Final League matches of season: - 7th May 2020

leedsvaliant

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
Can only see us play you if we both get to the final. You’ll either finish 3rd or 4th. If we beat Walsall we’ll finish 5th or 6th.

I reckon Vale will get beat but still finish 7th.

POs - Cobblers/Rovers v Vale, Swindon v Mansfield
I'm highly doubtful that we're going to get in the playoffs. I just can't see Sutton and Swindon dropping points to be honest. We'll be well beaten at Exeter.

If we do, we're in terrible form and it's not just the last 3...we scraped past Oldham who were in disarray and nicked it at Hartlepool where their players had long since given up on the season. If we'd have played the playoffs after the Salford game we would have had a chance.

It's the teams with momentum that do well in them and we've ground to a halt. I stated earlier in the season that we lack pace in general or a real game changer and so we rely on workrate and determination to win. When that goes we're really easy to play against.

MadJohn

Reaction score
Supports
Hartlepool
Twitter
@ITMCHufc
I still have happy memories of the last day of 1990/91, the tightest title/promotion race we've ever been involved in. With four automatic promotion spots up for grabs, Darlington began the day top of the pile on 80 points, with Blackpool, Stockport, Peterborough, and Pools all on 79.

I love days like that, it's been a while since we had one. Good luck to all involved. We'll be busy "entertaining" Colchester in the hummest of drums. Just happy to see the end of what has become a shit first season back in the league (cups notwithstanding).

kieran_vale

Reaction score
Supports
Vale / New England Patriots
What? Vale v Mansfield?

If that’s the playoff final put whatever you have on it going to penalties as each team does it’s best to hand it on a plate to the other.

Fuzzyvalefan

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
If that’s the playoff final put whatever you have on it going to penalties as each team does it’s best to hand it on a plate to the other.
I wouldn't fancy it going to penalties given we haven't had one all season. Wouldn't even know who our penalty taker is. Wilson Maybe?

Spanishstag

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield town
Tbh im just gonna enjoy saturday think we are safe in the play offs,let the rest of it sort itself out then an let the play offs start if we do it brilliant ,if not shits happened ive had worse in my life

kieran_vale

Reaction score
Supports
I wouldn't fancy it going to penalties given we haven't had one all season. Wouldn't even know who our penalty taker is. Wilson Maybe?

Has to Wilson. We did have a shootout in the pizza trophy with Rotherham but that had the likes of Amoo taking one and for me he looks like a player who knows he is leaving us. Hussey, Proctor, Garrity and Pett the others maybe?

Who knows without being given one all season it could be in the script for us to get one Saturday.

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
The Walsall v Swindon game will be interesting. Walsall fans are actively hoping they don’t win on social media to increase the chance of us not making it! It’s cute but a bit strange having such intense hatred because a side took a manager and gave you £100k who you reckon you didn’t like or rate!

Sutton is probably our best good, their away form is patchy at best and they seem wildly inconsistent at the moment, Harrogate have picked up a couple of big wins recently after dropping like a stone.

Again though do our job and it doesn’t matter.

The slight plus if we do make play offs the side we face is likely to be the one who had the best chance and missed our last day so will be on a big downer too.

All ifs and buts though and need to focus on Saturday first.

In a weird way I half can’t be arsed with the play offs, I’m mentally knackered supporting the club the last few weeks! And half think if put out my misery at the weekend I can chill out for three months!

Getting worked up, let down, other results to get worked up about and then let down again when they’ve gone our way, working all the permutations etc.

I know you should relish and enjoy it and everyone harks back to relegation battles but bar around that Chesterfield game in 2018 it never got THAT close to reality (thought I was going to have a heart attack that day! And sure one fan actually did) but it’s stressful when it’s such a rarity.

HutchECFC

Reaction score
Supports
Exeter
I don’t like all this optimism. It has 1-0 Vale written all over it. Covolan winner in the 95th minute.

The Jovial Forester

Reaction score
Supports
Forest Green Rovers
Tbh im just gonna enjoy saturday think we are safe in the play offs,let the rest of it sort itself out then an let the play offs start if we do it brilliant ,if not shits happened ive had worse in my life
That's not the attitude, we need your fans all keyed up and doing your best to make the lads on the pitch nervous.

leedsvaliant

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
I think I might just not look out for the results on Saturday and then find out later on. At least in that way I can be pleasantly surprised if they do go our way.

Like others have said, my enthusiasm has completely gone and I just can't get enthused about the playoffs. Might feel differently if we were to get to Wembley like!

BarraMatt

Reaction score
Supports
Barrow AFC
If Oldham lose on Saturday we were effectively safe after 36 games.

Bartonyellow

Reaction score
Supports
Burton Albion
The Walsall v Swindon game will be interesting. Walsall fans are actively hoping they don’t win on social media to increase the chance of us not making it! It’s cute but a bit strange having such intense hatred because a side took a manager and gave you £100k who you reckon you didn’t like or rate!

Sutton is probably our best good, their away form is patchy at best and they seem wildly inconsistent at the moment, Harrogate have picked up a couple of big wins recently after dropping like a stone.

