Promotions/Relegations up and down the pyramid

Jemfy

Reaction score
Supports
AFC Rushden & Diamonds
Given how well covered the promotion and relegation issues are at step 1 of non-league (The conference), I thought it would be good to do a thread covering lower down the pyramid. Here are the stakes of who is promoted and relegated, and how things stand. At the end is a short summary of teams who can get promoted or relegated on Monday, and those that are already moving divisions. I have split this over several posts as the initial one was too long (10,000 character limit apparently!). I'll separate out each step, and then the summary at the end.

I am not at this point covering playoffs, since there are far too many possibilities there, though I will give a mention. I will also highlight teams as relegated even if they are potentially in line to receive a reprieve (I'm making the argument that they are relegated, and then that relegation is cancelled, plus there could be changes in how many are available, and how they are applied - I am giving a summary of reprieves as things stand)

The structure I'm going to cover is from step 2 to step 5 including promotion from step 5 but not relegation from or promotion to step 5 - this is often extremely complicated with 16 leagues at 6, 14 at 5 and all sorts of concerns over gradings, geography, step 5 league sizes and probably internal politics! (I hear it depends on your half time cake offerings in the UCL!).

The structure is as this:
Step 2 - Conference North and South
4 promoted - 2 champions, 2 from playoffs 2nd-5th in each division, 1 legged at higher placed team's ground
6 relegated - bottom 3 from each division (22 team leagues)

Step 3 - Northern Premier League, Southern League and Isthmian League Premier Divisions
6 promoted - 3 champions, 3 from playoffs 2nd-5th in each division, 1 legged at higher placed team's ground.
12 relegated - bottom 4 in each division (24 team leagues)

Step 4 - Northern Premier League and Isthmian League Division 1 North and South, Southern League Division 1 Central and South & West
12 promoted - 6 champions, 6 from playoffs 2nd-5th in each division, 1 legged at higher placed team's ground
14 relegated - bottom 2 in each division plus 3rd bottom in Isthmian divisions (run with 24 teams instead of 22)

Step 5 - Too many to name, regional leagues.
14 promoted - preference to 1 per division, highest finishing eligible candidate.

Key notes:
1. There have been mixed messages in the past about if lack of promotion from individual step 5 leagues will result in reprieves at step 4, or extra promotions at step 5 (with a complex set of criteria laid out previously). It has always been applied as extra reprieves at step 4, which is how I will lay it out, in theory if more than one reprieve per division (6 total) it should favour promotions as I understand it.
2. There are currently two reprieves based on teams dropping out of the pyramid from above step 5. All indications and rules state that they cannot come in higher than step 5, meaning that they will give reprieves at all levels below where they drop out, and take a relegation place from their own division (which now runs 1 club short). There are currently expected to be 2 more due to clubs not being promoted from step 5 divisions.
3. The reprieve from Hereford has to be applied in the Southern League at step 4, due to dropping out of the Southern Premier. It's an odd rule, but it appears to be there in black and white. The one from Salisbury can be applied to any division as they fell from above.
4. I may be missing some information on ground gradings results, or withdrawn applications for promotion. I am taking what I can find. I am using the FA published list of applicants, with added information from official notices from clubs or leagues for withdrawal of applications, or failings of ground gradings, and notifications of hearsay (which is most of them!).
5. I may be slightly off based on teams playing each other affecting things. I can check a lot, but that's just too much work in the few cases where it might make a difference, and that will all change so fast, it's not worth investing time in.

Here we go...

Jemfy

Reaction score
Supports
AFC Rushden & Diamonds
Step 2:
Promotion:

Conference North
The Conference North ran with it's full compliment of 22. The automatic promotion spot has gone to a two horse race between AFC Fylde and Barrow, with the latter leading by 5 points. Both clubs have 7 games remaining, making this a reasonable gap to overhaul, though not overly likely. 3rd placed Chorley trail by 8 and only have 6 games to play, so can reasonably, though not mathematically, be discounted from the title race.
Conference South
With Salisbury gone, the Conference South now operates with 21, meaning a full schedule is reduced to 40 games. It's a much tighter race, with Bromley having the advantage right now in terms of both points and games in hand. They are 2 points ahead of Boreham Wood, and with the latter having just 3 games left to play, it is likely to see Bromley take the title.

