immariner

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town FC
.........................McKeown

R. Tait J. Gowling S. Pearson G. Robertson

N. Arnold C. Disley C. Clay A. Monkhouse

..................O. Bogle P. Amond

Others: C. Bastock, T. Nsiala, D. East, M. Marshall, J. Mackreth, S. Brown, JP. Pittman, J. Sunter, J. Venney.

We're one good signing (two, if I'm being greedy) away from looking (on paper) the strongest we have done since we've been down here. We either, to my mind, need a striker or an attacking central midfielder.

Last edited:

Clarkey_GTFC

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
Twitter
@daveclarkeutm
With us signing Marshall I can see us potentially playing Monkhouse upfront with Bogle, as a makeshift LJL replacement. Still need one more striker though, yeah.

Padge

Reaction score
Supports
Wrexham
I think the 4 3 3 i'd go for would be

---------------------------Belford----------------------------

----Vidal ------ Smith ----- Fyfield (c) ---- Newton -----

-----------Vose --------Fowler -------- Carrington ----------

--------- Smith -------Jennings ------ Moke -------------

Subs - Hudson, Evans, Jackson, Gray, York.

Would like another midfielder. Shame that McLaughin is northern based, would like him in that middle three.

PaulHaddock

people person
Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby

Would like another midfielder. Shame that McLaughin is northern based, would like him in that middle three.
You don't want fyfield as first choice CB or captain if you want promotion.

yellow

Reaction score
Supports
Torquay
Keepers:

Dan Lavercombe - recently turned pro

Defenders:

James Hurst - Hednesford Town
Angus MacDonald
Oneil Odofin - recently turned pro
Dan Butler - Portsmouth

Midfielders:

Luke Young
Courtney Richards
Sam Chaney

Attackers:

Ryan Bowman
Louis Briscoe
Tyrone Marsh - Ebbsfleet United
Liam Prynn - recently turned pro

Last edited:

Padge

Reaction score
Supports
Wrexham
You don't want fyfield as first choice CB or captain if you want promotion.

Rumours are that he may be our captain but it could be wrong. To be fair, player of the year for Welling last year. I know they were absolutely terrible but it must count for something. The York fans also rate him. He is a guaranteed starter i reckon, alongside Smith.

MWS

Reaction score
Supports
Stockport County
As it stands:

GK Danny Hurst
RB Danny Morton
CB Sean O'Hanlon
CB
LB Gareth Roberts
RM Abdulai Bell-Baggie
CM Glenn Rule
CM Karl Ledsham
LM Micah Evans / Andy Robinson
STK Lamin Colley
STK

Other players signed up:
Kevin Holsgrove
Scott Duxbury (LB) - transfer listed
Chris Churchman (CM) - transfer listed
Mark Lees (CB) - transfer listed
Danny Glover (STK) - transfer listed

1884 Belmont

Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere Rovers
As it stands:

GK Danny Hurst
RB Danny Morton
CB Sean O'Hanlon
CB
LB Gareth Roberts
RM Abdulai Bell-Baggie
CM Glenn Rule
CM Karl Ledsham
LM Micah Evans / Andy Robinson
STK Lamin Colley
STK

Other players signed up:
Kevin Holsgrove
Scott Duxbury (LB) - transfer listed
Chris Churchman (CM) - transfer listed
Mark Lees (CB) - transfer listed
Danny Glover (STK) - transfer listed

Roberts was a great pro with us, had a torrid time of it at Notts County but by all accounts did well at Chester last year. Robinson could be the difference if he gets fit but it's a massive gamble that he will. Bell-Baggie is lightning quick, but you will need some bigger players to protect him. Something for you to consider - when Baggie and Robinson were firing on either wing for us, we were top of League 1. Not saying they will do the same for you, but at your level it COULD be you have the best wingers in the division.

MWS

Reaction score
Supports
Stockport County
Roberts was a great pro with us, had a torrid time of it at Notts County but by all accounts did well at Chester last year. Robinson could be the difference if he gets fit but it's a massive gamble that he will. Bell-Baggie is lightning quick, but you will need some bigger players to protect him. Something for you to consider - when Baggie and Robinson were firing on either wing for us, we were top of League 1. Not saying they will do the same for you, but at your level it COULD be you have the best wingers in the division.

