National league North 2021-22

Darlo On Tour

Reaction score
Supports
Darlington
I've been to them all! It's 722 days since we won away with fans allowed in, we did win 3 behind closed doors though.

That's impressive mate! I use to try and get to them all but can't make them all these days due to other ongoing stuff. I still go to as many as I can like..

Darlo On Tour

Reaction score
Supports
Darlington
And 472 blues in attendance to see our first away win in 12 months, great support let’s hope things are on the up with Mr Watson in charge.

Great support especially with one or two results not going all that well over the last month or so. He'll be an asset having a new manager at the helm. I think you guys needed a change it was the only way forward.

The old managers did piss all today their new club were shite..

Darlo On Tour

Reaction score
Supports
Darlington
Cant quite believe that we have gone to Fylde (again!) and taken all 3 points, certainly didnt expect that result. If we can beat Curzon and then Fylde again at home we will have had a great Xmas!

Nice one! I must admit I wasn't all that impressed with Fylde a couple of weeks ago when we bagged 3 points.
Once we put the shackles on Nick Haughton they were toothless.

Prodigal

Reaction score
Supports
Chorley
Nice one! I must admit I wasn't all that impressed with Fylde a couple of weeks ago when we bagged 3 points.
Once we put the shackles on Nick Haughton they were toothless.
Haughton is the best player I think I have seen at this level, as you say if he can be shackled Fylde are severely restricted and how they expect to get goals with that Donkey Sampson up front the Lord only knows.

DarkSithLord

Reaction score
Supports
Alfreton
Twitter
@LiamHenton
Alfreton back on the road tomorrow with a first ever visit to York City`s new stadium.

Quietly confident we can pull off something of a surprise to be honest especially in Matt Rhead returns to the side.

Harrier94

Reaction score
Supports
Kidderminster Harriers
Very boring Christmas week for us. Hereford off yesterday, Kettering off tomorrow cos of Covid cases in their teams. Hopefully Sunday is on

ForzaCounty

Massive Member
Reaction score
Supports
Stockport Culture Club
I've been to them all! It's 722 days since we won away with fans allowed in, we did win 3 behind closed doors though.
Delighted to hear Dazzler was on the scoresheet, how's he doing for your lads

Railway Blue

Reaction score
Supports
Chester FC
I thought we were robbed today we were a lot superior against a poor Spendymoor side that was packed with incidents on and off the pitch. We need to start beating poor teams like the 'Pride of County Durham'

As for the incidents in this feisty local match I think I'd be here all night. I don't even recall our keeper having to move a muscle throughout the game. And with three of our first team players non starters I thought we played very well.

Man of the match for Spendy was definitely their keeper Eve. I thought we had a great shout for a penalty with a hand ball in the first half, easily taken goal from top marksman Charman!
As for the referee another contentious clown in charge, standard of referees in this league are getting worse, got what he wanted by giving Charman his marching orders. I can't wait to see the referees face when he looks at the footage, fuckin knob-head!

Great round of applause from the fans for Osagi Bascome who was killed in Bermuda last week.
And why the fuckin hell do 'Spendymoor' fans sing 'We hate Darlo' I'm afraid to say there's only one club allowed to voice that roar and that's our rivals 'Hartlepool'

Also on a side-note the attendance dear me 2,400 no fuckin way, 1,800 Spendy fans :fl:
B and J can't win in the north east even when they are the home team.

Railway Blue

Reaction score
Supports
Chester FC
Great support especially with one or two results not going all that well over the last month or so. He'll be an asset having a new manager at the helm. I think you guys needed a change it was the only way forward.

The old managers did piss all today their new club were shite..
Yes I knew as soon as we got a manager with even a modicum of tactical nous we'd improve. Didn't go today as I'm in Scotland, but reports saying that our defence was much improved.