Relegation:
Conference North
Relegation is a little clearer, with 3 spots going Hyde have been relegated for a while now. The other two places are looking like a dogfight between Brackley and Stalybridge Celtic currently occupying the two remaining relegation spots, and both Leamington and Colwyn Bay looking over their shoulders. 2 points seperate these four teams, making it look like it will go down to the wire, though recent form of Colwyn Bay has prevented them from joining Staines! All except Stalybridge have 6 games, the Bridge have an extra one.
Conference South
Previously mentioned Salisbury went under, reducing the number of games in the Conference South, and taking an effective relegation spot, meaning two are left for the other cellar dwellers. Staines have already been gracious enough to accept a place in step 3 for next season meaning there is just one place left. With all the involved teams having just 4 games left, the fact that Farnborough trail the next pair of teams by 7 points suggests they will fall off any day now. This is confounded by the fact they have only 2 points from their last 6, including a draw with relegated Staines. Maidenhead and Hayes & Yeading should be wary, but aren't in too much danger.

Jemfy

Reaction score
Supports
AFC Rushden & Diamonds
Step 3:
Promotion:
Northern:

FCUM have all but tied this one up. 7 point lead with 1/2 games in hand on the two below them. FCUM play 6 more, 5 for Workington and 4 for Ilkeston. 4th placed Ashton actually set the target of 93 to win the league, also having 6 left to play. That's 9 more for FCUM as things stand, a highly likely target.
Isthmian:
Much tighter here, Maidstone lead the way, but Hendon are 5 behind with 2 in hand. Margate are a further 3 behind, but also with the 2 in hand, but a big gap to 4th makes this a 3 horse race. Maidstone probably favourties due to points in the bag, but this one will be intriguing and might go to the wire.
Southern:
Corby lead the way here, but have only a 2 point advantage over 2nd placed Poole Town, who have 3 games in hand! Though the advantage may hurt them somewhat as they have 7 games of the season to cram in, but I would still make them favourties. 3rd placed Truro are 8 behind the leaders without games in hand (4 to play each) and should probably be gearing up for the playoffs. A lot of turns to go in what looks like a 2 way battle. If Corby go up by either means it becomes likely they will go in to the Conference North as they have before, obviously depending on what happens elsewhere up and down the leagues.

Relegation: (4 down from each)
Northern:
Already relegated are Belper. Trafford have 2 games in hand, but 17 points to catch on 20th placed Frickley out of their maximum of 21, so all but gone too. Marine ans Stamford could both feasibly stay up with just 4 and 1 point to catch up respectively, though Stamford have played an extra game. It's probably 2 from those 3 joining the bottom pair in going down, but there are 4 teams on 48 (4 ahead of Frickley), one of which could potentially lose all their remaining games and be in trouble.
Isthmian:
Bury Town are gone, that's what 26 points from 42 games will do to you, they are just a point shy of being certain to finish dead last. This could be one of the tightest races though, as AFC Hornchurch have a game in hand, which they could use to catch the next pair - VCD Athletic and Witham, tieing all three on 41 points. They would all be relegated though if none could take that position to catch one of the group ahead on 45-48 points. I suspect that 4 point cushion may be enough that the teams in the danger zone take the drop, with most of them having just 4 games left to play.
Southern:
Already relegated are Burnham, along with Hereford United also going by the wayside for other reasons well documented on this forum! This leaves two spots, with Banbury and Arlsey currently prone to drop. The latter have 6 points to make up over 4 games to catch 20th placed Frome. Banbury have 2 games in hand on these sides, but need to catch up 11 points. Both look like they are going to be honest here. The gap is too big over too few games, especially for Banbury who would only be 1pt better off than Arlsey if they could win both games in hand, which is always unlikely at this end of the table.

Reprieves:
No reprieve due to Hereford (take relegation from SLP), but the one from Salisbury comes in here. This will be applied across all the leagues on a PPG basis (points per game). Right now it looks like it is heading to the 21st placed team in the Northern Premier (Stamford), the only team to have a PPG over 1. Witham in the Isthmian are close. This will all obviously change, but the SLP teams don't look like challenge on PPG.

Jemfy

Reaction score
Supports
AFC Rushden & Diamonds
Step 4:
Promotion:
Northern:

