Your perception of other League 2 teams

EricSabin

Reaction score
Supports
Northampton Town
Accrington: Punching above their weight on a budget of £2.50 and a bag of Jelly Tots. Weird Northern place I couldn't pick out exactly on a map, doesn't seem much to do there apart from a chip shop and a crap football ground.

AFC Wimbledon: Good guys, only took 'em 9 years. Worst London away day unfortunately.

Barnet: Weird fans, weird manager, weird ground, just plain weird. Bottom 10 league/non league club

Bristol Rovers: Seem like quite a big club at our level, shit away end

Cambridge: Meh

Carlisle: Long way away

Crawley: Tinpot side, gazebo for a stand, they have a bell. Surely should be grounds for immediate relegation

Dagenham: Quite like the Daggers, lost once against them in all our time playing them. Another weird ground/area

Exeter: Manage to do stuff on a shoestring it seems, once got shat by a pigeon whilst playing Exeter so I dislike them

Hartlepool: Boring Northerners, no redeeming value. Bingham is a c***

Leyton Orient: Mental Italians

Luton: Think they're still a big club, think the fans still think that too and reckon they should be promoted

Mansfield: Hmmm. League 2 playoffs all those years ago meant I disliked you. Spent my 21st at Field Mill shitfaced, weird locals

Morecambe: Tiny budget, manager is a twat, great pies. They can stay.

Newport: Again weird locals, shit ground, not fussed if they go down

Notts County: Very moany, the Fullarton stuff seems weird, nice ground and a good away day

Oxford: Arrogant and deluded fanbase, shit 3 sided ground (I mean, who's got a three sided ground?!). Hope they don't go up.

Plymouth: Fans moan at quite a lot, weird locals again. Been to one of their fanfests, absolutely bizzare.

Portsmouth: Biggest team in the league, fans quite arrogant. Bit like when a big team drops into the Conference they think they'll walk it. Still seeing fans saying they reckon they can win the league.

Stevenage: Meh. Wouldn't be sad if they were wiped off the face of the earth.

Wycombe: Awful

Yeovil: Meh. Tainted by Gary Johnson association.

York: Would have been meh but the cyclists efforts' in the last two seasons get them a yeh. Shit ground lovely city.

Last edited:

NolansOrient

Reaction score
Supports
Orient
Did you coincidentally make the same thread as me today? Or did you just create the same thread after seeing mine?

SF_

Reaction score
Supports
Preston North End
Did you coincidentally make the same thread as me today? Or did you just create the same thread after seeing mine?

Your thread is rating the actual team, whereas this one is about the perception of the club itself, isn't it?

NolansOrient

Reaction score
Supports
Orient
Your thread is rating the actual team, whereas this one is about the perception of the club itself, isn't it?
I suppose. Fine margins though, bit of an odd time to start the thread, immediately after mine...

Vietnam Cobbler

Reaction score
Supports
Northampton Town
Accrington: Punching above their weight on a budget of £2.50 and a bag of Jelly Tots. Weird Northern place I couldn't pick out exactly on a map, doesn't seem much to do there apart from a chip shop and a crap football ground.

AFC Wimbledon: Good guys, only took 'em 9 years

Barnet: Weird fans, weird manager, weird ground, just plain weird. Bottom 10 league/non league club

Bristol Rovers: Seem like quite a big club at our level, shit away end

Cambridge: Meh

Carlisle: Long way away

Crawley: Tinpot side, gazebo for a stand, they have a bell. Surely should be grounds for immediate relegation

Dagenham: Quite like the Daggers, lost once against them in all our time playing them. Another weird ground/area

Exeter: Manage to do stuff on a shoestring it seems, once got shat by a pigeon whilst playing Exeter so I dislike them

Hartlepool: Boring Northerners, no redeeming value. Bingham is a c***

Leyton Orient: Mental Italians

Luton: Think they're still a big club, think the fans still think that too and reckon they should be promoted

Mansfield: Hmmm. League 2 playoffs all those years ago meant I disliked you. Spent my 21st at Field Mill shitfaced, weird locals

Morecambe: Tiny budget, manager is a twat, great pies. They can stay.

Newport: Again weird locals, shit ground, not fussed if they go down

Notts County: Very moany, the Fullarton stuff seems weird, nice ground and a good away day

Oxford: Arrogant and deluded fanbase, shit 3 sided ground (I mean, who's got a three sided ground?!). Hope they don't go up.

Plymouth: Fans moan at quite a lot, weird locals again. Been to one of their fanfests, absolutely bizzare.

Portsmouth: Biggest team in the league, fans quite arrogant. Bit like when a big team drops into the Conference they think they'll walk it. Still seeing fans saying they reckon they can win the league.

Stevenage: Meh. Wouldn't be sad if they were wiped off the face of the earth.

Wycombe: Awful

Yeovil: Meh. Tainted by Gary Johnson association.

