Your perception of other League 2 teams

Grecian O'Grecian

Reaction score
Supports
Exeter City
Exeter City: Too far to have any kind of impact on my life. Fans talk about Ashley Grimes as if he's one of their sons.

Who is Ashley Grimes?

*Just checked, he plays for Barrow. I've never heard our fans talk about him, not sure why we would either.

Glasshalffullpools

Reaction score
Supports
Hartlepool
I shouuld t say it being a Poolie , but I like Carlisle ...easy to find just off the motorway with 2 wonderful old syle stands to view from the away bit ....people will be sad when they're gone ... ( stands , not the club )

Urban

Reaction score
Supports
Barnet
Urban - can't remember a time in the Football League when I looked at the team in fifth and thought 'we should be beating them'. Apart from Mansfield earlier this season of course...

Clues in the title - 'perception', not league position. You're doing remarkably well this season, it wasn't meant as a slight towards you at all.

TheGas

Reaction score
Supports
Bristol rovers
ACCY

Well run club, decent vocal loyal fans and a very god side.

BARNET

Getting very much like City and Wycombe fans.. Very obsessed! Use the excuse why their home support is so poor and quiet because they don't play in Barnet but never stopped us at Bath but hey ho. Normally give it the ' champions ' big un but look at us now and look at them.. And we probably made more money and enjoyed the play offs more than you did winning the league anyway. We've had the last laugh.

WIMBLEDON

Had a decent following a few years ago but seems average now. Spotty wannabe hooligan fans as well.

OXFORD

Well supported ( ish ) one of the better clubs in the league

DAGENHAM

Loyal fans decent away end and fair play to always managing to stay up. This season could be a different story though and I love Cureton.

YEOVIL

Shitty little sunday league side that have been trying to make a rivalry with us for years but always fail.

HARTLEPOOL

Don't mind Hartlepool away. I love a northern dirt cheap shithole of a pub! Also like their fancy dress at last game of the season.

NORTHAMPTON

An ok club. Pretty annoying though! Gave it the 'poor us' earlier on in the season and now giving it the big one but each to their own.

LEYTON ORIENT

Good home atmosphere and fair away crowds.. To many joey Essex wannabes for my liking though!

CRAWLEY

Had money, had their fun. Will be non league again soon and won't return. Tinpot was made in Crawley

MORECAMBE

Pointless except a few nice pubs near the beach

CARLISLE

One of the best away followings in the league when compared to home crowds and distances. Their terrace looks so boring though.

cufc17

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle
CARLISLE

One of the best away followings in the league when compared to home crowds and distances. Their terrace looks so boring though.
Which terrace?

I guess they look pretty shit when they're barely a third full though, but when (very rarely) they are near full they look great.

ThisTinpotLeague

Reaction score
Supports
Oxford
Don't worry chaps, I'm hear to correct your opinions. Warning: contains #realtalk. Disclaimer: I'm aware of the hypocrisy of criticising most of you whilst bringing a paltry bounty to the league two table myself, so don't bother pointing it out.

AFC Wimbledon: Who doesn't like Wimbledon? How could you not? My only worry is that they're a bit too clean. A high functioning sociopath about to enact a terrible revenge on the sport that wronged them, perhaps. It's a thought that keeps you awake at night. A.

Accrington Stanley: I am a tinpot-enthusiast, and these chaps are the gold standard of tinpot. Imagine spending your life obsessed with a club that has been overshadowed by a milk advert. Previous iterations kicked us off the park and loss, the current crop footballed us off the park and won. The best performance I've seen this year. A.

Barnet: Called the Bees. Play in bee colours. Play at the Hive. Can't dislike anyone who takes their moniker [or bees] so seriously. I have no love for their current manager or team, but that isn't what this is about. A+.

Bristol Rovers: Always seem a bit too full of themselves. Visible, audible presence at the Kass Stad each year. Which I've marked them down for. C.

Cambridge: Our varsity rivals! Lovely city. Affable supporters. A+.