The Northern Premier Division 1 North (to give it the proper non-sponsor title) is also pretty well documented on this site. Currently leaders Salford have a 3pt gap on 2nd placed Darlington 1883. Darlo have a game in hand, and crucially significantly better GD. I can see this coming down to GD!
The NPD1S looks a bit clearer with Mickleover Sports 10 points ahead, though Leek Town's 2 games in hand could throw a spanner in those works somewhat. That said having 7 fixtures to cram in will likely put an end to the title challenge there, especially given that they would still need to make up a further 4 points if they win the games in hand.
Isthmian:
In the northern division Needham Market and Harlow Town have dominated this 24 team division all year with 96 and 93 points respectively. Both have 4 games left to play in a 2 horse race.
The Southern part has been even more conclusive, with Burgess Hill Town having wrapped up the title with a whopping 105 points with 4 games to spare. Impressively they have lost just once this season in the league.
Southern:
In SLD1C Kettering Town have all but concluded matters, with superior GD and a points gap of 12 with 4 games remaining for them and 2nd placed Aylesbury it's highly likely they will gain their promotion on Monday, with just a point needed for absolute certainty.
SLD1S&W wins the title for the longest division acronym, and provides a similar situation. Merthyr Town also with a 12 point lead over their rivals Stratford, both with 4 to play. Again promotion just a point away from mathematical certainty, with an even more looming GD advantage.

Relegation: (Northern & Southern 2 each, Isthmian 3 each)
Northern:
NLPD1N has Padiham already gone. New Mills sit in the danger zone (somebody call Kenny Loggins), with 1 game in hand to catch Radcliffe Borough 7 ahead, but 2 on Prescot Cables who are 8 ahead they aren't gone quite yet. That could all change soon though!
NLPD1S and the writing has been on the wall for Brigg Town who have 11 points from their 37 games, but it's not quite enough to relegate them until at least one more game is played. 5 games remain for most and Kidsgrove Athletic and Rainworth Miners Welfare are locked on 26 points, with advantage Kidsgrove - Rainworth have the slightly better GD (by 4), but only 4 games remaining. Neither likely to catch Market Drayton with a 5 point advantage and 5 games left to play. Brigg will be official soon, though their depressing -112 GD makes it all but certain anyway.
Isthmian:
Three each here. ILD1N and aside from Burnham Ramblers who have been gone for a long time, it's a tight battle with Romford ahead of Cray and Barkingside, though the latter two have a game in hand, they are both 2 points behind. Redbridge should probably keep an eye over their shoulders, but the extra 2 points they have on Romford, and therefore 4 on the relegation spots, could well see them safe from being caught by two of those behind them. Those games in hand are going to be huge in this one.
ILD1S has somehow still not officially relegated anyone yet! Horsham will drop soon though, 8 points from safety with 12 left to play for. Redhill are closest to joining them but only 4 points off Hastings in the lowest safe spot. Ramsgate are not in a good position but could haul themselves out with a game in hand, a 1pt defecit to Hastings, though a significantly worse GD, it looks like one of these two, though East Grinstead could get dragged in to it, and have the worst GD though are buffered by 2pts.
Southern:
Back to 2 each now, and in the central division of the Southern League, it's North Greenford and AFC Hayes both on 25 behind Beaconsfield on 34 that look likely to go. All have 4 games left to play and this just looks a matter of time. They are also only separated by 3 on GD, which could be important for the reprieves going around!
In the South & West Bashley have the honour of having the least points in any of the divisions with just 8. Their relegation will surprise nobody. Biship Cleeve somehow only trail 20th placed, and safe, Fleet Town by 7 points despite having only 16 themselves. They aren't mathematically gone, but with a GD of -84 it's almost questionable how they amassed 16 points from their 38 games. No danger of a reprieve here!
Reprieves:
The reprieve from Salisbury continues to propagate down, and a new one from Hereford must be applied to clubs in the Southern League only. As things stand we are also due two due to clubs not being promoted from 2 step 5 leagues.
Currently the Hereford reprieve goes to AFC Hayes, who are lucky to be in the right division and ahead on GD.
The other 3 reprieves will apply to all teams placed in the highest relegation spot in their division, separated by PPG, in order:
I1S - Ramsgate - 0.98
I1N - Cray Wanderers - 0.90 (n.b. beating Barkingside on GD)
NPLD1S - Kidsgrove - 0.70
---------
NPLD1N - New Mills - 0.61
SLD1S&W - Bishops Cleeve - 0.42
Please note that unless 3 more reprieves than currently anticipated come in, nobody in the 2nd relegation spot in their league can be reprieved. It's not been tested if this would go to reprieve or extra promotion since it went 14 each way.
Further forced relegations may happen if teams promoted last year with an "E" ground grading have not pushed it up to a "D". The grade "E" is one required purely for promotion from step 5 to give time for improvements to "D".

Jemfy

Reaction score
Supports
AFC Rushden & Diamonds
Step5 Promotions: (14 in total available)
This is a little more complex, but I'll try to be brief. Teams need to have applied for promotion, have the relevant ground grading ("E"), and be the highest eligible club in their division, also in the top 3. Simple eh? Let's see how it goes.

