So, there are matches tonight... (6/10/15)

Shotsfan1993

Reaction score
Supports
Aldershot Town
Twitter
@SamOS1993
Forest Green fans - you need a point to go top and we need a point to go into the top half, any chance we could agree to settle for a draw later ;)

On a serious note we need to be better tonight than our last 2 home games if we want to get anything out of this.

Not expecting a good crowd after the terrible performance, the fact its on TV and that we have are at home the next 2 Saturdays - probably going to be about 1200 plus whatever FGR bring (if they bring anyone at all).

Pablosammy

Soowhyarmy
Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere
There seems to be a pattern developing here where whatever the result everyone seems to call the opposition poor!!

Perhaps to paraphrase george orwell in this league every side is poor but some are more poor (sic) then others.

Everyone we have played has called us poor or lucky if we remain this poor we will make the playoffs if we get just a little bit poorer we may even win the league!!!

I'm dreaming of Tranmere being the least-poor team come the end of the season :2thumb:

CrazyImp

Reaction score
Supports
Lincoln City
Twitter
@Sam_LCFC_90
We won a chuffing game and i've managed to bag myself a date with the cute receptionist at my hotel on Saturdy.

My arm is also in danger of turning blue from all the pinching.
Come on then, spill. Blonde/brunette, under/over 6", etc?

Si Robin

Reaction score
Supports
Cheltenham Town
I'm dreaming of Tranmere being the least-poor team come the end of the season :2thumb:

I don't think Tranmere were overly poor, I think they came for a draw at Cheltenham and then stole it at the death with a great piece of play from a natural goalscorer.

I don't think there's a single person that went to Whaddon Road last week who can say that we weren't the better team and had we got a goal would have gone on to win. Alas, if you don't take your chances, you stand to be caught out, and we very much were caught out.

les.gtfc

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
That is strange, from what I've seen Cheltenham, Gateshead and also surprisingly Bromley have all looked better sides then you against us. We didn't play anywhere near our best and yet our keeper still barely had anything to do last Saturday at your place.

I'd put you as 4th favourites behind Cheltenham, Tranmere and us.

I'm clinging to the hope that bookies are very rarely wrong! :bg:

I'm also very surprised how well Bromley are doing. We beat them very comfortably 4-1 earlier in the season and could have had a few more than that too.

eightiesrobin

Reaction score
Supports
Altrincham
We won a chuffing game and i've managed to bag myself a date with the cute receptionist at my hotel on Saturdy.

My arm is also in danger of turning blue from all the pinching.

I'm very happy for you. I, on the other hand, bagged no date and watched my team lose, in the rain. Thanks.

Chris FGR

Reaction score
Supports
Forest Green
Forest Green fans - you need a point to go top and we need a point to go into the top half, any chance we could agree to settle for a draw later ;)

On a serious note we need to be better tonight than our last 2 home games if we want to get anything out of this.

Not expecting a good crowd after the terrible performance, the fact its on TV and that we have are at home the next 2 Saturdays - probably going to be about 1200 plus whatever FGR bring (if they bring anyone at all).

Would take a point yeah.

Our manager has already pretty much named our team (same as Saturday) with the only change being DSY coming onto the bench. We'll be solid but we're not creating that much especially away so it probably wont be a thriller.

We'll probably bring 50-80.. Last year it was around 100, but the fact it's on TV will mean some will stay and watch it at home or down the pub, the lazy f*****s.

I'll be there though.

1884 Belmont

Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere Rovers
I'm clinging to the hope that bookies are very rarely wrong! :bg:

I'm also very surprised how well Bromley are doing. We beat them very comfortably 4-1 earlier in the season and could have had a few more than that too.

It's so tight at the minute that anyone in the top half could feasibly say they are in a decent position for a top 5 push after Christmas. 7 or 8 sides could say they feel like they have a shot of winning the league too. For what it's worth, I can't help feeling some Cheltenham fans are getting a bit carried away with themselves at the minute, especially looking at their forum.

I'm not saying we will win the league, but I doubt anyone up at the top has had as difficult a start as we have away from home:
Gateshead (6th - 3 points), Braintree (8th - 1 point), Altrincham (19th 0 points), Welling (17th 1 point), Southport (21st - 1 point), Grimsby 7th (1 point), Cheltenham (1st - 3 points), Wrexham (9th - 1 point) and our next away game is at second placed Forest Green Rovers and the away game after that is 10th placed Lincoln!

With the exception of Welling (Where we were wrongly reduced to 10 men when 1-0 up), all of those away games are either top 10 or derby games and we've only lost one. Add into that the fact we're the only side to beat Bromley in their last 9 games and it was by 4-0, and I'd say a lot of people are underestimating our potential for a challenge.

Last edited:

Sparrow

Reaction score
Supports
Woking FC
We'll probably bring 50-80.. Last year it was around 100, but the fact it's on TV will mean some will stay and watch it at home or down the pub, the lazy f*****s.