Carlisle: Seem like a hardy, close-knit tribe of northmen. Not to be trifled with. But I assume that no one else bothers going to up to Winterfell either, so maybe they're just content to let us think that whilst they sit snugly in front of their log fires watching Silent Witness. I dislike their fans, and by that I mean the ones who post on here. E.

Crawley: Forever fouled by the stale stench of Steve Evans, tainting what was a brilliant Barnett-and-Tubbs led team which tore us to shreds in our own back yard. Now irrelevant. D.

Dagenham: The jesters of the League Two court. A formidable Conference foe that we've since outgrown. C.

Exeter: Tempted as I am to show solidarity with other members of the X-club, I never really cared for Exeter. A decent league two side, made famous as the only team to beat Oxford in a play off game, but not much else. C.

Hartlepool: I copied the original post to get a list of teams, and for Hartlepool it said "Boring Northerners". Can't disagree. D.

Leyton Orient: As a club, not a lot to dislike or like. But the fans on here are a good bunch, with a good southern sense of humour. B-.

Luton: Nothing to like here. D.

Mansfield: I've never read an opinion on football by anyone who supports Mansfield that I have found to be interesting, insightful, thought-provoking or correct. D.

Morecambe: Nothing describes apathy better than the feeling when you wake up on a Saturday morning and realise you're playing Morecambe at home. C.

Newport: No opinion. C

Northampton: If League Two were a school, Northampton would be the class snitch. Sat right at the front, yes, and deservedly so. But more aptly characterised by their frequent snivelling and whining about perceived slights and imagined misdeeds to their disillusioned, divorcee teacher. D.

Notts County: Nice ground, good city, it must be spectacular mismangement to see them where they are? B.

Oxford: I like Oxford. A+.

Plymouth: Play in green, which is a plus. Good support, superb accent, good club. A-.

Portsmouth: No club in England has less swag than Portsmouth. D.

Stevenage: Nothing. D.

Wycombe: Nothing. D.

Yeovil: Also wear green, also good accent, put together some good teams on whatever miserly budget I presume they have. B.

York: The complete package: city, ground, ground sponsorship, fans. A+.

cufc17

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle
Carlisle: Seem like a hardy, close-knit tribe of northmen. Not to be trifled with. But I assume that no one else bothers going to up to Winterfell either, so maybe they're just content to let us think that whilst they sit snugly in front of their log fires watching Silent Witness. I dislike their fans, and by that I mean the ones who post on here. E.
I expect a Carver combustion any minute now..

EricSabin

Reaction score
Supports
Northampton Town
Don't worry chaps, I'm hear to correct your opinions. Warning: contains #realtalk. Disclaimer: I'm aware of the hypocrisy of criticising most of you whilst bringing a paltry bounty to the league two table myself, so don't bother pointing it out.

AFC Wimbledon: Who doesn't like Wimbledon? How could you not? My only worry is that they're a bit too clean. A high functioning sociopath about to enact a terrible revenge on the sport that wronged them, perhaps. It's a thought that keeps you awake at night. A.

Accrington Stanley: I am a tinpot-enthusiast, and these chaps are the gold standard of tinpot. Imagine spending your life obsessed with a club that has been overshadowed by a milk advert. Previous iterations kicked us off the park and loss, the current crop footballed us off the park and won. The best performance I've seen this year. A.

Barnet: Called the Bees. Play in bee colours. Play at the Hive. Can't dislike anyone who takes their moniker [or bees] so seriously. I have no love for their current manager or team, but that isn't what this is about. A+.

Bristol Rovers: Always seem a bit too full of themselves. Visible, audible presence at the Kass Stad each year. Which I've marked them down for. C.

Cambridge: Our varsity rivals! Lovely city. Affable supporters. A+.

Crawley: Forever fouled by the stale stench of Steve Evans, tainting what was a brilliant Barnett-and-Tubbs led team which tore us to shreds in our own back yard. Now irrelevant. D.