Combined Counties League
Camberley Town the leaders have a 5 point gap to 2nd placed Molesey, but games in hand could see Molesey go ahead. This is a strange one, as Molesey's and a couple of other sites show them as having 2 games in hand, while Full Time and the official CCL page show 3. This could make a huge difference in the run in, an extra game could be what they need to overhaul the lead. Further complicated by the fact there is an asterix showing a points adjustment... Whatever happens it's between these two as none of the other applicants can catch the leaders realistically, although mathematically Ashford Town (Middlesex) could exceed the current mark by 6, I would expect the leaders to at least pick up this amount. Molesey should push Camberley to the wire, however many fixtures they have left! (Full Time have them with 6 instead of 7 implied remaining in the fixtures calendar).
Eastern Counties League
4 teams initially applied for promotion from this division, however the three realistic candidates, who fill the top 3 positions have all withdrawn their applications. Reasons why have not been clarified, however this league gives No Promoted Team
Essex Senior League

The leaders Haringey Borough seem to have this one all but tied up with a 5 point lead, plus 3 games in hand on 2nd placed Barking. They have 6 games left to play, though Bowers & Pitsea in 3rd have 8 fixtures to fulfill and could go ahead, setting the mark for winning the league as 98 points, 13 more for Haringey. Fixture congestion could get to Pitsea, causing lost points and lowering the mark. All of these teams applied, the only information I have is that favourites Haringey have passed the grading and can go up, though this is without official confirmation.
Hellenic League
An interesting league, and as you will see a common theme across the step 5 divisions. The top club has more points, but the team in 2nd has enough games in hand to go ahead. In this case Highmoor Ibis have 3 more points, and have now completed their season! This sets Flackwell Heath the target of 6 more points and maintaining their superior GD in the last 5 games. Again unofficial, but information implies Flackwell have the grading to go up. p.s. Hereford fans, if you get placed in this league, enjoy their fantastic league table in addition to fixture scheduling! Seriously, who has a promotion candidate finish 5 games before another...
Midland Football League
Basford United lead this one, but have enough points to stay ahead if 2nd placed Coleshill Town win their 2 games in hand. The lead would be cut from 9 to 3, and with a further 5 games each, it's quite possible for Basford to be caught. 3rd placed Lye can't catch Basford's current total. The top two both applied, and likely champions Basford passed ground grading, no infromation on Coleshill at this point from me.
North West Counties League
Leaders Runcorn Linnets have 8 points more than 2nd placed Glossop North End, but have played 5 games more! Glossop's advantage may not be as great as anticipated due to the fact they have 10 fixtures remaining causing quite some congestion. 3rd placed 1874 Northwich also applied, but they sit 21 behind the leaders with 3 games in hand. No application information that I am aware of here
Northern Counties East League
Points on the board or games in hand? Another case of the same question with slightly varying parameters as Worksop Town lead the division, with 5 games left to play, and a 5 point lead. Shaw Lane Aquaforce could be the team with the best name to get promoted (competition in another league!), with 3 extra fixtures to fit in and overcome the 5 point defecit they could have some problems with scheduling. 3rd placed Cleethorpes trail Worksop by 6 but have played the same amount. I wouldn't discount them, but my money would be on the Aquaforce (partially because I just wanted to type that sentance). No information on gradings.
Northern League
This one is a league presumed to supply no promotion candidates, however Bishop Auckland - the only applicant - could still theoretically make the top 3 unless there are some games between the numerous teams in their way preventing it. Given that they sit in 11th, best not to think about it and just wait to type the big bold "no promoted team". Worth noting 4th placed Shildon could have gone up if they had sent in their application a day earlier! They missed the cut off, and could have pushed in to the top 3 with their games in hand, and the motivation of promotion!
Southern Counties East League
Phoenix Sports almost have this one, a 13 point lead over Ashford United and 11 over Erith & Belvedere with 6 games left for all of the top 3. Only an implosion will stop them now, but still not quite there mathematically! Word is that Phoenix Sports passed the grading requirements (n.b. table on full time shows 2 more points for Erith than NLM website, with same number of fixtues - one is different on one site! Higher total used here).
Spartan South Midlands
For those unfamiliar this is not a sponsor name, it's just the best name for a step 5 league! Kings Langley all but champions of this one, with an 16 point lead on the next two. London Colney didn't apply from 2nd, so don't feature in the promotion discussion despite their game in hand. 3rd placed Dunstable ready to pounce if there is an implosion, but 6 games to overhaul 16 points is dramatically unlikely, and indeed promotion could be confirmed for Langley soon, provided their grading is in place.
Sussex County League
Littlehampton have been overhauled as leaders though they didn't apply for promotion so don't really feature in the equation. Top are Dorking Wanderers who have a lead of 12 points to the next promotion candidate Eastbourne Town who sit 4th. Eastbourne have a game in hand giving a total remaining potential of 15. Dorking could have this sewn up pretty soon.
United Counties League
It's all but over, with AFC Rushden & Diamonds just needing a point to secure a top 3 finish and promotion. Holbeach United, currently 5th, did apply however withdrew their application for unknown reasons after the grading was done. It hasn't made a difference as they are the team to have the 4th highest potential total, and therefore the final barrier for promotion. Added bonus of a 7 point lead on 2nd placed Wisbech, while Wisbech play Holbeach on the same day Diamonds try to get the extra point(s) on Monday to seal promotion. Ground grading has been passed.
Wessex League
Moneyfields FC are the team to challenge the Aquaforce in terms of best name for a promotion candidate, but they trail leaders Petersfield by 13 points with all teams having just four fixtures, it's only their name that gets them a mention (and a briefly used out of date table!). Winchester City 7 behind the leaders are also a candidate, but the smart money is clearly on Petersfield, who have been granted the ground grading required to go up apparently.
Western League
The final league, and we still don't quite have a promotion to give to you! Melksham Town have all but made it (pending ground grading results), but due to games in hand they can be caught by one of the other teams to have applied for promotion. Weirdly enough it's 6th placed Slimbridge who have enough potential points to match the leaders total in the 19 team league, they have to overtake another team to have applied in 4th placed Bristol Manor Farm. Melksham can finish 3rd as a lowest spot right now, so can't be denied in that way.