York: Would have been meh but the cyclists efforts' in the last two seasons get them a yeh. Shit ground lovely city.

You seem like a lovely bloke. Really pleased to see that our club is being represented well on this forum. Keep it up.

Murphy

Bloody Nice Chap
Reaction score
Supports
Dagenham & Redbridge and Stephen Mulhern.
Twitter
@NickMurphy1995
Accrington: One of the cheapest Northern away days and one that I always look for on the calendar (which isn't a good idea because you're more likely to find them on a map). Ridiculous how well they're doing this season. And why does it always rain when we go up there?

AFC Wimbledon: An away day that should be better than it is, and that always promises so much and very rarely delivers. Upper mid-table.

Barnet: Not the same after leaving Underhill.

Bristol Rovers: A ground that should be closer to the station.

Cambridge: See Wimbledon.

Carlisle: A 4 hour train journey.

Crawley: Meh.

Dagenham: Bunch of bottlejobs.

Exeter: Likeable club, not much bad to say about them.

Hartlepool: Terrific away day and one of the best pubs in the league, 'the Millhouse'. Great away end as well.

Leyton Orient: Not massively keen on Orient.

Luton: You're here for the next 5 years.

Mansfield: Always associate Mansfield with Paul Cox and for that reason...not a fan.

Morecambe: Our Northern twin - good eggs.

Newport: Chris Zebroski.

Northampton: Please just go away. Good fans, mind.

Notts County: A fanbase that couldn't take it when we tonked them 6-1 a few years ago. Likeable on the whole.

Oxford: See Orient.

Plymouth: Any fanbase that thinks they have a god given right to go up based on how many they take away should probably get in the bin.

Portsmouth: Enjoyed them being in L2, even if I haven't enjoyed playing them.

Stevenage: Outside of their ground looks like a car dealership and generally it's a game that I don't look forward to...just because.

Wycombe: Rubbish away day and a near certain defeat.

Yeovil: Cute.

York: A club that should be advancing on and off the pitch given the size and name of the city but for some reason enjoys hanging out with the geeky kids down the bottom of League Two.

EricSabin

Reaction score
Supports
Northampton Town
Accrington: One of the cheapest Northern away days and one that I always look for on the calendar (which isn't a good idea because you're more likely to find them on a map). Ridiculous how well they're doing this season. And why does it always rain when we go up there?

AFC Wimbledon: An away day that should be better than it is, and that always promises so much and very rarely delivers. Upper mid-table.

Barnet: Not the same after leaving Underhill.

Bristol Rovers: A ground that should be closer to the station.

Cambridge: See Wimbledon.

Carlisle: A 4 hour train journey.

Crawley: Meh.

Dagenham: Bunch of bottlejobs.

Exeter: Likeable club, not much bad to say about them.

Hartlepool: Terrific away day and one of the best pubs in the league, 'the Millhouse'. Great away end as well.

Leyton Orient: Not massively keen on Orient.

Luton: You're here for the next 5 years.

Mansfield: Always associate Mansfield with Paul Cox and for that reason...not a fan.

Morecambe: Our Northern twin - good eggs.

Newport: Chris Zebroski.

Northampton: Please just go away. Good fans, mind.

Notts County: A fanbase that couldn't take it when we tonked them 6-1 a few years ago. Likeable on the whole.

Oxford: See Orient.

Plymouth: Any fanbase that thinks they have a god given right to go up based on how many they take away should probably get in the bin.

Portsmouth: Enjoyed them being in L2, even if I haven't enjoyed playing them.

Stevenage: Outside of their ground looks like a car dealership and generally it's a game that I don't look forward to...just because.

Wycombe: Rubbish away day and a near certain defeat.

Yeovil: Cute.

York: A club that should be advancing on and off the pitch given the size and name of the city but for some reason enjoys hanging out with the geeky kids down the bottom of League Two.

VietnamCobbler will be along to tell you off soon!
I assume you're talking about me in the Northampton fans bit too Murph:emb:

Last edited:

Vietnam Cobbler

Reaction score
Supports
Northampton Town
VietnamCobbler will be along to tell you off soon! I assume you're talking about me in the Northampton fans bit:emb:
Well seeing as you're basically inviting my opinion, Murphy's comments are a lot more jovial and light hearted in comparison to yours!

And no, you'll have to try a lot harder to get that sort of attention from me I'm afraid!

EricSabin

Reaction score
Supports
Northampton Town
Well seeing as you're basically inviting my opinion, Murphy's comments are a lot more jovial and light hearted in comparison to yours!

And no, you'll have to try a lot harder to get that sort of attention from me I'm afraid!

Second bit was aimed at Murphy, edited it to make it clearer.

Strawberry_Jam

Reaction score
Supports
Northampton
...I like all clubs.

(except Peteborough, they can f*** off, ...f*** right off)

Oh, I'm not a big fan of Oxford either at the moment.

cufc17

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle
Accrington: Small, respectable club with a bit of a despicable manager who's disliked in these parts.