Dagenham: The jesters of the League Two court. A formidable Conference foe that we've since outgrown. C.

Exeter: Tempted as I am to show solidarity with other members of the X-club, I never really cared for Exeter. A decent league two side, made famous as the only team to beat Oxford in a play off game, but not much else. C.

Hartlepool: I copied the original post to get a list of teams, and for Hartlepool it said "Boring Northerners". Can't disagree. D.

Leyton Orient: As a club, not a lot to dislike or like. But the fans on here are a good bunch, with a good southern sense of humour. B-.

Luton: Nothing to like here. D.

Mansfield: I've never read an opinion on football by anyone who supports Mansfield that I have found to be interesting, insightful, thought-provoking or correct. D.

Morecambe: Nothing describes apathy better than the feeling when you wake up on a Saturday morning and realise you're playing Morecambe at home. C.

Newport: No opinion. C

Northampton: If League Two were a school, Northampton would be the class snitch. Sat right at the front, yes, and deservedly so. But more aptly characterised by their frequent snivelling and whining about perceived slights and imagined misdeeds to their disillusioned, divorcee teacher. D.

Notts County: Nice ground, good city, it must be spectacular mismangement to see them where they are? B.

Oxford: I like Oxford. A+.

Plymouth: Play in green, which is a plus. Good support, superb accent, good club. A-.

Portsmouth: No club in England has less swag than Portsmouth. D.

Stevenage: Nothing. D.

Wycombe: Nothing. D.

Yeovil: Also wear green, also good accent, put together some good teams on whatever miserly budget I presume they have. B.

York: The complete package: city, ground, ground sponsorship, fans. A+.

Vietnam Cobbler will be along to tut at you in a minute

joethegill

Reaction score
Supports
Gillingham
BARNET

Getting very much like City and Wycombe fans.. Very obsessed! Use the excuse why their home support is so poor and quiet because they don't play in Barnet but never stopped us at Bath but hey ho. Normally give it the ' champions ' big un but look at us now and look at them.. And we probably made more money and enjoyed the play offs more than you did winning the league anyway. We've had the last laugh.

I don't care one way or the other what the feelings are between Bristol Rovers and Barnet, but seeing as you're both in the same division, I'm not entirely sure how you can claim to have 'had the last laugh'? Unless you mean the fact that you're currently in the play-offs and they aren't, in which case I would like to remind you that generally speaking football in this country is played until May....

BeesKnees

Reaction score
Supports
Barnet FC
BARNET

Seeing a Bristol rovers fan feeling the need to big themselves up over little Barnet is the best thing I've seen on this thread so far.

Our average attendance at the Hive is little different from Underhill so I don't see anyone using it as an excuse because you would then have to question why we only averaged 2k - 2.5k at Underhill. Perhaps we are a little club that you found yourself competing with in non-league and it rubs you the wrong way that that you are in the same division as such a small club?

You really miss the point, League two for our fans represents success. For you it does not. We are on target for our highest league position in 10 years so in relative terms I am very happy with our season. That you feel the need to look at how much better you are doing than us in the league is more an indication of how far you have fallen than anything to gloat about.

Last edited:

StagsForLife

In Matt Green we trust.
Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield Town
Twitter
@CWJG_Gregory
I don't care one way or the other what the feelings are between Bristol Rovers and Barnet, but seeing as you're both in the same division, I'm not entirely sure how you can claim to have 'had the last laugh'? Unless you mean the fact that you're currently in the play-offs and they aren't, in which case I would like to remind you that generally speaking football in this country is played until May....
Don't worry they know all about playing to the last whistle. They learnt that lesson a couple of years ago.