Jemfy

Reaction score
Supports
AFC Rushden & Diamonds
To surmise the teams that could get promoted or relegated on Monday are:
Step 2:
Farnborough (R) - lose, Hayes & Yeading win and Maidenhead win
Step 3:
Trafford (R) - Lose at Rushall and Frickley win at Whitby
Step 4:
Kettering Town (P) - Any points at Rugby, or Aylesbury fail to win at home to Aylesbury United
Merthyr Town (P) - Any points Bishops Cleeve, or Stratford fail to win at Swindon Supermarine
Brigg Town (R) - Fail to win Goole or Kidsgrove or Rainworth pick up a point!
Horsham (R) - Draw and Hastings win, or lose and Hastings or Ramsgate win
North Greenford (R) - Fail to win and Beaconsfield win, lose and Beaconsfield pick up a point
AFC Hayes (R) - Fail to win and Beaconsfield win, lose and Beaconsfield pick up a point
Bishops Cleeve (R) - Lose and Fleet Town win
Step 5: (all (P))
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Any points against Long Buckby, or Holbeach fail to win at Wisbech.
Petersfield - They need both a win and a loss for Winchester City for immediate promotion.
Melksham Town (Western) - Slimbridge fail to win (Melksham not playing).
Kings Langley - OK this one is Tuesday, but it's still next games - if they win at Hertford Town (n.b. rivals AFC Dunstable don't play).

Finally a summary of those promoted and relegated step 2 - step 5:
Hyde relegated from FCN
Staines relegated from FCS
Salisbury removed from FCS
Belper relegated from NPLP
Bury Town relegated from ILP
Burnham relegated from SLP
Hereford removed from SLP
Burgess Hill promoted from ILD1N
Padiham relegated from NPLD1N
Burnham Rovers relegated from ILD1N
Bashley relegated from SLD1S&W

Phew! That was a big post. Congratulations if you made it to the end. If you find any errors please let me know and I will try and correct them! In my defense I was initially at least using some out of date tables, though I believe I fixed all these problems now.

Last edited:

Railway Blue

Reaction score
Supports
Chester FC
I follow the North West Counties League and last season Runcorn Linnets, who led it from the off, were caught at the death by Norton United with their games in hand. They have consolidated in the league above. Similar scenario this season with Glossop North End 8 points behind, but as said, 5 games in hand. Problem for Glossop is they've 5 games in 8 days and are in at least 2 Cup Finals, including F.A. Vase. Very interesting!

Jemfy

Reaction score
Supports
AFC Rushden & Diamonds
I follow the North West Counties League and last season Runcorn Linnets, who led it from the off, were caught at the death by Norton United with their games in hand. They have consolidated in the league above. Similar scenario this season with Glossop North End 8 points behind, but as said, 5 games in hand. Problem for Glossop is they've 5 games in 8 days and are in at least 2 Cup Finals, including F.A. Vase. Very interesting!

