National League Fixtures 5th Feb

chief

Reaction score
Supports
Wrexham
That's ourselves and Notts County out of the title hunt then. Playoffs it is.

Cashis

Reaction score
Supports
Chesterfield
We switch wingers up a bit, Weston and Ling started. Saunders came on could have been him, skinny lad.
He was black so it was Weston. Skinned King a couple of times. Enjoyed your keeper playing out from the back as much as possible. Also enjoyed the fan who came out after the match who I heard apologise to the steward for being aggressive cos he’d just had a line and the unit who came out dressed like Macklemore in a huge brown coat with the worlds skinniest jeans. You Southerners can get away wi’ wearing ‘owt.

chief

Reaction score
Supports
Wrexham
Parkinson serving up another insipid display with barely a shot on goal to mention.

he-cant-keep-getting-away-with-it-fed-up.gif
Absolute waste. We have the biggest budget Aby team down here has ever had and we've wasted it by letting him utilise it.

7th after 26 games ffs, if we're serious about winning the title we'd get a decent manager in now. I expect we'll persevere with him, finish 6th and limp out of the playoffs at the eliminator stage.

Posh Harry

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
Couldn't have been more spot on with this based on the first half. We are absolutely WANK at converting guilt edged chances. Ryan Taylor is just a ginger LJL, really hasn't been pulling his weight for months now, yet starts every game because Hurst never signed any competition for him.
One of the most bizarre posts I have ever seen. I thought you were taking the piss until you further backed it up on another post. Wow.

Taylor is a quality player at this level, excellent at holding the ball up and bringing others into play every time I have see him. Just don’t understand what you are watching. Each to their own!

OneDecentLester

Reaction score
Supports
Chesterfield FC
He was black so it was Weston. Skinned King a couple of times. Enjoyed your keeper playing out from the back as much as possible. Also enjoyed the fan who came out after the match who I heard apologise to the steward for being aggressive cos he’d just had a line and the unit who came out dressed like Macklemore in a huge brown coat with the worlds skinniest jeans. You Southerners can get away wi’ wearing ‘owt.
Always liked Weston, one of those old school wingers that just bombs it down the line and whips it in, nothing fancy just effective.

On the whole though, King definitely got the better of him over the 90 but it was a great battle. Not sure who was on the right for Dagenham but Whittle gave him nothing all game.

Wooderson

Reaction score
Supports
Notts County
Absolute waste. We have the biggest budget Aby team down here has ever had and we've wasted it by letting him utilise it.

7th after 26 games ffs, if we're serious about winning the title we'd get a decent manager in now. I expect we'll persevere with him, finish 6th and limp out of the playoffs at the eliminator stage.

I don’t blame you for being pissed off. With the money you and Stockport have spent in transfer fees and wages it should be the two of you 10 points clear of the rest in a titanic battle for top spot. I expect Stockport to confirm the title with victory over Chesterfield on Tuesday night, however - anything less would be a major failure for DC now from this position.

Still think you have a decent chance in the playoffs, but you need 5th place MINIMUM.

Master D

Reaction score
Supports
The Natural Order

The only way he's still here next season is promotion IMO. Even a playoff final defeat would see him binned.

We should be winning the league or at least be embroiled in a title race with our budget. I could only imagine what someone like Garrard could do with our budget.

And before people start banging on about "no divine right" etc etc, that goes out the window when you've this much money, success has to happen.

nuffsaid

Reaction score
Supports
Stockport County
I don’t blame you for being pissed off. With the money you and Stockport have spent in transfer fees and wages it should be the two of you 10 points clear of the rest in a titanic battle for top spot. I expect Stockport to confirm the title with victory over Chesterfield on Tuesday night, however - anything less would be a major failure for DC now from this position.

Still think you have a decent chance in the playoffs, but you need 5th place MINIMUM.
Oh dear here we go again, "major failure for DC" etc . I really am sick of this BS, the FACTS are:
a) Although it undoubtedly helps having a large budget is no guarantee of success.
b) We are only 1 point clear with 18 games left to play.
c) Not only do the teams in 2nd, 4th and 5th have games in hand, what makes your claim even more astonishing is that winning the title is not even in our own hands (if we won all of our games Boreham Wood could still finish above us!)
d) Our next two games are against the 2nd and 4th placed teams so we may well drop points in one or both of those games.
e) We have the run-in from hell with our last 4 games against Boreham Wood, Chesterfield, Wrexham & Halifax and the 3 games prior to that run aren't exactly 'shoe-ins' either.
f) We are still in the FA trophy and whilst we have been able to put out reserve or half and half teams for the early rounds this will not be the case if we reach the QFs and beyond.
g) We dropped points at the start of the season that we were unlikely to have done if DC was manager and it's mainly because of his stewardship that we are even in the title race at all, so if we fail to gain promotion I have little doubt where the vast majority of our fans will be placing the blame.