Railway Blue

Reaction score
Supports
Chester FC
He was chronically awful at the start of the season so much so that he was only getting cameos at the end of games. Last 3 or 4 games he seems to have woken up and was m-o-m yesterday having been involved in all 3 goals. Looks like an asset now.

Bluandwite

Reaction score
Supports
Chester FC
Pretty much what Railway Blue said, been poor and has looked really lazy but something seems to have clicked in the last few weeks. Bern & Jonno played him through the middle but looks a hell of a lot better out wide. Mind you that's where he should have been all season.

Darlo On Tour

Reaction score
Supports
Darlington
Haughton is the best player I think I have seen at this level, as you say if he can be shackled Fylde are severely restricted and how they expect to get goals with that Donkey Sampson up front the Lord only knows.

Absolutely totally agree on that one, normally frightens the living daylights out of us with his pace, trickery and speed. He's the real deal for this level. Take him out of the equation and Fylde are absolutely knackered.

Sampson missed a sitter five yards out in the closing stages against us. In his defence like our keeper pulled of a superb save to deny him.

Darlo On Tour

Reaction score
Supports
Darlington
B and J can't win in the north east even when they are the home team.

I can't honestly see them improving Spendy's form in our league. It's a horrible club after what I saw yesterday with some of their players I'd be ashamed if I was on the touchline looking at them. What a fuckin bunch of whinging attention seekers, persistently complaining to the atrocious referee in a irritating way it was mortifying.

I feel sorry for B & J they are a couple of good blokes as well.

Darlo On Tour

Reaction score
Supports
Darlington
2 of Alty's strikers loaned out to NLN clubs this week I see - Tom Peers to Curzon and Marcus Dinanga to Kidderminster. The fact that both our No 9s have been sent away without a replacement speaks volumes.
I'd sooner never see either of them again.

Peers was just about serviceable in NLN, but has a conversion rate of around 1 in 10 chances. He actually left us in 2018/19 for FCUM, as he wasn't getting a start. I was sorely disappointed when he re-signed the following season.

Dinanga is utterly hopeless, I can't believe he got a football league gig. I remember the day I first saw him in warm ups when we played Notts County (ironically he scored that day).

He was put in front of the goal with the ageing Steve Drench, and balls were invitingly rolled in to his feet 8 yards out. He missed absolutely everything - into the keeper's arms, wide of both posts, over the bar, the lot. That day was his last league goal, 3 months ago I think.

Marcus Dinanga's career has seem to have gone two steps forward and one step back ever since he had a great spell at Matlock Town a few years back. He went on to score 34 goals in all competitions for the club during the loan spell.

Astonishingly he's only 24-year-old as well seems to be as though he's been around for donkey's years.

ForzaCounty

Massive Member
Reaction score
Supports
Stockport Culture Club
Pretty much what Railway Blue said, been poor and has looked really lazy but something seems to have clicked in the last few weeks. Bern & Jonno played him through the middle but looks a hell of a lot better out wide. Mind you that's where he should have been all season.
Yep might cause a little confusion since he likes to switch but he'll always be a wide man. Both his full seasons with us, I remember him transforming after Christmas and becoming a vital part of the side, dunno what it is with him but I hope he does the same for your lot

BigDaveCUFC

Reaction score
Supports
Curzon Ashton....and Carlisle
Curzon Ashton 0-0 Southport

The point we earned today was absolute daylight robbery. Bar a 10 minute period at the start of the second half Curzon dominated the match, even when they went down to 10 men after a horrific "tackle". We had too many players having off days, and our formation gave their full-backs license to push forwards and always give them an extra attacking option. Cam Mason kept us in the game a few times, and our central defenders dealt with most balls into the box, but at the other end there was very little other than a Carver shot just wide, a clearance off the line from a corner, and a powder-puff header into the ground and straight at their keeper. Their keeper flapped at the few balls we managed to put in their box, and it's disappointing we didn't test him out more.

It was also the first time in a very long time that we've outnumbered home fans anywhere. Just a shame we had little to shout about.

a fair report.