No free coaches then?

Shotsfan1993

Reaction score
Supports
Aldershot Town
Twitter
@SamOS1993
Same team as Saturday for us. MBH preferred to Brodie again so expect Charlie Walker to be our main goal threar

BarnwoodCTFC

Reaction score
Supports
Cheltenham
It's so tight at the minute that anyone in the top half could feasibly say they are in a decent position for a top 5 push after Christmas. 7 or 8 sides could say they feel like they have a shot of winning the league too. For what it's worth, I can't help feeling some Cheltenham fans are getting a bit carried away with themselves at the minute, especially looking at their forum.

I'm not saying we will win the league, but I doubt anyone up at the top has had as difficult a start as we have away from home:
Gateshead (6th - 3 points), Braintree (8th - 1 point), Altrincham (19th 0 points), Welling (17th 1 point), Southport (21st - 1 point), Grimsby 7th (1 point), Cheltenham (1st - 3 points), Wrexham (9th - 1 point) and our next away game is at second placed Forest Green Rovers and the away game after that is 10th placed Lincoln!

With the exception of Welling (Where we were wrongly reduced to 10 men when 1-0 up), all of those away games are either top 10 or derby games and we've only lost one. Add into that the fact we're the only side to beat Bromley in their last 9 games and it was by 4-0, and I'd say a lot of people are underestimating our potential for a challenge.

Not sure that's really fair, as a club we set out to gain instant promotion or #bounceback, Gary Johnson was then given a good budget for this league. He's recruited well and so far very few teams have been able to come anywhere near us on the pitch so I think quite rightly we are optimistic of promotion, I don't think you will find a single Cheltenham fan who thinks it's in the bag though.

Sparrow

Reaction score
Supports
Woking FC
Aldershot getting battered, somehow they're only two down. Hopefully Forest Green score ten.

EnglishRed

Reaction score
Supports
Wrexham
Not sure that's really fair, as a club we set out to gain instant promotion or #bounceback, Gary Johnson was then given a good budget for this league. He's recruited well and so far very few teams have been able to come anywhere near us on the pitch so I think quite rightly we are optimistic of promotion, I don't think you will find a single Cheltenham fan who thinks it's in the bag though.

I don't know much about Cheltenhams financial backing...what happens if you fail to go up? Will you be ok wihout the parachute money? Macclesfield and Hereford both tried and failed in their first season down here. That said Barnet managed to build a good side in their second season.

1884 Belmont

Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere Rovers

You say that as if we're not trying to go straight back up too? We've had our own # in #comebackstronger and have also brought in a lot of players who have won this league previously or at least reached the playoffs. I don't think there is anything wrong with being confident, but certainly on your message board there appears to be an air of superiority which I'm not sure you warrant, if I'm being honest.

I just think disrespecting this league will eventually come back to bite you in the backside. Maybe I'm wrong though.

Shotsfan1993

Reaction score
Supports
Aldershot Town
Twitter
@SamOS1993
First half we were outplayed and possibly lucky to only be 2-0 down but second half we were far better and if we could have hit a barn door might have got back into it. Then the 3rd goal came as a sucker punch.

I can see why Forest Green are good, but we are very poor at home at the moment. Saturday is an absolute must win!

FrankTheTank

Reaction score
Supports
FGR
So Parky misses three sitters, has another cleared off the line, another missed header when he only got 2 inches off the ground, Frear & Racine miss sitters, Carter miss-hits another shot and hits the crossbar. And those are just the clear cut chances I can remember. Still will take a 3-0. Now if only we could beat teams in the top half ....

Chris FGR

Reaction score
Supports
Forest Green
Just back, very happy with that and we've finally won an away game on TV. Brilliant stuff.

First half should have been about 5-0 up, second we contained them and killed them off at the end. Parkin left his shooting boots at home, but when we're playing well down the flanks, with the likes of Frear, KMB and Bennett all having stormers tonight, we'll create enough chances to get away with missing so many.

Cleverly parked at the top of the hill near the pub to save having to walk all the way round up the hill and through the park, only to be told at the park turnstile it wasn't segregated and those gates weren't open. Given it wasn't segregated and quite a few came in random turnstiles not sure how they got an away figure.

Need to keep up that sort of performance, if we do we'll keep winning against sides we should be beating which should keep us in contention, even if we can't beat the good sides.

Son of Cod

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
You say that as if we're not trying to go straight back up too? We've had our own # in #comebackstronger and have also brought in a lot of players who have won this league previously or at least reached the playoffs. I don't think there is anything wrong with being confident, but certainly on your message board there appears to be an air of superiority which I'm not sure you warrant, if I'm being honest.

I just think disrespecting this league will eventually come back to bite you in the backside. Maybe I'm wrong though.
Woah woah woah, we're definitely this season's tinpot taghash title winners.