Again though do our job and it doesn’t matter.

The slight plus if we do make play offs the side we face is likely to be the one who had the best chance and missed our last day so will be on a big downer too.

All ifs and buts though and need to focus on Saturday first.

In a weird way I half can’t be arsed with the play offs, I’m mentally knackered supporting the club the last few weeks! And half think if put out my misery at the weekend I can chill out for three months!

Getting worked up, let down, other results to get worked up about and then let down again when they’ve gone our way, working all the permutations etc.

I know you should relish and enjoy it and everyone harks back to relegation battles but bar around that Chesterfield game in 2018 it never got THAT close to reality (thought I was going to have a heart attack that day! And sure one fan actually did) but it’s stressful when it’s such a rarity.
My mate is a saddlers fan, I’m going Saturday. He wants to win. Most will. A few bellends on a forum is not representative of the consensus. They may do you a favour as it turns out -
They are no mugs, and I rate Flynn as a gaffa. ( swap him for JFH any day ).

AnotherStagsFan

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield Town
Vale and Mansfield look very beatable at the minute so either of them in the play offs will do. Swindon seem to have hit a bit of form so they the ones to avoid
It’s league 2 - anyone is beatable.

Kauto Star

Reaction score
Supports
Bradford City
I think I might just not look out for the results on Saturday and then find out later on. At least in that way I can be pleasantly surprised if they do go our way.

Like others have said, my enthusiasm has completely gone and I just can't get enthused about the playoffs. Might feel differently if we were to get to Wembley like!

How on earth can you not have any enthusiasm in your position going into the last game of the season.

Beggars belief really. What's the point of supporting a team if you cannot enjoy being part of a the promotion mix going down to the wire.

I'd willing swap our place for yours this week, that's for sure

WilsdenBantam

Reaction score
Supports
Bradford City
How on earth can you not have any enthusiasm in your position going into the last game of the season.

Beggars belief really. What's the point of supporting a team if you cannot enjoy being part of a the promotion mix going down to the wire.

Doesn’t sound like you’re enthusiastic for our battle for 14th m8?

kieran_vale

Reaction score
Supports
It’s league 2 - anyone is beatable.

Exactly, if this season has taught us anything it is that.

For what it’s worth I understand those who would look at us and say they want us in the playoffs but would just say we are the sort of team who lose a few on the bounce and then go and win four or five out of nowhere so we’d still be dangerous even if we don’t look it right now.

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
Exactly, if this season has taught us anything it is that.

For what it’s worth I understand those who would look at us and say they want us in the playoffs but would just say we are the sort of team who lose a few on the bounce and then go and win four or five out of nowhere so we’d still be dangerous even if we don’t look it right now.
The form we had going into those 8 wins and a draw in 9 was poor, weren’t overly losing but some really flat toothless draws, got mugged against Colchester everyone including us thought that’s it for the season then we went on a nuts run.

Did the same last season 3 wins in 25 (against Bolton, Southend and Grimsby) then wont 8 and drew 1 in 9. DC sides are streaky.

Would it shock me if we went a did a job on Exeter then went up through the play offs? No, not that I think it will happen but we are very capable of randomly hitting blistering form.

Pretty sure we lost 3 league games on the spin before the run of 1 loss in 19 mid season.

We’ve got some real quality in the squad. If it turns up we can beat anyone, problem is if it doesn’t then we don’t but that’s pretty much most mid to high end L2 clubs.

We can hit form at any point… the worry for sides would be when, as mentioned on the pod your not 3rd after 42 games by fluke, we obviously are a very a good side at this level and considering the injury’s we’ve had to massive players for us this season we’ve had the character to overcome losing the likes of Conlon, Gibbons, Walker, Proctor for months on end at points in the season, just need to dig that fight out now and figure out what’s gone on the last three.

If and it’s still a big if that we make the play offs then we just have to treat it as a new two/three game tournament and forget the league alltogether.

Big Bird

Reaction score
Supports
Swindon Town
Considered trying to get a ticket for the home end Saturday. Then the club announced they're trying to get a beam back to The County Ground. Then i remembered im at a wedding anyway. Double fuck.

At least there will be free booze if it goes badly.

kieran_vale

Reaction score
Supports
The form we had going into those 8 wins and a draw in 9 was poor, weren’t overly losing but some really flat toothless draws, got mugged against Colchester everyone including us thought that’s it for the season then we went on a nuts run.

Did the same last season 3 wins in 25 (against Bolton, Southend and Grimsby) then wont 8 and drew 1 in 9. DC sides are streaky.

Would it shock me if we went a did a job on Exeter then went up through the play offs? No, not that I think it will happen but we are very capable of randomly hitting blistering form.

Pretty sure we lost 3 league games on the spin before the run of 1 loss in 19 mid season.

We’ve got some real quality in the squad. If it turns up we can beat anyone, problem is if it doesn’t then we don’t but that’s pretty much most mid to high end L2 clubs.