Sounds reasonably positive then. Lets hope Robinson still has the gusto and desire he had when he was younger still in him. Bell-Baggie sounds really positive. Looking forward to seeing what he can do for us this season. Interestingly, until we brought in the more 'finesse' players like Robinson & Bell-Baggie, all we had done was signed giants (Roberts aside) as detailed below!

Danny Morton 6ft 1"
Glenn Rule 6ft 1"
Danny Hurst 6ft 2"
Sean O'Hanlon 6ft 2"
Kevin Holsgrove 6ft 2"
Karl Ledsham 6ft 3"
Lamin Colley 6ft 4"

So there are plenty of big lads about to give us plenty of physicality.

Looking forward to seeing how you guys get along. That Lois Maynard you signed from Halifax is a BEAST! haha!

1884 Belmont

Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere Rovers
Sounds reasonably positive then. Lets hope Robinson still has the gusto and desire he had when he was younger still in him. Bell-Baggie sounds really positive. Looking forward to seeing what he can do for us this season. Interestingly, until we brought in the more 'finesse' players like Robinson & Bell-Baggie, all we had done was signed giants (Roberts aside) as detailed below!

Danny Morton 6ft 1"
Glenn Rule 6ft 1"
Danny Hurst 6ft 2"
Sean O'Hanlon 6ft 2"
Kevin Holsgrove 6ft 2"
Karl Ledsham 6ft 3"
Lamin Colley 6ft 4"

So there are plenty of big lads about to give us plenty of physicality.

Looking forward to seeing how you guys get along. That Lois Maynard you signed from Halifax is a BEAST! haha!

Robinson played in Ian Goodison's testimonial on May 4th and he was absolutely massive, so like I said it will be a huge gamble to get him back to fitness. That being said, he did score from the half way line! That's the thing with Robbo - undoubted ability but fitness and temper cost him. Likewise Baggie, lightning quick and will scare defenders with his pace, but just as likely to beat 3 and hit his final ball over the stand as he is to set something up.
Robinson:
Carlisle 0 - 3 Tranmere (Robbo Hat-trick).
Baggie
: Accrington 3-2 Tranmere ( Baggie scores both goals).

1884 Belmont

Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere Rovers
So, with this week's 2 signings, we are shaping up something like this now:

----------Davies------------
Sutton--Hogan-- Riley-- Hill
-----Jennings---- Harris-------
------------Maynard-------------
Norwood-- Stockton--Mangan

Not sure on formation, and fully expect another striker to potentially replace Stockton, but that's coming together now.

Daggers

Reaction score
Supports
Wrexham
I'd like to see:

Belford
Vidal Smith Hudson Newton
Vose Fowler(c) Racchi
Jennings Gray Moke

Subs, Fyfield Carrington Smith York Jackson

Son of Cod

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
IMG

Joe.

Reaction score
Supports
Ebbsfleet United
Twitter
@JoeGlidewell
It doesn't look like we will be adding any more signings so our side should look something like this:

McMahon has already said he favours 4-3-3 so here goes...

GK - Preston Edwards, Brandon Hall or Jonathan Miles. One of the first two are heading out on loan. We're no nearer to knowing which one.

RB: Joe Howe
CB: Tom Bonner
CB: Anthony Acheampong
LB: Aiden Palmer

CM: Jordan Parkes
CM: John - Paul Kissock
CM: Stuart Lewis/Dean Rance

ATT: Matt Godden/Robbie Willmott
ATT: Danny Kedwell
ATT: Adam Cunnington

Others: Kenny Clark, Matt Fish, Lloyd Harrington, Matt Johnson, Alex Osborn, Theo Lewis, Michael West, Sean Shields and Charlie Sheringham.

I'd imagine 3 or 4 will be loaned out but with the players we have, changing formations and somebody new slotting in would be relatively easy!