They'll probably be glad that Stockport Sports went, and the season is 2 games shorter than it would have been! That said I don't know at what stage they went, and if Glossop had played them. You've got to feel sorry for Linnets if this happens to them again, but it's quite a story if Glossop can win all those competitions!

Reaction score
Supports
Maidstone United
Phoenix Sports have absolutely demolished the Kent League Southern Counties East League. Unbeaten in 32 and with a goal difference of +73. Certainly doing well for a team recently up from the county leagues.

Luke Imp

Reaction score
Supports
Lincoln City
Trinity should just about have enough. They've had a decent week with 7 points from 9 I think.

Boston are right in the PO mix through a mixture of them going on a good winning run and other dropping points in their games in hand.

Been a good season for Lincoln United, too. Generally fighting relegation in the Northern Prem but were up to 3rd at one points. Probably a big ask for them to sneak into the PO's now.

Modernist

Reaction score
Supports
Freedom
teams that could get promoted or relegated on Monday are:
Step 3:
FCUM (P) - Beat Curzon Ahston at home and Ilkeston lose at home to Belper Town
Trafford (R) - Lose at Rushall and Frickley win at Whitby
That's not right. Ashton and workington can still catch FC even if both of those teams lost and FC won.

Greenacres

Reaction score
Supports
Forest Green Rovers
Are Moneyfields loaded?

I haven't a clue, but some years ago Barnet who were then sponsored by Loaded magazine played Brighton, then sponsored by Skint records...which caused a bit of amusement at the time.

rudebwoyben

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Supports
Barnet
I haven't a clue, but some years ago Barnet who were then sponsored by Loaded magazine played Brighton, then sponsored by Skint records...which caused a bit of amusement at the time.
Yeah that was in 98/99!

George Reilly's Hairpiece

Reaction score
Supports
Barnet
We were loaded in those days, relatively speaking.

That team cost a fair bit of money to put together. Back in the days we used to pay decent transfer fees.

GTFC1979

Reaction score
Supports
grimsby town
That's not right. Ashton and workington can still catch FC even if both of those teams lost and FC won.
Right that's it, Jemfy -- write the whole lot out again..... ;) :ffs:

Greenacres

Reaction score
Supports
Forest Green Rovers
We were loaded in those days, relatively speaking.

That team cost a fair bit of money to put together. Back in the days we used to pay decent transfer fees.

Brighton were definitely skint, in almost every sense of the word, it was Fat Boy Slim a lifelong Albion fan who managed to come up with the sponsorship deal that pretty much kick-started their recovery. In total contrast with Barnet, the Albion had little or no money available for transfer fees, one player (club legend Gary Hart) was famously signed for a thousand quid and a set of track-suits.

Jemfy

Reaction score
Supports
AFC Rushden & Diamonds

Fair point, sorry I messed that one up! I'll remove it now

CrazyImp

Reaction score
Supports
Lincoln City
Twitter
@Sam_LCFC_90
I would like Boston back in the Conference, purely for those Boxing Days where we fill out that hole of a ground.

Luke Imp

Reaction score
Supports
Lincoln City
Might happen soon if their new £53m Euromillion winning supporter puts a bit of it their way!

Dan_Macclad

Reaction score
Supports
Macclesfield

I also keep an eye on the nwcfl, mainly as I live in Congleton and they have rattled around in that league for years.. Shame really, as they get alright crowds and are probably big enough to play a few leagues higher.

Railway Blue

Reaction score
Supports
Chester FC
I also keep an eye on the nwcfl, mainly as I live in Congleton and they have rattled around in that league for years.. Shame really, as they get alright crowds and are probably big enough to play a few leagues higher.
We played them in the Cheshire Senior Cup in 2010 at the Deva. They beat our full team 3-2 and looked good. Expected them to challenge the following season, but it never materialised.

Reaction score
Supports
Darlington
Well done to AFC Rushden and Diamonds on securing promotion to step-4 this afternoon.

2 promotions in 3 seasons, is that right Jemfy?

DarkSithLord

Reaction score
Supports
Alfreton
Twitter
@LiamHenton
In the Southern League Central Kettering were promoted due to Aylesbury only managing a 0-0 with Aylesbury United but sucumbed to a 3-0 defeat at Rugby. Weird in that dressin room today

While in the South +West Merthyr secured the title with a 9-0 smashing of Bishops Cleeve who are all but down

Jemfy

Reaction score
Supports
AFC Rushden & Diamonds
Well done to AFC Rushden and Diamonds on securing promotion to step-4 this afternoon.

