
There's a perception amongst supporters of other clubs that we have a sugerdaddy pumping money into the club.

To clarify for others, we have a rich supporter (Mike Richardson) who matches or exceeds what the supporters put into the 'We are Wimbledon' fund. Last summer he put in about £100k to the supporter's £70k or so. Mike is a Vice President of the club as is Iain McNay of Cherry Red Records. They both put in a certain sum each season - I can't remember how much but it's somewhere between £80k & £150K.

So, taking the higher figures, that's £400k a season plus about £70k from the supporters as a group. Not a lot in the grand scheme of things, is it?
Iain Mcnay is a top, top , top bloke

miagsygas

Reaction score
Supports
Bristol Rovers
Never really do this type of thing but why not:

Accrington: . Milk advert. Comprehensive wins over us this year. One of best teams in the league. True underdogs. Expecting Autos for them.

Barnet:
I have no problem with them, but you do get this feeling that they have a slight chip on their shoulder when a "bigger" club comes along. Good manager. Akinde (pen)

Cambridge: Rory Gaffney and boat races

Carlisle: .Flooding stadium. Jabo. Northern

Crawley Town: Smashed us 4-1. Painful defeat. Tubbs and Barnett. Horrible away day that was. Then the FA cup swamp fest.

Dagenham & Redbridge: Curo. 2 teams.

Exeter City: Adam Stansfield memorial game. Hoskins goal. Landslide risk of an away end.

Hartlepool: Hartley and Poole scoring for them. Jeff Stelling on last day of the season when we almost relegated you.

Leyton Orient: Seemed underachievers this year. Nutter owner. Good strike force.

Luton: Angry fan base in conference years, but had to withstand Buckle so have my sympathy. Passionate. Some bloke on an appreciation site on Facebook that pops up now and again who seems to be a massive tool.

Mansfield: Painful, horrible day. At first thought they rubbed it in, but were reacting to a section of our fans being idiots. Could turn out to be best thing that ever happened to our club.

Morecambe: Kevin Ellison. Seems to be a tool but other players seem to like him.

Newport: Bad weather games. Local. Bit rough and tumble

Northampton: O'Toole. Painful playoff come back.

Notts County: Can't remember why we don't get along. Sol Campbell and Sven.

Oxford: Only time I've ever left a game early (under Trollope.) Either very good or very bad away day. Drove out of car park once and had front row seats to mass brawl between fans, police horses and dogs everywhere.

Plymouth: Local. Good competition. Scott Sinclair superb goal for them. Some fat lad from big brother.

Portsmouth: Love the ground. Not so much the drum. Can't quite seem to beat them. 'Arry.

Stevenage: Always used to see it driving somewhere when I was a kid. Kinda always thought small non league team I'd never see then they matched and went above us.

Wimbledon: Screw MK. First game back in L2, gave me optimism in a 3-2 win. We ended up being shit.

Wycombe Wanderers: Faux rivalry. Some real idiots online, particularly the drummer. Bad enough having a drummer, let alone the one they have

Yeovil Town: Hard to make substantial backing uncovered away end. Sunny away days. Sunburn even. Ellis late goal.

York City: No real thought, sorry.

Meadow

Not a lad
Reaction score
Supports
AFC Wimbledon
Iain Mcnay is a top, top , top bloke

Aye, although a bit of a political idealist. I've had a couple of chats with him regarding music - he knows his stuff.

Aber gas

Reaction score
Supports
Bristol rovers
Aye, although a bit of a political idealist. I've had a couple of chats with him regarding music - he knows his stuff.
Nothing wrong with a bit of idealism ;)
My record collection would be considerably poorer without him.

Habbinalan

Reaction score
Supports
Twitter
@habbinalan
Crawley - Bankrolled team, who punch above their weight - a typical non-league team [that's saying something from a Barnet supporter].with no history.
Has to be said, they have "history" (or perhaps I should say form). It's just all recent. Starting with the Brothers, Fatty McCheat and Shouty, up to the current shenanigans with the Ottoman branch of the recycling brotherhood (at least he mainly launders steel) and perennial non-league tosser of the year, Mark Yates - they have had more history (notoriety?) in the last 10 years than Plymouth or Notts County have managed in the last 50, despite their parochial efforts to join in.

Habbinalan

Reaction score
Supports
Twitter
@habbinalan

:lol: ......................................:ffs:
Have to agree Vanni. We've earned the right to believe we're bigger than City.

iWomble

Reaction score
Supports
AFC Wimbledon

To be fair to them, we do have the Illuminati lizard people pulling the strings too.

Carver

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle Utd
Accrington - Doing fantastically for a team even smaller than us. dont think it's a candidate to stay over in tho.