Son of Cod

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
That's a ridiculous attack for your division. Jordan Parkes looks like a great signing too. Watched his 2014/15 goal reel recently. He can certainly hit the ball from range! Does he track back, or is he just an attacking midfielder through and through? Could be be high scoring 'fleet games next season, I reckon.

Joe.

Reaction score
Supports
Ebbsfleet United
Twitter
@JoeGlidewell
That's a ridiculous attack for your division. Jordan Parkes looks like a great signing too. Watched his 2014/15 goal reel recently. He can certainly hit the ball from range! Does he track back, or is he just an attacking midfielder through and through? Could be be high scoring 'fleet games next season, I reckon.

Agreed. Certainly looks to be a lot of goals in there, and the creativity is there too, whereas it wasn't last season! Really pleased with the signings of Kissock, Parkes and Willmott.

On Parkes, I'm not too sure. He has played as a right back early on in his career but not sure he was much cop there (maybe Barnet fans could tell you more), but I'd imagine he will see out his defensive duties too. Scored the only goal of the game in our friendly against Farense yesterday.

McMahon has done our business early. Just waiting on a few to leave on loan I reckon. This is the most positive I've been by any of our sides since we've been down here. I really think we will do it this year. A very tough division though, plenty of strong sides and a fair bit of money flying about - not just us!

dan_wrexhamafc

Reaction score
Supports
Wrexham
GK - Belford
RB - Vidal
CB - Manny Smith
CB - Fyfield/Hudson
LB - Newton

CM - Rachi (if offered contract, impressed so far)
CDM - Fowler
CM - Vose

RF - Jennings
CF - Gray
LF - Moke

Shotsfan1993

Reaction score
Supports
Aldershot Town
Twitter
@SamOS1993
With our recent signings, I could see us playing 4-3-3 this season with what we have at the moment (although I think we still need another winger and a right back as Oastler is going to miss the start of the season I believe)

With what we have right now this is probably our strongest side.

Smith

Hatton (Oastler when fit)
Oliver
Saville
McGinty

Lathrope
Gallagher
Stevenson

Walker (Charlie or Dan - take your pick ;))
Barnes-Homer
Richards

Subs: Thomas, Barker, Walker (the one that doesnt start), Hatton (when Oastler returns)

Semi-skimmed Silk

Reaction score
Supports
Macclesfield Town
Have now got a full starting 11 after the signings in the last 24 hours, just in time for our first friendly today. Expecting JA to look through a whole bunch of trialists over the next couple of weeks to make our squad out of.

Potential 11:

Branagan

Halls---Pilks---Byrne---Haynes-Brown

Holroyd---Turnbull---Lewis---Rowe/Bailey-Jones

Dennis---Sampson

Subs: Cowan, Diagne, Bailey-Jones/Rowe

Dan_Macclad

Reaction score
Supports
Macclesfield
Shaping up to be a solid side, it gives plenty of time to look at the trialists instead of needing to make quick decisions, far cry from the last two seasons..

fifaking

Reaction score
Supports
Wrexham
GK - Belford
RB - Vidal
CB - Manny Smith
CB - Fyfield/Hudson
LB - Newton

CDM - Fowler
CM - Vose

RF - Jennings
CF - Gray
LF - Moke
Judging by the starting XI in yesterday's friendly you don't look far wrong here.

chipmunx

Reaction score
Supports
Barrow AFC
updated Barrow team for the season;-

Dixon
Young/Carroll, Livesey, Grand, Ashton
Fofana
Pilkington, Mellor. Elliot Newby, Haworth
Cook

subs (from) Taylor (keeper), Cowpethwaite, Lacey, Harvey, Walker, Alex Newby, Williams, Carroll/Young, Anthony Wilson

expecting both Carroll and Elliot Newby (local Barrow lads) to sign and Young.
still need another striker (possibly lewis Guy) and another winger

SamScfc

Reaction score
Supports
Stockport
Twitter
@samcharnock94
It doesn't look like we will be adding any more signings so our side should look something like this:

McMahon has already said he favours 4-3-3 so here goes...

GK - Preston Edwards, Brandon Hall or Jonathan Miles. One of the first two are heading out on loan. We're no nearer to knowing which one.