PortyPort

Reaction score
Supports
Newport County
57193834.jpg

hellogregory

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle United
Accrington Stanley: :box:

AFC Wimbledon: :woot:

Barnet: :dk:

Bristol Rovers: :animatedf:

Cambridge United: :)

Crawley Town: :ot:

Dagenham & Redbridge: :eek:

Exeter City: :eyes:

Hartlepool United: :ffs:

Leyton Orient: :2thumb:

Luton Town: :shut:

Mansfield Town: o_O

Morecambe: :lac:

Newport County: :bang:

Northampton Town: :wave:

Notts County: :sur:

Oxford United: :fish:

Portsmouth: :£

Plymouth Argyle: :alien:

Stevenage: :sb:

Wycombe Wanderers: :smug:

Yeovil Town: :tw:

York City: :gmc:

Glasshalffullpools

Reaction score
Supports
Hartlepool
You've gone for the see no evil wise monkey for us then

Optogas

Reaction score
Supports
Bristol Rovers
Accrington Stanley: Milk and always beat us

AFC Wimbledon: Love this club, the true fighters against adversity. Never fashionable always plucky, sums up what being a true supporter is. Oh and the beast love or hate him the guy is pure gold.

Barnet: League 2/ Conference yo yo club never forgot seeing their fans cry when we relegated them way back in the 90's took it with dignity.

Cambridge United: A club who like Rovers have never fulfilled their potential. Never forgotten being thrown out of the Abbey for trying to jump onto the goal when John Taylor scored a hat-trick verses his former club. The Gaffeneygate saga

Carlisle United: The last outpost of English football, big club always under achievers. Jimmy Glass goal

Crawley Town: Meh

Dagenham & Redbridge: Plucky team, always beat the odds. Was the team that made me realise that Rovers may end up non league

Exeter City: shit ground OK fans, my wife's cousin does commentary on their matches for the beeb

Hartlepool United: Clearing snow if pitch to watch the game only to lose 1-0, horrendous coach journeys, top fans

Leyton Orient: Jim Davidson, Orient - 0 same as Rovers never meet their potential

Luton Town: under achieving, David Pleat, Sinclair rejecting, over confident supporters.

Mansfield Town: That match! Genuinely though quite like the Mansfield fans even if they are Nottinghams equivalent to Yeovil

Morecambe: Shit northern seaside town, inexplicably have a league football team, how do you not go bust?

Newport County: Phoenix club, my favorite of the Welsh Teams. Admit it your almost English!

Northampton Town: Ian Atkins, heavily watered pitch, complete nonentity. Sorry not a lot of love for either the town or the team

Notts County: Same as us, have another team in the same city that wishes we would disappear. cheated to get us relegated from league 1 many moons ago. The original basket case football club.

Oxford United: Swindons biggest rivals and terrible stadium (quite liked the manor ground) Similar sized club with a better history

Portsmouth: Proper sleeping giant, makes the rest of us look like sleeping Hobbits. Must be hard for them to see little Bournemouth in the prem. Ouch

Plymouth Argyle: The furthest so called Derby possible, great away day upmost respect. Club that most feels similar to Rovers

Stevenage: Barry Hayles, Cup runs and non league

Wycombe Wanderers: Plucky Non leaguers who have worked hard to establish themselves as a league club, dodgy health and safety officer. See them becoming a league 2/1 yoyo club. P.s sorry I don't hate you, I don't blame you for our relegation I blame the players and the board

Yeovil Town: Wow where to start, middle of nowhere, yokel shitfest genuine hell on earth no redeeming features at all except it means your nearly at the coast as you drive(quickly) through it. Non league upstarts hopefully soon to return, you bring nothing to the league and won't be missed.

York City: Vikings, fun away day, good friendly fans, child murdering king buried in Leicester

Last edited:

Optogas

Reaction score
Supports
Bristol Rovers
Might be being a bit thick here, but why on earth do you associate that unfunny, Charlton-supporting, racist cuntpuffin with Orient?
Once saw an (un)funny sketch where he slated you for about twenty minutes for no good reason, saying you were the only thing that made Charlton look good in London never have forgotten it. Don't think he likes you much..(Disclaimer: I was 13 and round friends house who's Dads extensive comic video collection consisted of Roy chubby Brown, Bernard Manning and Jim Davidson. Coming from a house that watched Billy Connolly and Dave Allen it was an unwanted education I can assure you, I do not endorse racist cuntpuffins in anyway)