I'll leave you with one question: like all football clubs you've had successes and failures, so are you now claiming that your failures were mainly just down to other clubs having more money than you and more importantly were your successes also down to the same thing?

chief

Reaction score
Supports
Wrexham
Oh dear here we go again, "major failure for DC" etc . I really am sick of this BS, the FACTS are:
a) Although it undoubtedly helps having a large budget is no guarantee of success.
c) Not only do the teams in 2nd, 4th and 5th have games in hand, what makes your claim even more astonishing is that winning the title is not even in our own hands (if we won all of our games Boreham Wood could still finish above us!)
d) Our next two games are against the 2nd and 4th placed teams so we may well drop points in one or both of those games.
e) We have the run-in from hell with our last 4 games against Boreham Wood, Chesterfield, Wrexham & Halifax and the 3 games prior to that run aren't exactly 'shoe-ins' either.
f) We are still in the FA trophy and whilst we have been able to put out reserve or half and half teams for the early rounds this will not be the case if we reach the QFs and beyond.
g) We dropped points at the start of the season that we were unlikely to have done if DC was manager and it's mainly because of his stewardship that we are even in the title race at all, so if we fail to gain promotion I have little doubt where the vast majority of our fans will be placing the blame.

I'll leave you with one question: like all football clubs you've had successes and failures, so are you now claiming that your failures were mainly just down to other clubs having more money than you and more importantly were your successes also down to the same thing?
Mate, he was just joking.

Cashis

Reaction score
Supports
Chesterfield
A whole alphabetised response as well, blimey.

Son of Cod

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
If only someone had told all you Wrexham lot at the start of the season that Parkinson was a shite appointment. I bet you definitely wouldn't have discounted that information had they done so...

chief

Reaction score
Supports
Wrexham
If only someone had told all you Wrexham lot at the start of the season that Parkinson was a shite appointment. I bet you definitely wouldn't have discounted that information had they done so...
Not like you mention it a lot!

OneDecentLester

Reaction score
Supports
Chesterfield FC
Apart from me they all want to stick with him. I'd get Paul Cook in tomorrow.
Rowe seems like a basket case of a man but he does know how to get a team up and running.
Missed this one yesterday. I’d suggest that it would be extremely unlikely that Paul Cook would be interested in managing Notts whilst you’re in this league

The only reason he’s linked with us whilst we’re at this level is because of his history here. If we don’t get him, which is probably the most likely outcome given he wants to stay at league 1 / championship level, then I’ve genuinely got no clue who we’re going to go for. No likely candidates really stand out to me atm

Optipez

Reaction score
Supports
Notts County

Missed this one yesterday. I’d suggest that it would be extremely unlikely that Paul Cook would be interested in managing Notts whilst you’re in this league

The only reason he’s linked with us whilst we’re at this level is because of his history here. If we don’t get him, which is probably the most likely outcome given he wants to stay at league 1 / championship level, then I’ve genuinely got no clue who we’re going to go for. No likely candidates really stand out to me atm
I'd doubt it too but I'd employ him today if it was an option.

EnglishRed

Reaction score
Supports
Wrexham
If it was the same Ajibola who has reff'd at NLS level this season, then I can only believe that the Conference committee had run out of refs for NL level for today's fixtures. I've seen him ref many games at Longmead (Tonbridge Angels) and the man is an absolute clown. One of those who think the crowd have turned up just to watch him.

With refs like that they are so inept and make so many bad calls its then complete luck whether or not their random decisions go your way or not.

chrisblor

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
One of the most bizarre posts I have ever seen. I thought you were taking the piss until you further backed it up on another post. Wow.

Taylor is a quality player at this level, excellent at holding the ball up and bringing others into play every time I have see him. Just don’t understand what you are watching. Each to their own!

It's bizarre I don't think a player isn't very good? Give it a rest. His hold up play is average and he's missed loads of chances in good positions in recent games. If we ever want to compete at the top of this division he's the sort of player who'd be ok as a backup, but nowhere near good enough to be starting every match.

TheShayWay

Reaction score
Supports
Halifax
So Wrexham fan's don't seem happy today thats the impression I'm getting.

jacobncfc

Reaction score
Supports
notts county

1644147726704.jpeg

jacobncfc

Reaction score
Supports
notts county
We were rubbish yesterday on reflection, but to be honest Grimsby were the best opposition team I’ve seen all season by an absolute mile. Must’ve raised their game for the big occasion or something.

Master D

Reaction score
Supports
The Natural Order
We were rubbish yesterday on reflection, but to be honest Grimsby were the best opposition team I’ve seen all season by an absolute mile. Must’ve raised their game for the big occasion or something.
It's a team fully playing for their manager, despite what their fans think. I think they still want him out, not sure today though as it changes week by week.

jacobncfc

Reaction score
Supports
notts county
It's a team fully playing for their manager, despite what their fans think. I think they still want him out, not sure today though as it changes week by week.