We can hit form at any point… the worry for sides would be when, as mentioned on the pod your not 3rd after 42 games by fluke, we obviously are a very a good side at this level and considering the injury’s we’ve had to massive players for us this season we’ve had the character to overcome losing the likes of Conlon, Gibbons, Walker, Proctor for months on end at points in the season, just need to dig that fight out now and figure out what’s gone on the last three.

If and it’s still a big if that we make the play offs then we just have to treat it as a new two/three game tournament and forget the league alltogether.

We did lose three on the bounce in the league against Newport, Swindon and the Salford robbery. It’s actually four if you include the cup against Brentford.

Mentioning Walker there things have been very quiet regards his status. We’ve really missed him and his ability to switch the play quickly with those cross-field passes. None of our other midfielders really have that in their locker.

Regardless what happens though I don’t subscribe to what LV says above re not having any enthusiasm for the playoffs. It’s a shot at promotion and if you can’t get up for these situations I’m not sure what you can get up for. Plenty other clubs wouldn’t mind being us right now.

kieran_vale

Reaction score
Supports
Regards beam-backs did Northampton ever get theirs agreed?

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
Regards beam-backs did Northampton ever get theirs agreed?
Yes, only sold 900 surprisingly so far considering their position and Barrows tiny away end!

Good to see the EFL use rare common sense on the beam back idea though.

Gassy

Reaction score
Supports
Bristol Rovers
Only been to one beam back, back in 07. Hartlepool away who were top of the table and a point would win them the league. We needed a win to guarantee the play offs, or a draw as long as Stockport didn’t win 5-0 or something.

Stockport were winning 5-0.

Thankfully sir Rickie Lambert saved us and fired us into the play offs, handing Walsall the title.

Great day and the club set it up well with being allowed to take beers into the stand and an ice cream van etc. (huge screen was on the pitch and we were in the terrace behind the goal)

Since then we seem to hold them in the bar, not quite as exciting

WilsdenBantam

Reaction score
Supports
Bradford City
Maybe I’m just a miserable sod but don’t see much point in beam backs these days, say miles away from the screen in a mainly empty stadium the Wigan one looked an embarrassment. Much rather mates round, have a laugh and drinks and watch it on iFollow even in England they’re easy to watch these days.

Only one I remember us doing was away at Man United on Boxing Day, think we lost 5-0 no idea why we had one mid season probably to make money off the plastic Untied fans in Bradford.

leedsvaliant

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale

I think the last 2 games have just completely demoralised me and I feel like we're missing a massive opportunity that we may not get again for a few years. I guess it's years of spunking hard earned money on England's least successful team has given me a pessimistic outlook.

Don't get me wrong, I'd rather be competing for this than trying to stop falling out of the league or playing for nothing. I'll probably feel differently by Saturday!

LordJord

Reaction score
Supports
Northampton Town
Twitter
@lordjordII
Maybe I’m just a miserable sod but don’t see much point in beam backs these days, say miles away from the screen in a mainly empty stadium the Wigan one looked an embarrassment. Much rather mates round, have a laugh and drinks and watch it on iFollow even in England they’re easy to watch these days.

Only one I remember us doing was away at Man United on Boxing Day, think we lost 5-0 no idea why we had one mid season probably to make money off the plastic Untied fans in Bradford.

Couldnt get a ticket for the game so thats exactly what ill be doing. Would much rather watch it at home getting the cans out then on an average sized screen at San Sixfields.

WilsdenBantam

Reaction score
Supports
Bradford City
Couldnt get a ticket for the game so thats exactly what ill be doing. Would much rather watch it at home getting the cans out then on an average sized screen at San Sixfields.
Imagine a strong majority will, I’d be more shocked if it were packed tbh.

EricSabin

Reaction score
Supports
Northampton Town

Agree, luckily I’m going on Saturday but if I hadn’t got a ticket a beam back wouldn’t have enticed me. My local pub is setting it up hush hush on their TV so I’d probably have gone there.

Gassy

Reaction score
Supports
Bristol Rovers
For a normal league game I’d agree. But for a game where you can win promotion, completely disagree.

Atmosphere when we went was excellent, it was like being at the game. Beers flying through the air when we took the lead too, great fun.

Kauto Star

Reaction score
Supports
Bradford City
I think the last 2 games have just completely demoralised me and I feel like we're missing a massive opportunity that we may not get again for a few years. I guess it's years of spunking hard earned money on England's least successful team has given me a pessimistic outlook.

Don't get me wrong, I'd rather be competing for this than trying to stop falling out of the league or playing for nothing. I'll probably feel differently by Saturday!

Good luck anyhow on Saturday. You looked a decent team at Valley Parade.

LS Bantam

Reaction score
Supports
Bradford City

I was at that Man Utd game, managed to get two tickets through Jewell. 78 min it was 0-0, ended up losing 4-0 after they brought on Cole and Yorke as a double sub (it was about 6 months after they’d won the treble). Anyway, I’d much rather we were a mid table L2 side getting pumped by Harrogate twice a season…

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ben192

Latest posts

Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!