2 promotions in 3 seasons, is that right Jemfy?

That's correct. It's been just short of 4 years since the old club went under, but the initial season was as U18s before we came in at step 6. Today we were promoted up to step 4!

In a very similar story to our local rivals in the league above, a later finishing game caused us to win promotion if we hadn't done it for ourselves, but we got the points required despite a pretty poor showing! Holbeach drew at Wisbech 0-0, though given the fact we won, we would have actually been slightly happier with a win for Holbeach! 4 games left, and a 9 point gap to 2nd and 3rd placed Thurnby and Wisbech respectively, the pair are only separated by 1GD, and we have 18 more than the higher. 4 points for certainty.

edit: I'll post an update to this thread later!

Jemfy

Reaction score
Supports
AFC Rushden & Diamonds
Right here we go, update time! Update posts are separated as before. Bold for new confirmations - spoiler alert: I missed a few "can happen" in my above!

Step 2:
Promotion:

In the CN Barrow drew with Chorley while AFC Fylde gained a win to close the gap to 3 points. Fylde have the superior GD too.
CS saw a reflection of this with a draw for the leaders and a win for the runners up, this time though it results in a swapping of positions once more - but only on GD! Bromley’s game in hand will be key here.

Relegation:
Brackley had to sit and watch as things didn’t go quite their way, Stalybridge got 3 and out of the drop zone, making Colwyn Bay the team to catch. Not catastrophic for Brackley as the teams they overtook (Leamington and Colwyn Bay) both lost, and now Brackley have a game in hand which they can use to get above the pair in theory.
Farnborough fell to defeat and staved off relegation as Hayes & Yeading also lost, and Maidenhead picked up a point. Another loss will certainly see them gone regardless of what others do. A draw and they can only catch Hayes & Yeading and need to overturn quite the GD gap!

Jemfy

Reaction score
Supports
AFC Rushden & Diamonds
Step 3:
Promotion:
Northern:

FCUM suffered a minor setback, only drawing with one of the 4 teams that can prevent them winning the title - Curzon Ashton. Ashton United being the other despatched their opponents and close the gap. Ilkeston won by a Rob Duffy goal that wasn’t a penalty to close the gap, but good news was that Workington dropped a couple of points too. FCUM need 9 more points to win it (8 would come down to GD).

Southern:
A huge boost for Corby Town who won, and saw Poole lose! Their lead now up to 5pts with Poole’s 3 games in hand, and the chance that they won’t be overhauled starting to look possible. Truro are the only other remaining side that can catch Corby’s current total.

Isthmian:
As you were for the two title candidates, this one set to go to the wire. Hendon’s games in hand can still put them 1pt above Maidstone. Margate can still mathematically trouble these two for the top spot, but they are the only ones.

Relegation:
Northern:
Trafford are relegated!
Their loss, coupled with Stamford’s win at Grantham means they can’t get out of the bottom four. Frickly picked up a point but drop in to the bottom four due to that win for the Daniels. Marine also picked up a big win

Southern:
Frome picked up a point and moved the mark, Banbury kept track with a point themselves, still 11 behind with 2 games in hand but with time running out. Arlesey had a big win at Biggleswade, who now only lead Frome on GD. More when than if for Banbury still, Arlesey giving themselves a chance, now 4pts behind two teams with three game to catch them.

Isthmian:
AFC Hornchurch and Witham retained their relative positions with a point a piece, however the winners were VCD Athletic, taking maximum points and pole position to climb out of the bottom places. Harrow Borough picked up a point to join a group of three clubs on 47 - almost touching distance for VCD, but things could have been better if Hampton & Richmond didn’t take a huge step towards ensuring safety by jumping that group with a win of their own. Peace haven & Telscome starting to look precarious. Too many to talk about them all, it remains as tight as before for the last relegation spot.

Reprieve:
Simple - 1 reprieve for the team with the highest PPG. Currently:
Northern - 1.07 (Frickley n.b. min PPG 0.97)
Isthmian - 1.02 (VCD Athletic n.b. min PPG 0.96)
Southern - 0.85 (Arlesely - n.b. max PPG 1.0)
If Arlesey aren’t relegated on their maximum, the reprieve cannot go to the Southern League since the others would be guaranteed higher PPG

Jemfy

Reaction score
Supports
AFC Rushden & Diamonds
Step 4:
Promotion:
Northern:

Familiar names on the scoresheet in the northern section as Liam Hatch and Gareth Seddon, both former conference players, help the two top sides to maintain the status quo, with both having the same maximum points total. The tightrope is getting thiner for Darlo and Salford!
Down south table toppers Mickleover Sports will be celebrating a win for 2nd placed Newcastle Town, as it was over the team with the best chance of catching them in the shape of Leek Town. Mickleover now 6 points from promotion, and unlikely to be caught.

