Final League matches of season: - 7th May 2020

Agombar stool

Reaction score
Supports
Swindon Town
Hearing that Walsall, bless ‘em are moving yet more of their ST holders to give us an extra 500 tickets - 4000 in total!

I think that might be bloke in a pub type nonsense chat given nothing official has been announced by either club. I doubt logistically moving your own fans 2 days before a game would be doable, however will be delighted to be wrong.

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
There has become a massive apathy now over our game at Exeter, loads of fans trying to get rid of their tickets which is bonkers really, had we not broke into the auto picture and bounced around the top 7-10 and were in this position going into the last game the fans would be buzzing but the last three performances have sucked the feeling out the fan base and the expectations has risen for automatic so almost the success of that run has bit us on the arse.

Its a chance to make the play offs for the first time in 29 years!

Personally I am looking forward to it, could be the last game in 3 months or could secure the play offs and having little kids its been a while since I have done a long away day (parking looks a mare mind!)

kieran_vale

Reaction score
Supports
Vale / New England Patriots
There has become a massive apathy now over our game at Exeter, loads of fans trying to get rid of their tickets which is bonkers really, had we not broke into the auto picture and bounced around the top 7-10 and were in this position going into the last game the fans would be buzzing but the last three performances have sucked the feeling out the fan base and the expectations has risen for automatic so almost the success of that run has bit us on the arse.

Personally I am looking forward to it, could be the last game in 3 months or could secure the play offs and having little kids its been a while since I have done a long away day (parking looks a mare mind!)

A fair number of our fanbase showing their true colours doing that. Not to mention how disrespectful it is to those of us who would have liked a chance to go to this but never got the opportunity. It’s not the kind of trip you can just change everything round at short notice.

Bet they’ll be first in the queue if we make the playoffs though. As you can tell it is rather irritating to be honest.

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
A fair number of our fanbase showing their true colours doing that. Not to mention how disrespectful it is to those of us who would have liked a chance to go to this but never got the opportunity. It’s not the kind of trip you can just change everything round at short notice.

Bet they’ll be first in the queue if we make the playoffs though. As you can tell it is rather irritating to be honest.
It is poor indeed, ultimately we are still very much in a promotion hunt, granted 3% probably of auto but the play offs and a huge day out at Wembley is 50% away if we make the top 7. Its bonkers.

leedsvaliant

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
It is poor indeed, ultimately we are still very much in a promotion hunt, granted 3% probably of auto but the play offs and a huge day out at Wembley is 50% away if we make the top 7. Its bonkers.
Having calmed down a bit from the other day I agree. It would be so Vale to sneak into the playoffs after stinking form and go on to win them.

As has been said, if we'd have been in 9th before the last game and won it to get in a playoff position, everyone would be buzzing. We've had 25 points from 12 games, which is promotion form. It's just the fact that our losses have clumped together at the wrong time.

I'm in 2 minds still whether to look out for the scores or just completely detach myself from it and then check later on. I don't think I can stand all that 'as it stands ' nonsense.

chipmunx

Reaction score
Supports
Barrow AFC
Northampton's record in league matches at Barrow;- P7 W3 D1 L3... a 3 in 7 chance of the win they need then....

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
Having calmed down a bit from the other day I agree. It would be so Vale to sneak into the playoffs after stinking form and go on to win them.

As has been said, if we'd have been in 9th before the last game and won it to get in a playoff position, everyone would be buzzing. We've had 25 points from 12 games, which is promotion form. It's just the fact that our losses have clumped together at the wrong time.

I'm in 2 minds still whether to look out for the scores or just completely detach myself from it and then check later on. I don't think I can stand all that 'as it stands ' nonsense.
I will be focusing on Sutton and Swindon from the away end rather than the 3 above us if I am honest! I envisage Scunthorpe taking an early lead to give everyone hope then Rovers roaring back to re-dampen everyone second half!

kieran_vale

Reaction score
Supports
I know it won’t be popular but just go out with the intention of taking it to 0-0 at half time. By then the picture for Exeters title hopes and what we need playoff wise will be clear. Ideally would rather we try and see if can finish fourth or fifth to give us the home leg second but that’s just a nice to have on top of making them.

saddler78

Reaction score
Supports
walsall
I think that might be bloke in a pub type nonsense chat given nothing official has been announced by either club. I doubt logistically moving your own fans 2 days before a game would be doable, however will be delighted to be wrong.
Heard nothing our end so it's as it was I'd guess despite what some of our mentally challenged fans may say I want us to win Saturday it's my team I always want them to win.