AFC Wimbledon - Done brilliantly since getting into the League, again small club, but clearly got some potential is they move back to PL.

Bristol Rovers - Considering the size of the city, very badly supported with an attitude that they should be premier league. Why though ?

Dagenham & Redbridge - Don't really know how they've ever survived with Orient + Westham so close. terrible place to visit, 2nd only to South London or Luton. will suffer even more when Westham move to Stratford.

Exeter - I suppose there's not much else to do in Exeter, so they'll always go between L1 + L2, but could easily do a 'Torquay'.

Hartlepool - typical league team, re-elected for years and years and think they have a right to be in the League. Fully expect them to expire and go the way of Darlington . . .

Orient - See Dagendham and Redbridge [only smaller] - well they will be when their fans defect to Westham. think they're bigger / better than they are even though they've never even been as good Brentford or Millwall

Luton - I suppose they look on at Watford enviously, but fully expect them to be caught up by Boreham Wood.

Mansfield - just Northerners - nothing bad to say at all.

Morecambe - See Mansfield.

Newport - See Mansfield [plus the sheep].

Northampton - am amazed how they've kept it together this season despite their difficulties. Dont like the minority who were pleased we were relegated a few years ago.

Notts County - should also be far higher than L2 - but must be very badly run over the years to still be here.

Oxford - A bit like Cambridge only nothing that nice to go + visit. don't know why they think they're big.

Plymouth - very far away - should be consigned to a league with Exeter, Torquay, Yeovil and Hartlepool.

Portsmouth - Must be very hard to visit such lowly places as Barnet and still not win. It's not the number of fans that wins you matches - and also luckily for you it's also not the loudness of fans either. The quietest 1,800 fans I've ever heard. Even Luton sounded loud to you lot.

Stevenage - Not so much fun now Westley has gone - but he'll be back. another team that makes even Portsmouth supporters seem loud. See Exeter re: how little there is to do in Stevenage except pushing prams if you're under 18.

Wycombe - Never had a problem with Wycombe, great rivalary in the past. A good model that we've never quite aspired to.

Yeovil - Did brilliantly to get into the Championship - if they can , anyone can. gives us all hope - even Luton.

York - Nice town to visit, but see Hartlepool ref re-elections. The chickens will come home to roost this year.

WTF? That's the second time someone has not included Carlisle, fuck off. :fing:

We do exist you know.

Urban

Reaction score
Supports
Barnet
Accrington: Doing incredibly well. Want whoever their scout is who spotted some of their standout players. Good on them

Barnet: CHAMPIONS.

Bristol Rovers: Doing great this season but my God they didn't have moan and act up last season. Hope they get the ground they and their 3,938,484 fans can be proud of. Dislike horses.

Cambridge: Get rightfully pissed off about stewarding but never stop moaning about it years after

Carlisle: Dripping wet and can't design a stadium properly.

Crawley Town: Going back where they should be - bet they enjoyed the ride though.

Dagenham & Redbridge: Plucky, like them. Worst ground in the league.

Exeter City: Too far to have any kind of impact on my life. Fans talk about Matt Grimes as if he's one of their sons.

Hartlepool: Bingham United.

Leyton Orient: Ridiculous wages and ridiculous attacking options. No idea how they haven't scored 200+ goals already.

Luton: Home to the bggest minority of knob-jockey, coin-throwing, neanderthal fans going. Shit ground with an away end that's worse than Yeovil's during a 4-0 defeat in a torrential wintery downpour.

Mansfield: A bit above themselves, they're midtable at best really. Bit of a nothing team.

Morecambe: Ellison is a wanker and that's all I know. Shrimps taste horrible.

Newport: Too Welsh to function, but Byrne plays for them so I'll forgive them.

Northampton:
Congratulations, join the Champions elect. Ricky Holmes is a Bee, is a Bee...

Notts County: Once employed Lee Holmes so they can go and do dirty things with their garden gnomes etc.

Oxford: Home to Eric Read and Danny 'Racist' Hylton so they can also fornicate with their gnomes etc.

Plymouth: Too far and too similar to Exeter to affect me. Nice ground.

Portsmouth: Literally don't know what they're still doing down here. Travelling fans contain some right knobs. Great home support.

Stevenage: Shit shit and more shit

Wimbledon: The team which everyone looks at and think they should be beating if their season will be anything better than 'meh'

Wycombe Wanderers: Full of diving, cheating wankers who should leave the gnomes well alone and instead shove a garden rake up their...

Yeovil Town: Decided they should race Crawley to the Conference - winning at the moment.

York City: No opinion of them but they gave Jake Hyde a pay cheque and I liked him, so good on ya.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ben192

Latest posts

Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!