Felt sorry fro our team they didn't win because their response to the sending off was fantastic and warrented a little luck in front of goal, but its story of the season, we'd maybe even be top this season but cannot quite turn good play into goals.

dominated first half, southport came out and had a great 15 minutes when they could have had a couple of goals, but that was really it from them all game. Curzon got back into it then went down to 10 with a reckless and needless challenge, but again dominated rest of game with 10 men.............sadly just could not score.

On the positive side the manager has realised attack just suits our team, even if we dont have the quality to always open teams up we dont this season need to play mass defence and hope to counter, if we are going to be unable to challenge the top i'd rather do it by open attack style and enjoy the games than try for draws and nicked wins.

Our killer is the need for speed in centre forward position..............Hobson our forward I do like, I watched him when I have watched Stalybridge and he was good, big, strong and energetic.....but from what i have seen this season pace gets results here, not height and strength.

I think it is that usual non-league assumption of bringing in a 'big guy' up front, but all defences i have seen this season are full of big, strong good in the air defenders who are mostly all slow as a broken cart........we always looked our most dangerous with 3 fast, energetic, moving forward players supported by energetic midfielders, injuries and sales have robbed us of keeping that set-up, but think we need to keep looking about for it.

Chorley next we will give them a bloody good game, question is can we score!! I genuinely believe Curzon could have been top this season is they have a fast, scoring forward................suppose that is the difference between Curzon's budget and others here, we can never get that complete side.

Prodigal

Reaction score
Supports
Chorley
a fair report.

Felt sorry fro our team they didn't win because their response to the sending off was fantastic and warrented a little luck in front of goal, but its story of the season, we'd maybe even be top this season but cannot quite turn good play into goals.

dominated first half, southport came out and had a great 15 minutes when they could have had a couple of goals, but that was really it from them all game. Curzon got back into it then went down to 10 with a reckless and needless challenge, but again dominated rest of game with 10 men.............sadly just could not score.

On the positive side the manager has realised attack just suits our team, even if we dont have the quality to always open teams up we dont this season need to play mass defence and hope to counter, if we are going to be unable to challenge the top i'd rather do it by open attack style and enjoy the games than try for draws and nicked wins.

Our killer is the need for speed in centre forward position..............Hobson our forward I do like, I watched him when I have watched Stalybridge and he was good, big, strong and energetic.....but from what i have seen this season pace gets results here, not height and strength.

I think it is that usual non-league assumption of bringing in a 'big guy' up front, but all defences i have seen this season are full of big, strong good in the air defenders who are mostly all slow as a broken cart........we always looked our most dangerous with 3 fast, energetic, moving forward players supported by energetic midfielders, injuries and sales have robbed us of keeping that set-up, but think we need to keep looking about for it.

Chorley next we will give them a bloody good game, question is can we score!! I genuinely believe Curzon could have been top this season is they have a fast, scoring forward................suppose that is the difference between Curzon's budget and others here, we can never get that complete side.
Be interesting to see what happens this afternoon, sadly cant make it, we dont give much away you dont score but we are hardly free scoring, sounds a bit like a goalless draw, doesn't it?

BigDaveCUFC

Reaction score
Supports
Curzon Ashton....and Carlisle
Be interesting to see what happens this afternoon, sadly cant make it, we dont give much away you dont score but we are hardly free scoring, sounds a bit like a goalless draw, doesn't it?

thomas is injured which is a big problem, 3 loaners in to cover mass of injuries so may do well or worse than we have

Clem Fandango

Reaction score
Supports
Gloucester City
Southport already 4 up against Farsley.

No game for us due to covid in Hereford's squad.

As for us, Mansell has massively sorted out our leaky defence but we struggle to score and if we do it's almost always Hulbert and his loan is up soon. Assume we'll recall Danny King who has been banging them in for Nuneaton league below, a strange loan move that really. Bernard Mensah started Boxing Day and I don't think he won a single header let alone showed any kind of threat, he's been a major disappointment. Dejon Noel-Williams is another who just doesn't look good enough currently. Might see some big changes again in January.