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
I know it won’t be popular but just go out with the intention of taking it to 0-0 at half time. By then the picture for Exeters title hopes and what we need playoff wise will be clear. Ideally would rather we try and see if can finish fourth or fifth to give us the home leg second but that’s just a nice to have on top of making them.
I don’t think we should fear it, we went to FGR and took them apart when they were flying, only side to win at Salford since January, went Burton with bloody Amoo and Rodney up front and won! Thrive of the occasion.

We need a huge performance as we’ve said, don’t care that Exeter are up for it, what I care about is we match that as our need is arguably greater, they will be league one regardless so if we are not pumped to the max to do everything we can to try and get a result then I would seriously start to question the character.

If we put in a big performance and still lose fair enough well done Exeter and hopefully results elsewhere go our way but what won’t be acceptable is if we put in the flat half arsed efforts of the past couple of weeks and don’t think they’d be forgiven for that. They have to want to put it right. It’s potentially last chance saloon if Swindon and Sutton do their job.

Don’t roll over let them have a party and make it an easy afternoon. Christ 1100 of us making a 400 mile round trip I would hope for something from the lads.

It’ll be tough but I’m quite relaxed about it now the autos are over.

kieran_vale

Reaction score
Supports
I don’t think we should fear it, we went to FGR and took them apart when they were flying, only side to win at Salford since January, went Burton with bloody Amoo and Rodney up front and won! Thrive of the occasion.

We need a huge performance as we’ve said, don’t care that Exeter are up for it, what I care about is we match that as our need is arguably greater, they will be league one regardless so if we are not pumped to the max to do everything we can to try and get a result then I would seriously start to question the character.

If we put in a big performance and still lose fair enough well done Exeter and hopefully results elsewhere go our way but what won’t be acceptable is if we put in the flat half arsed efforts of the past couple of weeks and don’t think they’d be forgiven for that. They have to want to put it right. It’s potentially last chance saloon if Swindon and Sutton do their job.

Don’t roll over let them have a party and make it an easy afternoon. Christ 1100 of us making a 400 mile round trip I would hope for something from the lads.

It’ll be tough but I’m quite relaxed about it now the autos are over.

The good news and why I think we might turn them over is the team while being terrible front runners are at their best when expectations are low or being written off.

Will tell very early on how up for the task our players are by if they can execute our high press better than we have recently. That has been very off and when that doesn’t work we look ordinary. Get Gibbo or someone like that fly in with a reducer early and then take it from there. Happy to risk the early booking just to let them know they’re not having it all their own way.

Fedora Dale

Reaction score
Supports
Rochdale
Newport v Dale. Dead rubber, but one or two points of interest.

1. The young lads. Ethan Brierley did well against the Gas last week. Jordan Scanlon, Peter Thomas and goalie Brad Kelly have made the bench for the league but not got on yet.

2. Tweaking the nipples of the footballing gods here, but if we avoid a red card that means we've done the whole season without one. Which in turn means..

3. We're top of the fair play league for L2. Don't know exactly how the points work, but we need something like no more than three more bookings than Exeter to stay ahead.

4. Finn Azaz. Played very well on loan at Newport; also played for Robbie Stockdale at WBA U21's. Whilst his plans for next year probably involve trying to get into Villa's first team rather than another loan in L2, there's no harm in being polite to the lad :)

Might be a good game, too...

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
The good news and why I think we might turn them over is the team while being terrible front runners are at their best when expectations are low or being written off.

Will tell very early on how up for the task our players are by if they can execute our high press better than we have recently. That has been very off and when that doesn’t work we look ordinary. Get Gibbo or someone like that fly in with a reducer early and then take it from there. Happy to risk the early booking just to let them know they’re not having it all their own way.
It’s not unwinnable it’s a league two game between 1st and 6th so hardly a gimmie but will be incredibly tough, just need a performance, regardless of result to take into the play offs should we make them or to at least sign off the season.

I’m pretty chilled, the play offs bizarrely feel a let down after where we were so what will be will be, sure if we make them I’ll be buzzing but if we put in a shitter again from the position we were in to blow it in such style we wouldn’t deserve to be in them, nor clearly mentally ready for a league one campaign.

If you think about it, Exeter have had what? 5 or 6 seasons challenging before making it, FGR 4, Newport a couple of lost finals, Mansfield a few. It’s a big ask to completely rebuild a squad and turn into a promotion side in the first season, if we do it especially in the tragic circumstances it would be an unreal effort but I trust under Carol and the staff we currently have any failure this year will see us push harder next. This isn’t Smurf or V2001 anymore.