Last edited:

Luke_ciderhead

Reaction score
Supports
Bristol City
MAccrington Stanley - Plucky underdogs. Unbelievable how they are doing so well this season.
AFC Wimbledon
- Awesomeness personified. Really fond of this lot and what they've achieved in such a short space of time.
Barnet
- Gave us a hiding a couple of times in cup competitions. Harmless enough.
Bristol Rovers - Bristol's poor relations for 90% of the last century. Good luck trying to change that.
Cambridge - I just think back to John Beck and that horrible team of cloggers that nearly reached the Premiership! Didn't like them then, have no feelings for them now.
Carlisle - Always respect their fans that travel long distance for games.
Crawley - Horrible little club in my eyes with a crooked past. Glad they are going back to where they belong. How they ever thought they could make it work on such a small fanbase I don't know.
Dagenham - Don't see how they could ever offend anyone. A cool little cult club with a wacky history of mergers.
Exeter - We haven't played them for decades and I've never met anyone that supports them. Totally off my radar.
Hartlepool - Always struck me as having a bit of a chip on their shoulder to be honest. Some of their fans held a long grudge against us and Sheff Wed for playoff defeats and I don't really see the point. Chill out.
Leyton Orient - I quite like most of the smaller London clubs and Orient are no exception.
Luton - Hate their ground and the small group of fans that sit to the right of the away fans are some of the most deformed filthy lifeforms I've ever seen in my life.
Mansfield - Made me cry when I was a kid for beating us on penalties in the Freight Rover Trophy. Never forgiven the bastards, I wish them nothing but misery (just kidding - Theyre alright)
Morecambe - We've never played them, probably never will. No opinion, I liked them for winning 4-1 or something at the cabbage patch a few years ago though!
Newport - Went to see them a couple of times before they were promoted back to the league. I have nothing against them but some older fans can remember tension from further back.
Northampton - Just one of those middle of the road tier 3-4 sides like Colchester, Port Vale, Oldham or Peterborough.
Notts County - We always seem to beat them like 4-0 or 5-0 so its impossible for me not to like them!
Oxford - Anyone who hates Swindon so much can't be that bad. :D
Plymouth - Always seen them as a joke. They were totally off my radar then when they reached the Championship, 17,000 of them suddenly appeared professing us as their arch rivals and mocking us at every opportunity. When they went back down, over half of those fans disappeared right back from where they came from. Wonder if they'll surface again now they are on the way back up?
Portsmouth - I like them. Sure they aren't the best behaved but they are a genuine passionate fanbase with a real identity which is what I like to see.
Stevenage - The town is horrid... No idea about the club/team/fans but they seem to be disliked because of Graham Westley and his style of football.
Wycombe - My god. I still have nightmares about playing this lot.. 3-0 defeats with 9 men on cold winter nights, last minute equalisers, having a long unbeaten run ended by them, 0-1 home defeats after dominating the game... I could go on. A real bogey side. Their fans are real middle class hurrah Henrys too.
Yeovil - Hate to say it but going back to where they belong.
York - One of the nicest towns in the UK! Had a nice day out when I went in the FA cup a few years back. Good club with cool fans.

Luke_ciderhead

Reaction score
Supports
Bristol City
What's wrong with that? You've been in the bottom two divisions since the 1960s, have no real history of animosity with my team and nothing stands out for me personally. Therefore, I just see you as another side that we play sometimes. I'm sure you think much the same about us.

Last edited:

E10rifle

Reaction score
Supports
Orient
Once saw an (un)funny sketch where he slated you for about twenty minutes for no good reason, saying you were the only thing that made Charlton look good in London never have forgotten it. Don't think he likes you much..(Disclaimer: I was 13 and round friends house who's Dads extensive comic video collection consisted of Roy chubby Brown, Bernard Manning and Jim Davidson. Coming from a house that watched Billy Connolly and Dave Allen it was an unwanted education I can assure you, I do not endorse racist cuntpuffins in anyway)

How odd. Well, if Jim Davidson slagging us off isn't a reason to like us, I don't know what is.