Prodigal

Reaction score
Supports
Chorley
Haha here is me saying goalless draw and we end up winning a seesaw game 4-3, never would have predicted that! That's 6 from 6 so far, we welcome Fylde back to VP next on Sunday.

Fyldefan

Reaction score
Supports
Afc fylde
I’ve had covid all bloody Christmas. Haven’t seen a single ball get kicked. I know a few that went on against Chorley and gave me a match report. Speak to my mate later and ask how today went.

eightiesrobin

Reaction score
Supports
Altrincham
Marcus Dinanga's career has seem to have gone two steps forward and one step back ever since he had a great spell at Matlock Town a few years back. He went on to score 34 goals in all competitions for the club during the loan spell.

Astonishingly he's only 24-year-old as well seems to be as though he's been around for donkey's years.
I remember that season, we played Matlock in the FA cup that year. I don't much like confidence players, they spend 86% of their careers playing with none, it seems.

Bluandwite

Reaction score
Supports
Chester FC
Chester 2-2 Fylde

I'd have been happy with a point beforehand but gutted not to take all three, we deserved to. Fylde took their only chances in the 2nd half after Perkins got himself sent off for lashing out and hitting Weeks in the face/throat. Wasn't a surprise one of them found a way to get sent off, team of pantomime villains.

Maybe new manager bounce who knows but we look hugely improved.

Kenneth Dodd

Reaction score
Supports
Chester
I’ve had covid all bloody Christmas. Haven’t seen a single ball get kicked. I know a few that went on against Chorley and gave me a match report. Speak to my mate later and ask how today
Decent game with keeper howlers at both ends, we played the only two forwards we have available due to covid with a keeper 3 defenders and a defensive midfielder on the bench.

Minstermen central

Reaction score
Supports
York City
Starting to warm to Askey,brought 4 players in and all seem to be an improvement on what he inherited.
Finally got some pace in team that was badly missing.
Jesus Alfreton we’re appalling and showed no desire to play football,all they want to do is get a throw in and lob into to fat boy Rhead,he must be knackered with all running back to defend corners.
The ref today and every time he refs was embarrassing poor he should retire.

GTFCfish

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
Jesus Alfreton we’re appalling and showed no desire to play football,all they want to do is get a throw in and lob into to fat boy Rhead,he must be knackered with all running back to defend corners.
Rhead gets knackered even just sitting on the bench.

DarkSithLord

Reaction score
Supports
Alfreton
Twitter
@LiamHenton
Starting to warm to Askey,brought 4 players in and all seem to be an improvement on what he inherited.
Finally got some pace in team that was badly missing.
The ref today and every time he refs was embarrassing poor he should retire.
:fl::fl:

Yes we came to frustrate for sure and our keeper took the piss with time wasting. However we havent trained for a week and have no actual training base at all now our pitch is knackered. Our tight arse of a chairman wont pay.
So with that it mind. i thought we were excellent, showed bundles of resilence and on another day could have nicked an undeserved point. You have loads of possession and corners but did very little.

In fact we may have had as many shots as you on target in the second half.

You wont be going anywhere based on that.
As for the ref he was excellent I thought Very fair. Embrassing set up by the way. The people at the gate to let us in to the press area. Didnt even know who Alfreton was or how to spell them! lol

DarkSithLord

Reaction score
Supports
Alfreton
Twitter
@LiamHenton
I can't honestly see them improving Spendy's form in our league. It's a horrible club after what I saw yesterday with some of their players I'd be ashamed if I was on the touchline looking at them. What a fuckin bunch of whinging attention seekers, persistently complaining to the atrocious referee in a irritating way it was mortifying.

I feel sorry for B & J they are a couple of good blokes as well.
B and J good blokes? Joking arent you lol?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
feby2112

Latest posts

Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!