AFC Wimbledon: Far away. Midtable League 2 side.

Barnet: Equally far away. An old rival, but nothing special to us these days.

Bristol Rovers: Quite far away. A decent sized club in this division but living in the shadows of Bristol City:P1:

Cambridge: Fake CUFC.

Crawley: Quite far away. All I can say is it's not the first fixture I look out for.

Dagenham: Far away. I don't mind the Daggers, some decent posters on here.

Exeter: Far, Far, Far Away.

Hartlepool: Our Cup Final. They also have the best forward line in the league with BOB - (Big) Billy. Oates. Bingham.

Leyton Orient: Far away. The creators of Jabo. They have my respect.

Luton: Easily the biggest club in the league Luton.

Mansfield: They're alright.

Morecambe: Another small-ish northern club - they aren't too bad.

Newport: 4 defeats against them in a row - they don't interest me, and we probably don't interest them.

Northampton: Horrible club. Horrible fans - especially the one who started this thread, simply horrible.

Notts County: Fullarton In. Steady Eddie Out.

Oxford: Meh.

Plymouth: Too far away. I don't really like them, plus they normally beat us.

Portsmouth: Far away. Biggest team in the league, best away fans also imo.

Stevenage: Meh.

Wycombe: Football team is far from pleasant.

Yeovil: Far away. Madden + Zoko + Berrett = Carlisle B

York: Great away day, neat little ground. Boring team though.

**Contains Sarcasm**

Last edited:

Richard Cranium

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield
Twitter
@jallsop93
What you got against Paul Cocks Murph?

Accrington - Wank, we just never beat them. Some good pubs in the town centre though.

AFC Wimbledon - If it's possible to have a shitter view from an away terrace than the one they had before they built a new stand then it's the one they've stuck us in now.

Barnet - Flat pack stadium in a crap area. I have a 100% record watching us there though.

Brovers - Best accent in the league. Good bunch on here, Manager is a good lad also. Colin Daniel.

Cambridge - Not my favourite away day. Been here too many times in the last 5/6 years.

Crawley - 2 blondes in the pub near the ground. The Moon? Excellent.

Dagenham & Redbridge - I've never met anyone who dislikes Dagneham & Redbridge. Gifted us 6 points this season though. Top lads, Both of them.

Exeter - Another 100% record away. Too far to find it enjoyable.

Hartlepool - Not far from Newcastle. Likey

Lorient - They took Ollie Palmer off of us and paid a fee. Once failed to score against Lyon and let me down for £425.

Luton - .

Mansfield - We gave Richard Bacon to the world. I do apologise.

Morecambe - Good destination for a weekender, Not on Boxing Day though!

Newport - I've been to Wales about 15 times and never seen us win. Roll on Saturday...

COBBLERS - Recently joined the 3 stands club. Remember them dicking us in the Play Offs in 2004 and then losing on penalties. EricSabin missed the all important pen. Cheers mate.

Notts County - Big day out

Oxford - All fart and no shit.

Plymuff - JANNERS

Portsmouth - Another south coast away day. Because we absolutely love them up here.

Stevenage - Had a pube off old Gladice in my ale in the supporters bar. 6/10

Wycombe - Crap away day.

Yeovil - Crap away day x2

York - Best city in the country. Love the pubs. Please don't go.

daviejones

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle Utd
What you got against Paul Cocks Murph?

Accrington - Wank, we just never beat them. Some good pubs in the town centre though.

AFC Wimbledon - If it's possible to have a shitter view from an away terrace than the one they had before they built a new stand then it's the one they've stuck us in now.

Barnet - Flat pack stadium in a crap area. I have a 100% record watching us there though.

Brovers - Best accent in the league. Good bunch on here, Manager is a good lad also. Colin Daniel.

Cambridge - Not my favourite away day. Been here too many times in the last 5/6 years.

Crawley - 2 blondes in the pub near the ground. The Moon? Excellent.

Dagenham & Redbridge - I've never met anyone who dislikes Dagneham & Redbridge. Gifted us 6 points this season though. Top lads, Both of them.

Exeter - Another 100% record away. Too far to find it enjoyable.

Hartlepool - Not far from Newcastle. Likey

Lorient - They took Ollie Palmer off of us and paid a fee. Once failed to score against Lyon and let me down for £425.

Luton - .

Mansfield - We gave Richard Bacon to the world. I do apologise.

Morecambe - Good destination for a weekender, Not on Boxing Day though!

Newport - I've been to Wales about 15 times and never seen us win. Roll on Saturday...

COBBLERS - Recently joined the 3 stands club. Remember them dicking us in the Play Offs in 2004 and then losing on penalties. EricSabin missed the all important pen. Cheers mate.

Notts County - Big day out

Oxford - All fart and no shit.

Plymuff - JANNERS

Portsmouth - Another south coast away day. Because we absolutely love them up here.