Amber Nectar

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield Town
Mansfield - Made me cry when I was a kid for beating us on penalties in the Freight Rover Trophy. Never forgiven the bastards, I wish them nothing but misery (just kidding - Theyre alright)

One of, if not my best memory of supporting the stags (I know, there haven't been many). As a youngster witnessing us win at Wembley in front of almost 60,000 fans was incredible.

Second time around playing at Wembley in FA tinpot trophy strangely wasn't quite as good!

rudebwoyben

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Supports
Barnet
Accrington Stanley: Milk and always beat us

AFC Wimbledon: Love this club, the true fighters against adversity. Never fashionable always plucky, sums up what being a true supporter is. Oh and the beast love or hate him the guy is pure gold.

Barnet: League 2/ Conference yo yo club never forgot seeing their fans cry when we relegated them way back in the 90's took it with dignity.

Cambridge United: A club who like Rovers have never fulfilled their potential. Never forgotten being thrown out of the Abbey for trying to jump onto the goal when John Taylor scored a hat-trick verses his former club. The Gaffeneygate saga

Carlisle United: The last outpost of English football, big club always under achievers. Jimmy Glass goal

Crawley Town: Meh

Dagenham & Redbridge: Plucky team, always beat the odds. Was the team that made me realise that Rovers may end up non league

Exeter City: shit ground OK fans, my wife's cousin does commentary on their matches for the beeb

Hartlepool United: Clearing snow if pitch to watch the game only to lose 1-0, horrendous coach journeys, top fans

Leyton Orient: Jim Davidson, Orient - 0 same as Rovers never meet their potential

Luton Town: under achieving, David Pleat, Sinclair rejecting, over confident supporters.

Mansfield Town: That match! Genuinely though quite like the Mansfield fans even if they are Nottinghams equivalent to Yeovil

Morecambe: Shit northern seaside town, inexplicably have a league football team, how do you not go bust?

Newport County: Phoenix club, my favorite of the Welsh Teams. Admit it your almost English!

Northampton Town: Ian Atkins, heavily watered pitch, complete nonentity. Sorry not a lot of love for either the town or the team

Notts County: Same as us, have another team in the same city that wishes we would disappear. cheated to get us relegated from league 1 many moons ago. The original basket case football club.

Oxford United: Swindons biggest rivals and terrible stadium (quite liked the manor ground) Similar sized club with a better history

Portsmouth: Proper sleeping giant, makes the rest of us look like sleeping Hobbits. Must be hard for them to see little Bournemouth in the prem. Ouch

Plymouth Argyle: The furthest so called Derby possible, great away day upmost respect. Club that most feels similar to Rovers

Stevenage: Barry Hayles, Cup runs and non league

Wycombe Wanderers: Plucky Non leaguers who have worked hard to establish themselves as a league club, dodgy health and safety officer. See them becoming a league 2/1 yoyo club. P.s sorry I don't hate you, I don't blame you for our relegation I blame the players and the board

Yeovil Town: Wow where to start, middle of nowhere, yokel shitfest genuine hell on earth no redeeming features at all except it means your nearly at the coast as you drive(quickly) through it. Non league upstarts hopefully soon to return, you bring nothing to the league and won't be missed.

York City: Vikings, fun away day, good friendly fans, child murdering king buried in Leicester

You've got some faulty memory here as there has been never been any occasion when BRovers relegated us.

Optogas

Reaction score
Supports
Bristol Rovers
You've got some faulty memory here as there has been never been any occasion when BRovers relegated us.
Must have been your last game in league 1 then in early 90s possibly 93-94 season assumed we relegated you as lots of tears, though think you won so possibly other results went against you? Was at Twerton Park.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bantamshell
Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!