Absolutely baffling to me that they’ve been in such bad form after seeing them yesterday. Only other team I’ve seen move the ball that sharply this season is us on a good day (which yesterday was clearly not), but they had the added threat of much more physicality as well. Probably the best side I’ve seen against us since Barrow dismantled us when they were on that amazing run the year they went up.

Son of Cod

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
We've played as good as that a few times this season and not got anything or only got a point, but I do think there was an element of them raising their game in the second half. What was especially pleasing was that they kept on plugging away even after 25/30 minutes of pinning you back for most of the half. I don't think we created too many chance in that period but the intensity was well and truly there.
I've been ardently HURST IN all season so I'm not having this on a personal level. One of his best qualities has always been getting the right mentality into the dressing room and it was evident yesterday.

Son of Cod

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
Absolutely baffling to me that they’ve been in such bad form after seeing them yesterday. Only other team I’ve seen move the ball that sharply this season is us on a good day (which yesterday was clearly not), but they had the added threat of much more physicality as well. Probably the best side I’ve seen against us since Barrow dismantled us when they were on that amazing run the year they went up.
It's been baffling at times for us as well. Hurst has said in his post-mactches a few times that he just can't say what went wrong so much so that he sent Ben Davies out after a recent defeat because he was just having the same conversation every week in our BBC interviews. It's obviously not been like that all season, there have been plenty of matches that we didn't deserve anything from but that terrible loss of form really wasn't a true reflection of our performances on the whole, just like our first 10 or so matches when we were top didn't really paint the full picture as we'd gotten away with it a bit in some of those.

Harrier94

Reaction score
Supports
Kidderminster Harriers
Rollercoaster of a day yesterday. I honestly think I'd have preferred to have been smashed 4-1 or something. With 10 minutes to go I honestly believed we'd do it. Unbelievable effort from the Harriers players, to lead 5th in the Prem until the 91st minute then even in extra time no crumble until the 121st showed just how good this team can be. Every single player on the pitch gave everything.

Penny's goal and the euphoria in the stands is something I won't forget. Matt Preston is an absolute unit and I can't see Solihull letting us keep him. In his first 4 games with us we hadn't conceded and he nearly made it 5/5.

But Declan Rice is a different level, the best player I've ever seen play at Aggborough, he dragged West Ham through that game as the other players on the pitch didn't seem up for it.

Back to the league now for us, if we keep this squad together I think we've got a great chance of joining you guys next season.

One final mention for Yarmolenko, what a diving rat. It was actually embarrassing to see back how bad that dive was.

Wooderson

Reaction score
Supports
Notts County
We've played as good as that a few times this season and not got anything or only got a point, but I do think there was an element of them raising their game in the second half. What was especially pleasing was that they kept on plugging away even after 25/30 minutes of pinning you back for most of the half. I don't think we created too many chance in that period but the intensity was well and truly there.

That’s the only time this season we’ve been really dominated like that for a lengthy spell, maybe we were backs against the wall a bit at Wrexham away too but that’s it. It was all the more surprising because Grimsby were pretty bad up until the penalty - loads of balls straight out, we were cutting you apart at times, away fans were getting noticeably frustrated - and we should have been 2/3 up! But yes, Grimsby really improved after Taylor’s miss, and I was pleased when we went in ahead at HT.

I thought we’d come out and try to settle it down a bit. However, the cods then dominated the next 30 minutes - we really struggled to match your intensity - until they finally got the leveller. That seemed to either wake us up a bit or Hurst was happy with a draw, and it was like the roles were reversed. But it looked like a point apiece until a rare loose ball from Palmer put Lacey in spot and he gave away the free kick from which you scored.

As I said before, very strange match, with Grimsby’s revival coming fairly out the blue. But I’m not going to throw the baby out with the bathwater like some. If we had indeed gone 2 up or nicked one in that 75-90 minute spell it would be us buzzing today and Grimsby fans suicidal, instead of the other way around. Certain players had an off day, and Wootton and Rodrigues really need to get back on their game. And as Jacob says, we need to stop the Brunt in midfield experiment. Either replace him with Vincent for Tuesday or drop Rodrigues for Vincent and move Brunt up the pitch.

Fair play to the Grimsby fans too for their enthusiastic support of the minute’s applause. 9,305 is a ridiculous gate for non-league football - nice one, messrs Fenty and Hardy!

pontoonlew

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby
Woke up this morning safe in the knowledge that my personal campaign to let the world know that John McAtee is the dogs bollocks has been absolutely justified

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bantamshell

Latest posts

Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!