Stevenage - Had a pube off old Gladice in my ale in the supporters bar. 6/10

Wycombe - Crap away day.

Yeovil - Crap away day x2

York - Best city in the country. Love the pubs. Please don't go.
Contrary to popular belief we haven't actually been promoted yet.

Glasshalffullpools

Reaction score
Supports
Hartlepool
Nice that you mention the Mill House pub , proper pre match place that is ....In the interest of balance , the Crown in Accrington is well worth a visit , just on the main road , best Pies in the world

Trapdoor

Reaction score
Supports
Exeter
Accrington: One of these god forsaken northern hell holes like Morecambe and Bury. I can't tell the difference between any town north of Stoke, west of Huddersfield and south of Kendal.

AFC Wimbledon: Great club, pleased to see them back in the league. Hopefully will be a better day out when they move back in Wimbledon.

Barnet: Just the most soulless place I've ever been to in London. Nothing of value there.

Bristol Rovers: Always a fun day out on the lash in Briz. Marginally less retarded fans than their south Bristol counterparts but also marginally less amusing than watching toothless hookers fight each other in the mean streets of bedminster.

Cambridge: It's a nice place surrounded by absolutely nothing. No reason to ever go here unless you are a student.

Carlisle: Last bastion of understandable language (just about.) A lot of girls here seem to be easily impressed. I guess they are used to a poorer quality of man up there.

Crawley: It's not even a real place.

Dagenham: Again, a very dull part of suburban london. Like a slightly more tinpot version of Leyton Orient. Marginally more likeable,

Hartlepool: Complete dump, genuinely third world, I was surprised towns like this still existed in western europe. Newcastle is a funny place to go drinking for a few hours however.

Leyton Orient: Boring. Just... boring.

Luton: Should have done everyone a favour and fallen into the Watford gap and been swallowed. Also the second worst airport in Britain.

Mansfield: No idea where it is to be honest. Maybe not a real place.

Morecambe: Seaside version of Accrington. Pure shite.

Newport: South Wales. Nothing good about that.

Northampton: Boring, boring town. One of these places you see on a road sign while you are on your way to somewhere more interesting.

Notts County: Shite club in a shite part of a rather good town. Makes for a moderately interesting away day but not worth doing repeatedly.

Oxford: Shite ground with shite fans but near to a great city. Always worth doing oxford away, just stay in the pub and don't bother going to the kassam.

Plymouth: Inbred knuckle draggers. Always funny watching them fight each other in the home end.

Portsmouth: Complete dump of a town forever in Southamptons shadow. The mentally ill fan with a bell is pretty tragic.

Stevenage: Along with Luton and Watford would be better off being bulldozed and turned into wilderness.

Wycombe: As a football team, disgusting. But their fans are great and there is quite a nice view of the countryside from the away end. Always good to have something pretty to look at because you wont see anything nice on the pitch.

Yeovil: A cider tent. In an industrial estate.

York: Nice city, just a long long way from proper civilisation.

Habbinalan

Reaction score
Supports
Cambridge United (and reminisces about Barrow AFC)
Twitter
@habbinalan
In the interests of broadening horizons - individually we seem to have 5 Towns, 2 Cities, 4 Uniteds, 2 Counties, a merger, an Argyle, an Orient, a Stanley, some Rovers, some Wanderers, an AFC and 4 other undistinguished non-entities. Collectively we offer a microcosm of what is inspiring and wearisome, enjoyable and hateful, honourable and corrupt, captivating and embarrassing about following English football clubs.

In stages, starting with A-C, I would offer:

Accrington Stanley: On the bucket list - I worked in Accrington for a year (1973 ish) and have seen them at Holker Street and the Abbey but never seen them play at any of their many homes over the seasons. Defeats by them are salutary.

Team/Manager - Scouse led, street wise and effective
Fans - Thin on the ground
Nourishment - Hollands Pies, mushy peas and decent ale
Wildlife - Pendle Hill for the Dotterel

AFC Wimbledon: Worth the journey and I'm tall enough to enjoy the view from behind the dug-outs. Always beatable

Team/Manager - Barely competent leader of inconsistent mercenaries.
Fans - disconcerting absence of yobs and history for a decent Div 4 following.
Nourishment - Classy fish (grilled sardines) and good ale at London prices,
Wildlife - Overflight of Ring-necked Parakeets.

Barnet: Useful home for our Conference standard or FA Cup ex-heroes

Team/Manager - Incompetent leader of parochial metropolitans
Fans - Confused
Nourishment - To be taken out of Borough
Wildlife - Urban Gulls

Bristol Rovers: Also on the bucket list. Mugged/assaulted by Barrow in the cup and Jez in the transfer market - only fair after the Devon White 3-card-trick.