RB: Joe Howe
CB: Tom Bonner
CB: Anthony Acheampong
LB: Aiden Palmer

CM: Jordan Parkes
CM: John - Paul Kissock
CM: Stuart Lewis/Dean Rance

ATT: Matt Godden/Robbie Willmott
ATT: Danny Kedwell
ATT: Adam Cunnington

Others: Kenny Clark, Matt Fish, Lloyd Harrington, Matt Johnson, Alex Osborn, Theo Lewis, Michael West, Sean Shields and Charlie Sheringham.

I'd imagine 3 or 4 will be loaned out but with the players we have, changing formations and somebody new slotting in would be relatively easy!

You should win that league shouldn't you? No idea of the standard but that team should walk it. Only asking cos I might lump on it.

Joe.

Reaction score
Supports
Ebbsfleet United
Twitter
@JoeGlidewell
You should win that league shouldn't you? No idea of the standard but that team should walk it. Only asking cos I might lump on it.

People have said the same about us for the past two seasons. Well, not so much the first as Eastleigh were class, but you get the point.

Last season was the ideal time to go up as the league was at its weakest. Now it's at its strongest. Ebbsfleet, Whitehawk, Margate all with huge amounts of cash available. Havant, Maidstone and Sutton not exactly poor either. Then you've got the likes of Basingstoke, Gosport and Hemel who aren't shit. And Dartford are always there or thereabouts at this level.

It'll be highly competitive and although I fancy us to do it, I'm not expecting it...

Who Needs Mourinho

Reaction score
Supports
Stockport County
People have said the same about us for the past two seasons. Well, not so much the first as Eastleigh were class, but you get the point.

Last season was the ideal time to go up as the league was at its weakest. Now it's at its strongest. Ebbsfleet, Whitehawk, Margate all with huge amounts of cash available. Havant, Maidstone and Sutton not exactly poor either. Then you've got the likes of Basingstoke, Gosport and Hemel who aren't shit. And Dartford are always there or thereabouts at this level.

It'll be highly competitive and although I fancy us to do it, I'm not expecting it...
You have more money than Whitehawk an Margate by quite a margin though don't you?

SamScfc

Reaction score
Supports
Stockport
Twitter
@samcharnock94

Cheers. Didn't realise how strong the league was. The signings of Willmott and Cunnington stood out to me that's why I asked.

Joe.

Reaction score
Supports
Ebbsfleet United
Twitter
@JoeGlidewell
You have more money than Whitehawk an Margate by quite a margin though don't you?

I couldn't tell you just how much they both have but I know it's a hell of a lot. Our owner is obviously richer, but he is investing more into the Club than the team. We have more sponsors than we've ever had, our stadium will be completely redeveloped and could bring in some extra revenue for us down the line. We have the best pitch in the league by far, and wouldn't look out of place in the league. We've had good pitches for as long as I can remember but with that extra money we've turned it into one of the best surfaces in non league. In terms of budgets, I personally don't think there's a lot between the three, although we probably are slightly higher.

Cheers. Didn't realise how strong the league was. The signings of Willmott and Cunnington stood out to me that's why I asked.

Ridiculously strong league this season pal. Sutton were god awful last season but will be up there this. Even Maidenhead have strengthened and under Devonshire I'd fancy them to be a surprise package. Of course we SHOULD be looking to win the league... but I wouldn't be surprised if we had to settle for the play offs.

EnglishRed

Reaction score
Supports
Wrexham
GK - Belford
RB - Vidal
CB - Manny Smith
CB - Fyfield/Hudson
LB - Newton

CDM - Fowler
CM - Vose

RF - Jennings
CF - Gray
LF - Moke

From what I've seen so far that would be the team I'd go for but with Smith, if recovered from his knock, instead of Moke (Moke and York as impact subs)

gtfcfan

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby

Please tell me you do not expect Fyfield to be your captain ?

i am worried for you if this is the case, and if he plays CB

Mr Scooty

Reaction score
Supports
Wrexham
Nah, fat man Fowls is our captain.

Apparently Fyfield played well for Welling last season.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yellowman

Latest posts

Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!