#operationpromotion
#wegoagain
#thistownknows

B2TF

Reaction score
Supports
THE MIGHTY SHAYMEN
Rather than counting chickens I think you should both just suck it and see.

Your welcome. :ds:

Si Robin

Reaction score
Supports
Cheltenham Town
I don't know much about Cheltenhams financial backing...what happens if you fail to go up? Will you be ok wihout the parachute money? Macclesfield and Hereford both tried and failed in their first season down here. That said Barnet managed to build a good side in their second season.

It does appear to be very much this season or bust in terms of going back to the Football League. Paul Baker has made it clear that failure to go up will mean a vastly reduced budget and potentially (although I don't think it likely) going part-time and accepting our place in the pyramid. The vast majority of our summer signings were on one year deals for this very reason.

I would take our message board with a pinch of salt. These are people that a couple of years ago were demanding Yates be sacked because we weren't running away with League 2 after a few games of the season, despite him taking us to a Playoff Final the season before. There are one or two on their who are perennial WUMs, but by and large the vast majority of our fans know exactly what to expect from this League.

That doesn't mean we have to sell our own ambition down the river though. I have never said I think we'll win the League, but our minimum expectation has to be the Playoffs and that is what I'd be hoping for. Now we're a third of the way through the season, I'm confident that we could mount a challenge for the title. No-one has really impressed me and made me think that they're that much better than us, both our defeats have come from very late goals that probably should have been avoided and in games that we, arguably should have won. If we can keep up our style of play through the winter then we'll be in with a shout at the end of the season.

Luke Imp

Reaction score
Supports
Lincoln City
Just back, very happy with that and we've finally won an away game on TV. Brilliant stuff.

First half should have been about 5-0 up, second we contained them and killed them off at the end. Parkin left his shooting boots at home, but when we're playing well down the flanks, with the likes of Frear, KMB and Bennett all having stormers tonight, we'll create enough chances to get away with missing so many.

Cleverly parked at the top of the hill near the pub to save having to walk all the way round up the hill and through the park, only to be told at the park turnstile it wasn't segregated and those gates weren't open. Given it wasn't segregated and quite a few came in random turnstiles not sure how they got an away figure.

Need to keep up that sort of performance, if we do we'll keep winning against sides we should be beating which should keep us in contention, even if we can't beat the good sides.
Never knew he was a non-league fan.

Pliny Harris

Frightened Inmate #2
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Supports
The Provisional Brotherhood
Still chuffed that we won. Seeing us lose in the pouring rain to compound a 7–1 reverse would have been painful. We were adequate enough to win though and were desperate to finally retain a lead. Somehow Jordan Burrow's already matched his previous season total at Lincoln. Felt even better that it was lashing down and the stewards later opened up the shelter we were promised to the home fans so they could heckle us from the near distance, only for them to all pile out before full-time. A small band of cheerful and relieved Shaymen stuck it out.

Luke Imp

Reaction score
Supports
Lincoln City
Not surprised Burrow is popping up with goals (he wasn't on penalty's here like at you, mind).

Shotsfan1993

Reaction score
Supports
Aldershot Town
Twitter
@SamOS1993

You were the best side I have seen this season, no doubt about that. I could go on about how poor we played in the first half and how we made you look good but that wouldnt give you the credit you deserve. If it wasnt for the fact that Parkin couldn't hit a barn door (he should have had a hat trick while it was still 0-0) and some good saves for Smith it could have been 5 or 6 by half time.

Second half as I think I said last night I thought we played well, and with better finishing from ourselves could have got back into it. With about 10 minutes to go we had a penalty shout but couldnt see if it was or not (will have to look at the TV footage to see if it was) and then you killed us off. That said, you fully deserved the win so no complaints with that. I think it also shows where we are, we have taken 15/18 points from teams who are currently 12th or lower, but only taken 5 points from 27 against sides in the top 11. I think that is where we are at the moment, the only thing that worries me is our home form which is not good enough. Two 3-0 home defeats has to go down as a concern, we need a win on Saturday at home to Altrincham.

As for the turnstiles, it was segregated in terms of the turnstile you enter the ground and the section you watch the game from, but when we expect less than 100 fans (and unlikely to cause any trouble) we let you in through turnstile 4 at the high street end which gives you access to the bars inside the ground, rather than having to do with just a burger van. It also saves us money on stewarding. Just had a look on your website and it states that "Away supporters are to enter the stadium via turnstile 4 – which is at the High Street end, on Wednesday evening".
http://www.forestgreenroversfc.com/news/first-team-news/2015/preview-rovers-eye-up-shots-triumph

Pliny Harris

Frightened Inmate #2
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Supports
The Provisional Brotherhood
Not surprised Burrow is popping up with goals (he wasn't on penalty's here like at you, mind).

True, and actually starting games here. Still a grand tally so far and he's set to amass a fantastic total at a troubled club. Thanks a lot for him! A hard grafting poacher.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hudders

Latest posts

Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!