Team/Manager - One of the lads leads a team on a roll with no decent strikers :whistle:
Fans - Been through the mill
Nourishment - tbc
Wildlife - tbc

Cambridge Utd: Dog's coconuts of a club

Team/Manager - Work in progress, currently top 3 on results since new manager installed. :hypo:
Fans - intellectual angels with impeccable taste in all the important things in life
Nourishment - Try a Thai Green/Red Curry and decent ale at the Wrestlers
Wildlife - Late summer evenings offer British Longhorn outside, Wagtails and dragonflies in front of the Habbin.

Carlisle Utd:

Team/Manager - Quirky mix of experience and insanity with flashes of genius and incompetence - on and off the pitch.
Fans - Convivial and eternally disappointed
Nourishment - Decent curry houses and even better ales
Wildlife - Nesting European Bee-eaters

Crawley Town: Gangsters sell to gangsters, employ crooks and obnoxious tossers to work in Clockwork Orange setting near inconvenient airport.

Team/Manager - Tradition for being Tosser led and irritatingly competent (when they play U's). Pleased Josh Simpson and family escaped their clutches.
Fans - Some with creativity and principles when in the Conference. Should now probably give up following live football and concentrate on the Premiership ........ or move, if they haven't done so already.
Nourishment - Absent in my experience, although I understand real pubs exist.
Wildlife - Handy for a weekend in Brighton.

D to N to follow shortly.

Last edited:

AtaturkOzgutson

Reaction score
Supports
Neutral
Keeping this brief and relatively cordial.

Barnet: Too small for the league, too good for the Conerence. I'm fairly indifferent to Barnet in nearly all ways, but our fanbase were treated absolutely disgustingly there by the scumbags and cowards in the Met Police and that sticks in the craw.

Bristol Rovers: Never crossed paths really aside from us (in all aspects) and Rover's manager making a tit of ourselves over the Gaffney deal. Respect them as a fanbase and a club.

Carlisle: Yes, it's far away. Change the record (media, not club)

Crawley Town: F**k off back to trying to survive in Conference. Not only a pathetic club, but we've beaten them something like once in our last 15 attempts.

Dagenham & Redbridge: Take my hat off to 'em and wonder how they do it, but won't miss them when they drop. Got some very clued-up fans, on here and otherwise. Just not enough of em.
Also, I find it hilarious they have yellow and black boards saying ''BOSTON'' all round their ground :bl:

Exeter City: Shared a while in the Conference, so admire their supporters. Gracious in victory as well as defeat, and obviously Tisdale is a hunk. Good club, good philosophies.

Hartlepool United: The Torquay of the North - Small, nearly gone down too many times to count, but will surely struggle to return properly when they do.

Leyton Orient: The M11 derby, but it's hard to dislike them aside from that chap on here with the crush on Paul Weller. Probably cause we usually smash em on their own turf.

Luton: Aside from having a 'larger than most others' minority of idiot supporters, I actually really like Luton. Familiarity has bred indifference now we're both back in the league and underachieving togther. Good, ol' school ground and a good club.

Mansfield: I can think of no redeeming features. Sorry.

Morecambe: Dunno how they survive. I really don't.

Newport: Decent enough club, would like to see them in their own ground and see what potential they really have. The only other club who play in Amber and Black (well, every other few years at least). But, they're called the exiles for a reason.

Notts County: Gave us our lying prick of a manager, so they can FRO. Otherwise, played us on that last day before we were condemned, and showed solidarity. Respect.

Oxford: Everyone thinks we hate each other, but we have way more in common than apart (both got shafted by owner, spent a lot of time in the Conference, struggle in a beautiful city with a predominant land owner, and both hate teams from new town cesspits that have had the upper hand for recent history). Good luck to 'em.

Plymouth: They blend in with the algae on their pitch. Otherwise, always thought they were a bit of an underachiever at higher levels, let alone down here.

Portsmouth: Never boring, some interesting fans and make a decent atmosphere. Double promotion lays ahead.

Stevenage: Always beat us. The place is a real hole, but it's not too far away. Know a few Boro fans, and they're alreet. Most of their fanbase is just too indifferent to get upset about (more bothered about WHL or the Emirates).

Wimbledon: Admire their lack of biterness, know a few Wimbledon fans and they're not a bad bunch. Seem to really hate us in general though, which is bizarre as they usually rape us. Don't like the 'AFC' thing.

Wycombe Wanderers: Took their colours from Cambridge and Oxford. They've shown respect. Allow it.

Yeovil Town: Overachieved for a long time, nowt against them as a club. Didn't they also have a banging stat website back in the day too?

York City: If I had to have a second team in this division it'd be York. Their fans are excellent, and like us, they've been through the wringer. As the best away day in the division (apart from Cambridge) it'd be a terrible shame if they get relegated, but this new ground looks like a mess. Always consider them a sister club, we both suffered for unduely long in the Conference and we both have similar cities (and difficulties that brings).

Meadow

Not a lad
Reaction score
Supports
AFC Wimbledon
Wimbledon: Admire their lack of biterness, know a few Wimbledon fans and they're not a bad bunch. Seem to really hate us in general though, which is bizarre as they usually rape us. Don't like the 'AFC' thing.