Southern:
Both divisions here crowned champions. Merthyr did the job for themselves with a humongous 9-0 win over second bottom club Bishops Cleeve. Kettering had the bizarre result of celebrating winning a league after losing 3-0. Fans and players were on the pitch. I wonder if they were boo-ed off as they have been many times this season before being cheered back on.

Ishtmian:
Tight in the northern section, Needham Market fell to a draw, Harlow capitalised with a 2-1 win at Ware to leave a point separating the top 2 with 3 games left each, with 97 and 96 points this shows you how they have dominated the league. 3rd placed Brentwood can now only match the 96 total of Harlow.
In the south Burgess Hill have already won it of course, and they let the relentless nature slip with a loss to blemish their record. If they don’t win a game the champions of the northern section might be able to catch their current 105 total…

Relegation:
Northern:

Padiham achieved a 4-1 victory now the pressure is off! New Mills lost to Mossley but only lost time and not ground to Radcliffe Borough who were up against Salford. As you were with the other catchable team Prescott Cables also falling to defeat at Warrington.
Brigg Town are finally confirmed in the other division, with a loss for themselves making other results not matter. Kidsgrove and Rainworth Miners Welfare both got separate draws staying separated on GD, 4 in the favour of the latter. Market Drayton’s win probably makes them realistically safe, 7 ahead of the pair. Kidsgrove’s game in hand will be pivitol, but could be horrendous if it just goes to damage their GD further.

Southern:
In the central division the bottom two look like they realised there is a reprieve coming for one of them, both deciding to get their act together and get a couple of wins, North Greenford winning 1-0, and AFC Hayes helping their GD with a 4-1, meaning they now only trail in that category by 1, but are also behind on goals scored if it comes to that. Beaconsfield are still mathematically catchable by both, but their win makes that the end of the line realistically as either would need to overturn more than 30 in GD to overtake as well as stringing together results.
Bishops Cleeve were on the receiving end of Merthyr’s romp to the title, yet somehow with only 16 points they still can catch Wantage Town in 20th, 1pt above where Fleet used to be before securing their safety with a win - deep in to stoppage time at that. Bashley have 3 more games to try and reach double figures on points!

Ishtmian:
Barkingside grabbed a point, catching Romford, but ground to survival was maintained as Cray won. This lifted Cray to the bottom safe position, 2 ahead of Barkingside and one ahead of Romford - who have played an extra game than the other pair. Barkingside really suffering from a last min OG against 20th placed Redbridge - 2 ahead of Cray, the points swing from not putting in their own net would have them in the bottom safe spot, just one behind their recent opponents. 19th placed Chatham, the losers to Cray, could be dragged in, though 4 above the drop zone may be enough given the number of sides involved.
Interesting times in the Isthmian South relegation battle. Horsham won, but will be cursing other results as the gap to safety stays at 8, with 9 to play for the Isthmian South will be relegating someone soon finally! Hastings were the side that will be most cursed, with them winning against Ramsgate they move 4 points clear of Ramsgate and danger! Redhill picked up a point, but with East Grinstead also getting one, that actually puts them one further away from safety, two behind Ramsgate. The latter still have their game in hand, but winning it won’t get them out of the relegation positions for now. They do at least occupy a good position for the AGM cup.

Reprieves:
4 reprieves are anticipated, with one needing to be in the Southern League. As I understand it, they go in PPG, but only one per league to the highest position. Things may get complicated if it goes up past 6, but for now it’s reasonable. As things stand: (Current team in position)
ILD1S - 0.95 (Ramsgate)
ILD1N - 0.90 (Romford)
SLD1C - 0.71 (North Greenford)*
NPLD1S - 0.71 (Kidsgrove)
----
NPLD1N - 0.59 (New Mills)
SLD1S&W - 0.41 (Bishops Cleeve)

One of the SL divisions MUST reprieve, North Greenford also currently lead AFC Hayes on GD (contrary to my original post, they did then too!)

If finishing position didn’t matter I’d definitely need 3 place decimals due to AFC Hayes having the same points as North Greenford. Fortunately for Kidsgrove, it does.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
feby2112

Latest posts

Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!