Gassy

Reaction score
Supports
Bristol Rovers

Good, let the day trippers go. After watching your last 2 home games they did nothing positive for you

Bartonyellow

Reaction score
Supports
Burton Albion
Heard nothing our end so it's as it was I'd guess despite what some of our mentally challenged fans may say I want us to win Saturday it's my team I always want them to win.
I’m going Saturday so I’ve shown some interest lately for this plus my mate is a saddler, will be willing them on to win.
No chance be of away fans outnumbering home fans, even if they get the 4,000. There will be 5,000 home fans for this minimum, interest seems quite high for tickets. Could be a 9k gate which is very good. I don’t think this will be the away win some are predicting - home form is very good since Flynn arrived. I predict a 2-2 draw.

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
Good, let the day trippers go. After watching your last 2 home games they did nothing positive for you
A lot of season ticket holders who game every away game missed out. Fans camped overnight and queued from 6am and missed out. It’s poor from those who clearly mopped the tickets up and now have decided only an automatic promotion party will do.

This game is the biggest in years regardless, I can’t get why you wouldn’t want to be there for it!

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
Had a feeling this would happen... Dazzler returns to the touchline tomorrow! Massive Boost! Can't imagine he will tolerate a half arsed performance.

kieran_vale

Reaction score
Supports
Had a feeling this would happen... Dazzler returns to the touchline tomorrow! Massive Boost! Can't imagine he will tolerate a half arsed performance.

Really pleased he’s feeling up to doing this and I think it’s needed. Nothing but respect for Crozzer for the job he’s done but that Newport game DC I don’t think would have made the subs we did and suspect he’d have let them know more bluntly the performance wasn’t acceptable.

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
Really pleased he’s feeling up to doing this and I think it’s needed. Nothing but respect for Crozzer for the job he’s done but that Newport game DC I don’t think would have made the subs we did and suspect he’d have let them know more bluntly the performance wasn’t acceptable.
Crosby deserve huge plaudits, he isn't a manager after all and led us on that crazy run but he has struggled the last couple of games. As said its a miracle in the circumstances we managed to get as far as we have and he deserves to be recognised for that fact.

Hopefully now DC can finish the job.

Conker

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield Town FC
Twitter
@CONKS__
I just hope Quinn is back for Mansfield, only won a few games without him throughout the season and clearly missed him on Monday. Think it be a good game with both teams going for it.

The Terminator

Reaction score
Supports
Leyton Orient
Our game with Tranmere is now a “sell out” so that means a crowd of around 6500 with 800 away fans.

12th place means a lot to us!!

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale

Should be emotional tomorrow, what a man!

kieran_vale

Reaction score
Supports
Seems reading between the lines DC hasn’t been that impressed with the mentality of some of our players in the last few games. Certainly against Newport I think it’s a fair charge to level and the second half against Walsall also.

I think this is exactly the kind of occasion I’d bring Lucas back for. Lewis Cass earlier this season mentioned that Lucas enables us to play a high line. Time to move on from the Kung Fu kick. Then go Gibbo in for either Worrall or Benning. Preferably Worrall as he looks like he’s emptied the tank.

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
Seems reading between the lines DC hasn’t been that impressed with the mentality of some of our players in the last few games. Certainly against Newport I think it’s a fair charge to level and the second half against Walsall also.

I think this is exactly the kind of occasion I’d bring Lucas back for. Lewis Cass earlier this season mentioned that Lucas enables us to play a high line. Time to move on from the Kung Fu kick. Then go Gibbo in for either Worrall or Benning. Preferably Worrall as he looks like he’s emptied the tank.
Or as the Ale and Vale said go 4-3-3 so you dont ask as much from Woz and Hussey?

Depends on Hall though as Martin and Smith in a 2 would be slow as!

hellogregory

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle United
looks like we’ve got a lot of players out injured for tomorrow.

Therefore I’m revising my match prediction. I don’t think it’ll be as convincing as I first predicted.

So

Bradford City 1-2 Carlisle United

Trapdoor

Reaction score
Supports
Exeter

You dont want to play high line against us, that's suicide. We love playing over the top into channels and with people like Caprice and Key on the wings we will get in behind you.
Press us in midfield and play it on the deck. We are pretty good in the air at the back but not the quickest, so you will probably beat us in a foot race.

leedsvaliant

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
You dont want to play high line against us, that's suicide. We love playing over the top into channels and with people like Caprice and Key on the wings we will get in behind you.
Press us in midfield and play it on the deck. We are pretty good in the air at the back but not the quickest, so you will probably beat us in a foot race.
We've got nobody with any pace, so we won't win on that score. The times we have been most successful is when we hassle and harry. Our levels seem to have dropped off a cliff but we need to be at it from the off.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tbwomble

Latest posts

Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!