Hate you? Since when? I know a few Cambridge supporters and you're my favourite other L2 club.

rudebwoyben

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Supports
Barnet
Keeping this brief and relatively cordial.

Barnet: Too small for the league, too good for the Conerence. I'm fairly indifferent to Barnet in nearly all ways, but our fanbase were treated absolutely disgustingly there by the scumbags and cowards in the Met Police and that sticks in the craw.

Bristol Rovers: Never crossed paths really aside from us (in all aspects) and Rover's manager making a tit of ourselves over the Gaffney deal. Respect them as a fanbase and a club.

Carlisle: Yes, it's far away. Change the record (media, not club)

Crawley Town: F**k off back to trying to survive in Conference. Not only a pathetic club, but we've beaten them something like once in our last 15 attempts.

Dagenham & Redbridge: Take my hat off to 'em and wonder how they do it, but won't miss them when they drop. Got some very clued-up fans, on here and otherwise. Just not enough of em.
Also, I find it hilarious they have yellow and black boards saying ''BOSTON'' all round their ground :bl:

Exeter City: Shared a while in the Conference, so admire their supporters. Gracious in victory as well as defeat, and obviously Tisdale is a hunk. Good club, good philosophies.

Hartlepool United: The Torquay of the North - Small, nearly gone down too many times to count, but will surely struggle to return properly when they do.

Leyton Orient: The M11 derby, but it's hard to dislike them aside from that chap on here with the crush on Paul Weller. Probably cause we usually smash em on their own turf.

Luton: Aside from having a 'larger than most others' minority of idiot supporters, I actually really like Luton. Familiarity has bred indifference now we're both back in the league and underachieving togther. Good, ol' school ground and a good club.

Mansfield: I can think of no redeeming features. Sorry.

Morecambe: Dunno how they survive. I really don't.

Newport: Decent enough club, would like to see them in their own ground and see what potential they really have. The only other club who play in Amber and Black (well, every other few years at least). But, they're called the exiles for a reason.

Notts County: Gave us our lying prick of a manager, so they can FRO. Otherwise, played us on that last day before we were condemned, and showed solidarity. Respect.

Oxford: Everyone thinks we hate each other, but we have way more in common than apart (both got shafted by owner, spent a lot of time in the Conference, struggle in a beautiful city with a predominant land owner, and both hate teams from new town cesspits that have had the upper hand for recent history). Good luck to 'em.

Plymouth: They blend in with the algae on their pitch. Otherwise, always thought they were a bit of an underachiever at higher levels, let alone down here.

Portsmouth: Never boring, some interesting fans and make a decent atmosphere. Double promotion lays ahead.

Stevenage: Always beat us. The place is a real hole, but it's not too far away. Know a few Boro fans, and they're alreet. Most of their fanbase is just too indifferent to get upset about (more bothered about WHL or the Emirates).

Wycombe Wanderers: Took their colours from Cambridge and Oxford. They've shown respect. Allow it.

Yeovil Town: Overachieved for a long time, nowt against them as a club. Didn't they also have a banging stat website back in the day too?

York City: If I had to have a second team in this division it'd be York. Their fans are excellent, and like us, they've been through the wringer. As the best away day in the division (apart from Cambridge) it'd be a terrible shame if they get relegated, but this new ground looks like a mess. Always consider them a sister club, we both suffered for unduely long in the Conference and we both have similar cities (and difficulties that brings).

I think you're referring to Confguide, which sadly no longer appears to be regularly updated.

Meadow

Not a lad
Reaction score
Supports
AFC Wimbledon
I think you're referring to Confguide, which sadly no longer appears to be regularly updated.

Is that still available online? I thought it disappeared when the founder closed the original forum.

Habbinalan

Reaction score
Supports
Cambridge United (and reminisces about Barrow AFC)
Twitter
@habbinalan
Chapter 2, with D-N, I would offer:

Dagenham & Redbridge: Always enjoy a trip to Billy Bragg country. Will miss them but I think they're gone this time. Wins at Orient, Luton and home to Crawley would offer a nice send off.

Team/Manager - Swan song for both but I think they'll still pick up some surprising wins
Fans - Salt of the earth
Nourishment - Pie, mash and liquor, half decent pubs and welcoming supporters club.
Wildlife - Plenty local but Canvey Island is a worthwhile diversion - for culture, cockles and the birding.

Exeter City: Another old friend from Div 4, Conference, Wembley (Grrr!) and now L2. SW answer to Dario Gradi has them capable of excellent football and providing an entertaining match up.

Team/Manager - Pleasing on the eye and the intellect.
Fans - Sound..
Nourishment - Almost in pasty country, cider (or poor man's black velvet) are the tipples of choice
Wildlife - Good for warblers, especially Cetti's, but season is short. Somerset levels offer useful diversion.

Hartlepool United: Great away-day to traditional NE hot bed of football. Hadn't really noticed them until they started taking our duds on loan , (apart from Jeff Stelling) since the days of John McGovern and yet another relegation to Div 4 (1968/69).

Team/Manager - Floundering
Fans - Level-headed
Nourishment - Excellent pie van (and ale) at the Mill House; Decent food and ale at the Wetherspoons; But highlight of the last two visits was the Rat Race.
Wildlife - RSPB Saltholme for the waders or Upper Teesdale for Black Grouse leck.

Leyton Orient: U's favourite away-day. None of the baggage of Posh or Luton. M11 derby.

Team/Manager - Another scouser - learning his trade with a bunch of overpaid show ponies/donkeys. Might come good but dodgy owners may mess it up for them.
Fans - quiet
Nourishment - Leyton Tech offers decent pub food, decent ales and London prices. Acoustics are good in the Coach & Horses.
Wildlife - Sparrers

Luton Town: Most of their (many) faults have become almost endearing over the years. Owners with deep pockets and seemingly endless patience. Shit-hole of a town with few pretences, unlike some of their mindless fans. I have friends in their camp. Love to beat them.

Team/Manager - Men led by boyish looking boy. He needs some different men.
Fans - Outlaws, EDL and some of the finer intellects on the forum
Nourishment - Hard work but some pleasant country pubs just off the A6.
Wildlife - Noon Hill and Icknield Way offer a brief distraction, with woodland birds and chalkland flora.

Mansfield Town: Regular haunt/opponents over the years - starting with the match-fixers, including Sammy Chapman, followed by the team, with Bob Ledger, that beat West Ham's World Cup heroes in 1960's. Solid lower league team who have also served their time in the purgatory that is Braintree/Forest Green away - although some of them seem to have short memories.

Team/Manager - Novice former hero with good intentions has some youngsters, some journeyman L2 resources and Matt Green.
Fans - Miserable gits with the (very) occasional hint of humour and/or humility
Nourishment - adequate.
Wildlife - Not yet sampled the joys of the Trent Valley gravel pits - just too keen to get in and out of the county.

Morecambe: Plenty of reason not to like them as an opposition/rivals this century (as a U's/ Barrow fan) but enjoyable away trip whose days may be numbered within the next couple of seasons. Morecambe FC why?

Team/Manager - Yet another canny scouser getting a quart out of a pint pot but running out of tricks. Comedy villain, Kevin Ellison, needs a helping hand and a half competent defence behind him.
Fans - Fed up. Warm welcome at (but long walk or short drive from) traditional boozer, The York Hotel. Away fans would outnumber home more often if it was easier to get to.
Nourishment - Best pies in the league. Best value beers and chippies if you find the right pub crawls.
Wildlife - Silverdale for the best selection and views - including murmurations of starlings and booming Bitterns in season.

Newport County: Former Div 4 regulars, non-league grafters giving it a go. AFC Barrow-in-Wales.

Team/Manager - Having thrived with Edinburgh and suffered with Butcher, may manage to soldier on if they stay under the radar - no one likes playing there.
Fans - Certainly know how to shift the odd bottle of brandy en-route. Probably more drunks per head of following than even "shoes-off" Barrow manage.
Nourishment - Cheap.
Wildlife - Handy for Severn Valley and Turtle Doves if fixtures are favourable - not this year.

Northampton Town: Handy "derby." Usually better than us but source of useful points. Sleeping "giant", won't be back for a while.

Team/Manager - More than competent and street wise manager, who we've courted more than once. Converters of chances.
Fans - Inoffensive fellow haters of Posh, with sound views on Luton and Stevenage.
Nourishment - Decent ale and food to be had in Duston, avoiding the nasty retail park.
Wildlife - Nene Valley offers plenty of wildfowl and terns.

Notts County: Final entry on this season's bucket list. Hadn't seen/noticed them since the days of Don Masson and Tony Hateley until this season. Plenty of history. Urban Plymouth/Portsmouth (without the moneybags success)

Team/Manager - Succession of useless managers (with one minor exception :hypo:). Not suited to the rough and tumble of League 2.
Fans - Seem to be in permanent shock and/or need of distraction.
Nourishment - tbc
Wildlife - Magpies, I presume.

O - Y to follow shortly.

BelizeHatter

Reaction score
Supports
Luton Town
Phew. Was thinking the season was a write off. It's good to be popular.............

Reaction score
Supports
Leyton Orient
Leyton Orient: U's favourite away-day. None of the baggage of Posh or Luton. M11 derby.

Team/Manager - Another scouser - learning his trade with a bunch of overpaid show ponies/donkeys. Might come good but dodgy owners may mess it up for them.
Fans - quiet
Nourishment - Leyton Tech offers decent pub food, decent ales and London prices. Acoustics are good in the Coach & Horses.
Wildlife - Sparrers

Take it you weren't there for the random invasions of parakeets. Annoying bastards.[/QUOTE]

Vanni

Reaction score
Supports
Cambridge United
Hate you? Since when? I know a few Cambridge supporters and you're my favourite other L2 club.

As strange as it may sound, I also get the feeling you lot don't like us very much, but I wouldn't exactly say 'hate us' because hate is a strong word. I don't really know what made me form this impression, but I think I made up my mind after reading a lot of posts all over the web which weren't complimentary of us at all, ever since we got back into the league.

Mind you, the comments I saw weren't posted on this forum, and, in general, the Wombles on this board are very respectful :thumbs:

Soup Ladle

Reaction score
Supports
Hartlepool
Don't think negatively about many sides in L2 but anyway, what I associate:

Accrington:
Overriding feelings of bitterness and envy whenever I look at the L2 table.

Barnet:
Yo yo side, never view them as a proper FL club. Small away numbers.

Bristol Rovers: The only decent club in Bristol.

Cambridge: Is there such a perception as not having any perception?

Carlisle: Desperate for rivals and have always targeted us as a derby more than we ever have them. (awaits the inevitable protestations)

Crawley Town: Plastic club. Should be non-league really.

Dagenham & Redbridge: I quite like them for some reason. Never been there, maybe never will. Might be down to getting them from the Conference to the Championship on FM2015 whilst also managing Ghana.

Exeter City: Good set of fans.

Leyton Orient: A club I respect a lot, met many decent fans and not too dissimilar a club to ourselves

Luton: Never ever beat them. Easyjet.

Mansfield: Traditionally not the best relationship with us but I don't hold much against them. One of the first things that come to mind is that team they had about 12 years ago that scored a shitload and conceded even more. Weird, a bit like the place.

Morecambe: Do really well for the support they have. Hats off to them.

Newport: Unfashionable Welsh side really. That's all.

Northampton: Non-de-script club where we never bloody win. They also have a crap record at Hartlepool, too.

Notts County: Perennial underachievers

Oxford: One team I can't stand. Deluded fans, unfriendly city with a terrible mix of chavers and toffs that all hate each other. Terrible ground.

Plymouth: Probably with Oxford my top two most disliked sides here. Cocky fans who have a bizarre entitlement complex.

Portsmouth: Cracking fans. Southern town that feels more like the north. Too big for here.

Stevenage: Horrible home counties concrete jungle.

Wimbledon: A bit of a shadow of the real Wimbledon but respect their re-emergence. Decent fans from the ones I've met (although some of the ones on here seem a bit touchy)

Wycombe Wanderers: Have cast aside their non-league roots and are an established league side now.

Yeovil Town: Nowt against them but wouldn't miss them if they were gone.

York City: We're similar clubs. This is a bit more of a derby to me than Carlisle. It's nearer for a start. Cracking day out, although a bit dicey if you're a Poolie in colours.

Last edited:

Hatter86

Reaction score
Supports
Luton Town
I'll have a bash. Expect it to be overly critically and predominantly unrepresentative of how I actually feel towards each club.

Accrington: Didn't realise how many decent sized clubs are around them until I went up there. Plucky etc. Good on them.

Barnet:
I think everyone would be better served were they dissolved and their fanbase assimilated into clubs from the surrounding area.

Bristol Rovers: Weird soft spot for them as had a mate who followed them. We fell out after we all went to Ibiza and he couldn't make it...

Cambridge: Glad the micro rivalry is over in the wake of Still and Moneys sackings.

Carlisle: Hardy folk. A measure of respect.

Crawley Town: Oh, sod off.

Dagenham & Redbridge: Accrington of the south.

Exeter City: Always say I'll go, never do. I blame it for being so far away. Boo.

Hartlepool: Carlisle lite.

Leyton Orient: Annoyed me that they gleaned something out of Adam Boyd.

Mansfield: Every club has its idiots, Luton more than most. But I've found Mansfield's to be the one of the worst.

Morecambe: Bitter rivals as we now fight over a statuette of a dead comedian.

Newport: Goldie Lookin' Chain are from there. Probably enough said.

Northampton: Was happy to consider it a derby of sorts until they started doing well/

Notts County: Hard to care about a club that a club 12 yards away doesn't.

Oxford: Smile when I think about them as it reminds me of Keith Keane. Then again so does going in the Wigmore Arms.

Plymouth: Had a thoroughly terrible 4 days there with a girlfriend from Plymouth that became an ex very soon after. I'm using that experience to form my entire opinion of the club.

Portsmouth: Yea, fair play.

Stevenage: No, it's not a derby and it never will be.

Wimbledon: Was a fan due to the anti MK sentiments until they beat us on pens in Manchester. Long journey home that was.

Wycombe Wanderers: Complete ambivalence.

Yeovil Town: I like cider.

York City: Lovely city, nothing against the club. Brodie. Eugh.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
feby2112

Latest posts

Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!